Will Google ever fix the problems of Youtube?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
Google has caused so much problems with Youtube over the years like removing private massages, giving the website a crappy search engine that always loops and forced video recommendations. I've never understood why it had to get worse over time and they never cared to even fix the websites flaws.

The terrible garbage YouTube video recommendations that they like to force on people.

1.Modern Saturday Night Live

2.Try not to Laugh

3.Mr.Bean

4.Watchmojo.com

5.The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

6.Peppa Pig

7.America's Got Talent

There comes a point when a website must revamp entirely to get rid of all of the infamous mistakes.

jaden_2.0
"Not interested" is your friend.

Klaw
Jimmy Fallon is trash.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by robotflug
Google has caused so much problems with Youtube over the years like removing private massages, giving the website a crappy search engine that always loops and forced video recommendations. I've never understood why it had to get worse over time and they never cared to even fix the websites flaws.

The terrible garbage YouTube video recommendations that they like to force on people.

2.Try not to Laugh

3.Mr.Bean

4.Watchmojo.com

6.Peppa Pig

7.America's Got Talent

There comes a point when a website must revamp entirely to get rid of all of the infamous mistakes. Obvious sock account is obvious. Hi Eon, probably.Originally posted by Klaw
Jimmy Fallon is trash. Hi Eon definately

samhain

2.Try not to Laugh

3.Mr.Bean

4.Watchmojo.com

6.Peppa Pig

7.America's Got Talent

There comes a point when a website must revamp entirely to get rid of all of the infamous mistakes.

It must be something to do with your settings, I never get any of that stuff recommended to me, as soon as I get onto Youtube it brings up the stuff it knows I'll watch, it'd be nice if it didn't recommend videos that I already watched like a year ago though.

Blakemore
Mr bean, hehe

StiltmanFTW
Youtube *has* become very awful, I don't think there is anyone here disagreeing with that.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by samhain
It must be something to do with your settings, I never get any of that stuff recommended to me, as soon as I get onto Youtube it brings up the stuff it knows I'll watch, it'd be nice if it didn't recommend videos that I already watched like a year ago though.

Hi, Whirly.

samhain
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Hi, Whirly.

How about myself and Whirly post at exactly the same time then?

samhain
Will you and your 'non-socks' do the same?

shiv
If you're using a browser:

Private Browsing + Cookies Disabled + Set Browser to clear all data on Exit

If using the app. Have you tried incognito and going into settings and turning off Watch History and save Search history.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by shiv

If using the app. Have you tried incognito and going into settings and turning off Watch History and save Search history. what would anyone use such high level IT skills for? This sounds amazing! shiftyOriginally posted by samhain
Will you and your 'non-socks' do the same? not really an excuse for me Sam, you can actually run multiple socks off one device with multiple ips on the same browser. I wouldn't recommend Shiv's system for that Eon or Fly certainly know how.

Klaw
Originally posted by shiv

If using the app. Have you tried incognito and going into settings and turning off Watch History and save Search history.

Very informative!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Klaw
Very informative! roll eyes (sarcastic) that was actually pretty funny Eon thumb up

samhain
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
not really an excuse for me Sam, you can actually run multiple socks off one device with multiple ips on the same browser. I wouldn't recommend Shiv's system for that Eon or Fly certainly know how.

Ah right. TBF I imagine Eon's plan is to periodically accuse various posters of being socks of yours, essentially a 'no you' that just takes more time and effort on Eon's part.

shiv
I don't use the built in Chrome app.

It feasts on memory and battery life with all of it's tied into other apps functions.

And it is less customizable than Mozilla for Android. or Mozilla and Opera for desktops and notebooks.

Old Man Whirly!
Ah right. TBF I imagine Eon's plan is to periodically accuse various posters of being socks of yours, essentially a 'no you' that just takes more time and effort on Eon's part. Indeed, the sockinghere over the decades has at times been far more extreme. I and another guy once cause Raz to actually stop new accounts for more than six months. We had a war using activation codes and pretty much were making as many docks at once as we wanted. You can't do that now...

samhain
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Indeed, the sockinghere over the decades has at times been far more extreme. I and another guy once cause Raz to actually stop new accounts for more than six months. We had a war using activation codes and pretty much were making as many docks at once as we wanted. You can't do that now...

I've heard the legends the old timers tell.

Eon Blue
Ah right. TBF I imagine Eon's plan is to periodically accuse various posters of being socks of yours, essentially a 'no you' that just takes more time and effort on Eon's part.

Nice try, Whirly.

cdtm

2.Try not to Laugh

3.Mr.Bean

4.Watchmojo.com

6.Peppa Pig

7.America's Got Talent

I keep getting CNN, Guardian, and Washington Post recommendations. Like the complete opposite of my viewing history.

Blakemore

Klaw
If you use Youtube Vanced on Android, or uBlock Origin on PC; there are no ads.

robotflug
Originally posted by Klaw
If you use Youtube Vanced on Android, or uBlock Origin on PC; there are no ads.

I have none of those features to use as I refuse to be a member of modern Youtube.

roughrider

2.Try not to Laugh

3.Mr.Bean

4.Watchmojo.com

6.Peppa Pig

7.America's Got Talent

I never get any recommendations like that. Every one I get is based on my search and watch history.

robotflug
Originally posted by roughrider
I never get any recommendations like that. Every one I get is based on my search and watch history.

It sucks getting forced recommendations because its crap I do not care about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.