Characters vs Thor's control implant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psychotron
As was brought up in the IW Thor vs Hulk and Ironman thread, Thor was KO'd by an electric shock from his implant in Ragnarok, according to Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary. Which of these characters can take the shock? Which will go down?

Superman
Hulk (Savage)
Doomsday
Thanos
Hela
Steppenwolf
Wonder Woman
Ronan
Aquaman
Kurse

riv6672
Stops at Superman.

Psychotron
It's not a gauntlet.

Silent Master
If it's really just electrical, then is must be phenomenally powerful as Thor has no problems either standing in or channeling massive amounts of lightning.

I'll have to give this some more thought.

StiltmanFTW
You are familiar with Thor from comics, so don't sound surprised.

Thor always gets shocked, even by his own attacks.

Silent Master
This is the MCU though and this version handles lightning just fine, even massive amounts of it. so the MCU version of the OB must be on another level. thus needing to give the question more thought.

riv6672
Originally posted by Psychotron
It's not a gauntlet.
Ah.

WW and Aquaman go down.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Silent Master
This is the MCU though and this version handles lightning just fine, even massive amounts of it. so the MCU version of the OB must be on another level. thus needing to give the question more thought.

616 Thor channels massive amounts of lightning through himself, too.

And he still gets hurt when it gets redirected at him or when he misfires it on himself.

And MCU Thor needed to reach his true potential first, in order to imbue his whole body with it. Before that, he wasn't operating on that level.

Silent Master
This is MCU Thor, even in his first movie he was able to stand within massive lightning blasts without being injured.

Psychotron
Originally posted by riv6672
Ah.

WW and Aquaman go down.

Wonder Woman is specifically noted to have a resistance to lightning, though. She lassoed lightning and no sold the electric shock, which KO'd Cheetah (her physical equal) in WW84.

riv6672

Psychotron
It might be necessary in your case, yeah.

tkitna
I think it takes them all down. This is technology from the Grandmaster (an Elder of the Universe) and it seems to be a bit more than the usual comic movie variety. Thor and Hulk were powerless against it.

riv6672
Originally posted by tkitna
I think it takes them all down. This is technology from the Grandmaster (an Elder of the Universe) and it seems to be a bit more than the usual comic movie variety. Thor and Hulk were powerless against it.
I dunno, you may wanna run that past Psychotron before committing.

ShadowFyre
This has been done before and everybody knows that it has nothing to do with electrical whatsoever. It was some kind of toxin or paralyzing agent. You can tell by the fact that it do we s nothing electric in nature and giant purple veins.

FrothByte
Wonder Woman is specifically noted to have a resistance to lightning, though. She lassoed lightning and no sold the electric shock, which KO'd Cheetah (her physical equal) in WW84.

Yeah well Thor is also resistant to lightning, otherwise he'd get cooked everytime he surrounds himself with it. Besides, this has been debated on before and majority agreed it wasn't an electrical shock since it turned his veins blue.

Anyway, I think only Kurse can withstand the obedience disks, specifically because he doesn't seem to feel pain. Probably Doomsday as well for the same reasons.

Majority of these other characters have durability feats below Thor (especially against energy attacks) so I doubt they can withstand it.

Psychotron
An official source disagrees with you, FrothByte and ShadowFyre.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, seriously. Those two fanboys should shut the f*ck up.

Lying for years. Making shit up.

Fyre is an okay dude (for a thorbag), but Froth is 100% gay for Hemsworth, always licking his butthole, even right after Chris shits himself.

StiltmanFTW
Their little fan theory is mentioned nowhere on the web and official sources disagree with it.

If I had to guess, I would say it was Rage of Olympus who fed them those lies and told them to spread them here.

Same Rage of Olympus who watched his girlfriend getting ****ed by Somalian cocaine addicts and did nothing. A really credible source, yeah roll eyes (sarcastic)

Psychotron
Should I ask about that last part?

StiltmanFTW
Well... since you're curious about it...

I'm half-joking, but truth about that is not much better.

Rage, the biggest Thor fanboy on whole KMC, has been a subject of many jokes.

Starts here, continues for many more pages:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=16703206#post16703157

It's been three years, yet nobody in the Comic Book Versus Forum can let it go laughing out loud As for Rage, he ragequit the forum.

FrothByte
An official source disagrees with you, FrothByte and ShadowFyre.

Can you post that official source?

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Fyre is an okay dude (for a thorbag), but Froth is 100% gay for Hemsworth, always licking his butthole, even right after Chris shits himself.

Such classy posts from such classy people. Reminds me why I seldom post here anymore. I don't mind debating, but this kind of juvenile playground insults gets pretty old.

StiltmanFTW
Your lies have no power here, Froth.

Take your fan fiction somewhere else.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna

We never saw Hulk having one in MCU.

He enjoyed his time as a gladiator.

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
Such classy posts from such classy people. Reminds me why I seldom post here anymore. I don't mind debating, but this kind of juvenile playground insults gets pretty old.

It's a forum about children's characters fighting. Of course it's juvenile.

playa1258
Superman, Doomsday and Kurse tank it. The rest get controlled.

ShadowFyre
Since when does electricity make your veins purple.

