The Billionaire Thread, What do we think of Bezos and Co?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Are any of them good people?

What do you think about them? Open ended!

cdtm
I think they'd make good chum-bait.

You know, for JAWS.

Impediment

cdtm

snowdragon
What's interesting is that in 97 when Amazon went public top news was that everyone that worked there even janitors were millionaires at least on paper (we know it only got better.) Not so much today.....eh

Today it's more like time to go to work, best slap on that thigh bladder.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Are any of them good people?

What do you think about them? Open ended!

I admire anyone that has the drive and the will to succeed in their chosen field. To take a look at a mountain and go "ima climb that ****er".

The problem is when you take advantage of people to do it. Maybe a person can make the argument that Amazon wouldn't be as big as it was if Bezos wasn't willing to exploit vulnerable workers and have really shady business practices when it comes to selling "quality" products, but all that means to me is that if Amazon couldn't climb to the mountaintop without doing that shit, then it shouldn't be on the mountaintop in the first place.

Adam_PoE
I hear Bezos has a big cock. Someone tried to blackmail him by threatening to leak his dick pics, and he said, "Go ahead."

NewGuy01
Originally posted by -Pr-
Maybe a person can make the argument that Amazon wouldn't be as big as it was if Bezos wasn't willing to exploit vulnerable workers and have really shady business practices when it comes to selling "quality" products, but all that means to me is that if Amazon couldn't climb to the mountaintop without doing that shit, then it shouldn't be on the mountaintop in the first place.
You have it backwards; worthy or no, if Amazon hadn't been willing to cut corners, then it would've been out-competed by a company that was. That's just the nature of the mountaintop itself. Jeff Bezos isn't really the problem.

-Pr-
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You have it backwards; worthy or no, if Amazon hadn't been willing to cut corners, then it would've been out-competed by a company that was. That's just the nature of the mountaintop itself. Jeff Bezos isn't really the problem.

I'm not expecting them to never cut corners. That's the cost of doing business a lot of the time.

The problem I have is that I believe Amazon could still be the biggest player in town while treating its workers fairly. I don't believe for one second that they're mutually exclusive.

NemeBro
They should have their wealth redistributed at gunpoint. thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
I would call Bezos an a-hole but that would probably make me a hypocrite if I said that since I spend so much damn money on Amazon and have for years.

Eon Blue

Scribble
The problem I have is that I believe Amazon could still be the biggest player in town while treating its workers fairly. I don't believe for one second that they're mutually exclusive. Oh, that's the thing. They are mutually exclusive. Exploitation is the core trait of capitalism, it is how it functions as an economic system.

cdtm
https://www.quora.com/If-the-top-1-richest-people-want-one-thing-and-the-general-public-wants-the-exact-opposite-thing-than-given-the-constraints-on-political-donations-and-politicians-need-to-appeal-to-the-masses-wouldnt-the-majority/answer/Nikita-Rogozin-2?__filter__=all&__nsrc__=notif_page&__sncid__=17189837599&__snid3__=24141036919

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Scribble
Oh, that's the thing. They are mutually exclusive. Exploitation is the core trait of capitalism, it is how it functions as an economic system.

Bingo.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I hear Bezos has a big cock. Someone tried to blackmail him by threatening to leak his dick pics, and he said, "Go ahead." did he pop some tags with only 20 dollars in his pocket?

Robtard
Bezos could do right by his employees and while he'd be worth less, he'd still be the richest person in the world, maybe second richest. Of which he'd be back at number one in time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scribble
Oh, that's the thing. They are mutually exclusive. Exploitation is the core trait of capitalism, it is how it functions as an economic system.

He could succeed without exploiting all his workers, so I have to disagree.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Blakemore
did he pop some tags with only 20 dollars in his pocket?

No, he was sending the dick pics to women he was having affairs with. The infidelity is why he and his wife got divorced.

snowdragon
He could succeed without exploiting all his workers, so I have to disagree.

He's on track to be the world's first trillionaire I believe.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, he was sending the dick pics to women he was having affairs with. The infidelity is why he and his wife got divorced. was it ****ing awesome?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Blakemore
was it ****ing awesome?

They never released them. sad

Blakemore

eThneoLgrRnae
Crony capitalism is not the same as true, free market capitalism.

LOL@ jackasses who think that people like Bezos and Amazon or other large corporations are the same as small business owners who just want to live the American dream and provide for their family. Some people are like really, really, REALLY dumb lol.

Of course when you're a boy who delusionally thinks you're a girl that is just kinda par for the course I guess. wink

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae

LOL@ jackasses who think that people like Bezos and Amazon or other large corporations are the same as small business owners who just want to live the American dream and provide for their family. Some people are like really, really, REALLY dumb lol.

And yet less than 25 years ago...

https://i.redd.it/xbpm3ik8iy731.jpg

StyleTime
I admire anyone that has the drive and the will to succeed in their chosen field. To take a look at a mountain and go "ima climb that ****er".

The problem is when you take advantage of people to do it. Maybe a person can make the argument that Amazon wouldn't be as big as it was if Bezos wasn't willing to exploit vulnerable workers and have really shady business practices when it comes to selling "quality" products, but all that means to me is that if Amazon couldn't climb to the mountaintop without doing that shit, then it shouldn't be on the mountaintop in the first place.
thumb up

My issue isn't with billionaires being rich. It's more that their salary continues to increase while their workers make starvation or near-starvation wages. If you're a billionaire, then your employees should be secure financially.

Yes, that means the billionaire will make less. They aren't the only ones doing work though, so they shouldn't be the only ones reaping the benefits.

To be honest, I'd say executives shouldn't be able to make over a certain percentage more than their lowest paid worker...but that's getting into the weeds.

StyleTime
Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe if he had free competition. But he didn't. All the alternatives were run out of business, all the cheap products were bought by the same corporations and resold at much higher prices. I sell my Chrono Trigger cart at 5 dollars, someone buys it and sells it on Amazon for 200. Before you know it, no one can afford Chrono Trigger except other speculators.

And that's all Amazon is. A playground for speculators pricing out the average consumer and constantly trading inventory with other speculators.
https://nypost.com/2021/07/12/super-mario-64-sells-for-1-56m-in-record-breaking-auction/

There was a sealed copy of Super Mario 64 that sold for 1.56 million bucks.

Nothing to do with Amazon, but your Chrono Trigger and speculators comment made me think of it.

Scribble
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Crony capitalism is not the same as true, free market capitalism.

Of course when you're a boy who delusionally thinks you're a girl that is just kinda par for the course I guess. wink Some people say they put other people on ignore and then keep reading their posts and get hilariously triggered smile (that's you btw, you do that, lol)

Capitalism can suck a bone. There is no "free" market, if the market was fully unrestricted then people like Bezos et al. would exploit resources and workers and create 'crony capitalism' / 'corporatism' regardless. It's all Capitalism, it's all exploitation. Capitalism = exploiting labour and resources to gain capital to create monopolies.

You can have markets in non-capitalist systems, but the smooth-brained ethneofascists, I mean, er, ethnofascists, can't understand these not-so-complicated ideas.

Blakemore

eThneoLgrRnae
Apparently some people are too damn stupid to get that when you put someone on ignore you can still see their posts when someone else quotes them.

But again, when you are also a boy who delusionally thinks you're a girl you aren't exactly very bright lol.

Scribble
aww babybrain keeps publicly pissing his pants sad

Scribble

Blakemore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.