Homelander vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Donald Trump's Florida mansion.

* peak Homelander

* Endgame Iron Man

Who wins?

Jmanghan
Depends on which version of Iron Man, any one past and including the first Avengers movie destroys.

The one from Iron Man 1 loses.

Robtard
If we're going by what was said in regards to HL's powers, then he shitrapes any MCU version of Ironman, as Madelyn Stillwell said something along the lines that no weapon on the planet could kill him.

Old Man Whirly!
Highlander shit stomps! Rob, why are you becoming a Vs thread person?

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Highlander shit stomps! Rob, why are you becoming a Vs thread person?

I'm one of the very first original Movie Vs thread debaters.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm one of the very first original Movie Vs thread debaters. Ahhh smile I thought that was you and Quan trolling.

Robtard
Quan came later, I was doing it years before he arrived as A MVSF combatant. Quan and I had some funny moments though.

Stigma
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Depends on which version of Iron Man, any one past and including the first Avengers movie destroys.

The one from Iron Man 1 loses.
Endgame IM so nano suit etc.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Stigma
Endgame IM so nano suit etc. Gets canned!

riv6672
If we're going by what was said in regards to HL's powers then he shitrapes
Going by feats, not so much w. the shitraping.

BruceSkywalker
Tony gets shitted on lol

NemeBro
Iron Man would solo the entire Boys verse (barring some esoteric power he may have no defense against I can't recall), Homelander would get mopped.

McNasty996
Going with Iron Man. There's WAY too much scaling needed to justify giving Homelander a win here and his on-screen feats don't cut it. We literally have to take Madelyn at her word(who has every reason to Hype Homelander) and give him everyone else's +1 feats to some unknown degree.

Iron Man as of Endgame has way too many solid feats that take a dump all over anything anyone in The Boys has done and scaling of engaging true heavy hitters in fights.

NemeBro
If you take Stillwell at her word and give Homelander the ability to survive getting Tsar Bomba dropped on his head Iron Man would still win.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
If you take Stillwell at her word and give Homelander the ability to survive getting Tsar Bomba dropped on his head Iron Man would still win.

Explain the logic there, convince me thumb up

Jmanghan
Iron Man fought Thor, just throwing that out there.

I'm not confident Homelander could give Thor any type of fight, so through power scaling, he wins.

Also, made Thanos bleed with a punch.

Arguing that Homelander could HURT Iron Man is a big assumption (a wrong one.)

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
Iron Man would solo the entire Boys verse (barring some esoteric power he may have no defense against I can't recall), Homelander would get mopped.
^^^^^^

McNasty996
Explain the logic there, convince me thumb up

He's probably referencing the fact that the Giant Hunk of moon hurled at Iron Man which hit him and collided him into the ground had ridiculous KE and the fact he was blocking sustained Power Stone blasts sets a high bar that Homelander and anyone supporting him needs to prove that he can overcome that much output.

Jmanghan
A punch from Thanos >>>>>>>>> A nuke.

TheVaultDweller
Iron Man wins.

h1a8
Iron Man fought Thor, just throwing that out there.

I'm not confident Homelander could give Thor any type of fight, so through power scaling, he wins.

Also, made Thanos bleed with a punch.

Arguing that Homelander could HURT Iron Man is a big assumption (a wrong one.) Thor didn't seem as powerful as homelander when he fought IM. I could list some things that make me come to that conclusion if you want.

Making Thanos SLIGHTLY bleed (after many attacks) isnt a good showing for IM, its a bad one for Thanos.

IM isn't aircraft bullet proof. Homelander is (if you go by the statement). IM can not survive a nuke. IM suit can not resist greats amount of heat. The heat homelander can generate is greater than the heat Extremis agents can generate (i have evidence if you want it).

IM weaponry is not more powerful than the world's best. How would IM harm him?

Now if you argue that statements that contradict on scene showings can not be used as proof then ill agree and say this isnt a stomp for Homelander.

Robtard
Originally posted by McNasty996
He's probably referencing the fact that the Giant Hunk of moon hurled at Iron Man which hit him and collided him into the ground had ridiculous KE and the fact he was blocking sustained Power Stone blasts sets a high bar that Homelander and anyone supporting him needs to prove that he can overcome that much output.

