IW Thor vs. MOS General Zod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
No BFR
Who wins

Psychotron
Zod is much faster. He takes it.

riv6672
Originally posted by carthage
No BFR
Who wins
Bane dies.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
Zod is much faster. He takes it.

Zod didn't seem that fast tbh.

Plus IW Thor was spamming Lightning. So any small speed advantage isn't giving Zod the win.

riv6672

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Zod didn't seem that fast tbh.

Plus IW Thor was spamming Lightning. So any small speed advantage isn't giving Zod the win.

Zod scales of Superman.

I don't remember IW using lightning except for one attack against Thanos.

FrothByte
Zod scales of Superman.

https://youtu.be/Va52rmEiPVw?t=2

Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte
Va52rmEiPVw

Ip6YwpLcIjI

KingD19
Zod scales of Superman.

Zod scales off Man of Steel Superman, not Justice League Superman. He clearly got more powerful as time went on.

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19
Zod scales off Man of Steel Superman, not Justice League Superman. He clearly got more powerful as time went on.

No, he didn't. Faora had clear super speed in MoS and Superman was overwhelming her when he got serious. The idea that Superman didn't have super speed in MoS is a cope.

tkitna
Zods never won a fight in his life. He wont win this one either.

Darth Thor
No, he didn't. Faora had clear super speed in MoS and Superman was overwhelming her when he got serious. The idea that Superman didn't have super speed in MoS is a cope.

Will need more than Faoras level of speed (which neither Zod nor Kal displayed in MOS), to guarantee a win against a star tanking and lightning spamming Thor, with a weapon that can likely chop Zods head off in 1 strike.

FrothByte

Oh they had super speed, just that they were limited to using it in short bursts and simple movements.

Psychotron
Will need more than Faoras level of speed (which neither Zod nor Kal displayed in MOS), to guarantee a win against a star tanking and lightning spamming Thor, with a weapon that can likely chop Zods head off in 1 strike.

Where do I begin?

First of all, Faora's speed is greater than anything Thor has ever dodged/hit.

Second, the fact that Superman overwhelmed her when he got serious and the fact that they all have the same powers means he's as fast/faster. That's without taking his JL feats into account and there's no indicaiton that he was more powerful in JL than in MoS.

Three, IW Thor didn't spam lightning attacks. He used lightning once against Thanos and that's it. He didn't use lightning in Endgame either. Lightning spam Thor is a forum myth.

Four, Thor never tanked a star. The forge was literally killing him. Only Stormbreaker saved his life there. At best you could say he survived the heat from a near-dead neutron star for a few seconds.

Oh they had super speed, just that they were limited to using it in short bursts and simple movements.

You got proof of that? Your head canon doesn't count.

Darth Thor
Where do I begin?

Take your time.

First of all, Faora's speed is greater than anything Thor has ever dodged/hit.

Does she move faster than Mjolnir? Or Lightning?

I think she would definitely get more hits in, but I don't think she would be invisible or unhittable by Thor.

Second, the fact that Superman overwhelmed her when he got serious and the fact that they all have the same powers means he's as fast/faster.

OR it just proves you don't need Faora level speed to tag Faora.

That's without taking his JL feats into account and there's no indicaiton that he was more powerful in JL than in MoS.

The invisible speed never displayed in MOS kind of is an indication. As is the fact that he got KO's by an Oil Rig in MOS.

Three, IW Thor didn't spam lightning attacks. He used lightning once against Thanos and that's it. He didn't use lightning in Endgame either. Lightning spam Thor is a forum myth.

It's a myth if you just ignore the videos which have already been posted for you.

Four, Thor never tanked a star. The forge was literally killing him. Only Stormbreaker saved his life there. At best you could say he survived the heat from a near-dead neutron star for a few seconds.

Okay don't get h1a8 on me. Eitri stated he was going to take the Full FORCE of a Star.

And even it it was "only" the heat. That of course helps him in this fight, as Zod's HV won't take down Thor. And Zod has no feat to put him on those kind of strength levels anyway (remember Thor scales off Hulk as well).

Because that's all we saw in the movie?

Psychotron

She moves faster than Thor, which is what matters here.

She would be able to land a dozen hits on Thor before he could land one. It's not like she's a lightweight either. She's at in the same strength tier as Thor.

OR it just proves you don't need Faora level speed to tag Faora.

You'd have a point if she was ever ever hit by a character without super speed. Alas, she only ever fought Superman, a being with the same powerset as her.

