Prey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
apparently this his finished filming

https://www.joblo.com/new-predator-movie-finished-filming/

riv6672
Heard about this yesterday.
Fairly interested. I know some comics have featured Predators in the past but this is new ground for the movies.

BruceSkywalker
i hope his turns out to be good

Patient_Leech
As long as it goes out of its way to retcon The Predator (2018) I'm in.

Robtard
"tells the origin of the Predator with its first journey to Earth"

So this is about the same Predator who was in the 1984 film?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
As long as it goes out of its way to retcon The Predator (2018) I'm in.

That movie had such a shitshow of a production behind the scenes, I'm surprised it even managed to be completed

Originally posted by Robtard
"tells the origin of the Predator with its first journey to Earth"

So this is about the same Predator who was in the 1984 film?

Even before those events, This is going back to the Native American Indians before the Europeans showed up.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hope his turns out to be good

they never do no

predator, terminator, alien, and robocop should all be put to rest imho.

Kazenji
Could a mod rename the title to Prey

and here's the first teaser

7HGqcifonvs

Robtard
Obsidian tipped arrows and spears?

Predator's hunting a people with a technological level than shouldn't be able to do more than superficial damage to it. Doesn't sound very sportsmanlike to me.

Psychotron
Strong womyn warrior who defies gender stereotypes as the lead. Pass.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Psychotron
Strong womyn warrior who defies gender stereotypes as the lead. Pass. sounds hot to me. Amber Heard is playing the queen of the native American Amazon tribe in a steel bikini with a big leather whip... Or would be if I wrote it. shifty

Robtard
'Amazon tribe in a steel bikini with a big leather whip...'

Holy shit, I think Whirly is actually Roger Corman

Old Man Whirly!

Holy shit, I think Whirly is actually Roger Corman laughing out loud Ambers tears had the same effect on me as Elaan's did on Kirk.

Robtard
Yes, it was truly her tears that moved Kirk...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud Ambers tears had the same effect on me as Elaan's did on Kirk.

Can Amber actually cry tears? No one has actually seen it.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
sounds hot to me. Amber Heard is playing the queen of the native American Amazon tribe in a steel bikini with a big leather whip... Or would be if I wrote it. shifty

Well, when you put it like that. Amber was the only reason I watched Aquaman.

Old Man Whirly!

Holy shit, I think Whirly is actually Roger Corman how did I miss this... I wish and high praise, Corman is a ****ing genius. Is he still alive?

riv6672

Robtard
If shotgun blasts have trouble penetrating through Predator armor and skin, stone age tools will do all of two things, jack and shit and jack left town.

riv6672

Kazenji
Arnold had no trouble going Primitive, If he can take one down that way...then some native American Indian's can.

ShadowFyre
They are destroying the yautja. That last abomination of a movie was a slap in the face to brain cells period. An advanced race needs an autistic humans help building war machines to kill themselves? What a joke.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
They are destroying the yautja. That last abomination of a movie was a slap in the face to brain cells period. An advanced race needs an autistic humans help building war machines to kill themselves? What a joke.

You think that was a joke of a movie, Go look up all the bullshit that happened behind the scenes for it.

roughrider
This is what, the third reboot? After Predators and The Predator?

Still, I'm more interested in this that another attempt at reviving the Terminator.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Kazenji
You think that was a joke of a movie, Go look up all the bullshit that happened behind the scenes for it.

It will just piss me off probably im always I'm going to be hopeful though. Disney very well may save the franchise.

roughrider
It will just piss me off probably im always I'm going to be hopeful though. Disney very well may save the franchise.

People may hate on Disney domination, but there's no questioning the strong quality of its entertainment properties. It's the best of blockbuster movie making right now, their movies from the various divisions.

roughrider

The dumbest thing I ever saw in this franchise was the ending of Alien vs. Predator, where somehow the lead, deceased Predator gives birth to a Predalien. Because that facehugger that jumped on him never got past his faceplate armor. So WTF? What the f**k?

steverules_2

Robtard
Predators (2010) was decent, The Predator (2018) was hot garbage.

