Nth Metal vs Vibranium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Which is more durable and which offers the better benefits to its users as far as offense and defense and abilities?

beatboks
Vibranium is more durable.
As to the second question,it all depends on the quantity and the purity. A large very pure piece of Nth metal like say the clawnof Horus offers greater benefits than an equal size piece of Vibranium. The Nth metal of say Hawkman's usual gear (like Mace etc) doesn't.

With a pure piece of Nth like the claw (whichbis extremely rare) and the right knowledge of how to use it you can control strong nuclear forces so you can matter manipulate, as well as gravitational and magnetic forces (as was done by Ominar Synn). With a small amount you can negate gravity to fly or boost it to strike and absorb energy (like heat, blasts etc). Vibranium can do what the small impure piece of Nth can more effectively. It can't do what a large pure piece can

h1a8
Has nth metal been broken?

lawest9
Originally posted by h1a8
Has nth metal been broken? I understand that Hawkman's mace is made of Nth metal, and I saw a scan where it shattered against someone's body when HM hit them with it.

h1a8
Originally posted by lawest9
I understand that Hawkman's mace is made of Nth metal, and I saw a scan where it shattered against someone's body when HM hit them with it. Really? Issue numbers or scans?

lawest9
Originally posted by h1a8
Really? Issue numbers or scans? I looked for it but couldn't find it, I'll keep trying?

beatboks
I understand that Hawkman's mace is made of Nth metal, and I saw a scan where it shattered against someone's body when HM hit them with it.
His mace isn't made of Nth, it is laced with Nth. The amount of Nth metal in it is about 5%.

Nth metal is very rare. An entire Thanagarian cruiser uses an amount that is about the size of a football to power and reinforce it. That amount is spread throughout the entire ship.

beatboks
Ohh and the scan your looking for is hawkgirl not Hawkman. Her mace was shattered by BA. He crushed it with his hands

lawest9
Originally posted by beatboks
Ohh and the scan your looking for is hawkgirl not Hawkman. Her mace was shattered by BA. He crushed it with his hands Ok I stand corrected, thank you.

DeadpoolXXX
I understand that Hawkman's mace is made of Nth metal, and I saw a scan where it shattered against someone's body when HM hit them with it. kc superman blew apart the mace with hv.
https://postimg.cc/ppj256B5

beatboks
Ok I stand corrected, thank you.

Hmm maybe I was wrong.
I found this one from Black Reign where BA crushes Hawkman's mace

https://preview.redd.it/u3zmd6wfo0521.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&17c81e15

I thought he'd done the same to HG but I might be missrembering

StiltmanFTW
Nth metal is shitty, actually. Durability-wise.

But it's capable of reforming, healing its user and other feats. It's really versatile.

beatboks
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nth metal is shitty, actually. Durability-wise.

But it's capable of reforming, healing its user and other feats. It's really versatile.

It also enhances the senses of someone who has been consistently near it. Enhances physicals to a little above peak human, can be used to track energy signatures, bolus the gravity manip stuff.

On the healing side of things HM had his caroted artery cut and was quickly bleeding to death, he asked to have his wings but over his body (which he wasn't wearing when cut) and healed in a few panels.

http://imgur.com/a/zhkFlNi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.