What's a position you hold that may surprise others?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
I am opposed to Corporate Welfare.

I support M4A.

I'm pro-choice.

I support marriage equality.

Impediment
I ❤️ Trump.
Pro-choice.
Pro-death penalty.
Pro-LGBT.
Pro-capitalism.
Pro-deportation for illegals.
There are not more than two genders.
Caitlyn Jenner is a man with breast implants.
Anti-racism.
George Floyd is not a martyr, but what happened to him was bullshit.
Anti-PETA.
Veterans are awesome.
Pro-Second Amendment and proud gun owner.
Avowed atheist. F*ck all religion.
Diet Dr Pepper is the best soda.
Godfather I >>> Godfather II
F*ck Joe Biden.

-Pr-
I really like the idea of this thread, but feel like I don't have anything to contribute that would be that surprising.

Still, I'm looking forward to reading other people's posts.

ArtificialGlory
I think people should have to undergo careful testing and examination before being allowed to have children.

eThneoLgrRnae
Only thing can think of that would actually surprise people is the fact that I DO actually believe in climate change. As in the climate has always been changing since the creation of the earth and man has very little impact on it. wink

Oh, I also absolutely care about people having clean air and water. Very important, imo. I only point that out because many misinformed leftists think conservatives don't actually care about stuff like that.. so very wrong they are.

Old Man Whirly!
Don't like Trump
Pro-choice.
Not keen on the Death Penalty
Pro Woman's rights
Believe the working class get shafted, especially working class boys and young men.
Hate racism and Believe good and bad people are everywhere
Like to give people chances and Believe few are beyond redemption
No one is completely good and few people are completely bad
Hate nationalism
Pro-LGBT.
Pro-capitalism but not unfettered capitalism, I believe in safety nets, social care and unions.
I'm not a green but I do think we need to worry about Environmental damage and act.
Pro vaxxer
Believe gender is complex
Some veterans are awesome, some are far from it.
Own a shotgun in the UK and a shotgun in Nigeria.
Avowed atheist. F*ck all religion. But I believe if it doesn't hurt others people can believe what they want. I also think in some situations religion is a good thing.
Diet Dr Pepper is possibly the best Soda apart from really good Australian Ginger Beer
F*ck Trump, but **** Boris harder.
The greatest comic book of all time is Miracleman #15

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really like the idea of this thread, but feel like I don't have anything to contribute that would be that surprising.

Aquaman can be cool.

Blakemore
I like guns 😂

Klaw
Originally posted by Impediment
I ❤️ Trump.
Pro-death penalty.
Pro-capitalism.
Pro-deportation for illegals.
There are not more than two genders.
Caitlyn Jenner is a man with breast implants.
Veterans are awesome.
Pro-Second Amendment and proud gun owner.
Diet Dr Pepper is the best soda.
F*ck Joe Biden.

Wow, I'm actually surprised.

Klaw
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I think people should have to undergo careful testing and examination before being allowed to have children.

Why, and how would you enforce this?

Klaw

I'd like to hear some things from you.

jaden_2.0
I supported Brexit but think the powers that be have handled it as incompetently as is humanly possible.

I thought George W Bush enacted some truly transformational foreign policy in Africa.

I think that Obama was pretty ineffectual as President.

I don't care either way about transgender politics though I do think allowing people born male to compete in female sports is stupid and even dangerous.

I don't care either way about abortion.

I think that the "culture war" is the most mind-numbingly retarded sh1t ever.

I think the goal of every country's government should be to maximise the quality of life for the maximum number of their citizens.

I think trial by jury is utterly moronic as the average "jury of peers" has little to no understanding of the legal arguments or the evidence they are presented with.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I supported Brexit but think the powers that be have handled it as incompetently as is humanly possible.

I thought George W Bush enacted some truly transformational foreign policy in Africa.

I think that Obama was pretty ineffectual as President.

I don't care either way about transgender politics though I do think allowing people born male to compete in female sports is stupid and even dangerous.

I don't care either way about abortion.

I think that the "culture war" is the most mind-numbingly retarded sh1t ever.

I think the goal of every country's government should be to maximise the quality of life for the maximum number of their citizens.

I think trial by jury is utterly moronic as the average "jury of peers" has little to no understanding of the legal arguments or the evidence they are presented with. I believe Tony Blair also did a lot of good in Africa not least dealing with Ebola on the Ivory Coast.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Aquaman can be cool.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Klaw
I'd like to hear some things from you.

I mean, sure?

