Was Afghanistan all for nothing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
It's frustrating to watch the country being slowly retaken by the vile Taliban, after nearly 20 years of Western forces trying to fix and modernize that place. They have just been waiting for us to leave all this time, and the new government still can't handle the place on their own.

Thoughts?

Bashar Teg
occupying that country has historically been proven to be a 10/10 waste of time, unfortunately

Darth Thor
Originally posted by roughrider
after nearly 20 years of Western forces trying to fix and modernize that place.

This right here was the problem.

You cant go in with guns and air strikes claiming you know whats better for them.

The reason the Taliban are taking over so easily is because they have mass support behind them.

roughrider
I never agreed with the invasion of Iraq in 2003 - because of the big lies behind it - but after 9/11 taking down Afghanistan seemed like the right thing to do, what with the terrorist's being based there and the Taliban being unwilling to turn them over. It was only then I learned how wretched and backward Taliban rule was. Maybe I was influenced by the heat and emotion of the times...

Afghanistan and Somalia have competed for Worst Place On The Planet for almost the same amount of time. Somalia has made a bit of progress only with the African Union sending their own troops in. But who in the region cares enough to send their troops in there to fix the place? Pakistan? They've never fully gotten out of their ties with the Taliban, four decades on.

What is the goal now? Isolate them like North Korea until they finally give in?

North Korea only exists because China props them up.

carthage
Cut our losses and move on its a waste of our troops lives and billions of dollars.

Blakemore
Taliban going to own all the opium again lol

jaden_2.0
Got some good movies out of all that death. Definitely worth it.

Darth Thor
but after 9/11 taking down Afghanistan seemed like the right thing to do, what with the terrorist's being based there and the Taliban being unwilling to turn them over.

Firstly thats not entirely accurate. The Taliban offered to send them to a neutral Muslim country for a fair trial.

Second, invading such a poor and already war torn country was nothing short of terrorism itself, no matter the justification.

I mean its not like Afghanistan invaded America. Even the idea of that is laughable.

Stigma
Basically yes, a waste from today's perspective. Also a potential China win.

cdtm
It's frustrating to watch the country being slowly retaken by the vile Taliban, after nearly 20 years of Western forces trying to fix and modernize that place. They have just been waiting for us to leave all this time, and the new government still can't handle the place on their own.

Thoughts?

Like the man said, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

The US showed them freedom, but they chose terrorism.

Old Man Whirly!

Thoughts? I've been there, some of those close to me have been there. It is complicated.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I've been there, some of those close to me have been there. It is complicated.

Ah, so you ARE a terrorist after all.

I know full well how the failure of communism tortures radicals. Your side lost, time to accept it.

Blakemore
Clinton bombed Sudan and Somalia so Al Qadda moved to Afghanistan, but, then they went to Pakistan, oh, they have like 1 nuke.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm

I know full well how the failure of communism tortures radicals. Your side lost, time to accept it. dur

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
Clinton bombed Sudan and Somalia so Al Qadda moved to Afghanistan, but, then they went to Pakistan, oh, they have like 1 nuke. Pakistan have 160 warheads approximately and around 30 to 50 ICBMs that are serviceable.

Blakemore
Well Obama managed it.

Nuke Nixon
Wasn't for nothing, the military got to practice war, private contractors got some coin, business interests came in and got their piece, CIA got some sweet opium to fund their dirty ops, always going to be male refugee immigrants going to western Europe for some reason, civilian contractors came in a built some stuff pretty sure they got some sweet kickbacks. War is profit.

Blakemore
We must nuke nuke nixon for practice

Eon Blue

Klaw

I know full well how the failure of communism tortures radicals. Your side lost, time to accept it.

Communism has failed every time its been tried.

Bashar Teg

rudester
Afghanistan use to have royalty but were dethroned by own Afghan opposition party, who thought it would be best to dismantle the regime.

