Blade vs Edward (Twilight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Standard weapons for Blade. Who's winning this?

Robtard
As much as I liked Blade (1-2) and couldn't finish the first Twilight film. Edward's likely taking this with his silly powers.

Jmanghan
Probably Edward, but it's gonna take awhile for him to close the distance due to Blade's arsenal.

I'd say Edward wins 7-8/10 times.

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Probably Edward, but it's gonna take awhile for him to close the distance due to Blade's arsenal.

I'd say Edward wins 7-8/10 times.

No it won't. He's bulletproof and tough enough that Blades melee weapons won't really do anything.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
No it won't. He's bulletproof and tough enough that Blades melee weapons won't really do anything. I'd figured some of them had anti-vampire properties, but apparently in the Twilight universe none of that shit works, damn.

KingD19
I'd figured some of them had anti-vampire properties, but apparently in the Twilight universe none of that shit works, damn.

He's got an acid etched sword, his glaive is silver, and so are the stakes. And he's got his serum and I think silver bullets or explosive rounds or something.

But the twipires have none of the traditional weaknesses of vampires, are bulletproof, hard as diamond, etc, etc... They're mid-tier superheroes with the title of vampire.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
He's got an acid etched sword, his glaive is silver, and so are the stakes. And he's got his serum and I think silver bullets or explosive rounds or something.

But the twipires have none of the traditional weaknesses of vampires, are bulletproof, hard as diamond, etc, etc... They're mid-tier superheroes with the title of vampire. Yeah I don't see the point in even making them vampires then.

The only thing vampire-like about them is that they drink blood, are pale, and have sharp teeth.

KingD19
Yeah I don't see the point in even making them vampires then.

The only thing vampire-like about them is that they drink blood, are pale, and have sharp teeth.

Stephanie Meyer took Interview with a Vampire/Dresden Files(The Vampire Courts) and basically ran with it. She took all the badass parts, ramped them up to 11, then cut out anything that could count as an actual weakness aside from "supernatural creatures can kill supernatural creatures". You're right that it's awful as a vampire franchise as it disrespects what we all typically associate with the term. But the action scenes are cool. Actually I'll give another credit that the individual vampire powers can be pretty creative and interesting. Like Bella's being a mental shield that basically protects anyone she wants in a close enough radius from any sort of mental power. But aside from that...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.