How likely is the next "Great Depression" in the US and Europe going to be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
* Just to be clear, "Great Depression" is used here as a synomym for a massive enonomic crisis.
* Also, I mean in a forseeable future, so let's say this decade.

Do you guys think there are any signs of one of such economic calamity approaching? How drastic it could get?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Stigma
* Just to be clear, "Great Depression" is used here as a synomym for a massive enonomic crisis.
* Also, I mean in a forseeable future, so let's say this decade.

Do you guys think there are any signs of one of such economic calamity approaching? How drastic it could get? very likely /end thread

Blakemore

Stigma
I think the last big crisis was back in 2008, but even that one was a far cry from the "orignal" Great Depression. But yeah, one might say we are overdue for the next one.

Stigma

Klaw
China isn't going to nuke the U.S.

They get too much money and business from them.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Stigma
Originally posted by Klaw
China isn't going to nuke the U.S.

They get too much money and business from them.
I agree. I was being a bit facetious. What I mean is that China has been on the rise and they American empire seems to slowly crumble down.

China is all about business and they have made themselves central to the world economy, possibly to a degree that is not yet fully appreciated by us.

Blakemore
So we jo and shoot at China and China is like shit who is shooting at s, fire misses,

Eon Blue

BackFire
Well obviously it will happen, the question is when. I think either very soon, like by the end of the year, or not for several years. I think once Covid is well and truly dealt with we're going to basically have the roaring 20's for a while.

Blakemore
Charlie bit me, ow Charlie.Originally posted by BackFire
Well obviously it will happen, the question is when. I think either very soon, like by the end of the year, or not for several years. I think once Covid is well and truly dealt with we're going to basically have the roaring 20's for a while.

jaden_2.0
It'll happen, as it always does, when the rich decide they aren't getting richer fast enough and need to do another wealth grab.

Want proof? In 2020, when the entire world was in crippling recession due to covid and people were losing their jobs by the millions across the world. Only 1 out of the top 100 richest people on the planet lost money and that was a Hong Kong billionaire who had his assets taken by the Chinese government.

The top 250 richest people increased their combined wealth from $8 trillion to over $20 trillion.

Recessions and depressions are now just another wealth transfer mechanism.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It'll happen, as it always does, when the rich decide they aren't getting richer fast enough and need to do another wealth grab.

Want proof? In 2020, when the entire world was in crippling recession due to covid and people were losing their jobs by the millions across the world. Only 1 out of the top 100 richest people on the planet lost money and that was a Hong Kong billionaire who had his assets taken by the Chinese government.

The top 250 richest people increased their combined wealth from $8 trillion to over $20 trillion.

Recessions and depressions are now just another wealth transfer mechanism. thumb up Spot on!

Eon Blue

Recessions and depressions are now just another wealth transfer mechanism. bingo!

carthage
After the mess our economy took during the Covid pandemic, its probably a matter of time before another massive economic meltdown

Stigma

Recessions and depressions are now just another wealth transfer mechanism.
Agreed. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.