I believe one of the last princesses died in New York, some time ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/afghan-princess-faces-eviction-from-manhattan-apartment-20140805-100fr9.html

rudester
Let's just cut to the cake, the leaders of the world want chaos in certain countries to steal valuable resources, from gold to oil, to anything of value.

America and Canada and Russia, China, etcetera all have an interest in oil rich countries and like to say they are being humanitarian by invading their country, and some of that might be true but in reality it cost billions to send troops to these foreign countries and to waste artillery, and do you think it's all for the kindness of their hearts? No! It's to gain wealth and to dominate resources.

Who knows what the Taliban represents to the Afghan people? Maybe they are heroes to them? But nevertheless they are their own people and people should be asking themselves why so much interest in one country?

Why not use the military to help the continent of Africa? And help South America, with all the immigrants in Venezuela or in Nicaragua going everywhere? Why aren't our troops going there?

Eon Blue

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by rudester
Let's just cut to the cake, the leaders of the world want chaos in certain countries to steal valuable resources, from gold to oil, to anything of value.

America and Canada and Russia, China, etcetera all have an interest in oil rich countries and like to say they are being humanitarian by invading their country, and some of that might be true but in reality it cost billions to send troops to these foreign countries and to waste artillery, and do you think it's all for the kindness of their hearts? No! It's to gain wealth and to dominate resources.

Who knows what the Taliban represents to the Afghan people? Maybe they are heroes to them? But nevertheless they are their own people and people should be asking themselves why so much interest in one country?

Why not use the military to help the continent of Africa? And help South America, with all the immigrants in Venezuela or in Nicaragua going everywhere? Why aren't our troops going there? ericaceous troops are in North nigeria now.

Blakemore
ericaceous troops are in North nigeria now. better contact Olly North!

Darth Thor

Bashar Teg

Klaw

cdtm
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
okay, eon durcry

Nazi's are evil.

okay, eon durcry

Even the American left refuses to openly support Communism, you commie.

Bashar Teg
okay, eon. get a job, worthless bum. durwank

...and while you're there, pick up an application for your pet retatrd cdtm

Blakemore

Klaw
I think the Western world should spend another 20 years, trillions of dollars and thousands of troops to occupy Afghanistan.

That'll work, right?

Blakemore
Originally posted by Klaw
I think the Western world should spend another 20 years, trillions of dollars and thousands of troops to occupy Afghanistan.

That'll work, right? Wasnt that Bush fault?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Wasn't for nothing, the military got to practice war, private contractors got some coin, business interests came in and got their piece, CIA got some sweet opium to fund their dirty ops, always going to be male refugee immigrants going to western Europe for some reason, civilian contractors came in a built some stuff pretty sure they got some sweet kickbacks. War is profit.
We have a winner!

The West never wanted to "fix" anything, and it's naive to think western nations invaded Afghanistan for anything other than, basically, money. And of course, having a nice place to wage their proxy wars against each other.

No one was spreading "freedom", cdtm. What the actual **** world are you living in? laughing out loud

We've known this was a needless engagement for at least 15 years. Lockheed Martin needs to sell bombs though, as having them used on
Yemeni school buses full of children only buys a couple vacation homes.

Klaw
Wasnt that Bush fault?

Both Republicans and Democrats faults.

Darth Thor
Both Republicans and Democrats faults.

Thats true. Biden supported invading both Afghanistan and Iraq.

But at least hes had the balls to finally pull out of one.

snowdragon
It seems to me this is a situation that is very complicated and at the end of the day we have ALOT of blood on our hands regardless of the outcome.

Blakemore
Both Republicans and Democrats faults. and Halliburton

Klaw
Originally posted by snowdragon
It seems to me this is a situation that is very complicated and at the end of the day we have ALOT of blood on our hands regardless of the outcome.

Not that complicated I think.

Don't invade other countries and ruin them for money.

Klaw
Imagine how much money the Military Industrial Complex made off of this, all while people died and had their country destroyed.

And all the campaign contributions made to American politicians.

