Democrats just want a dictator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eThneoLgrRnae
https://youtu.be/G3GwqXeASxg

Just listen to alll the little Biden fascists in the crowd clap and cheer when Biden talks about implementing totalitarian policies.

Klaw
"What am I doing here?"

laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, hilarious. But remember, that poor old dementia-ridden man "got more votes than any other presidential candidate in history." laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing

Blakemore
2024 is going to be so funny.

ArtificialGlory
Why is Biden holding up his clenched fists in the air like that? Looks like me when I am taking a shit.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Why is Biden holding up his clenched fists in the air like that? Looks like me when I am taking a shit.

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Hey, show some damn respect. That is the "most powerful man in the world!" laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
Edit.

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm sure all of our most powerful adversaries are shakin' in their boots after seeing Biden display such a "commanding presence" on tv lol. laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
...methneo crywank

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh bashy.... smh.

ArtificialGlory
https://c.tenor.com/Vk37748xTLoAAAAC/beavis-butt-head.gif

eThneoLgrRnae
LOL. I named my current character in Fallout New Vegas "Beavis Butthead" lol.

eThneoLgrRnae
I made him really dumb too (1 Intelligence).

But I soon regretted that so had to take several ranks of "Intense Training" perk and get an intelligence implant to get it up to around 5 or so.

Blakemore
You made an avatar of yourself? laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Blakemore
You made an avatar of yourself? laughing out loud Nah, of you blakey. He is a dumbass alcoholic who doesn't believe in science, just like you. wink If he would've been like me he would've had maximum intelligence of 10. smile

Blakemore

samhain
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Nah, of you blakey. He is a dumbass alcoholic who doesn't believe in science, just like you. wink If he would've been like me he would've had maximum intelligence of 10. smile

More like an intelligence quotient of 10.

Blakemore
An iq of 10? Sounds about right.

Robtard

Just listen to alll the little Biden fascists in the crowd clap and cheer when Biden talks about implementing totalitarian policies.
Originally posted by Klaw
"What am I doing here?"

laughing

https://i.imgur.com/cG9etGs.jpg

Newjak

Just listen to alll the little Biden fascists in the crowd clap and cheer when Biden talks about implementing totalitarian policies. laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

BackFire

He is pretty old. Maybe he was taking a shit.

Blakemore
A more sensible explanation would be he was trying to keep circulation into his fists by clenching them. After all, he's old.

Besides he only does it in the one clip, so what, did he stop having dementia half way through the conference?

This is more bs from FOX trying to pick anything to attack Biden just to distract attention from other stories that'll make Republicans look bad.

cdtm
GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

According to some crackpot professor being promoted by CNN and Business Insider and like rags, men are doomed to a future of angry dateless violent fanaticism, because girls don't date guys who don't have a degree.

So the alt right will exponentially increase in size! You Libs are doomed! laughing out loud

Klaw
Dating is a waste of time and money.

Blakemore
Originally posted by cdtm
GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

According to some crackpot professor being promoted by CNN and Business Insider and like rags, men are doomed to a future of angry dateless violent fanaticism, because girls don't date guys who don't have a degree.

So the alt right will exponentially increase in size! You Libs are doomed! laughing out loud But the alt-right comprises mostly of men who don't have degrees so they aren't getting dates and the alt right will systematically destroy itself with mephedrone.

ArtificialGlory
Dating is a waste of time and money.
Based.

ilikecomics
GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

So the alt right will exponentially increase in size! You Libs are doomed! laughing out loud

I've heard this idea from more reliable sources. Highly recommend looking into it

cdtm
Originally posted by ilikecomics
I've heard this idea from more reliable sources. Highly recommend looking into it

But.... I didn't even post a source. 😅

cdtm
But the alt-right comprises mostly of men who don't have degrees so they aren't getting dates and the alt right will systematically destroy itself with mephedrone.

What you said just now, think about it. Carefully.

What does it mean if this were true? If the Alt-Right was uneducated burger flippers?

I'll answer here: The evil whites are poor and relatively powerless. A redneck sitting on his stoop and drinking moonshine in nowwheresville did not ruin things for minorities in inner city slums. So, WHO did then?

It's basic logic.

ilikecomics
But.... I didn't even post a source. 😅

I was inferring you meant left wing dummies said it as a way to make people afraid of incels, which fits into the "the 6th was a coup!"