The invisible speed never displayed in MOS kind of is an indication. As is the fact that he got KO's by an Oil Rig in MOS.

Lol. Superman matched the Faora blow for blow in MoS and she has on screen super speed.

The oil rig a low feat. He has superior durability feats in the same movie. We may as well bring up that the god of thunder got knocked out by an electric shock in Ragnarok.

It's a myth if you just ignore the videos which have already been posted for you.

I don't know what videos you mean, but I've watched the movies and Thor doesn't use lightning much in IW or Endgame.

Okay don't get h1a8 on me. Eitri stated he was going to take the Full FORCE of a Star.

And even it it was "only" the heat. That of course helps him in this fight, as Zod's HV won't take down Thor. And Zod has no feat to put him on those kind of strength levels anyway (remember Thor scales off Hulk as well).

The full force of a dead neutron star that needed to be re-ignited, sure.

Thor doesn't scale off Hulk because Hulk is physically stronger than Thor.

Because that's all we saw in the movie?
We saw that their super speed has limited usage? Where?

FrothByte

I'm going by what we see in the movie. You know the rule, feats count. So if you want to claim that Zod and Faora can move in continuous superspeed instead of in short bursts, please show feats of them doing so instead of just depending on your head canon.

Psychotron
I'm going by what we see in the movie. You know the rule, feats count. So if you want to claim that Zod and Faora can move in continuous superspeed instead of in short bursts, please show feats of them doing so instead of just depending on your head canon.

You know how ridiculous that sounds, right? Faora showed no limit in her usage of super speed. I know people like to wank Marvel here, but get a grip. Even if it's only in short bursts it's more than enough to land dozens of hits on Thor before he can react.

Darth Thor
You know how ridiculous that sounds, right? Faora showed no limit in her usage of super speed. I know people like to wank Marvel here, but get a grip. Even if it's only in short bursts it's more than enough to land dozens of hits on Thor before he can react.

Do you have feats of her landing dozens of hits before even a regular human can react?

Darth Thor
She moves faster than Thor, which is what matters here.

Not against a guy who can spam lightning.

She would be able to land a dozen hits on Thor before he could land one. It's not like she's a lightweight either. She's at in the same strength tier as Thor.

That's head canon. You have to show the feats of her landing a dozen blow in half a second or whatever. And we also need proof that each one of those blows would be sufficient to hurt Thor.

What's her best Strength feat?

You'd have a point if she was ever ever hit by a character without super speed. Alas, she only ever fought Superman, a being with the same powerset as her.

Lol. Superman matched the Faora blow for blow in MoS and she has on screen super speed.

If we don't need to show speed and just guesstimate speed by power scaling then Thor might have faster reflexes than Faora. Given Abomination caught a rocket, and Hulk had trouble landing a single hit on Thor in H2H.

The oil rig a low feat. He has superior durability feats in the same movie. We may as well bring up that the god of thunder got knocked out by an electric shock in Ragnarok.

Except we don't ignore the Obediance Disk. We simply accept it's a device that can control Thor.

You seem to want to ignore scenes (like the Oil Rig) when it's not meshing with the way you see the film feats.

I don't know what videos you mean, but I've watched the movies and Thor doesn't use lightning much in IW or Endgame.

https://youtu.be/Va52rmEiPVw?t=2

Originally posted by Silent Master
Ip6YwpLcIjI

The full force of a dead neutron star that needed to be re-ignited, sure.

Pretty huge feat.

Thor doesn't scale off Hulk because Hulk is physically stronger than Thor.

He has strength to block his blows. So scaling is relevant. Plus he may well be physically Hulk's superior given he almost KO'd him in 1 blow, whilst Hulk pounded and pounded on Thor multiple times and he still got up.

We saw that their super speed has limited usage? Where?

That's a no limit fallacy.

Psychotron

FrothByte

Again, please show feats of her moving continuously at superspeed. Post the vid. Unless you can, you're just making stuff up. All I'm doing is describing exactly what was shown on screen.

Psychotron
Again, please show feats of her moving continuously at superspeed. Post the vid. Unless you can, you're just making stuff up. All I'm doing is describing exactly what was shown on screen.

Post feats of Spider-man moving continuously at superspeed.
Post feats of Neo moving continuously at superspeed.
Post feats of Wonder Woman moving continuously at superspeed.

You see how stupid you sound?

FrothByte
Post feats of Spider-man moving continuously at superspeed.
Post feats of Neo moving continuously at superspeed.
Post feats of Wonder Woman moving continuously at superspeed.