No wonder the world looks down on U.S. foreign policy.

Eon Blue

Old Man Whirly!

Eon Blue
hi Klaw dur

hi Samhain. dur

Klaw
Sad to see 50 year olds going senile.

Eon Blue

Old Man Whirly!
Reeeeeeeee

Darth Thor

Bashar Teg
24/7 reeeee.

no life at all. what a pathetic existence.

Old Man Whirly!
3 posts in a minute.... rare.

Eon Blue
3 posts in a minute.... rare.

dur

BackFire

Old Man Whirly!

jaden_2.0
You two just lack imagination

https://c.tenor.com/0pUwUZiN0LQAAAAC/alien-sygourney-weaver.gif

Eon Blue
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You two just lack imagination

https://c.tenor.com/0pUwUZiN0LQAAAAC/alien-sygourney-weaver.gif

One hundred percent.

Newjak
I think Afghanistan will be all for nothing if we don't learn anything from it. There are lessons to be take from it.

America can not just will freedom through violence.

That the U.S. isn't bigger than the world and can't just run rough shot over everything without consequence.

That we need to think through things more than just going with blood lust or make believe 'common sense'.

That when you elect people simply because they say things you want to hear about being a patriot that doesn't qualify them to run a country and can lead to terrible things.

And most importantly that blind patriotism without questioning your country leads to this.

Klaw
I bet the U.S. hasn't learn from this, and will continue to invade countries.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Newjak
I think Afghanistan will be all for nothing if we don't learn anything from it. There are lessons to be take from it.

America can not just will freedom through violence.

That the U.S. isn't bigger than the world and can't just run rough shot over everything without consequence.

That we need to think through things more than just going with blood lust or make believe 'common sense'.

That when you elect people simply because they say things you want to hear about being a patriot that doesn't qualify them to run a country and can lead to terrible things.

And most importantly that blind patriotism without questioning your country leads to this.

thumb up

The whole bringing freedom and the American way to people by invading them is just facepalm

Blakemore

Darth Thor

Blakemore

Impediment
Stop the name calling sock accusations back & forth, everyone.

Stick the the topic.

Old Man Whirly!
The big worry for me is, this will be the start of the next refugee crisis. Trust me, it's coming.

Blakemore
Another Arab spring? Oh fk no

Old Man Whirly!
Another Arab spring? Oh fk no this is going to be different. Who would want to live under ISIS light? And what will a legitimised ISIS lite do with a recognised sovereign government?

HulkIsHulk
The people in Afghanistan don't support the Taliban. Only the radicalized ones. Just recently female students had to burn their certificates so that they won't be shot dead fornhaving education.

Blakemore
So we must nuke China lol

Klaw
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The people in Afghanistan don't support the Taliban. Only the radicalized ones. Just recently female students had to burn their certificates so that they won't be shot dead fornhaving education.

Damn that's sad.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The people in Afghanistan don't support the Taliban. Only the radicalized ones. Just recently female students had to burn their certificates so that they won't be shot dead fornhaving education. Disagree, a large number do. Whether it's more than half I cannot say.

Blakemore
What is the religious stem from Islam in Central Asia that treats women as slaves?

Old Man Whirly!
What is the religious stem from Islam in Central Asia that treats women as slaves? https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/the-truth-about-muslims-and-sex-slavery-according-to-the-quran-rather-than-isis-or-islamophobes-a6875446.html

Blakemore
Okay, what about the Hadith?

Old Man Whirly!
Okay, what about the Hadith? https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/international-journal-of-middle-east-studies/article/concubinage-and-consent/F8E807073C33F403A91C1ACA0CFA47FD

samhain
Originally posted by Eon Blue
hi Samhain. dur

Keep my name out of your skanky mouth.

Blakemore

Darth Thor
this is going to be different. Who would want to live under ISIS light? And what will a legitimised ISIS lite do with a recognised sovereign government?

