Brexit sure stopped asylum seekers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Not that I disagree with this decision mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/17/uk-to-take-20000-afghan-refugees-over-five-years-under-resettlement-plan?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

UK to take 20,000 Afghan refugees over five years under resettlement plan

Robtard
laughcry

Scribble
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Not that I disagree with this decision mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/17/uk-to-take-20000-afghan-refugees-over-five-years-under-resettlement-plan?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

UK to take 20,000 Afghan refugees over five years under resettlement plan Good. After ****ing their country it's like... the ****ing least they deserve. Seriously.

jaden_2.0
Presumably the tories are hoping most of them don't last the 5 years and get brutally murdered by the Taliban before being allowed to travel to the UK.

ArtificialGlory
Duh. Brexit was an utterly pointless affair that, even at best, changed nothing.

Robtard
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Duh. Brexit was an utterly pointless affair that, even at best, changed nothing.

Don't be silly, it made a lot of rich people richer for one.

Darth Thor
Re: Brexit sure stopped asylum seekers...

laughing out loud

cdtm
20,000 over five years is a small number tbh.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
20,000 over five years is a small number tbh. That depends how many communities are going to take them.

Klaw
Every country that was involved with ****ing up Afghanistan should be forced into taking Afghan refugees.

Consequences have actions.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Klaw
Every country that was involved with ****ing up Afghanistan should be forced into taking Afghan refugees.

Consequences have actions. How far back are we going? shifty

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard
Don't be silly, it made a lot of rich people richer for one. it made me richer. laughing out loud

ArtificialGlory
Don't be silly, it made a lot of rich people richer for one.
Not even that, it hurt the bottom lines of even the large corporations.

Darth Thor
Yeah businesses were mostly against Brexit. Because losing access to the biggest market in the world wont help anyone here economically.

Blakemore

cdtm
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah businesses were mostly against Brexit. Because losing access to the biggest market in the world wont help anyone here economically.

If the goal was scortched earth, I can think of better ways.

Darth Thor
The one good thing about Brexit is that it was a peoples movement which brought about change against what most politicians and big businesses wanted.

Unfortunately it was a stupid cause to be so passionate about. Even more unfortunate its hero was Nigel Farage.

Old Man Whirly!
The one good thing about Brexit is that it was a peoples movement which brought about change against what most politicians and big businesses wanted.

Unfortunately it was a stupid cause to be so passionate about. Even more unfortunate its hero was Nigel Farage. I'll be honest DT, I think it was the wealthy manipulating the people in a social and money grab. Farage is a Dulwich College educated far right nut.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I'll be honest DT, I think it was the wealthy manipulating the people in a social and money grab. Farage is a Dulwich College educated far right nut.

Well he himself made plenty of money off the EU as an MEP for all those years.

Old Man Whirly!
Well he himself made plenty of money off the EU as an MEP for all those years. he made more off his and his father's stock dealing and hedge funds... with his French passport.

Robtard
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Not even that, it hurt the bottom lines of even the large corporations.

Not everyone.

Richest Brits Gain $28 Billion Since Brexit Even as Economy Ails

British Billionaires Get Wealth Boost From Boris As Election Calms Brexit Nerves

iirc, Boris Johnson and several of his buddies made a killing with betting against the Pound Sterling right before the vote and it's decline. It's like they knew something...

Old Man Whirly!
Not everyone.

British Billionaires Get Wealth Boost From Boris As Election Calms Brexit Nerves

iirc, Boris Johnson and several of his buddies made a killing with betting against the Pound Sterling right before the vote and it's decline. It's like they knew something... tbh Rob, everyone knew something but brexiteers. Actually, many knew they just chose bigotry over economics.

ArtificialGlory
Not everyone.

iirc, Boris Johnson and several of his buddies made a killing with betting against the Pound Sterling right before the vote and it's decline. It's like they knew something...
Of course these people would have made money regardless, but they would have probably made more without Brexit. Certainly in the long run.

Darth Thor
Yeah guys still not seeing the connection between Brexit and big business. Access to the Single Market only helped them.

It certainly helped Boris become Prime Minister though. But thats because he used the vote happening to his advantage. Showing himself as fighting for Britain.

But I honestly think it was a case of a vote that just went unexpectedly.

Blakemore
Darth Thor is from Asgard-gard-gard-g-gard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.