You see how stupid you sound?

I never claimed Spiderman can move continuously at superspeed.
I never claimed Neo can move continuously at superspeed.
I never claimed Wonder Woman can move continuously at superspeed.

Now stop ignoring the elephant in the room. You want to claim Faora can move continuously at superspeed, you need to provide feats of her doing so. I'm not asking you to show her moving at superspeed throughout the movie, but at the very least show her moving at superspeed continuously for a decent amount of time, stringing together multiple complicated movements, instead of doing simple bursts.

This is not an unreasonable request and you know it.

h1a8
Why does she have to? She can just move with speed to strike once at a time or evade. If Thor gets popped then he would be stunned. She has all the time in the world to hit Thor a 2nd time and so forth.

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
Why does she have to? She can just move with speed to strike once at a time or evade. If Thor gets popped then he would be stunned. She has all the time in the world to hit Thor a 2nd time and so forth.

Sure, that's a valid argument to make. But it would be nice if we were all honest about what feats we actually have on screen.

Psychotron
I never claimed Spiderman can move continuously at superspeed.
I never claimed Neo can move continuously at superspeed.
I never claimed Wonder Woman can move continuously at superspeed.

Now stop ignoring the elephant in the room. You want to claim Faora can move continuously at superspeed, you need to provide feats of her doing so. I'm not asking you to show her moving at superspeed throughout the movie, but at the very least show her moving at superspeed continuously for a decent amount of time, stringing together multiple complicated movements, instead of doing simple bursts.

This is not an unreasonable request and you know it.

No, this is idiotic. By your logic no character has super speed, except Flash and Quicksilver I guess. This is like asking someone to prove Hulk can use his super strength continuously.

Arachnid1
Zod stomps. Really, any kryptonian would stomp Thor.

FrothByte
No, this is idiotic. By your logic no character has super speed, except Flash and Quicksilver I guess. This is like asking someone to prove Hulk can use his super strength continuously.

Why would I say no character has superspeed? Now you're just strawmanning. I never even claimed the Kryptonians don't have superspeed. I'm simply pointing out that they only have feats of using it for extremely short bursts before needing to pause. And as far as the golden rule in the MVF, we debate using feats.

I'm not asking you to provide a feat of Zod and Faora using superspeed for an entire movie, but unless you can provide them using it for a longer duration than simple split-second to single-second bursts then your claim of them using it continuously is nothing but a no limits fallacy. That's like saying Usain Bolt can run continuously at 45 km/h just because he's able to hit that speed for a second or two when he sprints.

Hulk has feats of prolonged usage of super strength. Flash and Quicksilver have feats of prolonged usage of super speed.

Psychotron
Why would I say no character has superspeed? Now you're just strawmanning. I never even claimed the Kryptonians don't have superspeed. I'm simply pointing out that they only have feats of using it for extremely short bursts before needing to pause. And as far as the golden rule in the MVF, we debate using feats.

I'm not asking you to provide a feat of Zod and Faora using superspeed for an entire movie, but unless you can provide them using it for a longer duration than simple split-second to single-second bursts then your claim of them using it continuously is nothing but a no limits fallacy. That's like saying Usain Bolt can run continuously at 45 km/h just because he's able to hit that speed for a second or two when he sprints.

Hulk has feats of prolonged usage of super strength. Flash and Quicksilver have feats of prolonged usage of super speed.

The first part of your post is wrong, because we know Kryptonians can use it the same way as Flash thanks to JL.

The second part with the Usain Bolt comparison is wrong because that's travel speed, not combat. If you want to use travel speed, then fine. Superman and Zod both have those feats.

Darth Thor

FrothByte
The first part of your post is wrong, because we know Kryptonians can use it the same way as Flash thanks to JL.

The second part with the Usain Bolt comparison is wrong because that's travel speed, not combat. If you want to use travel speed, then fine. Superman and Zod both have those feats.

No, JL proved that Superman specifically is able to move like Flash, not just any Kryptonian. And that's only after Superman has had practice with his powers for a good amount of time and got ressurrected by a motherbox. He was certainly not able to move like that in his first movie during the first time he's ever used his powers in a fight. Heck, Faora can't even fly and you want to grant her the same feats from JL Superman? What, shall I therefore conclude that Thor can heal as well as Hela just because they're both Asgardians and siblings to boot?