I expect this will be dirty ass.

roughrider
No. The Predator wakes up groggy, faceplate still on. And the facehugger is nowhere around.

Robtard
I remember it like Steve said, but it's been a long time since I've seen AvP.

Psychotron
Arnold had no trouble going Primitive, If he can take one down that way...then some native American Indian's can.

Comparing prime Arnold to some native girl is just ridiculous.

Kazenji
Comparing prime Arnold to some native girl is just ridiculous.

Because a native girl is harmful to your masculinity or some such bullshit.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by roughrider

Still, I'm more interested in this that another attempt at reviving the Terminator.

Same here, I'm interested in this movie...at least they're doing something different and new with the franchise. Also they've done similar idea's from the Dark Horse Pred comics too

with Terminator they need to move on from using Arnold and also John Connor at this point.

Patient_Leech
Predators (2010) was decent, The Predator (2018) was hot garbage.

I expect this will be dirty ass.

I agree on the first 2 accounts. But on the third, I don't think we've seen enough footage to make such a definitive judgment?

-Pr-
Because a native girl is harmful to your masculinity or some such bullshit.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, because in Predator Dutch was a special forces veteran that literally dropped a tree on the Predator.

I'm sure the movie will find a way around primitive arrows not being great against Predators, but Dutch was an elite soldier. He wasn't some hunter on the range.

Psychotron
Because a native girl is harmful to your masculinity or some such bullshit....

It's harmful to the movie's quality. The idea that some 110 lbs girl can go up against a 7' Predator with a bow and spear is absurd. Nobody wants this woke shit.

Originally posted by -Pr-
No, because in Predator Dutch was a special forces veteran that literally dropped a tree on the Predator.

I'm sure the movie will find a way around primitive arrows not being great against Predators, but Dutch was an elite soldier. He wasn't some hunter on the range.

Dutch also lost the fight. The Predator had him dead to rights and only gave him another chance with that H2H fight, which led to the trap and the Predator's death, out of arrogance.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-

And yet Tarzan took on one too maybe that's more in the primitive range

i'm just gonna wait until the film is out, Before making judgements.

Patient_Leech
i'm just gonna wait until the film is out, Before making judgements.

Right?

Or at least until a trailer is released that's longer than 40 sec and shows more than one scene...

It's weird to me that everyone is jumping on this so hard with a teaser that shows so little.

Psychotron
It's a direct-to-streaming movie that will likely be cut down to PG-13. That's already enough to turn me off without the silly indian setting or the tough action girl nonsense.

Robtard
^ This guy's really playing the 'delicate sensitive male' angle hard.

Robtard
I agree on the first 2 accounts. But on the third, I don't think we've seen enough footage to make such a definitive judgment?

That's fair enough, but I'm going with trends, this franchise seems to be on a downward slide and the last film as noted was pure shit.

Now if this is decent like Predator 2 (1992) and Predators (2010), awesome, or great like Predator (1987), even better. But I think it's very unlikely.

Psychotron
^ This guy's really playing the 'delicate sensitive male' angle hard.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley are two of my favourite characters.

Kazenji
That's fair enough, but I'm going with trends, this franchise seems to be on a downward slide and the last film as noted was pure shit.

Now if this is decent like Predator 2 (1992) and Predators (2010), awesome, or great like Predator (1987), even better. But I think it's very unlikely.

Also how The Predator (2018) was handled and also turned out, This franchise is probably gonna be a Hulu thing for a while, Until it earns its right to be back in cinema

same thing has happened for Alien even the next one of those is gonna be on Hulu.

Robtard
Also how The Predator (2018) was handled and also turned out, This franchise is probably gonna be a Hulu thing for a while, Until it earns its right to be back in cinema

same thing has happened for Alien even the next one of those is gonna be on Hulu.

Had no idea Alien had another installment in the works. Thanks thumb up

Though Alien: Covenant despite seemingly killing off the most interesting aspect of the franchise early in, the Engineers, it ended with some promise. David being his creepoid self.

