Magneto (Classic X-Men film trilogy) vs. Darth Sidious (Revenge of the Sith film)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
Filled with hatred, these two genocidal madmen with similar abilities, and leaders of a group of terrorists will clash in a fight to the death.

Location of the Battle: Abandoned Junkyard.

riv6672
Nice.

Not sure who'd win.

Jmanghan
If Magneto can't manipulate Palp's lightsaber then he could just casually saber throw him to kill him.

Otherwise, I'm a bit more impressed by Magneto's telekinesis abilities.

Darth Thor
A force choke is pretty hard to to fight back against, no matter what crazy metal Tk feats Eric has.

riv6672

KingD19
Honestly a Force Choke isn't even how Sidious really fights. I don't think he's ever actually used it on somebody. Not to say he can't do it, just that he doesn't really roll that way. He uses a mix of TK, lightning and his overwhelming skill in Saber combat.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
Originally posted by KingD19
Honestly a Force Choke isn't even how Sidious really fights. I don't think he's ever actually used it on somebody.

?v=xloPXX4ys_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xloPXX4ys_A

?v=LDeg7K9NrCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDeg7K9NrCw

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
A force choke is pretty hard to to fight back against, no matter what crazy metal Tk feats Eric has. I mean it depends on if you think Magneto can't use his TK while getting choked.

If he can then he'll just smash a hunk of metal into Palpatine while he's trying to choke him.

And to my knowledge, we haven't seen anyone get choked to death in 1/64th of a second at least in terms of the movies.

I agree Palpatine's versatility could give him the win and again it's also important to note whether or not Magneto could manipulate whatever metal a lightsaber is made of, if it's even considered "metal".

KingD19
So he's used Force Choke twice, in non-combat situations out of multiple seasons of Clone Wars and 4 live action movies(Episode 1, 2, 3, and RoS).

That proves my point that he's capable of using it, but in a fight that's not his go to move. We have far more instances of force lightning, force tk, and him just being a better fighter against his opponents.

Also like others have pointed out, Magneto's not just gonna stand there clutching at his throat and doing nothing, nor does the Force Choke kill people particularly quickly. It's more of an intimidation tactic.

Also yes, Jmanghan, lightsabers are made of metal and should be susceptible to Magneto's powers.

I highly doubt Sidiuous can redirect or stop anything Magneto throws at him as his TK is simply far more powerful than Palpy's.

Darth Thor
So he's used Force Choke twice, in non-combat situations out of multiple seasons of Clone Wars and 4 live action movies(Episode 1, 2, 3, and RoS).

Non combat situation? The Mandalorians were pointing guns at him.

He also goes on to Force pin and choke and smack around Darth Maul afterwards. The Force Pin was actually his first move on him.

Also you say this as if he's in a fight every couple of episodes. It was just those 2 times in TCW, once in Rebels, and Twice in ROTS. Oh and once in ROTJ.

And he actually inititiated most those fights with either TK or FL.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I mean it depends on if you think Magneto can't use his TK while getting choked.

If he can then he'll just smash a hunk of metal into Palpatine while he's trying to choke him.

And to my knowledge, we haven't seen anyone get choked to death in 1/64th of a second at least in terms of the movies.

Well it's not like Magneto instantly smacks chunks of metal into his opponents either. And that's when he's not being choked out.

You could argue that could force Eric's hand, but it's all speculation past that point.

KingD19

He also goes on to Force pin and choke and smack around Darth Maul afterwards. The Force Pin was actually his first move on him.

Also you say this as if he's in a fight every couple of episodes. It was just those 2 times in TCW, once in Rebels, and Twice in ROTS. Oh and once in ROTJ.

Okay? They were pointing guns at him. They hadn't actually fired, and then he used it on them and walked away. Hostile doesn't = combat.

The point is he's not going around in the middle of fights choking people. He's either tossing them with TK or using lightning or just outfighting them. He uses the choke to threaten and intimidate people, not to help him win fights. So him using it here wouldn't really fit with his fighting style. That's what I've been saying the entire time and you seem to think I'm saying he can't. I'm saying it's very unlikely. But he's capable of doing so, that would just set him up to get whacked in the back of the head with something.

Jmanghan

Well it's not like Magneto instantly smacks chunks of metal into his opponents either. And that's when he's not being choked out.

You could argue that could force Eric's hand, but it's all speculation past that point.

It would absolutely force Eric's hand. It's not about being in character, when you're being choked you'll do whatever you can to get free of your attacker, that's just plain human nature.

Why would Eric not immediately hurl a friggen satellite (as an example) at him or something to get free?

Eon Blue
Magneto tosses him down the chimney chute.

h1a8
Okay? They were pointing guns at him. They hadn't actually fired, and then he used it on them and walked away. Hostile doesn't = combat.

The point is he's not going around in the middle of fights choking people. He's either tossing them with TK or using lightning or just outfighting them. He uses the choke to threaten and intimidate people, not to help him win fights. So him using it here wouldn't really fit with his fighting style. That's what I've been saying the entire time and you seem to think I'm saying he can't. I'm saying it's very unlikely. But he's capable of doing so, that would just set him up to get whacked in the back of the head with something.

He has basic knowledge of Magneto. He knows what Magneto can do (control his lightsaber and what not). It makes sense to force chock from the onset.

Stigma
Probably Sidious.

KingD19
Originally posted by h1a8
He has basic knowledge of Magneto. He knows what Magneto can do (control his lightsaber and what not). It makes sense to force chock from the onset.

Magneto has basic knowledge of Sidious. He knows what he can do(use the Force and whatnot). It makes sense for him to activate his lightsaber while it's still on his belt and slice him with it from the onset.

ShadowFyre
Assuming he knows what the lightsaber is or how to activate it?

On the ropes on this one, mags is more powerful but can controlimited things, sidious is far more versatile though

KingD19
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Assuming he knows what the lightsaber is or how to activate it?

On the ropes on this one, mags is more powerful but can controlimited things, sidious is far more versatile though

They get the basics of what their opponent can do and their weapons. A lightsaber is pretty easy to figure out once you know what it is. You pull it out, you press a button, boom it's a lightsaber now. And Kylo showed how easy it is to activate it while someone else is in possession of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.