-I find both Trump and Biden to be incredibly dislikable. Just like most of the rest of their particular parties that I've seen. Though I dislike most politicians as a rule, given the kind of people it attracts.
-I'm pro choice for both men and women.
-I'm in favour of equal rights, including marriage rights.
-I'm in favour of countries taking in refugees and immigrants, but only what they can handle. I think any kind of open border is a dumb move.
-I think anyone that doubts climate change hasn't been paying attention to the world at large. That said, anyone that expects me to believe that I should give up the occasional Big Mac while corporations continue to act with impunity can **** right off.
-I think anyone that whines about wanting things to go "back to normal", but refuses to wear a mask or follow basic guidelines is a coward.
-I have no issue with the principle of Brexit, but it's been handled horribly and now Boris and Nigel have been shown up for the liars they are. And normal people are suffering every day.

Nothing majorly surprising I'm sure.

Bashar Teg

that's the dumbest shit I've ever read on kmc thumb down

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that's the dumbest shit I've ever read on kmc thumb down I'm going with him on this Bash, you have two dumb dumb here. smile

Klaw

This one surprises me, care to explain?

Blakemore
I've only seen 1

-Pr-
This one surprises me, care to explain?

While I believe that women should have the right to terminate up to a certain point, I believe men should have the right to not be obligated to care for a child that they had no desire to have in the first place.

The problem is that our society has an absolutely massive issue with a lot of young boys/men growing up without strong, male role-models. Part of that is due to deadbeat fathers and vindictive mothers, sure, but there are other factors. Like, say, growing up in a home with parents that never wanted the child in the first place.

I have to believe there's a middle-ground somewhere.

Old Man Whirly!
While I believe that women should have the right to terminate up to a certain point, I believe men should have the right to not be obligated to care for a child that they had no desire to have in the first place.

The problem is that our society has an absolutely massive issue with a lot of young boys/men growing up without strong, male role-models. Part of that is due to deadbeat fathers and vindictive mothers, sure, but there are other factors. Like, say, growing up in a home with parents that never wanted the child in the first place.

I have to believe there's a middle-ground somewhere. it would be pretty difficult to disagree with any of that.

Blakemore

I have to believe there's a middle-ground somewhere. Sarah Connor said to skeleton Schwarzenegger" you're terminated ****er!" So, yeah, they can.

Eon Blue

samhain
I prefer Temple Of Doom to Raiders Of The Lost Ark, both are great but there, I said it.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I'm going with him on this Bash, you have two dumb dumb here. smile

to put one so far above the other makes no sense. it's two halves of the same epic (with a bastard 3rd episode that we won't discuss).
to summarize:

"godfather 1 > 2" = reasonable response
"godfather 2 > 1" = also reasonable (my opinion)
"they both suck" = reasonable as well. some people just don't like it
"godfather 1 >>>>>>> 2" = dur

Old Man Whirly!
to put one so far above the other makes no sense. it's two halves of the same epic (with a bastard 3rd episode that we won't discuss).
to summarize:

"godfather 1 > 2" = reasonable response
"godfather 2 > 1" = also reasonable (my opinion)
"they both suck" = reasonable as well. some people just don't like it
"godfather 1 >>>>>>> 2" = dur laughing out loud fair play to Eon/Klaw on a good natured thread even if Broly maybe using it for his "files".

Blakemore
I've never seen part 2 so idk

Impediment

Bashar Teg
no more shines, imp. maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. they didn't go up there and tell you. i don't shine shoes anymore.

Klaw
Originally posted by Blakemore
I like guns 😂

Do you own any?

And do you think people should be able to?

Raptor22
laughing out loud

I mean, sure?

-I find both Trump and Biden to be incredibly dislikable. Just like most of the rest of their particular parties that I've seen. Though I dislike most politicians as a rule, given the kind of people it attracts.
-I'm in favour of equal rights, including marriage rights.
-I'm in favour of countries taking in refugees and immigrants, but only what they can handle. I think any kind of open border is a dumb move.
-I think anyone that doubts climate change hasn't been paying attention to the world at large. That said, anyone that expects me to believe that I should give up the occasional Big Mac while corporations continue to act with impunity can **** right off.
-I think anyone that whines about wanting things to go "back to normal", but refuses to wear a mask or follow basic guidelines is a coward.
-I have no issue with the principle of Brexit, but it's been handled horribly and now Boris and Nigel have been shown up for the liars they are. And normal people are suffering every day.

Nothing majorly surprising I'm sure. im a bit surprised.

With u being Irish i assumed all of your positions would somehow revolve around the phrase "Act right before u get smacked right".