Honestly I dont think they are anything like ISIS:

https://youtu.be/GaHz3nFvFZg

carthage
https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-government-and-politics-afghanistan-fa042223d4943191910963026f2c2123

Cost of the war will be 6.5 trillion due to debt by 2050. Bush, Obama, and the neocons long dead but they'll happily past the cost to future generations. We should've gotten out sooner.

Blakemore

Robtard
The Right is already spinning that Biden is abandoning Afghanistan to the Taliban, previously it was Biden the warmonger who wouldn't pull out. smile

Bashar Teg
we're supposed to forget that it was trump who ordered the withdrawal and negotiated with the taliban, leaving the afghan government out of the loop. we're also supposed to pretend that it's not precisely what the right wanted. what was supposed to happen differently? in which parallel universe do the taliban take their time strolling in, and the population is all cool with it and not terrified and under threat?

Robtard
we're supposed to forget that it was trump who ordered the withdrawal and negotiated with the taliban, leaving the afghan government out of the loop. we're also supposed to pretend that it's not precisely what the right wanted. what was supposed to happen differently? in which parallel universe do the taliban take their time strolling in, and the population is all cool with it and not terrified and under threat? 'The best deal with the Taliban.'

samhain
Make Afghanistan Great Again.

Old Man Whirly!
we're supposed to forget that it was trump who ordered the withdrawal and negotiated with the taliban, leaving the afghan government out of the loop. we're also supposed to pretend that it's not precisely what the right wanted. what was supposed to happen differently? in which parallel universe do the taliban take their time strolling in, and the population is all cool with it and not terrified and under threat? Nothing is forgotten, Nothing is ever forgotten.

cdtm
President Joe Biden could make many rational points, without invoking "America is not the world police" philosophy.

We were late to enter World War II because of such beliefs. How many paid with their lives?

I won't say withdrawing troops were right or wrong, I simply reject the notion human atrocities are a partisan issue, or something that needs justifying. You are obligated to help people in matters of life and death, this is basic human ethics.

Darth Thor
Trump has said Biden should resign in disgrace over the Afghanistan withdrawal.

But I thought Biden was the war monger ? And Trump the one who promised to get out of foreign countries ?

So confused.

roughrider
The lesson the U.S. and the United Nations forces learned from Somalia was that going in to try to stop a war of genocide wasn't a simple issue. Many in Somalia wanted peace, but not enough to share it with members of that other rival clan, over there. We couldn't believe that could be true, but it was.

20 years in Afghanistan, it seems we were no closer to understanding what so many want, the populace is so badly fractured. Billions of dollars and years of Western training, and so many of the soldiers decided in the end not to fight.

Our best hope is that this is Taliban lite, that they will pull back a bit on their religious severity. That's the image they're trying to project now. But that could be a foolish hope.

BackFire

ArtificialGlory
Jeez, I thought it would take the Afghan government at least a year to fold. Instead it took them a good week. Even I am amazed at the sheer uselessness and incompetence.

Senor Cage
@Backfire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZto99zFIoc

What do you think of Styx's opinion on Biden being at fault?

rudester
The question now is, what countries will support arms to Afghanistan?

rudester
The dancing boys must be working overtime tonight laughing

Darth Thor

Eon Blue
Originally posted by samhain
Keep my name out of your skanky mouth.

Hi, Whirly. smile

Blakemore

Blakemore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDc6hq-cPMk Interesting

No Bans

samhain

Darth Thor
Of course it has to do with Biden as he's the one whose withdrawn the troops.

As for Trump, he's involved himself into this.

roughrider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDc6hq-cPMk Interesting

Foolish drivel. Like Biden will resign over this, after just 7 months in office.

Darth Thor
GB News + Nigel Farage = IGNORE

Blakemore

Klaw
Taliban vow to honor women's rights but within Islamic law.

Womens' Rights, Islam.

Pick one.

