Is MCU Bucky's vibranium arm weaker than the original titanium one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HulkIsHulk
After binging FN&WS, it looks considerably weaker to me.

P. S. Also, the Wakandans didn't even bother to counter the taser weakness

TheVaultDweller
Hard to say, because his feat of smacking clean through several inches of solid metal is actually better than any of his feats with the titanium arm, if we go by the real-world strength of the material and how much force would be needed to do so. But on the whole the vibranium arm it didn't seem all that much stronger than his flesh arm. So, it's not very consistent.

But the show was extremely bad at depicting consistent power and skill levels among the characters in general. It's one of my major gripes with it. Loki's solo show has a similar problem to a degree, with Loki's power level, both physically and magically, being all over the place, especially if we also factor in film showings.

HulkIsHulk
Loki was real dumb. Not only did Loki drop in more powers that would 've been bery useful in the movies, hebuses them once and then its gone

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, it was annoying. Uses magic bolts twice in one episode and never again. Catches a building with telekinesis but his most effective use of it in a fight is pulling back Sylvie like three feet. Can apparently teleport several feet at a time, but only uses it twice. And all those powers would also have been super handy at various points in the films.

And physically he seemed super weak compared to how he was in the films. Struggles with some enchanted human with zero fighting skill, has to work to beat some fodder TVA agents who are apparently human variants etc. where in the movies he can keep up with an albeit holding back Thor, give Valkyrie a decent fight, stomp multiple Dark Elves in CQC and clown Captain America. It's almost like the writers at times forgot that he also has superhuman stats along with his magic.

riv6672
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
After binging FN&WS, it looks considerably weaker to me.

No idea.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, it was annoying. Uses magic bolts twice in one episode and never again. Catches a building with telekinesis but his most effective use of it in a fight is pulling back Sylvie like three feet. Can apparently teleport several feet at a time, but only uses it twice. And all those powers would also have been super handy at various points in the films.

And physically he seemed super weak compared to how he was in the films. Struggles with some enchanted human with zero fighting skill, has to work to beat some fodder TVA agents who are apparently human variants etc. where in the movies he can keep up with an albeit holding back Thor, give Valkyrie a decent fight, stomp multiple Dark Elves in CQC and clown Captain America. It's almost like the writers at times forgot that he also has superhuman stats along with his magic.

Yeah physically he didn't even seem a fraction of his movie self.

I wouldn't mind a few inconsistencies if they were going to upgrade him. Problem is even his upgrades have been inconsistent AF!

KingD19
That building was SO DAMN BIG and he caught it like nothing, then reversed it back to before it had fallen. That one showing should've made Loki one of the most powerful telekinetics in the MCU.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah physically he didn't even seem a fraction of his movie self.

I wouldn't mind a few inconsistencies if they were going to upgrade him. Problem is even his upgrades have been inconsistent AF!

Yeah, I can ignore a few inconsistencies as long as the overall portrayal is reasonably consistent, but it was all over the place. The YouTube Pitch Meeting guy even poked fun at his power level being whatever the writer needs for any given scene.

It's a shame. Because if Loki was consistently depicted at both his physical and magical best, he'd easily be one of the most dangerous beings in the entire MCU. As it stands, I have no idea where to rank him.

Originally posted by KingD19
That building was SO DAMN BIG and he caught it like nothing, then reversed it back to before it had fallen. That one showing should've made Loki one of the most powerful telekinetics in the MCU.

Yeah, something that size would weigh at least several dozen and more likely hundreds of tons, and he handled it without any problem. And he did it on the fly to boot. It wasn't like he needed some build up of concentration to do it. Get into combat and he slightly pulled Sylvie back a bit and TK'd a book and a Roomba...

Pretty much only WandaVision of the MCU Disney live action stuff had any real consistency to it in that regard. Because, as already mentioned, TFATWS was just as bad with power level consistency.

KingD19
Loki from Ragnarok or Dark World would've walked through everyone in the series easily. Especially if he used his magic and tk on top of just being physically superior.

And you can tell they wanted Bucky to start off strong but dropped the ball. He easily survived a 200+ foot drop through a bunch of trees onto solid earth. But Walker tosses him around like a ragdoll and he forgets he's a super soldier when he's fighting Ayo and the Dora's. Even while holding back and not trying to hurt them, she shouldn't have been able to lay a hand on him if he fought like in Winter Soldier.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, but it seems like Bucky was just a sidekick put there to play Sam off of to make him shine more. Sam's the only one who actually looked consistently good throughout most of the show, with having some difficulty with Batroc being his lowest showing. But Batroc's a beast and, according to Georges St-Pierre, who plays him, the character has improved since CA:TWS.

Darth Thor

It's a shame. Because if Loki was consistently depicted at both his physical and magical best, he'd easily be one of the most dangerous beings in the entire MCU. As it stands, I have no idea where to rank him.

I mean if we just went by his highest feats in both the movies and the series (h1a8 style), he actually would be a total beast.

But his low showings are just too numerous, and he's never put his entire power set to use in a fight.

HulkIsHulk
Hard to say, because his feat of smacking clean through several inches of solid metal is actually better than any of his feats with the titanium arm, if we go by the real-world strength of the material and how much force would be needed to do so. But on the whole the vibranium arm it didn't seem all that much stronger than his flesh arm. So, it's not very consistent.

But the show was extremely bad at depicting consistent power and skill levels among the characters in general. It's one of my major gripes with it. Loki's solo show has a similar problem to a degree, with Loki's power level, both physically and magically, being all over the place, especially if we also factor in film showings.
I'd say denting the elevator door, throwing Steve through it and punching a dude through a wall is comparable atleast.

But yeah its pretty inconsistent.
Also, during the truck fight, Bucky was unable to pull himself up using the metal arm when he fell, unlike during the stairwell fight in Civil War, he straight up jumps down like 6 landings before stopping himself with the metal arm

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I'd say denting the elevator door, throwing Steve through it and punching a dude through a wall is comparable atleast.

But yeah its pretty inconsistent.
Also, during the truck fight, Bucky was unable to pull himself up using the metal arm when he fell, unlike during the stairwell fight in Civil War, he straight up jumps down like 6 landings before stopping himself with the metal arm

Not quite. He smacked through a portion of a forklift if I am not mistaken, and those supports are industrial grade steel IIRC. It takes more force working on the same area to break something as opposed to just denting it. And steel has a much greater tensile strength than concrete. The forklift feat is actually a borderline outlier because of how hard he would have had to hit to cleave right through it. Even with Walker's durability, that hit would realistically have killed him if it landed.

And that's not really a good comparison considering the truck was a moving vehicle (which affects grip and stability) and he almost immediately had a Flag Smasher attacking him and stomping on his arm. Besides, the side of the truck was weak canvas that he had already torn on the way down. What was he supposed to hold onto?

But, as I said, the show is way too inconsistent in order to say for sure. I doubt the writers would intend for it canonically to be weaker in-universe, but the show's power levels are so erratic it's hard to tell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.