Impediment
no more shines, imp. maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. they didn't go up there and tell you. i don't shine shoes anymore.

🤣

Part II is legendary, but Brando seals the deal for Part I being superior.

Newjak
Probably the biggest one for me is that I feel the main news media outlets are too geared towards sensationalism for ratings and to fill the 24/7 news cycle and we need a way to remove that from them.

My biggest problems with the conservative outlook on this is that they confuse ratings grabs for political bias. The truth is while things like CNN MSNBC do try to play up certain things they still approach the journalistic process the same for each story.

Most conservative news outlets don't do that and just put whatever the conservative narrative is at the time even if it contradicts previous ways they've put forth news before.

You can see this in the way the Andrew Cuomo and Brett Kavanaugh stories were handled by conservative news outlets vs everyone else.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by samhain
I prefer Temple Of Doom to Raiders Of The Lost Ark, both are great but there, I said it.

She had the nerve to sing that song in Mandarin.

Blakemore
Do you own any?

And do you think people should be able to? people should be able to if they're mentally well, I don't own guns. I'm not mentally well lol 🤣

Eon Blue
people should be able to if they're mentally well, I don't own guns. I'm not mentally well lol 🤣

I truly hope you receive the help you need, friend.

samhain
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
She had the nerve to sing that song in Mandarin.

What happens in Club Obi-Wan stays in Club Obi-Wan.

Blakemore

tru-marvell
I believe in God....to observe life, physics, and come away with this was all happenstance is utter foolishness to me.
I believe in personal responsibility...stop whining about shit and get off your ass and make the best of what you have (not saying there are not built in inequalities)
I believe in consequences...even though we may not immediately see/recognize/accept...consequences are real
I believe DC has gone way too far with Superman's powerset
There's male and female...full stop...if/when a female is seriously injured/killed while competing against a man then it's societies fault, (not sure what that means but...)
I believe I need to get to back to work now...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Raptor22
im a bit surprised.

With u being Irish i assumed all of your positions would somehow revolve around the phrase "Act right before u get smacked right".

Are they not?

Blakemore
Pr loves to have a good brawl with his mates. The winner gets a free Porter Guinness!

Raptor22
Are they not? lol

Impediment
PlayStation >>> Xbox.

Much better exclusives.

Blakemore
Like using your ericson phone as a remote for your play station?

Klaw
Originally posted by Newjak
Probably the biggest one for me is that I feel the main news media outlets are too geared towards sensationalism for ratings and to fill the 24/7 news cycle and we need a way to remove that from them.

My biggest problems with the conservative outlook on this is that they confuse ratings grabs for political bias. The truth is while things like CNN MSNBC do try to play up certain things they still approach the journalistic process the same for each story.

Most conservative news outlets don't do that and just put whatever the conservative narrative is at the time even if it contradicts previous ways they've put forth news before.

You can see this in the way the Andrew Cuomo and Brett Kavanaugh stories were handled by conservative news outlets vs everyone else.

None of this is surprising.

eThneoLgrRnae
PlayStation >>> Xbox.

Much better exclusives.

On that we agree. The playstation trophy system is also infinitely better than xbox's achievement system.

eThneoLgrRnae
None of this is surprising.

thumb up

Actually, a lot of the stuff people have been posting is not really surprising to me.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
thumb up

Actually, a lot of the stuff people have been posting is not really surprising to me. Expand Ethneo, what do you mean?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Newjak

That might have been the case in the past, no longer accurate.

Blakemore
Expand Ethneo, what do you mean? he likes Spider-Man

Adam_PoE
What happens in Club Obi-Wan stays in Club Obi-Wan.

Anything Goes!

eThneoLgrRnae
he likes Spider-Man

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please explain what that has to do with anything.

How many beers you had today?

Blakemore
Anything Goes! except for qui-gon, he died.

Robtard
I like guns. I don't own any though.

NemeBro
I don't give a single ****ing shit about gun control.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
I like guns. I don't own any though. I enjoy shooting shotguns and here having one for house protection is a good idea. This isn't the UK or US. Security problems here are next level.

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm surprised you even know how lol.

Blakemore
Well is live in the uk so a gun is good for shooting birds. For food!

Adam_PoE
except for qui-gon, he died.

3DeURx3mYck

Old Man Whirly!
I'm surprised you even know how lol. Why Ethneo?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
That might have been the case in the past, no longer accurate. What do you base that on mate?

Blakemore
Al gore invented the internet!

eThneoLgrRnae
Why Ethneo?

Because of the way you negatively talk about peoples' gun rights and say the 2nd amendment should be done away with. It's only natural to assume as a result of that that you are afraid of them and want nothing to do with them.

