Netflix MCU vs Tropper/Cinemax Warrior and Banshee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Iron Fist
Daredevil
Castle
Kingpin
Bullseye

Vs

Ah Sahm
Chatum
Star/the man with no name
Leary
Li Yung

Old Man Whirly!
Please move to vs Imp thanks

Jmanghan
Who are these people from Banshee?...

Is Chatum supposed to be Chayton? He's kind of hard to quantify, sometimes he has near superhuman stats, other times he's not even peak human.

DareDevil and Iron Fist clean house.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Who are these people from Banshee?...

Is Chatum supposed to be Chayton? He's kind of hard to quantify, sometimes he has near superhuman stats, other times he's not even peak human.

DareDevil and Iron Fist clean house. what have dd and iron fist done Ah Sahm and Li Yung haven't done, beyond the Iron Fist itself? And Yes, Chayton at his best.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
what have dd and iron fist done Ah Sahm and Li Yung haven't done, beyond the Iron Fist itself? And Yes, Chayton at his best. Well if those other guys are on the same level as Chayton then they get beaten even quicker, Iron Fist isn't needed. I admit I know next to nothing about "Warrior", but Iron Fist beats up highly trained Ninjas while outnumbered, and DareDevil is a bullet-timer.

Chayton is impressive but it's the fact that he did worse against Hood with each subsequent encounter.

In their first fight he beat the living shit out of Hood and his entire police squad. The tent fight was very similar but Hood did ever-so-slightly better, the fight in the fight club or whatever it was relatively even but I'd say Chayton did a bit better.

In their last fight they were kinda even, but I'd argue Hood had his number there even if Brock hadn't walked in. Hood had him cornered and had gotten the knife, he was gonna win. This is more embarrassing for Chayton when you consider that he ambushed Hood while he was asleep while armed. Then you consider Hood was likely drowsy, although shit like that rarely factors into fights in Banshee so it hardly matters.

That's not to say it'd be embarrassing to lose to Hood in a general sense, he's a great fighter with some decent skill and incredible damage soak, but he'd get destroyed by almost anyone on Team One.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Well if those other guys are on the same level as Chayton then they get beaten even quicker, Iron Fist isn't needed. I admit I know next to nothing about "Warrior", but Iron Fist beats up highly trained Ninjas while outnumbered, and DareDevil is a bullet-timer.

Chayton is impressive but it's the fact that he did worse against Hood with each subsequent encounter.

In their first fight he beat the living shit out of Hood and his entire police squad. The tent fight was very similar but Hood did ever-so-slightly better, the fight in the fight club or whatever it was relatively even but I'd say Chayton did a bit better.

In their last fight they were kinda even, but I'd argue Hood had his number there even if Brock hadn't walked in. Hood had him cornered and had gotten the knife, he was gonna win. This is more embarrassing for Chayton when you consider that he ambushed Hood while he was asleep while armed. Then you consider Hood was likely drowsy, although shit like that rarely factors into fights in Banshee so it hardly matters.

That's not to say it'd be embarrassing to lose to Hood in a general sense, he's a great fighter with some decent skill and incredible damage soak, but he'd get destroyed by almost anyone on Team One. Ah Sahm beats Chaytons regularly. Leary is Chayton + tbh. I'm going to disagree, I see Ah Sahm and Li yung as more skilful than any of them. All main characters in warrior have Hood's damage soak +. Watch it, you will love it Jman mate, best show since Banshee. Imagine Peaky Blinders with combat. It's ridiculous but awesome.

TheVaultDweller
Ah Sahm and Li Yong are basically the two best fighters in America in the setting of the show. In season 2, there's a tournament where all the best fighters from across the country participate and Ah Sahm beats the shit out of everyone he fights. And Li Yong is pretty much his equal (and a cooler character IMO, Ah Sahm is a d*ckhead).

Leary isn't quite on their level. He did give Ah Sahm a hell of a fight in S2, but there is context to it. Leary was fresh whereas Ah Sahm had not only essentially run an Irish gauntlet of dozens of men like two days earlier (and visibly still carried bruises/injuries from it), he also beat up like half a dozen of Leary's men before the latter even arrived for their fight.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Ah Sahm and Li Yong are basically the two best fighters in America in the setting of the show. In season 2, there's a tournament where all the best fighters from across the country participate and Ah Sahm beats the shit out of everyone he fights. And Li Yong is pretty much his equal (and a cooler character IMO, Ah Sahm is a d*ckhead).

Leary isn't quite on their level. He did give Ah Sahm a hell of a fight in S2, but there is context to it. Leary was fresh whereas Ah Sahm had not only essentially run an Irish gauntlet of dozens of men like two days earlier (and visibly still carried bruises/injuries from it), he also beat up like half a dozen of Leary's men before the latter even arrived for their fight. all three of them are borderline Superhuman, at least to Netflix MCU Street level imo VD, what do you think mate?

TheVaultDweller
all three of them are borderline Superhuman, at least to Netflix MCU Street level imo VD, what do you think mate?

Well, in terms of damage soak, they're definitely above realistic human level. The amount of heavy hits they can soak up and keep fighting would probably render a real-life human either comatose or dead. Their other stats are more peak human IMO, which is still pretty decent.

That being said, most of the Netflix Marvel guys also have superhuman damage soak. The weak link there is Bullseye though and, unfortunately, the Punisher to a degree. Bullseye's best H2H feat is beating up some fodder FBI agents (which pretty much everyone here could do), but even with the advantage of body armor he repeatedly got wrecked in H2H against an injured Daredevil and needed to use his aiming skill to gain the upper hand. Dex's H2H skill is shit for a main character.

