Worthy Cap vs. Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
* Cap gets Mjolnir and his shield
* Arthur gets King Atlan's trident

Starting distance: 50 feet

Setting: Millennium Park, Chicago

Who take it?

StiltmanFTW
Cap doesn't need the hammer.

Or shield.

Or even SSS.

Arthur is the most pathetic character in DC.

KingD19
I think Aquaman might do bad against lightning and a Mjolnir to the chin.

Old Man Whirly!
Has it ever been established if Cap got Thors strength and durability too?

KingD19
As long as he's holding it, he's strong enough to knock Thanos on his ass. And I don't think Arthur has the skill to take it from him on land.

Impediment

Old Man Whirly!

KingD19
I was always under the assumption Odin took that enchantment off when Thor proved himself worthy again at the end of the first movie.

When you're holding Mjolnir you can fly, hit super hard, and call lightning since he channeled his power through it for so many centuries. But we've seen no evidence that you get Thor's power.

But with Gorr in L&T, Thor will probably become unworthy and Jane becomes his replacement. Or as he's All-Father, then he passes it to her to save her from Cancer.

Silent Master
If they're going the unworthy Thor route that the comics did, I wont be watching the movie.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by KingD19
I was always under the assumption Odin took that enchantment off when Thor proved himself worthy again at the end of the first movie.

When you're holding Mjolnir you can fly, hit super hard, and call lightning since he channeled his power through it for so many centuries. But we've seen no evidence that you get Thor's power.

But with Gorr in L&T, Thor will probably become unworthy and Jane becomes his replacement. Or as he's All-Father, then he passes it to her to save her from Cancer. Why would you need to be worthy to lift it if the enchantment was removed?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Silent Master
If they're going the unworthy Thor route that the comics did, I wont be watching the movie. Why's that S and M roll eyes (sarcastic)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Has it ever been established if Cap got Thors strength and durability too?

It's one of those questions that will never get answered properly.

Same with "Has Thanos used the Power Gem against the Hulk?".

GotG 1 showed us the amp is always active, Russos' commentary contradict it, but then we have the official MCU comic showing Thanos using the gem in that fight.

Trolling the fanbase is a part of this game.

KingD19
Why would you need to be worthy to lift it if the enchantment was removed?

The worthy to pick it up and use it enchantment has always been there. The specific enchantment Odin put on it "Whosoever holds this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." Was so Thor had to prove himself worthy so he could get his actual powers back, and until he did, he was human. His power was literally contained in the hammer until he could earn it back.

After he got it back, there would be no reason to keep it on, and it doesn't appear he did considering Vsion nor Cap showed anything extra outside what they could already do. Except hit someone really hard with a magic hammer or call down magic lightning.

Old Man Whirly!
The worthy to pick it up and use it enchantment has always been there. The specific enchantment Odin put on it "Whosoever holds this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." Was so Thor had to prove himself worthy so he could get his actual powers back, and until he did, he was human. His power was literally contained in the hammer until he could earn it back.

After he got it back, there would be no reason to keep it on, and it doesn't appear he did considering Vsion nor Cap showed anything extra outside what they could already do. Except hit someone really hard with a magic hammer or call down magic lightning. That doesn't really make sense.

StiltmanFTW

After he got it back, there would be no reason to keep it on, and it doesn't appear he did considering Vsion nor Cap showed anything extra outside what they could already do. Except hit someone really hard with a magic hammer or call down magic lightning.

Vision doesn't count.

Robots/machines were always able to lift the hammer and never benefited anything from carrying it.

It was established back in early JiM issues.

Silent Master
Why's that S and M roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because that entire arc wasn't very well written.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Silent Master
Because that entire arc wasn't very well written. thumb up ok

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Vision doesn't count.

Robots/machines were always able to lift the hammer and never benefited anything from carrying it.

It was established back in early JiM issues.

Except Thor specifically states at the end of AOU that Vision can keep the mind stone because he could lift Mjolnir.

Impediment
Cap is worthy to wield Mjolnir because of his purity, courage, and heroic spirit.

However, the wielder of the hammer doesn't get the powers of Thor. Thor is a god with or without it. "Are you the God of hammers?"

Mjolnir is an instrument for Thor to focus his powers.

Cap can utilize the powers of the hammer, but it doesn't make him a god. Thor can tank the blast of a neutron star because he's a Norse god. Cap isn't.

Being worthy doesn't amp Cap's powers of fighting ability.

Aquaman stomps.

KingD19
Originally posted by Impediment
Cap is worthy to wield Mjolnir because of his purity, courage, and heroic spirit.

However, the wielder of the hammer doesn't get the powers of Thor. Thor is a god with or without it. "Are you the God of hammers?"

Mjolnir is an instrument for Thor to focus his powers.

Cap can utilize the powers of the hammer, but it doesn't make him a god. Thor can tank the blast of a neutron star because he's a Norse god. Cap isn't.

Being worthy doesn't amp Cap's powers of fighting ability.

Aquaman stomps.

That's mirroring basically my sentiments. Only I believe Cap would win because of lightning spam, which an aquatic humanoid should be really bad against. And he can play zone defense because both of his weapons are ranged and melee and both come back.

Old Man Whirly!
We'll see in Love and Thunder. smile

NemeBro
TOnly I believe Cap would win because of lightning spam, which an aquatic humanoid should be really bad against. Uh, why? Is he covered in water for this fight? Is this Pokemon? Is Arthur a water type and thunder attacks are "super effective" against him? laughing out loud

Impediment
Arthur has tanked bigger feats than lightning.

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
Uh, why? Is he covered in water for this fight? Is this Pokemon? Is Arthur a water type and thunder attacks are "super effective" against him? laughing out loud

That's literally exactly what I'm basing this off of lol.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Except Thor specifically states at the end of AOU that Vision can keep the mind stone because he could lift Mjolnir.

Thor is retarded, it's easy to impress him.

Steve and Tony expressed their doubts.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Impediment
Arthur has tanked bigger feats than lightning.

Not as far as energy blasts go. I mean, Black Manta's eyeblasts were hurting Aquaman bad.

I can see him withstanding one or two lightning blasts though it will still hurt him. I can't seem him fully tanking them nor do I see him withstanding continuous blasts. Not when that lightning was strong enough to hurt Thanos.

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
Not as far as energy blasts go. I mean, Black Manta's eyeblasts were hurting Aquaman bad.

I can see him withstanding one or two lightning blasts though it will still hurt him. I can't seem him fully tanking them nor do I see him withstanding continuous blasts. Not when that lightning was strong enough to hurt Thanos. Lightning did shit to Thanos. Tbh, those lightning strikes looked way weaker than the ones Thor summons. They look somewhat watered down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.