Superman vs. MCU Captain Marvel (What if)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Carol is at full power
JL Superman

Who wins

KingD19
Carol, especially if she's Binary. She can tank a nuke and she and Thor were knocking each other intercontinental distances with no harm. Even Clark's highest feats are nowhere near that.

riv6672
Bane dies.

9jaboy
Originally posted by KingD19
Carol, especially if she's Binary. She can tank a nuke and she and Thor were knocking each other intercontinental distances with no harm. Even Clark's highest feats are nowhere near that.
Which didn't scratch Thor.
Clark is far faster than Carol , She wouldn't even be able to land a hit if Clark doesn't want her to.
Superman destroys her. 10/10.

KingD19
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Which didn't scratch Thor.
Clark is far faster than Carol , She wouldn't even be able to land a hit if Clark doesn't want her to.
Superman destroys her. 10/10.

Proving Thor is just as strong as Carol. The physical difference is immense.

9jaboy
Proving Thor is just as strong as Carol. The physical difference is immense. You realize using getting punched to great distances to guage would make Zod FAR stronger than Thanos as well right?

Darth Thor
You realize using getting punched to great distances to guage would make Zod FAR stronger than Thanos as well right?

Think its more about having the strength/power to punch someone that far.

KingD19
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Think its more about having the strength/power to punch someone that far.
And the durability to be completely unhurt from the force of the punch or the impact of landing thousands of miles away moving at thousands of miles per hour, which would increase the force you'd undergo when you landed as they were going from one continent to another in seconds.

Guhtz
Who his deh most ghey

Cause God is a 🦂 twisty head ship not a person

It is the boat, God is the boat, not just the 216 number. It's already been built, the key is killing it.

2026 it arrives next we jesst missed it

Shhh

KingD19
Can I have some of your drugs?

Guhtz
Can I have some of your drugs? What do you got in return

Any vag?

Darth Thor

She can travel at similar speeds to him. But yeah weve not seen reflexes/combat speed from her like that.

But I doubt he avoiding her energy blasts and bull runs.

Psychotron
Honestly, if Carol was getting tagged by Thor so easily, Superman will blitz her with ease. Speed kills.

9jaboy
She can travel at similar speeds to him. But yeah weve not seen reflexes/combat speed from her like that.

But I doubt he avoiding her energy blasts and bull runs.
What? No , not even remotely. She will be completely frozen to Kal.
WW is faster than her.
We've seen reflex/combat speed from her though.And She's too slow.
Thor dodged some of her blasts . And you doubt whether he can avoid them? Yeah She stays frozen to Kal.

9jaboy
Think its more about having the strength/power to punch someone that far. It's a nice feat no doubt.

ShadowFyre
It's a nice feat no doubt.

Leagues better than any striking feat DCEU has.

Clark will get knocked tf out

9jaboy
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Laughable... So hitting Supes from US to UK will knock him out?
But you never made the same statement about Zod's striking. I guess you're admitting the same about Zod knocking Thanos tf out.

CM wouldn't even be able to hit Supes in the first place. She has ZERO chance here.

h1a8

But I doubt he avoiding her energy blasts and bull runs. If she's a statue then why not?

Psychotron
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

How will she hit him? She's no faster than Thor, who is a statue to Quicksilver, who would be a statue to Superman.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
How will she hit him? She's no faster than Thor, who is a statue to Quicksilver, who would be a statue to Superman.

"What If?" Carol and Thor are far more powerful than MCU Carol and Thor. The What If canon is insanely OP compared to live action MCU and youc can't compare them because one is so much more over the top than the other. Thor was fast enough to clean up everywhere he partied in the time it took Freyja to get to Earth from the Bifrost Bridge. That was several continents worth of party trash he had to get up in moments.

Darth Thor

Thor dodged some of her blasts . And you doubt whether he can avoid them?

Because they were both fighting so casually, you can't place any real limits on them from those fights.

And both of them can fire blasts in all directions. And I presume those blasts won't be moving in slow motion to Kal.

Originally posted by h1a8
If she's a statue then why not?

Depends where they fight, and what she's doing.

If they are fighting in space and she is flying around in space at the ridiculous speeds she can, then why would she be a statue?

KingD19
No one who can dodge photon beams and lightning bolts from point blank range is slow.

Psychotron
"What If?" Carol and Thor are far more powerful than MCU Carol and Thor. The What If canon is insanely OP compared to live action MCU and youc can't compare them because one is so much more over the top than the other. Thor was fast enough to clean up everywhere he partied in the time it took Freyja to get to Earth from the Bifrost Bridge. That was several continents worth of party trash he had to get up in moments.

They demonstrated no combat speed feats that imply they can touch JL Superman.

Darth Thor
They won't be hitting Kal in a slug fest. I'm just thinking of tagging him with Omni Directional blasts, and taking advantage of travel speed.

9jaboy
Because they were both fighting so casually, you can't place any real limits on them from those fights.

And both of them can fire blasts in all directions. And I presume those blasts won't be moving in slow motion to Kal.

You can't place a no limit fallacy either. Kal was casually dodging steppenwolf and smiling.

Why not? A blast Thor dodged.

Psychotron
They won't be hitting Kal in a slug fest. I'm just thinking of tagging him with Omni Directional blasts, and taking advantage of travel speed.

Seems like a bit of a stretch tbh.

Darth Thor
You can't place a no limit fallacy either. Kal was casually dodging steppenwolf and smiling.

