Rustler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan

Total Warrior

Jmanghan
Playing it right now, is as advertised, fun game.

Jmanghan
Y'know what... It started off a bit rough and... honestly is a bit rough, but it's exactly what it wants to be, an old-school medieval GTA clone.

The humor is actually pretty good as well, the missions are standard fare for something GTA-Like (I noticed reviews trying to portray the "quests" as kinda boring and well, yeah they are for the most part, but a lot of the older GTA games were the same way. This isn't trying to be a western RPG like Skyrim or Witcher, it's trying to be medieval GTA, and it fits for that genre.)

Swordfighting isn't complex, but it has more depth then you'd expect, there's a block, dodge, and even a parry system.

I'd change only a few things... first, this game isn't a $30 game, lol. Especially on Switch where I got it, now if you do find it for $20 on sale, I'd definitely pick it up, but besides that I'd honestly go no higher if you decide you wanna buy it.

Secondly, you can "pimp your horse", but you don't actually get to customize or change it in any way. I know they're trying to be true to the top-down GTA games, but games as far back as I think Vice City, San Andreas, and even the PSP games allowed car customizations. IIRC GTA 3 didn't but still, c'mon man.

I haven't gotten super into the main story, it has hints of being decent and I enjoy the humorous writing & characters... but I suspect it'll be kind of anti-climactic.

Guards are wayyyyy too frequent and wayyy too fast. You have no idea how many times I lost a mission because I had to beat some guy's ass and this guard comes running by on his horse, catches me and I have to run away or die. Furthermore, I'm not sure how long I have to wait in the wilderness before the guards decide to leave me the hell alone, but it was wayyy longer then I expected (5+ minutes, sometimes 10+ if I had 3 or more "stars".)

Overall, I'd say buy it on sale if the idea of a medieval GTA clone interests you, but don't go in expecting something like Skyrim, KC: D, Witcher 3, etc, because that's not what this game is. It's a good game, it's just a bit rough around the edges.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.