That's an extremely impressive feat and I honestly had forgotten Tony survived that, but that wasn't "Tsar Bomba" levels of power output, not even close.

Going from what is shown in The Boys, HL doesn't stand a chance. I'm just playing devil's advocate based on his implied level of power, which were 'he can survive being nuked'.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by h1a8
IM suit can not resist greats amount of heat. The heat homelander can generate is greater than the heat Extremis agents can generate (i have evidence if you want it).

This is your only good point. So stick to it and present your evidences.

Robtard
Those were the suits in IM3, we're talking massive leaps and bounds of advancement with the suit Tony is wearing here.

Darth Thor
Oh yeah keep forgetting the details of that sucky film.

h1a8
He's probably referencing the fact that the Giant Hunk of moon hurled at Iron Man which hit him and collided him into the ground had ridiculous KE and the fact he was blocking sustained Power Stone blasts sets a high bar that Homelander and anyone supporting him needs to prove that he can overcome that much output. That chunk wasnt that large nor moving that fast at the time it struck IM. What are the power stone blast feats? What type of energy is it (burning, concussive, etc). It seems mostly concussive.

Robtard
They turned the suits into comical relief, which was just weird.

h1a8
Those were the suits in IM3, we're talking massive leaps and bounds of advancement with the suit Tony is wearing here. We require proof that they are more resistant against heat (or any type of damage tbh) than IM 3 suits. Otherwise we have speculation.

Robtard
We require proof that they are more resistant against heat (or any type of damage tbh) than IM 3 suits. Otherwise we have speculation.

That would be the ever increasing feats in the subsequent films after IM3, you silly troll. You're done here.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LastOpulentAfricanclawedfrog-max-1mb.gif

KingD19
They turned the suits into comical relief, which was just weird.

Tony was just making them to make them and so the fans could get a nod to Armor Wars. By mass producing them they lost the integrity and power of the individual suits he put time and actual effort into.

Robtard
Tony not sleeping and making suit after suit is one explanation

Jmanghan
Thor didn't seem as powerful as homelander when he fought IM. I could list some things that make me come to that conclusion if you want.

Making Thanos SLIGHTLY bleed (after many attacks) isnt a good showing for IM, its a bad one for Thanos.

IM isn't aircraft bullet proof. Homelander is (if you go by the statement). IM can not survive a nuke. IM suit can not resist greats amount of heat. The heat homelander can generate is greater than the heat Extremis agents can generate (i have evidence if you want it).

Now if you argue that statements that contradict on scene showings can not be used as proof then ill agree and say this isnt a stomp for Homelander. Stop it. Thor in Avengers 1 would crush Homelander's skull with one hand.

Unless you're forgetting he also fought the HULK in the same movie and did pretty damn well, and arguing Homelander would perform similarly against the Hulk is just stupid.

You could even argue IM performed better then almost every single fight Thor had against him.

Bad showing or not, it still happened, Iron Man managed to make Thanos bleed with a PUNCH. Normal functioning humans could not possibly argue Homelander could tank that. The dude is strong, he can tear humans in half with a twitch of a finger, and that's great. He can tank a nuke, and that's great, but these things aren't impressive in the MCU for a metahuman.

Silent Master

Judging by this and your Supergirl post, you know count statements as facts?

h1a8
That would be the ever increasing feats in the subsequent films after IM3, you silly troll. You're done here.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LastOpulentAfricanclawedfrog-max-1mb.gif You mean decreasing feats. IM 1 has the best durability feats troll. The moon feat is garbage. We clearly see the chunk that hit IM was that large and wasnt moving that fast. Yes the pieces slowed down tremendously after entering the atmosphere. Visual speed is key.

h1a8
Stop it. Thor in Avengers 1 would crush Homelander's skull with one hand.

Unless you're forgetting he also fought the HULK in the same movie and did pretty damn well, and arguing Homelander would perform similarly against the Hulk is just stupid.

You could even argue IM performed better then almost every single fight Thor had against him.