So I was saying even if left wing sensationalism is saying this, it doesn't mean it isn't a real phenomena.

Does that make sense ?

ilikecomics
Most people in the alt right are actually really smart dudes. Vox day for example is a billboard top 40 artist, author, publisher of comics and books, political scientist, and cultural commentator.

Blakemore
Is a dick tater a phallic shaped spud?

Newjak
Let's see the current democratic platform is to make it easier for people to vote.

It's to give people strong social safety nets to give them more personal and economic freedom like in European countries.

It's to put in policies that reduce income inequality.

These are things that actually make it harder for dictators to take control.

Now the GOP platform on the other hand is textbook tyrannical behavior.

Blakemore
The more inequality, the more corporate rule, who not only deceive the public, they're not accountable and bribe politicians.

cdtm
Originally posted by Newjak
Let's see the current democratic platform is to make it easier for people to vote.

It's to give people strong social safety nets to give them more personal and economic freedom like in European countries.

Well, look at Democrat strongholds. If this isn't virtue signaling or a tactic where they promote something they know can never happen and have no real intention of happening, then why haven't we seen a state or major city under democrat control enact these policies?

Klaw

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

eThneoLgrRnae

thumb up thumb up

-Pr-

I have to wonder just how much they want to actually do, as opposed to just spouting platitudes. I mean, the Republicans are scummy with a lot of their shit, but at least they're honest about it.

I really have no interest in watching Biden talking about fixing America for four years only to end up doing **** all of any considerable measure.

Robtard
How are Republicans honest about it? eg they've promised a better replacement to the ACA (aka Obamacare) since the ACA became law. Trumpcare in 2018 was a debacle that would have left people who had insurance, without insurance, luckily McCain stopped it. They claimed their Tax Reform wouldn't be a boon to the richest people, claimed it'd actually hurt them, they jut became richer. Mexico was going to pay for the glorious mega-wall, the parts that where built were done on our tax dollars.

Blakemore
What you said just now, think about it. Carefully.

What does it mean if this were true? If the Alt-Right was uneducated burger flippers?

I'll answer here: The evil whites are poor and relatively powerless. A redneck sitting on his stoop and drinking moonshine in nowwheresville did not ruin things for minorities in inner city slums. So, WHO did then?

It's basic logic. The alt-right can't get dates and live in nowheresville so the left are doomed?

Adam_PoE
Well, look at Democrat strongholds. If this isn't virtue signaling or a tactic where they promote something they know can never happen and have no real intention of happening, then why haven't we seen a state or major city under democrat control enact these policies?

San Francisco has single-payer health care for the entire city. Google is free.

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
cdtm tends to talk about things he knows absolutely nothing about. It's a trend.

ilikecomics
How are Republicans honest about it? eg they've promised a better replacement to the ACA (aka Obamacare) since the ACA became law. Trumpcare in 2018 was a debacle that would have left people who had insurance, without insurance, luckily McCain stopped it. They claimed their Tax Reform wouldn't be a boon to the richest people, claimed it'd actually hurt them, they jut became richer. Mexico was going to pay for the glorious mega-wall, the parts that where built were done on our tax dollars.

The best replacement for Obamacare is to make people responsible for their own health.
Free government insurance encourages malingering and not working.

Robtard
The best replacement for Obamacare is to make people responsible for their own health.

dur

ilikecomics
dur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Warp_Speed

This should help.

Robtard
HYG

ilikecomics
HYG

Oh you're totally right. Idk why I posted warp speed in relation to Obamacare.

Maybe I had another thread open ???

I'm not sure, anyways back to my argument against Obamacare.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/04/whole-foods-ceo-john-mackey-best-solution-is-not-to-need-health-care.html

This is what I was talking about and meant to post.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for the correction.

ilikecomics

Google has taken 766 million in tax payer dollars since 2000. That's not free.

This is without looking into military industrial complex shadow deals with them.

Robtard
Oh you're totally right. Idk why I posted warp speed in relation to Obamacare.

Maybe I had another thread open ???

I'm not sure, anyways back to my argument against Obamacare.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/04/whole-foods-ceo-john-mackey-best-solution-is-not-to-need-health-care.html

This is what I was talking about and meant to post.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for the correction.