Patient_Leech
This thread needs a renaming.

It doesn't look terrible in my opinion. You don't want an attempt at some convoluted story (that's where The Predator went horribly wrong). You just want a cool setting and set pieces. Could be decent.

Wbf_J1Id9_o

Patient_Leech
Could it potentially be a prequel with this guy's ancestors...?

Robtard
Could it potentially be a prequel with this guy's ancestors...?

Dude, stop being a "ist", Billy was (half) Sioux and these characters are Comanche. FFS, do you even Native, bro?

Patient_Leech
Haha.. uh, if that's true then I apologize. I'm not familiar with such details.

Bashar Teg
missed an opportunity to say "so siouxe me, dickhead"

Robtard
Haha.. uh, if that's true then I apologize. I'm not familiar with such details.

Dude, was just ****ing with ya stick out tongue

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

^That

riv6672

It doesn't look terrible in my opinion. You don't want an attempt at some convoluted story (that's where The Predator went horribly wrong). You just want a cool setting and set pieces. Could be decent.

Wbf_J1Id9_o
^^^Looks dope. thumb up

cdtm
apparently this his finished filming

https://www.joblo.com/new-predator-movie-finished-filming/

Sounds like another story that never needee to be told.

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Looks dope. thumb up

Huh.

Maybe I'm being too hard on it. I should see it and try and enjoy it and ***** about it later.

Lets see what this is about:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/beBy7w1gklos0/giphy.webp

carthage
Looks great.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
Sounds like another story that never needee to be told.

Typical...always late to the party

as for this movie, I"m looking forward to it

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

laughing out loud

Psychotron

Wbf_J1Id9_o

Wow, this looks like ASS. I can't wait to see a 90 lbs girl, which was helpless against bear, defeat a goddamn Predator. I thought that pencil-necked geek from the Pianist taking out a super Predator was bad enough but now this? Looks like anyone can kill Predators at this point.

Also, could they have come up with a more boring historic setting? We could have had a Predator vs. samurai, vikings, knights, pirates, a Predator in WW2 etc, but we get this? Who cares about indians?

riv6672
I should see it and try and enjoy it and ***** about it later.

^^^Why start now, though?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/beBy7w1gklos0/giphy.webp
^^^Much better!

I wonder if those were French trappers in the trailer.
The era would be about right, I think.

Patient_Leech
Wow, this looks like ASS. I can't wait to see a 90 lbs girl, which was helpless against bear, defeat a goddamn Predator. I thought that pencil-necked geek from the Pianist taking out a super Predator was bad enough but now this? Looks like anyone can kill Predators at this point.

Adrien Brody was awesome. I don't get that hate.

The rest, eh, fair opinion. But I think we just have to see how it plays out.

ShadowFyre
I feel like at this point something drastic has to happen with movies in general like they're destroying everything I love and I hate them. Not every single thing in life has to be about being gay or about how men are bad . Sostupid

riv6672

^^^Royce is the first Brody character I can actually remember liking.

Robtard
Predators (2010) is the second best film in the franhise, imo. Also, while Broly is a thinner guy, he bulked up a bit for that role and was good as Royce, the mercenary with a conscience.

riv6672

cdtm
Oh yeah, 1 is top tier any way you slice it.

I need to rewatch 2, but for me the first AVP was a decent Predator film, that happened to have Aliens in it.

AVP 2 gets bonus points for being a stealth Critters movie. Seriously, aliens come to Earth, bounty Hunter comes and wrecks shit, everyone dies. Same concept.

Psychotron

The rest, eh, fair opinion. But I think we just have to see how it plays out.

Well, credit where credit is due, Brody got in shape for the role, but I felt he was miscast. Still, Predators was the last good movie in the franchise.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, Predators is awesome. I just didn't like the stupid attempt at a twist at the end. But other than that it's pretty great. It's solid. I'm still disappointed they never did a direct sequel for it.

Kazenji

AVP 2 gets bonus points for being a stealth Critters movie. Seriously, aliens come to Earth, bounty Hunter comes and wrecks shit, everyone dies. Same concept.

