What books would make great film or TV?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/throwback-thursday-julian-mays-the-pliocene-exile-is-greater-than-a-game-of-thrones/

I agree with Barnes and noble, with Foundation (which I am enjoying on TV) and Dune coming in film, isn't it time the saga of exiles made it to a screen?

ArtificialGlory
The sci-fi works by George R. R. Martin or Iain M. Banks would be interesting to see be adapted into movies and/or TV shows.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The sci-fi works by George R. R. Martin or Iain M. Banks would be interesting to see be adapted into movies and/or TV shows. I don't disagree, I'd love to see the Culture on screen. Ship minds, orbitals etc.

I think Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever would be awesome, especially if they looked at Lord Fouls influence in this world.

samhain
Always wanted to see a film adaptation of We, the Russian novel, even though I'm not too sure it'd translate well to the screen, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time as well, it's sort of heart-warming and a bit sad at the same time. The comic book series 100 Bullets seems like it was written with the hope of it becoming a TV show in mind and I hope it does, excellent read.

samhain
Saga Of The Exiles has been planned for a while but seems to be stuck in a kind of limbo for the last 5 years, same with the planned Mega-City One show.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by samhain
Always wanted to see a film adaptation of We, the Russian novel, even though I'm not too sure it'd translate well to the screen, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time as well, it's sort of heart-warming and a bit sad at the same time. The comic book series 100 Bullets seems like it was written with the hope of it becoming a TV show in mind and I hope it does, excellent read. never read we, read the others mind and solid choices. I did not know that about the saga of exiles.

I still think Slaine and Miracleman would be good on screen and different for comics.

jaden_2.0
Vatican Bloodbath by Tommy Udo

Wonder Man

Klaw
I've always thought the Infinity Gauntlet from Marvel Comics would be a cool story.

But to do it right, they'd need to do it over the course of a few years with multiple movies to build up.

Wonder Man

Wonder Man
Maybe The Hood organizing villans against Misty Knight running control.

snowdragon
I always thought Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony would have made a good netflix type series probably amazon series they are grittier.

Or some of his early books from the Xanth series.

Wonder Man
Originally posted by snowdragon
I always thought Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony would have made a good netflix type series probably amazon series they are grittier.

Or some of his early books from the Xanth series.
Definitely. I think magic 🪄 is regenerative. A simple way to associate levels of abilities.

BackFire
I would love to see Blood Meridian actually be made into a movie. It would be very difficult but in the hands of a talented film maker able to do the book justice it could be brilliant.

Impediment
An anthology movie of short stories by Richard Matheson.

Galan007
The Oracle Year.

roughrider
Someone needs to revisit the horror work of F. Paul Wilson. His novel The Keep got adapted into a movie by Michael Mann in 1983, but it got butchered in the editing and post production and bombed. It's part of a long series of books he did, all connected and spanning generations. I think a lengthy Netflix series would do it justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(Wilson_novel)

ilikecomics
The books of magic would be a cool series.

tru-marvell
Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever would be a good Netflix series...only Thomas is such a whinny *****...though the other characters are top notch

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by roughrider
Someone needs to revisit the horror work of F. Paul Wilson. His novel The Keep got adapted into a movie by Michael Mann in 1983, but it got butchered in the editing and post production and bombed. It's part of a long series of books he did, all connected and spanning generations. I think a lengthy Netflix series would do it justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(Wilson_novel) I bloody loved the Keep, as I remember he was a vampire in the book. The film is a guilty pleasure, what a cast and Tangerine dream.Originally posted by ilikecomics
The books of magic would be a cool series. No doubt, move over Harry Potter you ****.Originally posted by tru-marvell
Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever would be a good Netflix series...only Thomas is such a whinny *****...though the other characters are top notch Don't forget he was a rapist too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.