Thanos w. IG vs. Thanos w. THOTI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordGod
Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet - all canon feats and showings usable.

vs.

Thanos with THOTI (post retcon, so just a "fragment glimpse" of TOAA's power.)

Diesldude
Thanos THOTI.

LordGod
Reasons?

Diesldude
Thanos seeks power, gradually he obtained more and more.
First it was IG, then THOi and then TOAA himself.

This was a next step up.
IG is still below LT but LT is below THOI.

Galan007
Hard to say.

The only thing THOTI has on the IG is defeating/absorbing LT with minimum difficulty. However, the IG was able to stalemate God Doom for a prolonged period of time... And I'd certainly like to think God Doom >> LT. So I dunno.

If THOTI wins, I don't think it would be a lopsided victory by any stretch. More likely it would be due to a battle of attrition. /shrug

Galan007
Originally posted by Diesldude
Thanos seeks power, gradually he obtained more and more.
First it was IG, then THOi and then TOAA himself.

This was a next step up.
IG is still below LT but LT is below THOI. When Thanos commented on his experiences with the IG and THOTI, he didn't make any distinction in power between them. He simply noted that the IG was of external control, while THOTI was not:
https://ibb.co/dMKX48m
...But Thanos would soon come to discover that THOTI was indeed of external control, which makes his aforementioned 'distinction' meaningless.

Anywho, THOTI's showing against LT is the only thing it has on the IG, in terms of feats... So it really depends how you think God Doom compares to LT, as the IG was able to stalemate God Doom for quite a while. /shrug

celeyhyga17
thumb up

LordGod
Evidence for God Doom being above LT?

Also what does Thanos mean by "external" control in that scene? Like someone is above the IG that controls it or something?

Galan007
Originally posted by LordGod
Evidence for God Doom being above LT? I mean... I'd certainly like to think that God Doom was channeling more than just the power of three Beyonders. /shrug

...But there are other things. Namely the fact that God Doom eventually beat the IG by force after a prolonged battle. Flip side, LT was unsure if he even had enough power to take the IG from Warlock by force... And that was when LT was in full "representative of TOAA" mode.

Originally posted by LordGod
Also what does Thanos mean by "external" control in that scene? Like someone is above the IG that controls it or something? I took it more literally.

The IG is literally just a collection of 6 individual stones glued to a glove that you wear on your hand. The glove just needs to be taken/removed, and *poof*, you're powerless.

Conversely, THOTI was bonded/fused to Thanos' very being.

cdtm
Pretty much.

The six gems bonded together also seem greatly magnified individually than separated. I bring that point because people often diminished Doctor Strange standing against each stone from Adam Warlock, as if to say it was equivilent to standing up to each individual stone seperated from the gauntlet.

I see it differently. First of all, I doubt anyone really uses ALL the stones as a monolithic artifact when operating the gauntlet. You access the individual Time Gem to alter time, the Reality gem to alter reality, but each gem is still performing a specific function.

Of course, in theory one can access all functions at the same time. But no one has ever done this in comics.. Celestials get blown away strictly with the Power Gem, for example.

Diesldude

"Id"
The infinity THOT for the win. peaches

MrMind
Originally posted by "Id"

thumb up

Galan007

Diesldude
Originally posted by Galan007
He made no distinction in power between them, though. He just noted that the IG was of external control while THOTI was not.

That said, I don't have a problem with THOTI being superior to the IG... But I do think they are relatively close in power, all things considered. /shrug thumb up

Klaw
Thanos never fought God Doom with the IG, so that comparison isn't valid since we don't share feats.

Having said that, based on feats when Thanos had both; THOTI wins.

Galan007
I'm fairly confident that anything T'Challa can do with the IG immediately after obtaining it, Thanos could also duplicate.

That said, I was under the impression that all IG showings were usable here. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by "Id"

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
T'Challa is black, Thanos is purple.

Black > all colors

Blacked IG > regular IG

You lose, Galan.

Sin I AM
Thanos properly amped vs God Doom would be interesting to see

StiltmanFTW
Meh, these "uber-omnipotent" fights are lazily written and very random.

zopzop
Thanos w. THOTI all day, every day and it wouldn't be a fight. Hickman's Beyonders were a joke so BP with the IG holding his own in a fight with "God" Doom isn't impressive at all.

StiltmanFTW
Why we're calling it thoti now and not thotu?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.