Shame that you couldn't see shit in that movie at times...

Predators (2010) was good, It even got somewhat of a continuation in a one-shot comic. Has the two survivors dealing with a four-Armed Predator.

riv6672
^^^LOL! Upvote! eek!

Robtard
Shame that you couldn't see shit in that movie at times...

Predators (2010) was good, It even got somewhat of a continuation in a one-shot comic. Has the two survivors dealing with a four-Armed Predator.

And just when you thought Predators couldn't get more deadly... the four-armed variety comes around. Dun-dun-duuun!

riv6672
The director decided to leave out a previously seen weapon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/prey-director-decided-not-to-include-an-iconic-weapon-because-it-s-too-much-of-an-instant-win-button/ar-AAYiMXb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=cef0836c94eb43589c11f3e74590d339

I wont miss it.
Never really seemed sporting that the Preds would have a weapon like that since theyre all about honor and purity of the hunt etc.
Its like a human going bow hunting for deer...and having a .50 cal off to the side just in case the deer proves to be dangerous.

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Deer sounds right. I mean it's a plasma caster..

And I am down for this movie I think. I feel like the Director gets the yautja at least. And I can deal with some pandering. I'm a pretty big Pred fan and I have not been happy with all this ridiculous super pred bullshit

BruceSkywalker
i have 0001 percent this turns out good but at least i can watch it on hulu

Patient_Leech
An interview and an image of the Predator from behind...

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/07/13/the-feral-predator-stalks-sfx-magazine-with-new-prey-interviews-production-stills/amp/

Kazenji

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/07/13/the-feral-predator-stalks-sfx-magazine-with-new-prey-interviews-production-stills/amp/

The images aren't showing on that link

try this one

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/07/13/the-feral-predator-stalks-sfx-magazine-with-new-prey-interviews-production-stills/

also i read somewhere with AVP 2: Requiem on Disney+ they brighten it up so its not so ****en dark. Not sure if its true or not.

riv6672
^^^Nice.
The Pred looks badass in that pic. thumb up

Robtard

You would be looking for rear view shots of a Predator, you pervert.

But that looks very cool, the hair is noticeably different than the few very thick strands we're usually shown.

Patient_Leech
You would be looking for rear view shots of a Predator, you pervert.

You know what... my sexual fantasies are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Don't fetish-shame me!

Estacado
This is getting a lot of positive reviews.

Some call it the Best Predator movie.

Cant wait...

Robtard
I'm still expecting trash, but if it's fun trash, that will be okay.

Now the best Predator movie? I think there's effectively a 0% chance it's better than Predator (1987). But if it's up there with Predator 2 or Predators, awesome.

Also still having a giggle at the people who have zero problems suspending reality over a super alien hunting people, but freak out because a Native American woman is a hunter/warrior.

Patient_Leech
Also still having a giggle at the people who have zero problems suspending reality over a super alien hunting people, but freak out because a Native American woman is a hunter/warrior.

Those sorts of snowflake Conservatives are super triggered by women in films, especially if they have darker skin and can fill roles typically thought of as masculine. Humans can't survive with their big brains, only big muscles like Ahnold, doncha know.

Patient_Leech
I will say, though, that I would like to see a group of humans have to put their brains together to survive Predator(s). Human collaboration is how many of our great accomplishments have been possible, after all. If they do another one-on-one show-down it's going to feel like just another appeal to member berries.

Robtard
Those sorts of snowflake Conservatives are super triggered by women in films, especially if they have darker skin and can fill roles typically thought of as masculine. Humans can't survive with their big brains, only big muscles like Ahnold, doncha know.

Honestly, a solid ass-kicking would probably do them some good.

jaden_2.0
Humans can't survive with their big brains, only big muscles like Ahnold, doncha know.

Fat old Danny Glover held his own too tbf.

riv6672

Patient_Leech

riv6672

riv6672

Patient_Leech

riv6672

playa1258
Aww Ronda Rousey probably the most overrated fighter in the history of the UFC.

