20 Years With My Wife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dude111
A woman awoke during the night to find that her husband was not in bed.
She put on her robe and went downstairs. He was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appeared to be deep in thought,just staring at the wall. She saw him wipe a tear from his eye and take a sip of his coffee.

"What's the matter dear? Why are you down here at this time of night?" she asked.

"Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating and you were only 16?" he asked.

"Yes I do." she replied.

"Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?"

"Yes I remember."

"Do you remember your father when he shoved that shotgun in my face and said,'Either you marry my daughter or spend twenty years in jail'?"

"Yes I do",she replied. He wiped another tear from his cheek and said, " You know I would have gotten out today." sad

walshy
I feel like this joke would've been on a chain email from 1998

you get thorns
If I'd have killed her instead of marrying her I'd be on parole by now.

Nuke Nixon
Just don't get married, /4head

It's an outdated pointless legal contract designed to f ck guys over.

Outlaw Traditional Marriage!

rudester
I actually like the concept of marriage. I don't see it as contract but as a commitment. A vow. Sex is fleeting and letting yourself be controlled by your hormones is dumb. Relationships are not for everyone but they are healthy and can be beneficial.

Sleeping with a different person every night can be fun but after a while its exhausting and lonely and selfish, and pathetic.

Nuke Nixon
Nope, legally it's a shitshow, remove the legal constraints and allow for the partner to do hospital stuff and all that complicated nonsense, forget a Judge or Minister to have to do the service, essentially 2 people can exchange vows without any of that because at the end of the day they have to live with one another, f ck everything else.

Then when the relationship goes down in flames, AND IT ALWAYS WILL, you can go your separate ways without a lot of hassle.

rudester
My parents have been together almost 50 years. So when I look at people who say they can't think of marriage, I think they don't really love each other. Married with a legal document only makes things legit. There are plenty of people who are together for decades and not officially married but yet they are emotionally attracted. You are confusing sex and monogamy with marriage.

Nuke Nixon
I've seen too many marriages go kaboom to ever like the institution ever, not confused about anything I just don't like it.

People that can do the 25 or 50 + years things are a rare breed and that's cool for them, but overall it's just a big waste of time and energy on every level.

rudester
You've seen, point taken! Why are you comparing yourself to you're friends. How do you know yours won't be different?

People today are selfish and live for their own happiness, how do you know you won't meet someone who you will find everything you are looking for? And when you do, they might see marriage as something they themselves want?

Nuke Nixon
I'm not comparing myself to anyone, it's a simple matter of personal preference, I will not marry anyone as i find the idea dumb as hell.

Doesn't matter if I would be good at it or not, love fades EVERY DAMN TIME, it's the nature of people, yes there are exceptions but I know that for me and my luck it won't simple as.

Never happening.

rudester
As I said, a western ideology is that your own happiness comes first.

You seem to have daemons that people will fail you every time? But the truth is, there are too many choices nowadays for people to upgrade and find someone better.

If marriage isn't for you thats cool, however, that doesn't mean you will won't change your mind.

The future you might want to settle down and you might just meet someone you will want to give your life to, so please dont say never cus never always changes.

Jmanghan
Is... Is the joke that they are brother and sister?

Nuke Nixon
No the joke is the guy would rather have spent the time in jail because marriage is worse than prison.

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by rudester
As I said, a western ideology is that your own happiness comes first.
Gotta take care of your star player.

From my experience I find this to be true 96% of the time.

Wrong, remember I'm the avatar of stubborn.

oh f ck that, I already found someone I want to spend "some" time with, and I know for certainty that this will only be temporary because that's the big lie with love, it's NOT forever, it's until something changes.

rudester
You sound selfish so obviously you will never find the one, because the only one that will be perfect for you is yourself. It's great to put yourself first however, to base your whole theory on love dies well that simply isn't true! There have been plenty of people who have been happy together and maybe that's what's bothering you? You have not been surrounded by healthy relationships and so you are basing your experience on that.

Furthermore, if you were to meet someone with a healthy relationship, it might come as a giant shock to you and might be endearing. But at the end of the day you just might not care as much for a healthy relationship.

Being in spur of the moment relationships is fine as well but its also sader when you expect that relationship to end before its even started.

Nuke Nixon
Well I never said I was mentally stable, I've got issues and yeah very selfish, the only one I trust is me.

walshy
What made you that way

Nuke Nixon
Ummm... probably the abuse from an early age by a step-dad, then some years in abject poverty getting the shit kicked out of me, and relationship after relationship crashing and burning, getting friends and them abandoning me for cooler people, shit like that.

walshy
Yeah that would do it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.