Bad showing or not, it still happened, Iron Man managed to make Thanos bleed with a PUNCH. Normal functioning humans could not possibly argue Homelander could tank that. The dude is strong, he can tear humans in half with a twitch of a finger, and that's great. He can tank a nuke, and that's great, but these things aren't impressive in the MCU for a metahuman.
Characters fluctuate in power level from scene to scene. Thats why we get inconsistency. I can name some if you like.
Also
Fighting someone doesn't prove strength. Its what you actually do in the fight that is considered a strength feat. Homelander would do similarly or better than Thor in that scene.

IM making Thanos bleed slightly is not a good feat for IM, its a bad one for Thanos.

McNasty996
That's an extremely impressive feat and I honestly had forgotten Tony survived that, but that wasn't "Tsar Bomba" levels of power output, not even close.

Going from what is shown in The Boys, HL doesn't stand a chance. I'm just playing devil's advocate based on his implied level of power, which were 'he can survive being nuked'.

Understandable, I'm not going to argue it was and I'm not am armchair physicist so not going to attempt to calc it was just pointing out something he referenced though but you get what I was aiming at.

Regarding the use of Homelander in general I think that's the issue with using him in any versus setting. By scaling he everyone else +++ but we don't know where exactly that level is and he's never had to fight someone on his level so we never get him putting in any effort to get a judge of where he sits.

Also doesn't help that he's the "Superman" archetype so we tend to prescribe a level of what Superman can do(plus the Madelyns comment doesn't help) despite the fact that he doesn't have a single feat putting him anywhere near there.

Robtard
Understandable, I'm not going to argue it was and I'm not am armchair physicist so not going to attempt to calc it was just pointing out something he referenced though but you get what I was aiming at.

Regarding the use of Homelander in general I think that's the issue with using him in any versus setting. By scaling he everyone else +++ but we don't know where exactly that level is and he's never had to fight someone on his level so we never get him putting in any effort to get a judge of where he sits.

Also doesn't help that he's the "Superman" archetype so we tend to prescribe a level of what Superman can do(plus the Madelyns comment doesn't help) despite the fact that he doesn't have a single feat putting him anywhere near there.

thumb up

He's a deplorable, but lovable prick; that goes a long way. Speaking of, we should get the Season 3 release date soon.

Darth Thor
Characters fluctuate in power level from scene to scene. Thats why we get inconsistency. I can name some if you like.

Nice excuse to ignore on screen showings and follow your own head canon instead.

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nice excuse to ignore on screen showings and follow your own head canon instead. What i said was a fact. Characters fluctuate from scene to scene. Writers do not use exact science to determine when something written is contradictory to wgat a character has already done.

HulkIsHulk
Homelander was knocked out by a bus landing on his head. The nuke extrapolation is total BS when that is kept in mind.

Jmanghan
What i said was a fact. Characters fluctuate from scene to scene. Writers do not use exact science to determine when something written is contradictory to wgat a character has already done. And that's fine but ignoring an on-screen because "characters fluctuate", is stupid.

Jmanghan
Also, I'm not sure if I agree with a nuke being more powerful than what IM got hit by.

I could maybe buy the tsar bomba being more powerful but it's highly unlikely that's what Homelander got hit with during his "tests".

Although to be honest I doubt he was hit with a nuke in the first place, I doubt the military even in that world would authorize a nuke test just to "test out a superheroes' durability", especially considering the likelihood of wiping out one of their most valuable assets.

I'd argue he was mostly hit with heavy artillery, tanks, sniper rifles, and maybe jet missiles.

Old Man Whirly!
Also, I'm not sure if I agree with a nuke being more powerful than what IM got hit by.

I could maybe buy the tsar bomba being more powerful but it's highly unlikely that's what Homelander got hit with during his "tests".

Although to be honest I doubt he was hit with a nuke in the first place, I doubt the military even in that world would authorize a nuke test just to "test out a superheroes' durability", especially considering the likelihood of wiping out one of their most valuable assets.

I'd argue he was mostly hit with heavy artillery, tanks, sniper rifles, and maybe jet missiles. They said nothing stopped him. Its why the world is so scared of him. It can't stop him Jman.

Darth Thor
They said nothing stopped him. Its why the world is so scared of him. It can't stop him Jman.

