Luke Cage (MCU) vs Black Noir (The Boys)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. H2H

2. Anything goes.

Made this thread cause JJ versus Noir seemed too one-sided, so now we're having Luke Cage vs Black Noir.

The fight takes place in an abandoned factory, victory by death or incapacitation.

UBDTJTygqSI

vs

qhJJAkCeHIo

Who wins?

KingD19
Luke is waaaay stronger and tougher than Kimiko and Starlight. And while Noir is fast, so was Bushmaster, especially once he was on super Nightshade. It would be a good fight, but Harlem's Son takes it imo. Especially considering that Noir seems very tough, but also just good at not letting damage stop him as opposed to not being hurt. Luke got exploded twice and walked it off. Noir was burned so badly we were seeing through skin in places iirc. And Luke is bulletproof, while Noir just ignores that he's been shot.

FrothByte
See, here's my problem with Cage. Every single time he's faced off against an opponent with super strength, he's struggled a bit. Even when he fought Jessica Jones (who's extremely low on the superhuman totem pole).

On the other hand, you have Noir completely stomping both Starlight and Kimiko, both of whom have some decent superhuman physical stats. Cage never looked that impressive against a superpowered opponent.

So I'm going with Noir for the win.

riv6672
Good fight; BN is a sneaky little shit, but going w. Cage.

TheVaultDweller
I'm going with Cage. His fights have context that we have to consider, like he held back against Diamondback because he was family (he even tells him he doesn't want to hurt him during their fight), Bushmaster had to fight dirty (sneak attacked a distracted Cage who'd just broken up with Claire after studying footage of him in preparation and used paralysis powder in their 2nd fight when he was losing) or double dose to beat him, Sowande was a centuries-old, super martial artist pressure point master who could stop a regular human's heart with a few pokes and had him rammed with a garbage truck, he was drugged by Stick before Black Sky managed to knock him out, and when he fought Jessica not only was he trying to resist Kilgrave's control but he was canonically weaker than his most recent level of power. And Jessica herself has better strength feats than either of the super people Noir has beaten, considering she's done things like catch a falling elevator, tossed a corpse like a 100 feet into the ocean and punched massive dents in a metal tank while drugged.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm going with Cage. His fights have context that we have to consider, like he held back against Diamondback because he was family (he even tells him he doesn't want to hurt him during their fight), Bushmaster had to fight dirty (sneak attacked a distracted Cage who'd just broken up with Claire after studying footage of him in preparation and used paralysis powder in their 2nd fight when he was losing) or double dose to beat him, Sowande was a centuries-old, super martial artist pressure point master who could stop a regular human's heart with a few pokes and had him rammed with a garbage truck, he was drugged by Stick before Black Sky managed to knock him out, and when he fought Jessica not only was he trying to resist Kilgrave's control but he was canonically weaker than his most recent level of power. And Jessica herself has better strength feats than either of the super people Noir has beaten, considering she's done things like catch a falling elevator, tossed a corpse like a 100 feet into the ocean and punched massive dents in a metal tank while drugged.
Sowande also paralyzed Danny with one poke

KingD19

She also held up an SUV one handed. And threw/pushed one through a storefront.

Jmanghan
I know I'm the maker of the thread but... I'll bite.

Black Noir is stronger than Cage, just based on what we've seen he's stronger I feel.

I'd argue Cage is a better fighter and is obviously more durable.

FrothByte
I can already tell I'm going to get slammed by arguments for my stance... but here it goes:

Starlight is nearly bulletproof. Not quite, she still gets hurt by bullets, but Butcher's high caliber rifle could only knock her down and hurt her, not seriously injure her. That's despite getting direct shots to the chest. I don't believe either Jessica Jones or Bushmaster could have easily survived shots like those.

Kimiko is also fast enough to have still tagged A-Train and was tough enough that she could take multiple shots from A-Train and just jump back up. A-Train who could turn a normal human into a puddle of meat and blood by just running into them.

