Rebel Moon (Zack Snyder)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech

Patient_Leech
Unfortunately, though, he's going to be writing with the same writer as Army of the Dead. facepalm

Robtard
So this is not based on the 1996 book Rebel Moon?

The year is 2069. The Earth is under the peaceful control of the UN. The New World Order has brought about peace, is feeding everybody and is getting things done. Almost. The Moon is helping feed the Earth (just like in many sci-fi stories) by growing food and using gravity to delivery it. But they're getting sick of paying for the air, working under bad conditions and dealing with the corrupt colonial offcials. -snip

BruceSkywalker
gonna pass unless i like the actress

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
So this is not based on the 1996 book Rebel Moon?

I have nooooo idea.

Kazenji
Seems like it'll have a bit of Seven Samurai with that description in the link.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
First image I suppose...

https://www-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/lifestyle/zack-snyder-shares-first-look-073507374.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6& amp;usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251
%24s&aoh=16409953800448&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Flifestyle%2Fzack-snyder-shares-first-look-073507374.html

roughrider
As long as he's off any more DC projects, Snyder can do what he wants.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
As long as he's off any more DC projects, Snyder can do what he wants.

laughing out loud

That's fair enough.

Kty3
Khay weave narrowed it down to gausbemder's Miranda whom was Daten Robbey; & Becca Holidays /pirates of the Caribbean Knightley

Trapes

neXcWdF3V3w

Patient_Leech
Is there an actual trailer or just BTS hype?

7nc4TDtogcs

jaden_2.0
3vwumrcdbRY?si=-dq7St5x3OmLoEoi

Well...damn...😮

ares834
I was confused how they could cram all of that into a single film and then the 2 parts came up...

Anyway, Snyder certainly knows how to make a trailer. The real question is whether or not the story and characters will be any good. Should be good visually at least.

riv6672
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
3vwumrcdbRY?si=-dq7St5x3OmLoEoi

Well...damn...😮
^^^Neat.

BruceSkywalker
this shit is no way near star wars and snyder c8nts are moronistic jackases

playa1258
Always good to see more sci fi

CoolBlackKnight
Will be watching, this looks good & theatrical-worthy.

Hopefully it WILL be good for me to want to watch part 2 out next year.

Robtard
Trailer looks f**king great, pure scifi excellence. But Synder is so hit-miss, more often miss.

Definitely seeing this in the theater.

playa1258
Will shit on Disney Star Wars

Patient_Leech
fhr3MzT6exg?si=f9-zj8npJqc5G-jz

NemeBro
Looks like stupid edgemaster Schnyder schlock-kino, could be fun.

jaden_2.0
Well the reviews so far are overwhelmingly...

Not good.

"Disaster"

"Borderline incoherent shambles"

Kazenji
But the Snyder cult will act like its a masterpiece.

Patient_Leech
Let's just hope it's not Sucker Punch bad? *shrug*

Patient_Leech
Ugh, so apparently there's a PG-13 version coming first and then the R-rated Snyder cut later?

I think I'll just wait for the Snyder cut for the full, R-rated experience the way he intends it.

I want to give it the best chance possible.

jaden_2.0
It's pathetic. Trying to emulate the #releasethesnydercut bullshit. He either doesn't have the balls to get netflix to release his original vision for it or he's trying to con his audience once again into paying for the same thing twice.

Kazenji
It's kinda sad alot of Snyder's recent films need a extended cut.

Patient_Leech
It's pathetic. Trying to emulate the #releasethesnydercut bullshit. He either doesn't have the balls to get netflix to release his original vision for it or he's trying to con his audience once again into paying for the same thing twice.

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/12/20/rebel-moon-will-suffer-because-of-netflixs-obvious-snyder-cut-stunt/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQGsAEggAID#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17031193778950&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fsites%2Fpaultassi%2F2023%2F12%2F20%2Frebel-moon-will-suffer-because-of-netflixs-obvious-snyder-cut-stunt%2F

It's probably Netflix's fault. They apparently wanted a PG-13 film and Snyder wanted to go R-rated. Probably to make it broad appeal like Star Wars...

But people like me are bored with SW and would rather see something R-rated.

But yeah, it's obnoxious that they're doing the same Snyder cut thing..

jaden_2.0
Watched this tonight. It isn't as bad as the reviews are saying.

It has 2 major flaws. The dialogue is absolutely abysmal and there's pretty much zero chemistry between any of the multitude of characters.

One of the things the reviews were right about is its basically Kurosawa in space. Which unfortunately for Snyder was done to much greater effect in 1981 with Battle Beyond the Stars.

In its favour, the visuals are awesome and Ed Skrein is as cool as ever even with his Nazi uniform and his Lloyd Christmas hair-do.

Patient_Leech
^ those sound like pretty major flaws.

I'm not going to waste my time on it now. Will wait for the R-rated cut.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ those sound like pretty major flaws.

I'm not going to waste my time on it now. Will wait for the R-rated cut. thumb up

jaden_2.0
Will wait for the R-rated cut.

With that in mind its also very evident that the violence is supposed to be far more graphic than it is. Like the 300 style blood splatters and dismemberments have all been removed and is extremely noticeable.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji
It's kinda sad alot of Snyder's recent films need a extended cut.

Not just recent ones.

Snyder has always been about making extra money by releasing all those special versions of his films.

Just look at Watchmen. There is the theatrical cut, the Director's Cut and the Ultimate Cut.

Patient_Leech
With that in mind its also very evident that the violence is supposed to be far more graphic than it is. Like the 300 style blood splatters and dismemberments have all been removed and is extremely noticeable.