Robtard
The Taliban can't be trusted, was stupid to make a deal with them back in early 2020

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
The Taliban can't be trusted, was stupid to make a deal with them back in early 2020

Agreed 100%.

cdtm
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Jeez, I thought it would take the Afghan government at least a year to fold. Instead it took them a good week. Even I am amazed at the sheer uselessness and incompetence.

20 years of preperation and training being this useless does seem ridiculous.

Both the US and UK claimed they were well equipped and well trained. So what happened?

Blakemore

Robtard
The Afghan army is about 190k strong, they could likely take the Taliban in a very bloody fight. There's infighting in the government though and some are sympathetic to the Taliban.

Blakemore

Darth Thor

Both the US and UK claimed they were well equipped and well trained. So what happened?

LMAO It's the Taliban we've ended up arming. Nice use of taxpayer money.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Darth Thor
LMAO It's the Taliban we've ended up arming. Nice use of taxpayer money.

Not for the first time either.

ArtificialGlory

Womens' Rights, Islam.

Pick one.
Oh sweet baby Jesus...

DarthAloysius

Both the US and UK claimed they were well equipped and well trained. So what happened? Seems like they lied.

Makes you wonder where all that money really went.

Blakemore

cdtm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TxiujwnInDY

Good arguement. Biden had to weight the costs of doing nothing against a pullout.

Just like President Donald Trump had to weigh the costs of overreacting to Covid-19 when it was in early stages, as he had no way to know it would be worse than previous pandemics.

Robtard
https://i.imgur.com/WBZ7oak.png

^Our GOP/Rightist support 5, if not all 6 of those agendas in America.

Blakemore
Religion taught in schools would mean they are schools. Lol

Robtard
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TxiujwnInDY

Good arguement. Biden had to weight the costs of doing nothing against a pullout.

Just like President Donald Trump had to weigh the costs of overreacting to Covid-19 when it was in early stages, as he had no way to know it would be worse than previous pandemics.

Umm, aside from all the dangerous downplaying, Trump didn't wear a mask until July 2020, that was at 7 months after covid-19 hit America and we had China as an example of how serious it was many month before that. But sure, let's just give your dorito a pass for a year+ of dangerous and reckless behavior.

Old Man Whirly!

^Our GOP/Rightist support 5, if not all 6 of those agendas in America. laughing out loud I know, when southern States criticise the UAE or Saudi, I giggle.

Adam_PoE

^Our GOP/Rightist support 5, if not all 6 of those agendas in America.

Charlie Kirk and Tucker Carlson recently acknowledge the same thing, suggesting that conservatives should side with terrorists over liberals. There is no bottom for these degenerates.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Charlie Kirk and Tucker Carlson recently acknowledge the same thing, suggesting that conservatives should side with terrorists over liberals. There is no bottom for these degenerates. link Adam please I need a sick giggle.

Robtard
RNC post on Trump peace deal with Taliban among pre-2021 items offline during site maintenance

A Republican National Committee (RNC) post touting the Trump administration's peace deal with the Taliban is offline, along with all posts before 2021, during what the RNC said is routine website maintenance.

Internet archive site Wayback Machine shows a Sept. 15, 2020, post praising former President Trump's "historic peace agreement with the Taliban." The post is no longer on the RNC site, nor are any posts from that section of the website before Jan. 1, 2021. -snip

The RNC removed all previous mentions and praises of Trump's deal with the Taliban in 2020 from their page. They claim it's just site maintenance and that the posts will be put back sometime before the end of the year.

One thing the RNC/GOP is consistently consistent at, is being shit-weasels without shame laughing out loud

Adam_PoE
link Adam please I need a sick giggle.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E88cv7LXEAATRnE.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E89Cxh-XEAA_14N.jpg

Carlson Praises Taliban for Rejecting "Gender Politics"

KirK: Biden Let the Taliban Win So He Can Bring In "a Couple Hundred Thousand More Ilhan Omars"

Old Man Whirly!