BruceSkywalker
i'll watch this but not expecting some great story of john wayne versus indians lmao

Kazenji
That's still fat according to some nerds these days, They expect actor's to look like Star-lord in GOTG 1.

riv6672

Kazenji
Nope, its not just me

but whatever's crawled up your ass, Not sure why your all cranky now

unwilling to concede a point?...i didn't start any debate with you. So STFU.

NemeBro

riv6672
Nope, its not just me

but whatever's crawled up your ass, Not sure why your all cranky now

unwilling to concede a point?...i didn't start any debate with you. So STFU.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/B1pANeU1BTfhsERKQS/giphy.gif

BruceSkywalker
gonna watch friday after dinner.. hope its good but not expecting much

ares834

riv6672

ShadowFyre
I got to watch it early. so the trailers are really misleading. Spoilers ahead

It's actually a female predator. It only hunts straight white men. They band together and kill only the straight white invaders and set free all the people oppressed by them. There is no plasma caster, it shoots a lethal shot of estrogen.

The main character mows down twenty to thirty men in unarmed combat while severely weakened from oppression. The men were amped by hatred.

Just kidding though. I like the trailers a lot. I have a feeling this is gonna be a good one

Kazenji
At least use a the ****en spoiler tags, Dickhead.

Robtard
Jokes aside, what if this Predator is a female of their race and why the hair-like appendages look different?

Estacado
All the reviews I watched so far have been nothing but positive.

I hope they are right.

BruceSkywalker
im watching this tomorrow but i hope its good and has great violence

Estacado
I thought this was good.

First 30 minutes was kinda flat but after that I enjoyed it.

ShadowFyre
Jokes aside, what if this Predator is a female of their race and why the hair-like appendages look different?

They are much bigger supposedly but it would be cool to see one

Robtard
They are much bigger supposedly but it would be cool to see one

Is that set lore, that the species is like spiders where the females are larger/more powerful, or fanfic?

Robtard
So this just wasn't very good.

All the actors where bland and uninteresting, l didn't care about any of them, except the lead's cute dog.

CGI for some of the animals was just really bad.

Predator looked great in this(imo), seemed more savage and animistic. You want to cheer for him at times.

Some of the action was good, eg the scene where the Predator curbstomps the White poachers and the bear fight

But as a whole I found myself bored many a scene. I might watch this one more time with a couple friends, but it's not Predator (1987) or Predators (2010) where I can watch it over and over and it's still fun.

Patient_Leech
^ Rob didn't call it "dirty ass." 😳

Sounds like an endorsement to me!

Robtard
There's just enough fun/cool parts to rise it up above the "dirty ass" bad category, this is true,

Old Man Whirly!
Watching now, just got home from Bullet Train.

Patient_Leech
" dirty ass."

-Robtard

This is probably the closest we'll get to a rousing recommendation from Rob, ladies and gentlemen!

I'm now officially looking forward to watching this! 😳😳

Old Man Whirly!
Enjoyable 6.5/10

Nuke Nixon
It was certainly better than a lot of the Predator movies.

I like that Naru was smart enough to use the Pred's tech against it.
Because realistically that's the only way to defeat it.
Seeing as it was easy peasy for it to annihilate the Trapper guys.

GG for the Bear, it gave a good fight.

DeadpoolXXX
the grizzly could have won if it didnt get cocky.

carthage
In terms of a story it was fast moving to me at least. We saw the direct entry of the Yautja, how it built up its hunt from animals to humans, and the fight scenes were great. I also loved how its own hunt mirrored that of Naru, so even for its brief run time there were a lot of cool themes.The fight scene with the Bear and Naru's plot to bring the Yautja down were also crafy and well done. The cinematography as well (Wide shots of the planes, the volcanic ash scene where the Canadian trappers were baiting the Yautja, as well as the final scenes were all well done. It was just as bloody as the original while crafting a new story as well. IMO its earned all of the glowing reviews and easily is just as good as the original 9/10

jaden_2.0
The word "Yautja" has got to be the single shittiest, dumbest piece of fan fiction garbage ever to take hold in any franchise from any medium and it should be eradicated entirely from the Predator lexicon.

carthage
Ok lets just call them Fishnet dread men

BruceSkywalker
watched this and got done watching. this is better than i thought it would be. story wise was easy to follow since Naru is clearly the main character. The basketball player did a decent job as the predator., but he should've killed more people. 6/10

Estacado
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX

Nah...he got decked in 1 shot...

