Clerks III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Kevin Smith is making the final installment of his Clerks films.

From what I've gathered, the premise of the film is that Randal suffers a near fatal heart attack and decides to make a film about his life and the Quick Stop (much akin to how Smith made his first Clerks film) and reflect on such.

Smith had to beg Jeff Anderson to return as Randal, but to no avail. Reportedly, Smith had to rewrite the entire screenplay to cater to Anderson's whims to get him to agree to take the role. Salary negotiations were a rumored factor, too.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/08/clerks-3-first-look

Patient_Leech
Oddly enough I think I might be more interested if they go back to B&W. Gave the first film a certain charm.

Bashar Teg
that last jay and silent bob movie was pretty bad, so I'm not expecting much

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
gonna pass

SquallX

Impediment
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

It was awful and shameless.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Good to know. Because I started it and it was too cringe in the first like 5 minutes, so I didn't continue.

Impediment
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was the perfect ending to the era of those two characters.

The fact that Smith has been clinging onto them since then is sad.

I only watched the reboot because my friends wanted to see it at their house on TV and I felt like slitting my wrists.

jaden_2.0
https://c.tenor.com/sJeCT3uwsBEAAAAM/horse-dead.gif

Dave_97
Originally posted by Impediment
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was the perfect ending to the era of those two characters.

The fact that Smith has been clinging onto them since then is sad.

I only watched the reboot because my friends wanted to see it at their house on TV and I felt like slitting my wrists.

but what were your thoughts on Cop-out?

Impediment

riv6672

Impediment
-LIS5b0AqtE

Patient_Leech
Hm.. I'm pretty meh. I guess it looks, okay? It looks like a movie?

It's been so damn long since I've seen either of the first two I don't really care much.

A giant blunt... hilarious and edgy?

Impediment
Clerks 1 is timeless and one of the most important films ever made, IMO.

II was good and poignant, but somewhat unneeded.

III is a cash grab, I'll admit, but it looks entertaining.

I just sincerely hope Smith retires Jay and Silent Bob after this.

Patient_Leech
I remember liking the 1st.

The second I remember them taking back the term "porch monkey".. heh.

I mean, this looks like it could be riding the meta train, which is a little bit trendy right now, but often not popular with audiences. But it's not necessarily a bad thing to me.

riv6672

rudester
Nothing but old guys trying to recapture the glory days

Impediment
Yeah, Dante was supposed to die in the original cut of Clerks, but someone talked Smith out of it.

riv6672
Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah, Dante was supposed to die in the original cut of Clerks, but someone talked Smith out of it.
^^^Ty, I thought I was imagining that! thumb up laughing

Impediment

riv6672
^^^Thats not bad really, as reviews go.

Robtard
Caught this last night, enjoyed it.

It's the weakest of the trilogy, but still worth watching. As Imp's reviews noted, it really plays up the friendship, family and emotional aspects, being both sad and happy.

It's loaded with humor, but a lot of it falls flat (imo) as it's just repeats of what we've seen in Clerks I, II and to a degree the Jay and Silent Bob films, cept now it's middle aged men doing those same jokes.

Still a good wrap up for a trilogy, the ending pulls at the heartstrings.

Impediment

jaden_2.0
Never really understood the reverence Clerks gets held in. Preferred some of Smith's other stuff. Chasing Amy, Dogma and Red State. But I wouldn't consider any of them brilliant or seminal the way people consider Clerks.

Smith also just seems like a dick. Like there's a #MeToo file on him a foot thick.

Robtard

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.