Why not? A blast Thor dodged.

What no limit fallacy have I placed?

You think Steppenwolf punches faster than Cap Marvels energy blasts move? Or moved anywhere close as fast as she can fly ?

They can both blast in multiple directions. Thor dodging a blast is a good showing for him. But Winter Soldier has blocked bullets, doesnt make him the same speed as a bullet, or even close.

FrothByte
Don't really see how Superman can hurt Carol. None of his punches are strong enough to launch her to a different country and his eye blasts will only power her up.

Sure she'll struggle to catch him for quite a bit, but she'll eventually lay her hands on him and it should be a simple matter of overpowering him and snapping his neck.

TheVaultDweller
We don't really know what the extent of Carol's energy absorbing powers are. It's interesting though as it's something a lot of people have been speculating about since Endgame, because she seemed to draw energy from the IG which allowed her to power up her aura and go from struggling against Thanos' strength to easily overpowering him. However, a lot of people dismissed it as headcanon at the time. But now we have also seen a version of MCU Captain Marvel directly absorb a sustained electricity blast from Thor to power herself as well, so it lends more credibility to the Endgame theory.

Psychotron
I thought she could absorb power from the stones because they gave her her powers? And she definitely couldn't absorb the power stone when Thanos hit her with it, so that suggests there is a limit.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Psychotron
I thought she could absorb power from the stones because they gave her her powers? And she definitely couldn't absorb the power stone when Thanos hit her with it, so that suggests there is a limit.

Well, it appears that she has to make a conscious effort to absorb energy directed at her. It's not something that happens automatically when she gets hit by energy attacks. But she can absorb energy from sources other than Infinity Stones. When she fought Thor during a What If episode he fired a continuous stream of lightning at her for almost 15 seconds and she absorbed it with a smile on her face.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
We don't really know what the extent of Carol's energy absorbing powers are. It's interesting though as it's something a lot of people have been speculating about since Endgame, because she seemed to draw energy from the IG which allowed her to power up her aura and go from struggling against Thanos' strength to easily overpowering him. However, a lot of people dismissed it as headcanon at the time. But now we have also seen a version of MCU Captain Marvel directly absorb a sustained electricity blast from Thor to power herself as well, so it lends more credibility to the Endgame theory.

I sure hope her absorption powers have a cap, otherwise that would make her an extremely boring character. But at least based on her showings against the IG and Thor's lightning, I think it's pretty safe to assume Kal's eyebeams aren't powerful enough to be able to overload her.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I sure hope her absorption powers have a cap, otherwise that would make her an extremely boring character. But at least based on her showings against the IG and Thor's lightning, I think it's pretty safe to assume Kal's eyebeams aren't powerful enough to be able to overload her.

Well, a version of her got obliterated by Ultron who went about it pretty leisurely, so there is definitely a limit. But yeah, there's a big gap between solar system-busting energy wave and Thor's lightning, so estimating exactly where that limit sits is extremely difficult.

Strange Supreme's absorbing abilities are more OP in my opinion. He can not only absorb extremely powerful energy attacks (like Ultron's galaxy-buster that he literally ate like a snack) but can even absorb living beings to power himself up. And because he's a literal monster at this point, he also no longer has main timeline Strange's weakness of being a baseline human. I think that's why the writers ended up having him take up eternal guardianship over Killmonger, Zola Ultron and that set of Infinity Stones, because he was too powerful to keep around otherwise.

Darth Thor
He also never broke his hands. Not that it matters, but meh thought id mention it.

TheVaultDweller
He also never broke his hands. Not that it matters, but meh thought id mention it.

On a kind of related note, I noticed he doesn't use a Sling Ring at all yet can still create portals not only to different locations but also between different dimensions and universes. He's so far above main timeline Strange (and any other MCU sorcerer for that matter) that it's not even funny.

9jaboy
What no limit fallacy have I placed?

You think Steppenwolf punches faster than Cap Marvels energy blasts move? Or moved anywhere close as fast as she can fly ?

They can both blast in multiple directions. Thor dodging a blast is a good showing for him. But Winter Soldier has blocked bullets, doesnt make him the same speed as a bullet, or even close.
Didn't say you did. Just had to clear that up. But you did say we can't place any real limits.

I think WW is faster than Carol.

I dunno what you're arguing here, She will be frozen to Superman, no reason to suggest otherwise.

carver9
Carol stomps and anyone saying otherwise are Superman trolls.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Carol stomps and anyone saying otherwise are Superman trolls. Why do you say she stomps?

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Why do you say she stomps?

Ultron Helmet survived a Galaxy destroying blast, planet explosions, etc... and she was crumbling it with her hands. She was tanking the center of a planet pressure/heat. She stands in one spot while Superman pounds on her, doing no damage and she one punch kills him. This is a non-fight.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carver9
Ultron Helmet survived a Galaxy destroying blast, planet explosions, etc... and she was crumbling it with her hands. She was tanking the center of a planet pressure/heat.

So that's the one from Ultron and Lone Black Widow's world right?

I guess the one from the Dead Avengers world (that Lone BW joined at the end) is different as is the one who tussled with Party Thor.

TheVaultDweller
So that's the one from Ultron and Lone Black Widow's world right?

I guess the one from the Dead Avengers world (that Lone BW joined at the end) is different as is the one who tussled with Party Thor.

Well, the OP didn't specify which What If Carol it is. Just that she's at full power. So, I'm assuming it's an amalgamation of all her What If appearances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.