And if you want to use specific real-life combat feats then that's even easier. What, you think Ricky Hatton's every movement in a fight has him moving at 32 mph just because he's able to punch that fast? He'll throw a few speedy punches, maybe pull a few fast slips and dodges, but by and large he'll go back to moving slower in between those movements.

No fighter in the world can maintain a continuous state of intense speed for a prolonged duration. They'll do it in quick bursts and then go back to relatively normal movement speed.

9jaboy
No, JL proved that Superman specifically is able to move like Flash, not just any Kryptonian. And that's only after Superman has had practice with his powers for a good amount of time and got ressurrected by a motherbox. He was certainly not able to move like that in his first movie during the first time he's ever used his powers in a fight. Heck, Faora can't even fly and you want to grant her the same feats from JL Superman? What, shall I therefore conclude that Thor can heal as well as Hela just because they're both Asgardians and siblings to boot?

And if you want to use specific real-life combat feats then that's even easier. What, you think Ricky Hatton's every movement in a fight has him moving at 32 mph just because he's able to punch that fast? He'll throw a few speedy punches, maybe pull a few fast slips and dodges, but by and large he'll go back to moving slower in between those movements.

No fighter in the world can maintain a continuous state of intense speed for a prolonged duration. They'll do it in quick bursts and then go back to relatively normal movement speed. Lol You're funny, MOS rarely used Slow mo, If they did for Faora when she attacked those soldiers, you wouldn't low-ball it by calling it a quick burst or whatever you wanna call it. You would always try to low-ball any DC character, that's what you do. But I'll be watching.

FrothByte
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Lol You're funny, MOS rarely used Slow mo, If they did for Faora when she attacked those soldiers, you wouldn't low-ball it by calling it a quick burst or whatever you wanna call it. You would always try to low-ball any DC character, that's what you do. But I'll be watching.

Apparently, honestly stating exactly what we've seen on screen is now considered lowballing.

Faora charged a soldier at superspeed and punched him, took a quick pause, charged and hit another soldier at superspeed, took a quick pause, charged and choked a third soldier at super speed then paused.

Are you going to claim that these WEREN'T short bursts of super speed? I mean, why even pause if she could have moved at that speed continuously? She obviously had no qualms about killing the soldiers.

9jaboy
Apparently, honestly stating exactly what we've seen on screen is now considered lowballing.

Faora charged a soldier at superspeed and punched him, took a quick pause, charged and hit another soldier at superspeed, took a quick pause, charged and choked a third soldier at super speed then paused.

Are you going to claim that these WEREN'T short bursts of super speed? I mean, why even pause if she could have moved at that speed continuously? She obviously had no qualms about killing the soldiers.
You're not honest about anything. This is what you do. I mean Faora clearly used her speed in combat and you're looking for a way to discredit it.

FrothByte
You're not honest about anything. This is what you do. I mean Faora clearly used her speed in combat and you're looking for a way to discredit it.

I never denied that she used it in combat. Please quote me where I stated she didn't use it in combat.

Wtffff
You know what would beat any of these personas?

Weapons I could design irl. They could win a war with China.

But y'all keep coveting my cousin and dancing around the issue

Darth Thor

This isnt a rebuttal to the facts he pointed out.

Silent Master
When did h1 become a hacker?

h1a8
This isnt a rebuttal to the facts he pointed out. His facts aren't relevant to the fight. So in a way he was trying to discredit it by a implying it is irrelevant in this fight.

What advantage is there to move at super speed continuously over just picking and choosing spots to use it in single bursts?

You can use it to attack once. You can use it once to defend or evade.
Her reflexes and perceptions are still greatly superhuman.

Why not just argue the spirit of what is going on instead of nitpicking things that don't matter? Unless you have an agenda (you are a Thor fan).

Silent Master
Interesting, h1 believes that her use of powers isn't relevant to a fight.

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
His facts aren't relevant to the fight. So in a way he was trying to discredit it by a implying it is irrelevant in this fight.

What advantage is there to move at super speed continuously over just picking and choosing spots to use it in single bursts?

You can use it to attack once. You can use it once to defend or evade.
Her reflexes and perceptions are still greatly superhuman.

Why not just argue the spirit of what is going on instead of nitpicking things that don't matter? Unless you have an agenda (you are a Thor fan).

So you're saying we can just lie about feats we see on screen and that nobody should correct that?

h1a8
So you're saying we can just lie about feats we see on screen and that nobody should correct that? I stand corrected. But he didn't lie about feats. Be careful when you use the word "lie".

riv6672

h1a8

riv6672
Stop lying. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.