Yeah, that would be distracting.

I wonder if there's not going to be much difference between the two cuts other than the violence.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/LRMJhjx/410206158-410333901321580-2238186513770799350-n.jpg

Patient_Leech
I wonder if there's not going to be much difference between the two cuts other than the violence.

Apparently it's supposed to be VERY different...

https://screenrant.com/rebel-moon-directors-cut-details-zack-snyder-clarification/

jaden_2.0
4D chess move by Snyder. Get people to want to see your "true vision" of your movie by releasing a sub-par version of your movie right before you release the sequel to the sub-par version. Genius.

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Robtard
Nothing even remotely original, it's very Seven Samurai-ish in plot, dialogue was forgetful, CGI was great at times and awful in others (see: awesome robot and see: shit griffin), action was mostly good.

Overall, it felt like a cheesy 80s adventure flick with the plots and character setups/reveals. It's a solid 5.5/10 Scifi.

I will check out part 2 on a lazy weekend morning.

BruceSkywalker
this is utter dogshit, trash, garbage
no plot, f list acting
his step son who he fracks every night cannot act

Kazenji
Still haven't seen this movie

but i did see from one person on FB from a snyder cult page, Saying its the best he's seen in his entire life

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jaden_2.0
Was it Helen Keller?

Robtard
Probably some preteen kid, or Synder posing as someone else.

Kazenji
Yeah, If they seriously think this movie is the best film he's seen in his entire life. He needs to go outside and touch the grass.

playa1258
So this really sucked shit. It's almost as bad as an MCU film.

StiltmanFTW
Someone hurt you again, playa? laughing out loud

playa1258
Yeah this film

StiltmanFTW
Same poor quality as the entire DCEU, yeah.

Robtard
TBF, MCU movies have been largely meh to shit since Phase 4. It's like they don't have a cohesive larger picture any longer or just don't give a **** anymore because they're too busy counting money.

I'm hoping Deadpool 3 restarts it, but I suspect it will be another No Way Home or GotG3, a good film surrounded by turds.

Patient_Leech
The 3-hour Snyder Cut is coming this summer.

****ing ridiculous because I doubt most people will care at that point.

https://www.joblo.com/rebel-moon-snydercut/

playa1258
Yeah a total joke

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by playa1258
Yeah a total joke

I mean, I will care, because I'm more interested in his true vision and am not wasting my time on this first cut, but I figure most people won't care at that point. It's not like it's Batman and the Justice League where nerds will always be up for more.

jaden_2.0
Part 2 released today

Patient_Leech
Part 2 released today

Ooof...

jaden_2.0
Yeah it wasn't good. I watched it last night and it suffered from everything the first movie did and more.

One of the big problems from pt1 was that none of the main "rebels" had any chemistry or any attempt at building relationships between them. Snyder's attempt at fixing this in pt2 is to have one single scene where they all sit around a table and General Titus has them all tell their background stories as we get to see them. It's basically yet another exposition dump. After that they basically go back to fighting alone except for 1 bit when 2 of them team up.

Again it has slow motion when it doesn't need to. It's full to the brim with absolutely cringe inducing dialogue. It has dreadful editing again because they've obviously cut out all the intended gore to get a 12 rating. And it all builds up to a very anticlimactic ending.

Patient_Leech
Ugh, do you think this will be worth the time when he finally releases the R-rated cuts? Or is it going to be a 6-hour chore to get through?

And apparently he wants to go the Avatar route and do a lot more sequels... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jaden_2.0
I think they'd be improved by an R cut but it won't fix abysmal dialogue and characterisation.

Example...and excuse spoilers...Kora says she's going to cut the bad guy's head off. She cuts his head off. You don't see the blow. You don't see his head come off. You don't even see his body at all after he's dead.

This kind of thing happens during the fights all the time. It's so bad at one point the edit cuts to a death after the blow has been struck and the victim is falling down.

Kazenji
I'm sure part 2 is even more pig shit

but i'm sure the Snyder cult will say its a masterpiece of a film and its the best thing that they've seen.

Darth Thor
Is the Snyder cult basically the old DECU cult?

Or were they legit Snyder fans from day 1?

Robtard
Part 2 was just bad all around. Even the fight scenes were meh and this film is one long fight.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Is the Snyder cult basically the old DECU cult?

Or were they legit Snyder fans from day 1?

In fairness "day 1" Snyder would be DotD, Watchmen and 300. All of which are excellent. I even enjoyed Suckerpunch when most people didn't. Everything since has been downhill.

Patient_Leech
I think they'd be improved by an R cut but it won't fix abysmal dialogue and characterisation.

Example...and excuse spoilers...Kora says she's going to cut the bad guy's head off. She cuts his head off. You don't see the blow. You don't see his head come off. You don't even see his body at all after he's dead.

This kind of thing happens during the fights all the time. It's so bad at one point the edit cuts to a death after the blow has been struck and the victim is falling down.

Oh, god. That makes it even more egregious that they forced a PG-13 version. That's dumb AF.

Sounds like he's ripping off Riddick (2013) a bit, honestly.

Fair enough. Sounds like the R-rated versions will be better. I'll still give them a chance at some point.

But watching the trailer, I see light sabers and I'm just like, "I know it was intended as a Star Wars film originally, but why still use light sabers?" That's kind of cringy from the start.

playa1258
Part 1 was so bad I couldn't even finish it.

I'm not bothering with part 2.

Snyder is a hack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.