Who is worthy of Mjolnir?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Which various Movie/TV characters are worthy of Mjolnir?

Bale Batman
Reeve Superman
CW Superman
DCEU Wonder Woman
Shatner Kirk
Jean-Luc Picard
John Wick
Angus MacGyver

Silent Master
None of them

Old Man Whirly!
Kirk

KingD19
Don't know much about the original, but Nu-MacGyver definitely is.

playa1258
I'm the opposite I have not watched Nu-MacGyver at all.

KingD19
Originally posted by playa1258
I'm the opposite I have not watched Nu-MacGyver at all.

You should. It's on Amazon Prime. He's saved the world multiple times, is 100% selfless and has even sacrificed people close to him for the greater good despite it bringing him a bunch of pain. On his off time he's even actively trying to cure Cancer, world hunger, pollution, and other stuff. And actually making progress.

playa1258
I got some free time coming up. I'll check it out.

FrothByte
Bale Batman - definitely not
Reeve Superman - No, not enough growth as a character requiring overcoming self doubt
CW Superman - have not watched
DCEU Wonder Woman - would have said yes if it wasn't for what she did to that poor guy in WW84
Shatner Kirk - have not watched
Jean-Luc Picard - have not watched
John Wick - No, too much assassination blood on his hands
Angus MacGyver - who?

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
And if Mac can't lift it via worthiness he'll improvise a way to do it anyway. stick out tongue

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Angus MacGyver - who?

MacGyver is a powerful reality warper. big grin

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
kirk and picard can definitely can

playa1258
Reeve/CW Superman both Trek Captains and MacGyver have strong chances.

jaden_2.0
THERE. ARE...THOR...LIGHTS!!!

FrothByte

FrothByte
I didn't haven access to Star Trek as a kid and when I tried to watch them as an adult, it seemed to much of a chore. IMO that show didn't age well. I did watch the movies, but I don't think that would be enough to judge the two captains on whether or not they're worthy of Mjonlir since majority of their character development was handled in the show.

As for Macguyver, I didn't know we were talking about THAT Macguyver. Such a random character to include in the MvF. Don't remember much from that show except his hair and his talent for tinkering.

Also as far as CW Superman, I pretty much gave up on CW a few years ago. Became a bit too soap-operaish and a bit too political for me.

Shame because I used to love those shows, even met some of the cast in person.

riv6672

Stigma
MacGyver, Reeve Superman, possibly Piccard

KingD19
Saying Mac has a knack for tinkering is like saying the Avengers only saved the world a few times. He routinely defies and rewrites the laws of physics on a daily basis.

StiltmanFTW

Reeve Superman

Anyone but him.

https://i.gifer.com/8wDz.gif

h1a8
Which various Movie/TV characters are worthy of Mjolnir?

Bale Batman
Reeve Superman
CW Superman
DCEU Wonder Woman
Shatner Kirk
Jean-Luc Picard
John Wick
Angus MacGyver

WW
Jean-Luc Picard

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by KingD19
Saying Mac has a knack for tinkering is like saying the Avengers only saved the world a few times. He routinely defies and rewrites the laws of physics on a daily basis. He's no Doctor Who.

KingD19
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
He's no Doctor Who.

I'd say he's better than the Doctor considering their circumstances. Because the Doctor is an ancient space alien with extreme intelligence and thousands of years of life to give him more knowledge and experience. Plus he's got access to tons of futuristic tech.

Mac is a 20-30 something nerd who loves engineering, math and science and has altered how the world works with random every day objects he finds in dumpsters. He doesn't have a "Sonic Screwdriver " that does whatever the plot wants. He'll get a normal Screwdriver and use It to make a cannon out of pvc pipe and ball bearings or something.

riv6672
^^^haha, hells yeah. laughing

TheVaultDweller
Who needs a sonic screwdriver when you've got a Swiss army knife? big grin

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
WW
Jean-Luc Picard

LOL!!!!!

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL!!!!!

Prove me wrong

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Who needs a sonic screwdriver when you've got a Swiss army knife? big grin
QFT

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Prove me wrong

WW is a rapist and Jean-Luc Picard is just a random naval captain.