"Whole Foods CEO John Mackey: The 'best solution' is to not need health care and for Americans to change how they eat and live" -snip

He's not wrong about the American diet/lifestyle and how it relates to poor health. But we still need a universal healthcare, ideally Medicare for all. So he's right on one and a retard on the other. 50/50

ilikecomics
"Whole Foods CEO John Mackey: The 'best solution' is to not need health care and for Americans to change how they eat and live" -snip

He's not wrong about the American diet/lifestyle and how it relates to poor health. But we still need a universal healthcare, ideally Medicare for all. So he's right on one and a retard on the other. 50/50

Why do we need Medicare for all ?

Estimates of the medical cost of adult obesity in the United States (U.S.) range from $147 billion to nearly $210 billion per year. The majority of the spending is generated from treating obesity-related diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease, among others.

So you'd want a country where nearly half the population is obese to be rewarded with free healthcare ? Pretty sure youtube workout and diet videos and some individual ambition would be better than stealing from the healthy to pay for the non healthy, no ?

ilikecomics
Giving the unhealthy rewards, paid for with stolen money, is a disastrous moral hazard.

Newjak
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Newjak
They also tend to forget that there only so much these strongholds can do because they are still a part of the bigger world. For instance if you live in a major democratic city in a red state it's hard to enact voter reforms or keep suppressive voter laws from effecting you.

ilikecomics
They also tend to forget that there only so much these strongholds can do because they are still a part of the bigger world. For instance if you live in a major democratic city in a red state it's hard to enact voter reforms or keep suppressive voter laws from effecting you.

This is why secession is necessary. Then there'd be no quibbles over red or blue states.

Robtard
Why do we need Medicare for all ?

Estimates of the medical cost of adult obesity in the United States (U.S.) range from $147 billion to nearly $210 billion per year. The majority of the spending is generated from treating obesity-related diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease, among others.

So you'd want a country where nearly half the population is obese to be rewarded with free healthcare ? Pretty sure youtube workout and diet videos and some individual ambition would be better than stealing from the healthy to pay for the non healthy, no ?

So all people have health care, which should be a right in America.

Yes, yes, "fat people bad", I'm well aware you feel that way, Ziggy.

Anyhow, part of universal healthcare should be trying to get people to eat better and get at least minimal exercise like walking.

Robtard

Yup

ilikecomics
So all people have health care, which should be a right in America.

Yes, yes, "fat people bad", I'm well aware you feel that way, Ziggy.

Anyhow, part of universal healthcare should be trying to get people to eat better and get at least minimal exercise like walking.

Why does encouraging healthy lifestyles require a government apparatus ? Couldn't we just make being overweight something that's socially stigmatized ?
Surely you'd argue that calling people like Tess holiday normal, let alone beautiful, is an exercise in delusion, no ?

ilikecomics
Also I don't believe in positive rights, the same way I don't believe in positive morality.

Robtard
Why does encouraging healthy lifestyles require a government apparatus ? Couldn't we just make being overweight something that's socially stigmatized ?
Surely you'd argue that calling people like Tess holiday normal, let alone beautiful, is an exercise in delusion, no ?

It would be a bonus added to a UHC system, not necessarily a requirement. Both can exist.

Fat shamming is already a thing, has been for a very long time. Bad faith argument, that.

Robtard
Also I don't believe in positive rights, the same way I don't believe in positive morality.

No one really cares :/

ilikecomics
It would be a bonus added to a UHC system, not necessarily a requirement. Both can exist.

Fat shamming is already a thing, has been for a very long time. Bad faith argument, that.

Are you arguing there isn't a fat empowerment movement or that Tess holiday is on magazine covers ? Yes or no.

ilikecomics
No one really cares :/

Apathy is a common response to things one doesn't understand. That's okay if you feel that way.

Robtard
Are you arguing there isn't a fat empowerment movement or that Tess holiday is on magazine covers ? Yes or no.

I'm saying that fat-shaming is still a thing, even if the occasional plus-sized model happens to make a name for themselves. You're aware of this, but shit posting.

Robtard
Apathy is a common response to things one doesn't understand. That's okay if you feel that way.

This is low energy bait, ziggy

ilikecomics
This is low energy bait, ziggy

I thought it was pretty low energy to say no one cares.