Patient_Leech
Watched it, was pretty good. Enjoyed that it was appropriately violent.

Did anyone have English subs on the spoken French? I didn't.

Probably wasn't entirely necessary, but was a little frustrating.

Old Man Whirly!

Probably wasn't entirely necessary, but was a little frustrating. no, I didn't.

riv6672
This movie was fun af. Def. going to watch it again.

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by Estacado
Nah...he got decked in 1 shot...
^^^Yeah, that bear had no chance.

Patient_Leech
I liked the design on the Predator. He looked more badass instead of an awkward, "ugly motherf#cker."

BruceSkywalker

nope Leetch but I might when I watch it again

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/2Z6js60/FB-IMG-16598129376634923.jpg

^ any true to this?

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

^ any true to this?

Yeah, it's the true-true.

I really liked Predators, too, though.

(The Predator is steaming, laughable shit.)

Kazenji

(The Predator is steaming, laughable shit.)

Don't look up what happened behind the scenes then, It'll make you want to punch a wall

watched this movie today myself, Excellent film. Return to form for the Predator movie franchise.

Patient_Leech
Don't look up what happened behind the scenes then, It'll make you want to punch a wall.

Do tell. Or link.

Old Man Whirly!
It's 3 on my list behind 1 and 2.

Kazenji
Do tell. Or link.

kmc4KHIsxrg

BruceSkywalker
gonna rewatch this tomorrow or wednesday and then predators

Robtard

I downloaded to watch it early and I turned on the subs for the French parts. I don't think you missed much.

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/2Z6js60/FB-IMG-16598129376634923.jpg

^ any true to this?

It's not better than 1, 2 and Predators.

Likely 4th for me though, as I did enjoy it was set in a different time period.

tkitna
I liked it. I thought it was the best one since the first.

Inedian
Far worse than first two and also Predators was better. That little girl looks she couldn't hurt a fly. Actually it's one of the worst movies i have seen, complete garbage.

Patient_Leech
Thanks, Kaz. Will watch when I get a chance.

Meanwhile, a really insightful review...

8TWb7qw11wE

Robtard
So PL, was this Predator sexy enough for you from the rear?

StiltmanFTW
Leech is not satisfied unless the film has pre-stereo (mono) sound, CGI generated by Windows 95 and theatrical release only in North Korea.

Patient_Leech
So PL, was this Predator sexy enough for you from the rear?

I mean, it was pretty good. I only came like... 2 or maybe 3 times if you count the anal leakage. smokin'

Robtard
Don't thing cumfarts count.

Stilt, do cumfarts count?

Psychotron
Just saw it. Absolute garbage. The ending there where the Predator shoots himself in the head was beyond idiotic.

Robtard
Now we need a story showing how the Predator known as 'Greyback" gets possession of the 1715 flintlock pistol he gives to Harrigan in Predator 2.

(Yes Stilt, I know there's a comic covering that, but Prey has now seemingly done away with that canon)

Old Man Whirly!
Just saw it. Absolute garbage. The ending there where the Predator shoots himself in the head was beyond idiotic. oh Fly.

riv6672

Kazenji
Bennett Taylor who played Raphael Adolini in this film would like to reprise his role in a prequel to this film involving pirates

they also did comic from Dark Horse involving that character 'Predator: 1718'

Psychotron

Patient_Leech
Bennett Taylor who played Raphael Adolini in this film would like to reprise his role in a prequel to this film involving pirates

they also did comic from Dark Horse involving that character 'Predator: 1718'

Oh man. Predator and pirates. Shut up and take my money!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>