KirK: Biden Let the Taliban Win So He Can Bring In "a Couple Hundred Thousand More Ilhan Omars" laughcryperfect! thumb up
~

Darth Thor
KirK: Biden Let the Taliban Win So He Can Bring In "a Couple Hundred Thousand More Ilhan Omars"

What a f***ing douche

Darth Thor

Womens' Rights, Islam.

Pick one.

You should be praising them for not being woke.

Darth Thor
https://apple.news/ACMCrQQQUR3ip7xk3ihn5dw

^ These Talibans seem to be much more moderate than the ones from 20 years ago.

carthage

Klaw
You should be praising them for not being woke.

Good coping deflection.

Old Man Whirly!
Good coping deflection.

durwank

https://i.imgur.com/IlVkRh7.jpg

Darth Thor
laughing out loud

ArtificialGlory
That picture is so massive, I can literally see the sub-pixels of the screen it was taken on.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
That picture is so massive, I can literally see the sub-pixels of the screen it was taken on. my s21 has an excellent camera it seems laughing out loud

Voltron in da house! This is a pic of any three of them.

https://i.imgur.com/Fg6b5b8.jpg

Blakemore
Goddammit.

Robtard

And some Rightist denied that American Conservatives have a lot in common with Islamic extremist. laughing out loud

Blakemore
Depends on your opinion

Blakemore
WOx-80eZn_o Biden argument

Blakemore
Whirly you *******

Klaw
So MSNBC was doing their usual cucking for Biden, and they got called out on their own network by one of their interviewees. laughing

Source.

Klaw
https://i.imgur.com/hTOBc3C.png

Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/hTOBc3C.png durwank

Klaw
I was watching this video and the guest was calling out Biden and he said Biden was the worst President in the history of the world.

Thought it was good.

Old Man Whirly!
I was watching this video and the guest was calling out Biden and he said Biden was the worst President in the history of the world.

Thought it was good. BDS laughing out loud

Klaw
Sa Ra Garvey speaks the truth.

Robtard
BDS laughing out loud

It's the big new spin now, every Trumper Rightist that praised Trump for making a deal with the Taliban in 2020 and vowing to fully withdrawal the US, is now saying it's all Biden's terrible idea. Mitch McConnell did it yesterday.

Granted, Biden is ultimately responsible as he's the sitting President, even though the US should withdrawal, 20+ years is enough, but these Rightist are laughable shit-weasels.

Old Man Whirly!
It's the big new spin now, every Trumper Rightist that praised Trump for making a deal with the Taliban in 2020 and vowing to fully withdrawal the US, is now saying it's all Biden's terrible idea. Mitch McConnell did it yesterday.

Granted, Biden is ultimately responsible as he's the sitting President, even though the US should withdrawal, 20+ years is enough, but these Rightist are laughable shit-weasels. Yes they are, someone close to me is very down about this after two tours in helmand. At the same time he is smart enough to belive we should never have been there. The last part of his services indoctrination is falling apart which I am pleased about. smile

Blakemore
WOx-80eZn_o Biden argument

Darth Thor
Yes they are, someone close to me is very down about this after two tours in helmand. At the same time he is smart enough to belive we should never have been there. The last part of his services indoctrination is falling apart which I am pleased about.

You see I dont get everyone is so depressed over this yet no ones depressed over Saudi Arabia being such a close ally. When they also force women to cover and have public executions.

And on top, all the 9/11 attackers were Saudi and not Talibans lol

Blakemore
All of them?

Old Man Whirly!
You see I dont get everyone is so depressed over this yet no ones depressed over Saudi Arabia being such a close ally. When they also force women to cover and have public executions.

And on top, all the 9/11 attackers were Saudi and not Talibans lol Saudi's and Egyptians. I've lived in both countries and rarely had problem. If you are on decent wages Saudi is easier and safer to live in than anywhere in the world. I was on cordoba compound which is like an apartment at a 5 star hotel.

Blakemore
It was Bin Laden. We killed him. Thanks Obama.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>