Do you understand the difference between positive and negative rights ?

ilikecomics
I'm saying that fat-shaming is still a thing, even if the occasional plus-sized model happens to make a name for themselves. You're aware of this, but shit posting.

I never said fat shaming has completely Disappeared off the face or the earth as I'm currently exemplifying with my comments.

Tess holiday isn't the only day model.

Adele and rebel Wilson got shamed for losing weight.

I would appreciate if you quit trying to mind read, talk about arguing in bad faith.

Newjak
Yup It's also similar to how they want to talk about how gun laws in Chicago don't work and that shows guns don't work at all. Yet they also don't mention that most of the guns used in gun related crime in Chicago are purchased legally in Indiana because it has lax gun control laws.

ilikecomics
It's also similar to how they want to talk about how gun laws in Chicago don't work and that shows guns don't work at all. Yet they also don't mention that most of the guns used in gun related crime in Chicago are purchased legally in Indiana because it has lax gun control laws.

Whoa, you mean immoral people find ways around laws ? This is news to me.

Klaw
It's also similar to how they want to talk about how gun laws in Chicago don't work and that shows guns don't work at all. Yet they also don't mention that most of the guns used in gun related crime in Chicago are purchased legally in Indiana because it has lax gun control laws.

So if they're buying guns elsewhere and bringing them, in spite of Chicagos' gun laws, what good are they?

ilikecomics
Either way black people are 13-14 percent of the population and commit 50 percent of the violent crimes. Don't think that's related to gun laws.

ilikecomics
So if they're buying guns elsewhere and bringing them, in spite of Chicagos' gun laws, what good are they?

thumb up

Klaw
thumb up

Newjak just proved our points.

But he won't be smart enough to realize it.

ilikecomics

The right argues prohibition is bad, but people make moonshine in their basement !!!!!!!!!!

Klaw
If anything, there are too many laws on the books.

Newjak
So if they're buying guns elsewhere and bringing them, in spite of Chicagos' gun laws, what good are they? laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

ilikecomics
If anything, there are too many laws on the books.

All legislation should be eradicated and replaced with natural law, leading to a spontaneous ordering of society.

I can't think of a single good piece of legislation.

Klaw

Told ya.

Klaw
I think Chicago should pass 100 more gun control laws.

At that point, people are sure to listen.

ilikecomics
Told ya.

Mocking arrogance is usually a sign that they're all out of convincing arguments.

Klaw
Mocking arrogance is usually a sign that they're all out of convincing arguments.

All Newjak does is laugh at peoples' posts.

It's all he has.

Newjak
Told ya. Dude in all seriousness the fact you think me pointing out that people legally purchasing firearms in another state and then they are later used in crimes in Chicago helps you only reinforces the original statement I made.

The truth is we have plenty of data from other countries that directly destroy the argument you just made. Which goes to show that, as originally stated, there is a connected social structure part of all this that you morons keep overlooking with your stupid comments about Democratic strongholds.

Which honestly just makes hilarious.

Klaw
Comparing other countries to the U.S. (which has a Constitutional Right to bear arms) is disingenuous.

Newjak
Comparing other countries to the U.S. (which has a Constitutional Right to bear arms) is disingenuous. laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Klaw
If you hate the 2nd Amendment so much, you must be in favor of repealing it.

-Pr-

Instead of honest, how about I call them "so terrible at lying that enough of us can see through their bullshit at what they're really trying to do"? Is that better?

Robtard
5/7 better, PR. 5 outta 7.

jaden_2.0

Top 20 Countries with the highest employment rates with countries in the top 10 best socialised healthcare systems rankings highlighted in bold

Switzerland
Iceland
The Netherlands
Japan
New Zealand
Germany
Sweden
Uk
Norway
Denmark
Czech Republic
Estonia
Australia
Austria
Finland
Latvia
Lithuania
Slovenia
Canada
Hungary

ilikecomics
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Top 20 Countries with the highest employment rates with countries in the top 10 best socialised healthcare systems rankings highlighted in bold

Switzerland
Iceland
The Netherlands
Japan
New Zealand
Germany
Sweden
Uk
Norway
Denmark
Czech Republic
Estonia
Australia
Austria
Finland
Latvia
Lithuania
Slovenia
Canada
Hungary

Sweden pays for it's social safety nets by taxing the poor (people who make under 45k).
I'm not for government programs, but there are degrees of severity and I'd much rather have social safety nets funded by taxing the poor instead of wealth, and therefore prosperity, creators.

jaden_2.0
Thanks for that tangent.

ilikecomics
Thanks for that tangent.

