The Last Duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
The Last Duel, set for October 2021

mgygUwPJvYk

Three big names: Matt Damon, Adam Driver and Ben Affleck

Looking forward to this, I have a thing for medieval/knight films.

Patient_Leech
Oh shit, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck directed by Ridley Scott. Looks like a follow up to Kingdom of Heaven.

I've given up on Ridley doing any more decent science fiction, so I guess I'll welcome this.

The Matt Damon mullet seemed a very bold choice. That's worth the price of admission right there. laughing out loud

Robtard
I usually enjoy Ridley Scott films, he has a good track record with me.

Mullets were a bad choice even in the 1300s

2by8
Explain

Old Man Whirly!
This looks awesome.

Robtard
Originally posted by 2by8
Explain

A) Ridley Scott has a many good films under his belt and I enjoyed many. eg Gladiator is one of mt favorite films and at the very top of my 'can watch any time' films list

B) Mullets are just a poor style of hair, be it 1380's Argentan France or 2021 Westville Florida

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
A) Ridley Scott has a many good films under his belt and I enjoyed many. eg Gladiator is one of mt favorite films and at the very top of my 'can watch any time' films list

B) Mullets are just a poor style of hair, be it 1380's Argentan France or 2021 Westville Florida I kind of have a mullet/top knot going on. When on holiday next month I will post pictures.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I kind of have a mullet/top knot going on. When on holiday next month I will post pictures.

laughing out loud can't wait

2by8
And they say Chivalry is ded

2by8
I guess as with all things, I'll watch it by myself. 😥 On the bright side, at least I'm not in a cell, with another dude.

jaden_2.0
Shadiversity is NOT going to like this.

ares834
Getting really sick of how nearly every movie or show set in the middle ages (or inspired by them) has the same aesthetic; grey, winter, and overcast.

2by8
Originally posted by ares834
Getting really sick of how nearly every movie or show set in the middle ages (or inspired by them) has the same aesthetic; grey, winter, and overcast. Then make your own movie, go to sunny places

BruceSkywalker
like adam driver, but hate affleck and damon..

might have to have someone pay my way

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Getting really sick of how nearly every movie or show set in the middle ages (or inspired by them) has the same aesthetic; grey, winter, and overcast.

Dude, just how it was back then, all gloomy and grey and the time.

Also, your post made me remember this gem of a poster:

Originally posted by nerf warrior

Ya Krunk'd Fool, midevil is a recogiznized time period. It's like saying the Middle Ages. So it actually has nothing to do with evil it's just a catch phrase.

Robtard
Got my tickets for tomorrow

Patient_Leech
Oh this comes out this weekend?

Sadly it's probably going to get burried by other big releases such as J. Bond, Halloween Kills, Venom, Dune, etc..

Patient_Leech
Actually, no offense to this film, but I hope Dune buries it...

Robtard
Why not both be great?

But I feel ya, I really want Dune to be great, if it's not, I'll be seriously butthurt. If this is just meh, I won't care too much.

Patient_Leech
Why not both be great?

But I feel ya, I really want Dune to be great, if it's not, I'll be seriously butthurt. If this is just meh, I won't care too much.

I don't mean I hope it's not good (of course I hope it's good), I just don't think it's the kind of thing that's going to blow up the box office.

I don't think there's any doubt that Dune will be great (Villeneuve is amazing). But it needs to blow up the box office. Then maybe they'll even let Villeneuve film the next two films he wants to do back-to-back. That would be f#cking ideal scenario.

Robtard
I enjoyed it, though nothing spectacular. Both Damon and Driver's acting seemed to fade in and out, like they gave a shit in one scene and didn't the next.

Affleck was atrocious in this, seemed like he played some Boston douche, but with a bad English accent, he's got a very minor role though so it doesn't poison the story too much.

BruceSkywalker
gonna watch next week sometime

Robtard
It's slow and the same story/plot is told from three different perspectives, Damon's, Driver's and Comer's.

Like Dunkirk was, but Dunkirk was excellent.

Patient_Leech
It's slow and the same story/plot is told from three different perspectives, Damon's, Driver's and Comer's.

Like Dunkirk was, but Dunkirk was excellent.

Oh, hm..

I didn't like Dunkirk, so I may have to skip this...

But that Matt Damon mullet, I need to see that... hm.. This is a predicament!!

Robtard
It's a full on War-Mullet, breed for and testing in battle.

Patient_Leech
I'm thinking about coming back to give this a chance.

I just feel like I should give it a peep before I see Napoleon.

Robtard
You never watched this!? What a f*king nerdbag.

Patient_Leech
^ Shame on me...

It was really, really good.

I'm ashamed that I wasn't more interested in it at the time. I'm going to blame the marketing!!

Dare I say it was actually the closest I think Ridley Scott has come to recapturing Gladiator vibes.

Patient_Leech
Hm.. very poignant analysis here...

jB2RrqWROxI?si=mhwhnFrXEyJ_VXxn

riv6672
I would still rather have had a sequel to The Great Wall, but I watched this several months back and it was pretty good.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh this comes out this weekend?

Sadly it's probably going to get burried by other big releases such as J. Bond, Halloween Kills, Venom, Dune, etc..

Oh, boy. Yeah, that explains why it bombed at the box office. Depressing medieval Matt Damon and Ben Affleck is no match for that competition. But it is a shame, because I really greatly enjoyed this.

I enjoyed it, though nothing spectacular. Both Damon and Driver's acting seemed to fade in and out, like they gave a shit in one scene and didn't the next.

Affleck was atrocious in this, seemed like he played some Boston douche, but with a bad English accent, he's got a very minor role though so it doesn't poison the story too much.

Everybody hates Ben Affleck, and I don't really get it. I think he's a good actor. He was very hateable and douchey in this and I think that was intentional... lol.

I had to get past all the English speaking when they're supposed to be French. Once I did I really enjoyed it. I get wanting to use the big American stars, but I would have much preferred this be French with English subtitles.

Robtard
I don't hate Ben Affleck and he's done some decent acting work. He just sucked dirty assholes in this.

He's a far better director than actor though, imo.

Patient_Leech
He's a far better director than actor though, imo.

I actually never saw his Best Picture win, Argo. I need to do that.

Robtard
Argo, The Town and Gone Baby Gone are very good all worth watching.

Watch all three and let me know thumb up

Patient_Leech
I did see The Town a long time ago, though I don't remember it terribly well except that I remember being relatively impressed with Affleck's work.

Aye-aye, I'll work on it. Thanks.

Robtard
The Town has an extended version, it's 26mins longer and worth a viewing if you ever want to watch it again.

Patient_Leech

riv6672
^^^I read they (the razzies) nominated Stanley Kubrick for worst director. The movie was The Shining.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.