And Frank, while having crazy damage soak, seems to get less and less skilled with every new appearance. In season 2 of his solo show he had trouble taking out a pair of cops IIRC, as well as a handful of Russian gangsters. In comparison, even S1 Daredevil stomped two cops in under 20 seconds with his hands cuffed and beat eight Russian gangsters while suffering from a concussion, multiple broken ribs and a large stab wound. Hell, even Trish was able to take out a pair of cops with minimal effort on S3 of JJ. So, the writers seemed to gimp Frank's H2H skill massively as time went by.

I could see either of those two running into serious trouble against any of the Warrior fighters. Fisk is also a bit of a one-trick pony, but by feats he's the physically strongest person in the thread, and Matt and Danny at their best can contend with outright superhumans like Black Sky (especially Daredevil). I haven't watched Banshee in ages though, or even any of the fights for that matter, so I can't remember how good they were relative to the other people here though.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, in terms of damage soak, they're definitely above realistic human level. The amount of heavy hits they can soak up and keep fighting would probably render a real-life human either comatose or dead. Their other stats are more peak human IMO, which is still pretty decent.

That being said, most of the Netflix Marvel guys also have superhuman damage soak. The weak link there is Bullseye though and, unfortunately, the Punisher to a degree. Bullseye's best H2H feat is beating up some fodder FBI agents (which pretty much everyone here could do), but even with the advantage of body armor he repeatedly got wrecked in H2H against an injured Daredevil and needed to use his aiming skill to gain the upper hand. Dex's H2H skill is shit for a main character.

And Frank, while having crazy damage soak, seems to get less and less skilled with every new appearance. In season 2 of his solo show he had trouble taking out a pair of cops IIRC, as well as a handful of Russian gangsters. In comparison, even S1 Daredevil stomped two cops in under 20 seconds with his hands cuffed and beat eight Russian gangsters while suffering from a concussion, multiple broken ribs and a large stab wound. Hell, even Trish was able to take out a pair of cops with minimal effort on S3 of JJ. So, the writers seemed to gimp Frank's H2H skill massively as time went by.

I could see either of those two running into serious trouble against any of the Warrior fighters. Fisk is also a bit of a one-trick pony, but by feats he's the physically strongest person in the thread, and Matt and Danny at their best can contend with outright superhumans like Black Sky (especially Daredevil). I haven't watched Banshee in ages though, or even any of the fights for that matter, so I can't remember how good they were relative to the other people here though. I'd say Chayton is Fisk really. Do you see any of them bearing Ah Sahm or Li Yung. To be honest Leary might be as strong as Fisk he was ridiculous. I think his heart is damaged now.

TheVaultDweller
I'd say Chayton is Fisk really. Do you see any of them bearing Ah Sahm or Li Yung. To be honest Leary might be as strong as Fisk he was ridiculous. I think his heart is damaged now.

Matt or Danny at their best could, IMO, but it would be very tough fights. Warrior has faster and more polished choreography, especially compared to IF, but going by in-universe scaling Matt and Danny are extremely skilled. They've both held their own against martial artists who literally have centuries worth of training and experience.

The problem with Daredevil in particular is he's virtually always injured to some degree. In S1 of DD he gets the concussion, broken ribs, and stab wound. Then just as he recovers from that he fights Nobu, who shreds him. In S2 he gets shot in the head (which despite his helmet clearly causes severe head trauma) in the first episode and then later in the season takes another heavy beating from Nobu as well as getting shot through the shoulder with a poisoned arrow. And, of course, end of Defenders/beginning of DD S3, he's trapped in the collapsing skyscraper. So, it can be hard to judge what his ultimate level is sometimes. Only in The Defenders does he remain injury-free up until the end and he's a beast there.

I don't think Leary is as strong as Fisk. Fisk's strength is virtually low superhuman by real-life standards. The guy's punched holes in walls, tosses grown men around like ragdolls and snapped the end of the chain on his restraints during the convoy ambush in DD S3. Leary is much faster than him though, a much better fighter (he's not as acrobatic as the others on Warrior but is clearly still very skilled and experienced) and might actually be tougher, seeing as people actually injure their hands by punching him in the head while he smiles at their efforts. Even Ah Sahm experienced pain the first time he punched Leary in the face.

But, in the context of the match, if team 2 can pick off the weak links on team 1 then all Ah Sahm and Li Yong have to do is occupy Matt and Danny for a bit, which they're more than capable of, and then they can gang up on them. Like I said, the comparatively low level of skill for Bullseye, Punisher (at least going by his solo show) and Kingpin handicaps team 1 IMO.

McNasty996
Is this fight HTH or does everyone get Standard equipment? And is this in a featureless environment or an office for instance?

For most it may not matter but for people like Bullseye it's a big deal as others have said he doesn't really have much in HTH but give him some Sharpened Pencils or Throwing Knives and he can get lethal quick(probably could've killed Fisk if he wasn't so focused on killing his girl so he was tossing stuff at Fisks armored Jacket)

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by McNasty996
Is this fight HTH or does everyone get Standard equipment? And is this in a featureless environment or an office for instance?

For most it may not matter but for people like Bullseye it's a big deal as others have said he doesn't really have much in HTH but give him some Sharpened Pencils or Throwing Knives and he can get lethal quick(probably could've killed Fisk if he wasn't so focused on killing his girl so he was tossing stuff at Fisks armored Jacket) Why not have 2 scenarios, standard gear and h2h so hood gets his pistol and shotgun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.