Purchasing digital games for PS3 will soon be much more annoying

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eThneoLgrRnae
Beginning on October 27th PS3 users will no longer be able to add funds to their wallet when using console in order to buy games.They will have to add funds to their wallet by visiting PS store thru their mobile device, desktop/laptop computer, or thru a PS4 or PS5.

What a pain in the a** that is going to be. So, since PS3 games are only for sale in PS store thru the PS3 console it means if-- when I'm browsing thru the PS3 digital library in store-- I decide to buy a game I have to then go access store thru my phone or computer in order to add funds to my wallet then come back to console in order to place order.

No doubt that shit is gonna get old fast especially to those who buy games on a regular basis like myself. Why the hell are they doing this? Is it some lame strategy to get PS3 users to give up waiting on the extremely hard to get PS5 and force their hand in going ahead and coughing up the money for a PS4 by making purchasing games thru PS3 such a hassle?

Screw Sony... what a bunch of idiots. Why are they so damn intent on pissing their customers off?

eThneoLgrRnae
Sorry, I forgot to post this with my post:

eThneoLgrRnae
Ah, I overlooked where it says they're doing this to enhance online security.

I didn't realize adding funds to wallet thru PS3 console was less secure than adding them through phone, desktop computer, PS4, or PS5.

Learned something new I guess.

Kazenji
Doesn't bother me. I stopped adding funds a long time ago, If i see something i want i buy it straight from the get go.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Doesn't bother me. I stopped adding funds a long time ago, If i see something i want i buy it straight from the get go. You have to add funds to buy something on the PS Vita and PS3 store if I remember correctly.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You have to add funds to buy something on the PS Vita and PS3 store if I remember correctly.

Nope, Not at all that's more of a optional thing.

Jmanghan
Nope, Not at all that's more of a optional thing. I just checked, it says if you don't have enough funds in your wallet to purchase you need to add funds.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I just checked, it says if you don't have enough funds in your wallet to purchase you need to add funds.

Not if its linked to your Paypal, Goes to your bank.

Jmanghan
Not if its linked to your Paypal, Goes to your bank. They're removing paypal support.

-Pr-
I get that there's a need for security, but this shit wouldn't even be needed if there was a modern platform that was completely backwards compatible.

And no, PSNow doesn't count.

Jmanghan
I'm glad they kept the service around... but whats the point in doing so if they're trying to make it as difficult as possible.

Smasandian
The PS3 online services was always a piece of shit...and how they were designed.
It's two generations back now....they are not going to reengineer an entire platform for a system not a lot of people still use.

eThneoLgrRnae
Not if its linked to your Paypal, Goes to your bank.

You must not have purchased any games on PS3 recently then.

You can't buy games directly on that specific system with credit cards or even with PayPal; you have to add funds to your wallet with your credit cards or paypal and then use that to buy stuff.

Unless this is only the case with my PS3 and no one else's which wouldn't make any sense.

Kazenji
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
You must not have purchased any games on PS3 recently then.

Nope, Haven't purchased anything since April when Sony was thinking of shutting down the PSN Store for the PS3/Vita, Then they decided to change their minds.

Kazenji
Ended up adding funds to the wallet, Had to use my PS4 to add funds so i could buy something on the PS3's PSN Store

did it through the actual site but it kept on giving me an error.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.