Is that the exact line ?

Because it could be he can outrun a Nuke.

Old Man Whirly!
Is that the exact line ?

Because it could be he can outrun a Nuke. can't remember the exact line but the implication wasn't he ran. It was he took everything they had.

Darth Thor
can't remember the exact line but the implication wasn't he ran. It was he took everything they had.

Well Forum rules are actually for on screen feats. And not so much implications. And if there's wiggle room in the statement, then that would count even less for the purposes of the versus thread.

And I personally see Homelander winning btw. Between his speed and heat vision we don't even need to know the full extent of his strength and durability to make the case for him winning.

9jaboy
A punch from Thanos >>>>>>>>> A nuke.
Lol that would mean Cap & Spidey >>>>>>>> A nuke.

Old Man Whirly!
Well Forum rules are actually for on screen feats. And not so much implications. And if there's wiggle room in the statement, then that would count even less for the purposes of the versus thread.

And I personally see Homelander winning btw. Between his speed and heat vision we don't even need to know the full extent of his strength and durability to make the case for him winning. This is true. thumb up

Stigma

And I personally see Homelander winning btw. Between his speed and heat vision we don't even need to know the full extent of his strength and durability to make the case for him winning.
Regarding Homelander's speed, one of his most impressive feats for me is when he grabs Butcher amidst the explosion and somehow carries him out unscathed. We can see Butcher triggering the bomb and the explosion already starting to go off.

That's pretty fast. Seems to be far faster than Tony.

Robtard
Originally posted by Stigma
Regarding Homelander's speed, one of his most impressive feats for me is when he grabs Butcher amidst the explosion and somehow carries him out unscathed. We can see Butcher triggering the bomb and the explosion already starting to go off.

That's pretty fast. Seems to be far faster than Tony.

Butcher's hair wasn't even singed, yeah? That's speed so fast he would appear to be teleporting from the human eye perspective.

I've forgotten a lot of The Boys, might have to watch S1&2 again before 3 comes out.

Stigma
Butcher's hair wasn't even singed, yeah? That's speed so fast he would appear to be teleporting from the human eye perspective.

I've forgotten a lot of The Boys, might have to watch S1&2 again before 3 comes out.
Exactly. thumb up That feat is pretty insane tbh.

Yeah, looking forward to season 3 as well.

Eon Blue
Also
Fighting someone doesn't prove strength. Its what you actually do in the fight that is considered a strength feat. Homelander would do similarly or better than Thor in that scene.

IM making Thanos bleed slightly is not a good feat for IM, its a bad one for Thanos.

Bingo! thumb up

FrothByte
I'm actually surprised IM is putting up a decent fight in this thread. Would have expected it to be heavily in Homelander's favor.

John Murdoch
Homelander:
+ extremely fast
+ heat vision
+ some degree of substantial super strength
- no fighting prowess to speak of
- taken out of commission by the falling bus, something that Tony would handle with just as much, if not less, difficulty.

Iron Man:
+ Has like 12 films of feats to pull from
+ Has fought opponents that would pummel Homelander (Thor and Thanos namely)
+ Has shrugged off massive amounts of damage, if not been unaffected entirely (Sokovia explosion, getting caught in the SHIELD helicarrier turbine blades, having a chunk of a moon dropped on him, power stone arc, etc.)
+ Has regenerating armor
+ Numerous offensive options built into his bleeding edge armor
- Always goes in for H2H combat instead of keeping his distance (think Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian fight in NYC and Thanos fight on Titan in IW)
- I don't think he has outright won a fight against an opponent since Iron Man 3 or Age of Ultron, and anytime he punches above his weight class or goes against an exotic powerset (Cull Obsidian, Thanos, Ebony Maw), he gets rescued at the last moment or wins via environment
- no answer for HL's speed
- likes to tank stuff and then fight his opponent, which could prove fatal against HL's heat vision

I go with Homelander, but I can see Iron Man winning. The main issue is one we've only seen touched on: if Homelander were to fight an equal Superman-type opponent, I think he would get stomped. For reference, when Homelander faced his Black Noir clone in the comics, he gets killed quickly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.