Will Stronghold (Sky High) vs Homelander (The Boys)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Will Stronghold from the movie "Sky High" (after unlocking flight) takes on Homelander from "The Boys" show.

Battle takes place in an open field.

1. Straight slug-fest/fist-fight.

2. All-out, anything goes, all powers can be used.

No outside help from either rounds.

Who wins?

If it's a stomp in Homelander's favor, give him "Royal Pain" as back-up. If it's a stomp in Will's favor, give him Black Noir (show) as back-up.

TheVaultDweller
It's funny. I can definitely remember that Will had super strength and flight, but I literally can't recall a single one of his feats.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's funny. I can definitely remember that Will had super strength and flight, but I literally can't recall a single one of his feats.

DHCgVF07T-4

Jmanghan
It's funny. I can definitely remember that Will had super strength and flight, but I literally can't recall a single one of his feats. I think his durability may be (one of) the reasons he loses here, Layla and Royal Pain were sure he was dead after he fell out the window, and while surviving that fall is impressive for a human... for a superhuman, or, in Will's case, Superhero, dying from a fall like that is kind of ridiculous.

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I think his durability may be (one of) the reasons he loses here, Layla and Royal Pain were sure he was dead after he fell out the window, and while surviving that fall is impressive for a human... for a superhuman, or, in Will's case, Superhero, dying from a fall like that is kind of ridiculous.

Nobody knew exactly how strong or tough he was, just that he had super strength and durability because nothing there was an actual challenge for him. And if the scene you're talking about is when he got tossed/blasted out of Sky High by Royal Pain's electric punch before it fell and he flew back up to flex and realized he could fly for the firs time, then he would've fallen several miles to Earth as Sky High is above several layers of clouds. People who knew nothing about him thinking he died from falling from near orbit makes perfect sense.

Earlier in the movie when he gave his dad a hug and actually hurt him enough that he screamed in pain and we heard his spine and ribs beginning to crack, and he said "You ARE strong!!" it appeared that his powers were essentially on par with his parents, but as he was a teenager who just got them he wasn't as experienced. And Commander is immensely more physically powerful than Homelander. Also Will held up the entirety of Sky High which is basically a school campus on an island, filled to the brim with machinery. Then flew it all the way back above the clouds. That's a better feat than anything Homelander has done that I can remember. He wasn't even confident he could stop a plane.

TheVaultDweller
To be fair, Homelander didn't think he could stop the plane due to the physics of it, because he'd push through the area of the plane he was holding. Not due to a lack of strength on his part.

That being said, the best actual strength estimate we can get from him is scaling off A-Train, who could pull a train, because it's reasonable to assume Homelander is stronger than A-Train. But yeah, that should be well below what Will does in that clip.

Jmanghan
How is Homelander in the durability department? Since we're in agreement that Will is indeed stronger, how will Homelander handle Will's punches?

TheVaultDweller
Well, there is that one statement about him taking everything the army could throw at him, or something along those lines. But it's too vague IMO. Even if we take it to the extreme and assume they included nukes, we still don't have enough to go on. For example, if Homelander did survive a nuke, what was the yield? Was it a direct hit or just a nearby impact? Was he totally fine or incapacitated to some degree? Without info like that the statement is basically worthless other than sounding cool.

In terms of onscreen feats, he had that portion of tunnel and stuff collapse on him which he survived, but it took him several minutes to get free. And, again, we don't see what happens to him. He could have been KO'd, woke up 5 minutes later and immediately busted free. Or he could have been conscious throughout but taken the entire time period to free himself. Either way, not exactly the best showing for him.

IIRC, the only punches we've seen him take from another super was from Stormfront, but she's nowhere near as strong as Will is.

On a somewhat related note, that lifting feat from Will is also a durability feat. Because his body needs to be both strong enough to perform the feat and tough enough to do so without injuring himself. Like it's pointless if your muscles are strong enough to do something but your bones, joints, ligaments etc. shatter or tear apart when you do it.

KingD19
Not only is it a strength and durability feat, but it's magnified even more when you consider not only did he support the weight of Sky High, he caught it and held it as it fell, so the weight would be substantially higher considering gravity and it's downward momentum would've essentially turned it into a Mini-Sokovia.

Jmanghan
IIRC, the hamster girl turned the gravity-defying back on?

Just watched the scene and... yeah, she turned it on last-minute. It's still impressive, but he was aided by the gravity-defying device.

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan
IIRC, the hamster girl turned the gravity-defying back on?

Just watched the scene and... yeah, she turned it on last-minute. It's still impressive, but he was aided by the gravity-defying device.

Yeah she turned it back on, but it's momentum from falling several miles was still pushing it down and there's no way without Will that it wouldn't have crashed into the ground below. It was moving too fast to stop in time without him holding it up. We even see him strain from the weight.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah she turned it back on, but it's momentum from falling several miles was still pushing it down and there's no way without Will that it wouldn't have crashed into the ground below. It was moving too fast to stop in time without him holding it up. We even see him strain from the weight. No, I get that. I'm just saying it's not nearly as impressive as stopping it without the gravity thing turned on.

Still impressive though and better than any strength feat that Homelander has.

On the other hand for round 2, Homelander has stuff like heat vision, which can kill Will if it hits, especially if his fights with Warren have anything to say about it. If Will gets his hands on him and Homelander decides to beam him in the face, it will absolutely kill Will.

riv6672

ShadowFyre
That flying city was impressive until y'all told me about the gravity shenanigans

riv6672

Robtard

^This

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.