KingD19
WW 1984 definitely puts her out of the running. Before she was a strong contender what with stopping WW1 from enveloping the world because of Ares and stopping Steppenwolf from terraforming/enslaving Earth. But her wish robbed an innocent man of his body and despite knowing that, she did nothing about it the entire movie.

playa1258
Jean-Luc Picard is one of the best officers in the history of Starfleet, has saved countless lives on numerous occasions and is of strong moral character.

He definitely has a strong chance.

Old Man Whirly!
Kirk is the greatest hero of the TV age, he is manipulative and cunning. He has also saved the Earth countless times and always has the best motivations. Chick's also dig him because he often doesn't wear underwear.

Robtard
If Thor's the standard for being worthy, then these people are worthy:

Bale Batman
Reeve Superman
DCEU Wonder Woman
Shatner Kirk
Jean-Luc Picard

Not worthy, but on the path to becoming worthy:

John Wick

Can't say, not seen the source material:

CW Superman (I suspect would be worthy)
Angus MacGyver (I suspect would be worthy)

Silent Master
Jean-Luc Picard is one of the best officers in the history of Starfleet, has saved countless lives on numerous occasions and is of strong moral character.

He definitely has a strong chance.

IOW, normal protagonist. if he can do it then so can all hero level characters.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
If Thor's the standard for being worthy, then these people are worthy:

Bale Batman
Reeve Superman
DCEU Wonder Woman
Shatner Kirk
Jean-Luc Picard

Not worthy, but on the path to becoming worthy:

John Wick

Can't say, not seen the source material:

CW Superman (I suspect would be worthy)
Angus MacGyver (I suspect would be worthy) thumb up

Robtard
Kirk is the greatest hero of the TV age, he is manipulative and cunning. He has also saved the Earth countless times and always has the best motivations. Chick's also dig him because he often doesn't wear underwear.

Bingo

Both Kirk and Picard have saved billions of lives through their actions.

Robtard
IOW, normal protagonist. if he can do it then so can all hero level characters.

Saving billions of lives is not "normal protagonist" level, Trumper. That's at least a notch above.

Silent Master
Sure it is, jumping on a grenade is just as heroic whether it saves zero lives or 100.

Old Man Whirly!
Bingo

Both Kirk and Picard have saved billions of lives through their actions. Much as I love Picard, he can only dream of being James Tiberius Kirk. I actually tried to get nephew to name his recent son Tiberius, his words were "Uncle, you really are a geek sometimes", disrespectful maybe, funny probably, truthful definately, but am I wrong for still wishing he had?

Old Man Whirly!
Saving billions of lives is not "normal protagonist" level, Trumper. That's at least a notch above. laughing out loud

Robtard
Much as I love Picard, he can only dream of being James Tiberius Kirk. I actually tried to get nephew to name his recent son Tiberius, his words were "Uncle, you really are a geek sometimes", disrespectful maybe, funny probably, truthful definately, but am I wrong for still wishing he had?

Kirk is my favorite ST captain.

But in terms of heroics, they've both stopped acts that would have potentially razed entire planets.

Fifjd
So that's where mattingly and his boy Evan come in.

Fifjd
Truer parasites than trannies, chemical warfare

Old Man Whirly!
Kirk is my favorite ST captain.

But in terms of heroics, they've both stopped acts that would have potentially razed entire planets. not as directly, Kirk would never leave it to Geordie to alter the polarity of the main dish to warp reality with drivel particles. He would punch someone in a lizard suit and follow up with an ass smash.

Silent Master
Iron-man sacrificed himself to save the Earth in Avengers, IE billions of people and yet wasn't worthy.

Robtard
Iron-man sacrificed himself to save the Earth in Avengers, IE billions of people and yet wasn't worthy.

He actually saved trillions (or more) as Thanos was going to wipe the slate clean and start fresh, as per the plot of the film, Trumper.

Do we know if Tony wasn't worthy after he snapped? I don't recall him attempting to wield Thor's weapons, he was too busy being half out of it and dying.

