I am 100% okay with Vaccine Passports

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
As long as it's a private company doing it of their own volition.

If a private company cannot be forced to decorate a cake for a Gay wedding, then that same private business cannot be forced to provide goods and/or services to the unvaccinated and/or unmasked.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Klaw
As long as it's a private company doing it of their own volition.

If a private company cannot be forced to decorate a cake for a Gay wedding, then that same private business cannot be forced to provide goods and/or services to the unvaccinated and/or unmasked. Ahh Klaw, you are back just as Eon queers his account again. What a coincidence!

Klaw
I'd like to see which KMC members will be hypocrites on this issue.

samhain
Private businesses can refuse services to who they want, they don't even need a reason, they can just say 'get out'.

If someone is trying to force businesses to do otherwise, then they should seek legal counsel.

eThneoLgrRnae
If they are not serving unvaccinated folk of their own free will then they are discriminating which is against the law.

It's not the same as the incident with the baker not wanting to bake a cake for a gay couple because in that example it violated his religious beliefs, not to mention that having a wedding cake is not exactly an essential service, unlike say, being able to buy groceries in order to eat, and therefore in order to live.

eThneoLgrRnae
I stil say vaccine mandates or passports are fascistic in nature at least when it comes to having access to essential services and goods.

-Pr-
I have no problem with vaccine passports as a general rule. And I think most businesses have their own private right to refuse admission or service.

That said, asking someone for proof of vaccination to, say, go in to a supermarket is a bit much imo. Make sure of masks, do temperature checks even, but any more than that is pushing it imo.

Klaw
Regarding essential services.

If you choose to be unvaccinated, then you can do curbside pickup or home delivery.

Problem solved.

eThneoLgrRnae

If you choose to be unvaccinated, then you can do curbside pickup or home delivery.

Problem solved.

Not really.

There are at least two possible problems with that solution:

1. It is more expensive and not everyone can afford to pay that extra amount. Many people live paycheck to paycheck.... sometimes I do.

2. That service is not available everywhere. Some people live way out in the boonies and if their closest grocery store started requiring vaccine passports and they were against vaccinations because they think they are very dangerous or because they violate their religious or medical rights then they're screwed.

Also, I'm not just talking about groceries here. There are other types of essential services... like being able to use public transport to get to your job for people who don't have cars.

Smasandian
The thing is......I was under the impression that business wanted a vaccine passport..or at least in Ontario.

Considering around 70% of the population is fully vaccinated and that those people are most likely not willing to visit stores that dont give a shit...it makes business sense to cater towards the vaccinated than the non-vax.

-Pr-

Problem solved.

In an ideal world, sure. But it's not an ideal world, and that isn't an option for a lot of people.

cdtm
Originally posted by samhain
Private businesses can refuse services to who they want, they don't even need a reason, they can just say 'get out'.

If someone is trying to force businesses to do otherwise, then they should seek legal counsel.

If it was that easy wouldn't the cake baker be able to get away with simply saying no, without reason?

I'm no lawyer, but when you hear about these things in the news, it almost seems like a case of guilty until proven innocent. Prove you aren't denying a black Woman service because of her skin color, prove you aren't discriminating against gays.

Klaw
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Not really.

There are at least two possible problems with that solution:

1. It is more expensive and not everyone can afford to pay that extra amount. Many people live paycheck to paycheck.... sometimes I do.

2. That service is not available everywhere. Some people live way out in the boonies and if their closest grocery store started requiring vaccine passports and they were against vaccinations because they think they are very dangerous or because they violate their religious or medical rights then they're screwed.

Also, I'm not just talking about groceries here. There are other types of essential services... like being able to use public transport to get to your job for people who don't have cars.

1. Curbside pickup is free.

2. I admit for this scenario, it's more complicated to get around, however, a private company still reserves the right to serve who they want.

Klaw
Originally posted by cdtm
If it was that easy wouldn't the cake baker be able to get away with simply saying no, without reason?

It would've been that easy, but the media and the Left made it an issue.

But now the media and the Left are okay with businesses refusing to serve the unvaccinated.

They're all about double standards.

eThneoLgrRnae
1. Curbside pickup is free.

2. I admit for this scenario, it's more complicated to get around, however, a private company still reserves the right to serve who they want.

1.Again, it is not available everywhere.

2. It is discrimination to not serve someone because of their vaccination status.

I have heard some doctors say they won't treat any sick or injured people who are not vaccinated.

They just don't get it:

Klaw
Originally posted by -Pr-
In an ideal world, sure. But it's not an ideal world, and that isn't an option for a lot of people.

I would counter this by saying in an ideal world, everyone who is eligible for the vaccine would get it.

But since they don't, they have to live with the consequences.

eThneoLgrRnae
I would counter this by saying in an ideal world, everyone who is eligible for the vaccine would get it.

But since they don't, they have to live with the consequences.

And those who choose to take the vaccine because they are sheep and misinformed (yet think they are the educated ones) will have to live with the health consequences... whether those consequences are felt immediately or several years down the road.

Forcing people to take a vaccine to access certain goods and services is nazi-like.

Old Man Whirly!
And those who choose to take the vaccine because they are sheep and misinformed (yet think they are the educated ones) will have to live with the health consequences... whether those consequences are felt immediately or several years down the road.

Forcing people to take a vaccine to access certain goods and services is nazi-like. crywank

Klaw
1.Again, it is not available everywhere.

2. It is discrimination to not serve someone because of their vaccination status.

I have heard some doctors say they won't treat any sick or injured people who are not vaccinated.

They just don't get it:

1. I'm not sure what the solution is, I'm just certain it's not forcing private businesses to cater to certain people.

2. Agreed, it's also discrimination to not decorate a cake for a Gay wedding, but it's the right of a private business to do that.

That is troubling. Doctors are supposed to treat everyone regardless of the individuals' circumstances. Those Doctors are wrong and should be held accountable.

Klaw

Forcing people to take a vaccine to access certain goods and services is nazi-like.

I'm getting my first dose today.

I don't think you understand what Nazi-like is.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, they should lose their license, imo.

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm getting my first dose today.

I don't think you understand what Nazi-like is.

Oh but I do. I understand it very well, friend.

I don't think you do though.

Klaw
Yeah, they should lose their license, imo.

Do you think it's right to unlicense Doctors in a pandemic?

eThneoLgrRnae
The nazis forced horrible experiments onto people (mostly jews).

So horrible that a Nuremberg Code was established to prevent it from ever happening again. Yet, today, those in power and certain businesses are forcing people to take these highly dangerous vaccines (which have already killed thousands) which were never tested on animals beforehand. They are violating the Nuremberg Code and getting away with it.

They're literally killing people and no one is doing a damn thing about it. Respurators ate another way they are murdering people abd getting away with it.

Just like in nazi Germany where brownshiets wen5 around demanding people show their papets to travel or use certain servicrs the exacy same thibg is happening today with vsccine mandates abd pasdports.

Anyone eho can't see the similarities to nazi germany is either blind or dumb, or just doesn't know history very well.

eThneoLgrRnae
Do you think it's right to unlicense Doctors in a pandemic?

Do you think it's right for doctors who refuse to treat people to be able to keep their medical license?

I don't, regardless of any pandemic that is going on.

Klaw
Do you think it's right for doctors who refuse to treat people to be able to keep their medical license?

I don't, regardless of any pandemic that is going on.

In theory, no.

eThneoLgrRnae
But if there is a vastly overblown pandemic with a virus that has a 99% survival rate you think it is ok then?

Ok, guess we disagree on that then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.