Blakemore
Who are them?

Old Man Whirly!
Because of the way you negatively talk about peoples' gun rights and say the 2nd amendment should be done away with. It's only natural to assume as a result of that that you are afraid of them and want nothing to do with them. Ahh, I am not fan of the number of guns or the lax gun laws in the US, it's pretty difficult to get a shotgun license in the UK these days thankfully.

Bashar Teg
🤣

Part II is legendary, but Brando seals the deal for Part I being superior.

https://i.imgur.com/o5NrAAq.gif

eThneoLgrRnae
Ahh, I am not fan of the number of guns or the lax gun laws in the US, it's pretty difficult to get a shotgun license in the UK these days thankfully.

Yeah, I know you're not a fan and that's what I'm talking about.

It seemed like you have a disgust for guns and wouldn't want anything to do with them. So yeah, it kinda surprised me that you actually know how to use s shotgun.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, I know you're not a fan and that's what I'm talking about.

It seemed like you have a disgust for guns and wouldn't want anything to do with them. So yeah, it kinda surprised me that you actually know how to use s shotgun. I know how to use a lot of guns. It is what it is.

Turkminastan
UbKIm6-PMUQ

Turkminastan
Buncha fuskin autistic gals

Blakemore
Guns, f yeah!

samhain
Anything Goes!

thumb up

Impediment
https://i.imgur.com/o5NrAAq.gif

What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?

Blakemore

Bashar Teg
What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?

be my friend...modfather

Blakemore
Aww

Stringer
Well, I believe in the soul... the cock...the pussy... the small of a woman's back... the hangin' curveball... high fiber... good scotch... that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent overrated crap... I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a Constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve, and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. Goodnight.

Blakemore

Klaw
I don't care what bathroom you use.

Blakemore
Bash is a weirdo. Hahaha. Joke.

Eon Blue
Hi, Blake.

Blakemore
Hi.

Eon Blue

Blakemore
Thanks klaw, I mean, eon.

Eon Blue
Thanks klaw, I mean, eon.

laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
I don't care what bathroom you use.

The parents of little kids certainly have a right to be concerned when some big hairy dude who identifies as "female" wants to share a bathroom with their kids.

Robtard
"Big hairy dudes" who identify as "male" can already share public bathrooms with children, it happens everyday across America's millions of public restrooms. So you're implying that transgender people are inherently pedos and perverts. You should do better for yourself, Ethneo.

Blakemore

eThneoLgrRnae
The parents of little kids certainly have a right to be concerned when some big hairy dude who identifies as "female" wants to share a bathroom with their kids.

*with their little daughters* I meant.

Robtard
Because little boys are not the victims of sexual assault?

eThneoLgrRnae
Sorry, but it's sick if you think that is perfectly acceptable.

Old Man Whirly!
Sorry, but it's sick if you think that is perfectly acceptable. oh Methneo were you setting a trap roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
These Rightist are a weird lot.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
These Rightist are a weird lot. Machinations in Machinations... I can't keep up with their 165iq point brains... shifty

Klaw
Sorry, but it's sick if you think that is perfectly acceptable.

If people are that concerned, the parent(s) can go into the bathroom with their daughter(s).

Klaw
A business that can't and/or won't pay a living wage to all of its employees, shouldn't be in business.

rudester
Did anyone say missionary position yet?

eThneoLgrRnae
If people are that concerned, the parent(s) can go into the bathroom with their daughter(s).

What about men calling themselves women who want to go into women's locker rooom and shower with them? You ok with that?

You do remember the recent case of that pervert who actually did that and the management of the place of business allowed it to happen, right?

It made one woman (a black woman) really mad that they allowed it and she recorded her conversation with the manager over it.

Blakemore

ilikecomics
A business that can't and/or won't pay a living wage to all of its employees, shouldn't be in business.

This sure surprised me. That's some commie gobbly gook.

Dhdh
IYiby4-XYkc

samhain
I think Kerouac is overrated.

Dhdh
yquPfW2NeaM

ilikecomics
I think Kerouac is overrated.

This is a good opinion, not a shocking position.

samhain
Originally posted by ilikecomics
This is a good opinion, not a shocking position.

I know but given that nobody really knows anyone else on here, shocking positions are few and far between.

Dhdh
rptQdQJDH5E

BackFire
Despite the fact that I have murdered hundreds, I am against the death penalty.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by BackFire
Despite the fact that I have murdered hundreds, I am against the death penalty.

Literal or figurative? :3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.