Silent Master
I'm talking about the first movie, try and keep up, pedo.

Robtard
Tony survived in Avengers, did you not notice? He sacrificed himself in End Game.

Silent Master
He didn't know he was going to be saved, his intention was very much to sacrifice himself.

Robtard
He didn't know he would die either. That was largely an act of selfishness to be the "big hero", which he bragged about after to anyone who would listen, a semi-running gag.

Tony's true sacrifice came in the final of End Game. Seriously, how did you not follow Tony's character arc development from ego maniac to selfless hero?

Silent Master
LOL!!!!

Robtard
IOW: "I don't have a proper argument, so I am feigning laughter to cover up my MCU ignorance." -Silent Master

Silent Master
The guy was at ground zero of a nuke, the fact that you are trying to claim he had any expectation of surviving just proves you're trolling. IOW, there is no point in continuing.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm talking about the first movie, try and keep up, pedo. what is this shit about Rob being a Pedo. Weird as **** mate.

FrothByte
I'm pretty sure the being worthy of Mjolnir is a lot more complicated than saving lives, otherwise majority of heroes would be able to lift Mjolnir.

Robtard
The guy was at ground zero of a nuke, the fact that you are trying to claim he had any expectation of surviving just proves you're trolling. IOW, there is no point in continuing.

Um, even the outer blast of the nuke didn't touch him, so no, that is not "at ground zero". Do you not know what "ground zero" means? You're free to duck out as usual, Trumper.

Robtard
what is this shit about Rob being a Pedo. Weird as **** mate.

Trumpism has been rotting SilentMasters mind for 5+ years now. This is why.

Silent Master
Are you retarded, the nuke blew up a few seconds after he let go and he didn't have any power to fly away. of course he was at ground zero, pedo.

Robtard
I'm pretty sure the being worthy of Mjolnir is a lot more complicated than saving lives, otherwise majority of heroes would be able to lift Mjolnir.

Bingo

FrothByte
Pedo? Trumper? Well, this conversation certainly shifted gears.

Robtard
Are you retarded, the nuke blew up a few seconds after he let go and he didn't have any power to fly away. of course he was at ground zero, pedo.

Um, he let go of the nuke and he started to fall away from the ships; when it blew up, he was far away and the blast didn't touch him. He was not at "ground zero" of the explosion, as you're foolishly claiming:

-yFAhgFLQfo

What happened in the film > your feelings

Silent Master

Bingo

Glad you agree with me.

Robtard
HurrDurr

Old Man Whirly!
Pedo? Trumper? Well, this conversation certainly shifted gears. false equalisation. One is far worse as an insult than the other.

Robtard
Also, he is a Trumper and I'm not what he claims. Not my fault if he can't stand when I 'call a spade a spade'.

Silent Master
Pedo? Trumper? Well, this conversation certainly shifted gears.

Well, he is a pedo and I'm not what he claims. Not my fault if he can't stand when I 'call a spade a spade'.

Robtard
Now he's parroting me.

Old Man Whirly!
Also, he is a Trumper and I'm not what he claims. Not my fault if he can't stand when I 'call a spade a spade'. thumb up Yup, the last of the Voltron Collective are strange creatures.

Robtard
Trumpers have a weird thing with calling people they dislike "pedo", both to vilify and silence. What QAnon is built around, Trumpers also love to project, as we've seen.

Also definitely not worthy of wielding Mjolnir. A solid NO there.

Old Man Whirly!
Trumpers have a weird thing with calling people they dislike "pedo", both to vilify and silence. What QAnon is built around, Trumpers also love to project, as we've seen.

Also definitely not worthy of wielding Mjolnir. A solid NO there. Believe it or not, I know some decent Trumpers who wouldn't dream of calling anyone a Pedo in response to Trumper. Whilst Trump himself disgusts me I have right wingers in my family including a daughter in law who would hang anyone... love her to death. S and M spent 5 years not so covertly arguing for Trump whilst pretending he was a centerist, whatever that is. The QAnon type of Trumpers who cry Pedo at everyone, maybe projecting or just vile.

Robtard
Definitely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.