Yet you see just how easily Noir takes them out. Yes, some of Cage's enemies are arguably more impressive than either Starlight or Kimiko, but he has never beaten opponents with the kind of ease that Noir did. Noir wasn't even close to struggling.

Cage does look more durable but strength is arguable and skill and speed are definitely in Noir's favor. In the end, it's the entire package that counts, and Noir just has more tools at his disposal and more impressive victories.

NemeBro
The X-factor is A-Train, who was strong enough to have pulled a train, yet Starlight could withstand getting hit by him and Kimiko even took getting jackhammered by him for a prolonged period of time. The feat is actually so far beyond what anyone else has done I'm tempted to consider it an outlier, because so many characters with feats that don't even compare scale to it at least partly.

KingD19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP00VmKx_No - Pulling a train is something a normal person has done. Nobody has ever done anything Cage has, like took a hit from a speeding SUV and crushed the front end without moving. Or twisting a dumpster into a pretzel. If that random guy can pull a train, Cage can do it far easier. And since a train has extremely low friction on the wheels since it's metal on metal and they're greased up, once you actually get it moving, it's much easier to keep it moving.

McNasty996
Going with Noir for Reasons Stated, Cage is tougher no doubt and I'd lean stronger however not by much. Noir didn't really focus on strength as much as finesse and while not as durable as Cage he's no slouch as well as faster.

McNasty996
Also as Stated by Froth when you use Kimokos durability feat and scale to the rest it becomes absurd. A-Train was bashing her head against the concrete side of the wall for a solid 20 seconds at speed. He was also strong enough to throw her clean through a brick wall divider with a one armed casual toss as well.

--Sorry for Double Posting

FrothByte
Just to add a bit more to this:

Starlight is strong enough to tip a car over and punch holes through brick walls. Tough enough to withstand bullets. Trained in martial arts since she was a kid. That should put her at least within super soldier range even without her light powers. I mean, she was strong enough to make Stormfront bleed from her punches, and Stormfront is legit bulletproof.

Yet Noir slapped her around like a little kid. I just can't imagine Luke Cage handling Starlight as easily as that.

Kimiko seems even stronger than Starlight and was actually winning against Stormfront in pure h2h. And while Noir did struggle against her a bit more than against Starlight, it wasn't really by much. He had some trouble because of her speed and agility but it still only took him like 30 seconds to take her out.

Robtard
I'm leaning towards Noir in the one, as Cage was KO'd by a shotgun blast to the face, not a weak feat mind you, but he was still KO'd. Always bet on black.

Old Man Whirly!
Noir in a stomp.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Always bet on black.

Luke Cage IS black. But Noir is like quadruple black.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Luke Cage IS black. But Noir is like quadruple black.

Exactly

tkitna
Only way Cage is winning is if Noir owes him money.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by tkitna
Only way Cage is winning is if Noir owes him money. That Doom panel is so unintentionally, racially insensitive. laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm leaning towards Noir in the one, as Cage was KO'd by a shotgun blast to the face, not a weak feat mind you, but he was still KO'd. Always bet on black.

While I don't really have a problem with people backing Noir for the overall reasons stated, I just need to point out that the shotgun feat from JJ was before Cage's upgrade. Since then he's taken much harder hits to that same area without being knocked out, like getting clocked in the face by Iron Fist (who can punch the engine block out of an armored car) and Diamondback kneeing him under the chin hard enough to land on the roof of an SUV like 15 feet away. That upgrade made a big difference in his durability, as he also went from reacting in pain to a pointblank gunshot to the palm to holding an exploding grenade in his hands without any issue.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by tkitna
Only way Cage is winning is if Noir owes him money.

"Where's my money, honey?"

Jmanghan
"Where's my money, honey?" Lol.

riv6672
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Lol.
Ah, dude thanks for bumping this.
I wanted to use Black Noir in a different matchup based on the clip you posted and forgot all about it!

Eon Blue
Noir wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.