FrothByte
It's a forum about children's characters fighting. Of course it's juvenile.

Can you post that official source you mentioned?

StiltmanFTW
I already did. And Psycho was nice enough to re-post it.

Different thread, but same forum section.

If you still can't find it, then consider going to a special school or something?

Darth Thor
We never saw Hulk having one in MCU.

He enjoyed his time as a gladiator.

Yeah that dont save him. Not comparing his durability to Thors.

Cant hide Thor being the powerhouse he is on the Avengers.

So this OB just being an electric shock doesnt bode well for any of the MCU Avengers.

Silent Master
It doesn't bode well for anyone on the list. seeing as MCU Thor has been shown to channel massive amounts of lightning with ease. thus if electrical, the OB would have to be cosmic level.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So this OB just being an electric shock doesnt bode well for any of the MCU Avengers.

OD*

Originally posted by Silent Master
It doesn't bode well for anyone on the list. seeing as MCU Thor has been shown to channel massive amounts of lightning with ease. thus if electrical, the OB would have to be cosmic level.

Yeah which is stupid. Like any random warrior who shows up they put a cosmic level device on them.

Like that thing should explode Korgs head instantly.

Silent Master
Agreed, it is rather stupid. but that is what it being electrical would leave us with.

It being some kind of neurotoxin would make much more sense, but we have to work with what we're given.

PS: Damn, I also said OB instead of OD. my bad.

emporerpants
It's stupid and a plot hole that the electricity took Thor out. Honestly, it's a symptom of the fact that they made Ragnarok as a comedy first and superhero movie second. The device was a cheap and easy out and good for a laugh. Not saying Ragnarok was bad, it was a really funny movie. I just would prefer Marvel's tone shift more towards being Superhero movies primarily with comedy liberallty sprinkled in. Until they do that, this kind of thing will continue to happen.

Darth Thor
Id say it was more Fun than Funny.

And mixed with plenty of dark themes tbh.

Psychotron
Meh, I don't see how any Thor fan can like that movie. It turned Thor into an 80 IQ dudebro.

FrothByte
I already did. And Psycho was nice enough to re-post it.

Different thread, but same forum section.

If you still can't find it, then consider going to a special school or something?

Then it should be easy for you to copy and paste it here right? It's unreasonable to ask people to wade through every single thread in this forum just because you're too lazy to provide your own proof.

Darth Thor
Meh, I don't see how any Thor fan can like that movie. It turned Thor into an 80 IQ dudebro.

I always like a bit of 80s vibe.

Psychotron
I love the 80s. It's turning Thor into a male bimbo that I don't like.

Darth Thor
I love the 80s. It's turning Thor into a male bimbo that I don't like.

He wasnt a Bimbo at all in Ragnarok. Though Party Thor from What If came across that way.

FrothByte

Can't speak for everyone but it toed the line for me. There was just enough badassery left to Thor in Ragnarok that it still made the movie enjoyable but there were definitely scenes in there (like Thor screaming like a girl) that was completely cringeworthy.

But it wasn't until Endgame that they completely ruined Thor (and Hulk for that matter). And I have a feeling they'll continue do so with his future appearances, at least as far as what we can tell from What If. They already character assassinated Loki in his show after all.

9jaboy

Fyre is an okay dude (for a thorbag), but Froth is 100% gay for Hemsworth, always licking his butthole, even right after Chris shits himself. laughing laughing laughing

Didn't mention the riv guy, though that one is just plain Clueless.

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
Can't speak for everyone but it toed the line for me. There was just enough badassery left to Thor in Ragnarok that it still made the movie enjoyable but there were definitely scenes in there (like Thor screaming like a girl) that was completely cringeworthy.

But it wasn't until Endgame that they completely ruined Thor (and Hulk for that matter). And I have a feeling they'll continue do so with his future appearances, at least as far as what we can tell from What If. They already character assassinated Loki in his show after all.

Or that that scene where gets his hair cut.

Hulk has it even worse than Thor. At least Thor got some measure of revenge against Thanos. Hulk is just a gimped geek now and did **** all during the final battle.

He wasnt a Bimbo at all in Ragnarok. Though Party Thor from What If came across that way.

A bimbo is someone, who is attractive, naive and unintelligent and that fits Waititi's Thor to a t for me.

riv6672

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by 9jaboy
laughing laughing laughing

Didn't mention the riv guy, though that one is just plain Clueless. Riv is a troll and probably a sock character of another poster. Best to ignore it.

Darth Thor
A bimbo is someone, who is attractive, naive and unintelligent and that fits Waititi's Thor to a t for me.

How was he unintelligent?

KingD19
Thor acts like a huge dude bro, but keep in mind he's a several thousand year old god-like being from a society so advanced magic and science are indistinguishable. He was also a highly successful general of Asgard's armies and very strategically sound. He's a goofy guy, but he's not stupid. He's even emotionally smart as he was the only one who never gave up on Loki, and it paid off multiple times in the long run.

Psychotron
How was he unintelligent?

Trying Black Widow's calming speech on Hulk for one.

Darth Thor

A18

riv6672

9jaboy
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Riv is a troll and probably a sock character of another poster. Best to ignore it. Cheerleader too. Good advice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.