Thanks for the categorization of my argument instead of dealing with it's content. It's a neat trick.

eThneoLgrRnae
Idiots still arguing for doing away with 2nd amendment. How very f***ing irritating. Foreigners who are for that need to mind their own countries' goddamn business and any American who is for that needs to pack their shit and move to a different goddamn country because our 2nd amendment rights are here to stay.... GET OVER IT, LOSERS.

Looking at all of the tyrannical overreach governments throughout the world are currently engaging in (especially in places like Australia) I'd say our 2nd amendment is more important than ever now. I bet a lot of Australians wish they still had their guns right about now.

People who argue for doing away with my 2nd anendment rights just f***ing infuriate me (even moreso than people who argue for forced vaccinations do) and it makes me wanna beat the shit out of someone or something. I guarantee you none of authoritarian assholes arguing for taking our guns away would ever say that shit to my face because they're all little b*tch ass cowards.

jaden_2.0
Thanks for the categorization of my argument instead of dealing with it's content. It's a neat trick.

Ironic given the post of yours I was replying to that you now seem to have abandoned.

jaden_2.0
Idiots still arguing for doing away with 2nd amendment. How very f***ing irritating. Foreigners who are for that need to mind their own countries' goddamn business and any American who is for that needs to pack their shit and move to a different goddamn country because our 2nd amendment rights are here to stay.... GET OVER IT, LOSERS.

Looking at all of the tyrannical overreach governments throughout the world are currently engaging in (especially in places like Australia) I'd say our 2nd amendment is more important than ever now. I bet a lot of Australians wish they still had their guns right about now.

People who argue for doing away with my 2nd anendment rights just f***ing infuriate me (even moreso than people who argue for forced vaccinations do) and it makes me wanna beat the shit out of someone or something. I guarantee you none of authoritarian assholes arguing for taking our guns away would ever say that shit to my face because they're all little b*tch ass cowards.

Odd that you're all for countries minding their own business yet got very upset over your country withdrawing from Afghanistan.

ilikecomics
Ironic given the post of yours I was replying to that you now seem to have abandoned.

My claim is that socialized medicine is bad. You sent a list of countries that have socialized medicine. I pointed out that one of those ten pay for their socialized medicine through taxing the poor. Not sure how you lost the thread here.

ilikecomics
Odd that you're all for countries minding their own business yet got very upset over your country withdrawing from Afghanistan.

I'm totally non interventionist and pulling out of Afghanistan right s badass. I share Scott Hortons views on this.

eThneoLgrRnae

Ya see, ilikecomics, this is just the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Typical type of BS argument from leftists and so-called "centrists" like jaden on this forum.

No, moron, what I and others were upset over is HOW it was done.

This has been explained to idiots like you ad nauseum and yet you still don't get it.

NewGuy01
My claim is that socialized medicine is bad. You sent a list of countries that have socialized medicine. I pointed out that one of those ten pay for their socialized medicine through taxing the poor. Not sure how you lost the thread here.
No, your claim was that socialized medicine encourages malingering and not working. He countered by providing a list of countries with the highest employment rates, many of which have very socialized healthcare systems. You then replied by pointing out one quality of Sweden's system that you happen to like; this reply neither supported your original claim nor refuted his counter.

Hopefully this helps to clear up where the conversation went off track. smile

ilikecomics
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, your claim was that socialized medicine encourages malingering and not working. He countered by providing a list of countries with the highest employment rates, many of which have very socialized healthcare systems. You then replied by pointing out one quality of Sweden's system that you happen to like; this reply neither supported your original claim nor refuted his counter.

Hopefully this helps to clear up where the conversation went off track. smile

Do you like that Sweden taxes the poor to pay for socialized medicine ? Should the U.S. emulate this ?

ilikecomics
Ya see, ilikecomics, this is just the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Typical type of BS argument from leftists and so-called "centrists" like jaden on this forum.

No, moron, what I and others were upset over is HOW it was done.

This has been explained to idiots like you ad nauseum and yet you still don't get it.

rolling on floor laughing

ThePrimSource
Both Sweden, the military that just pulled out, the navy, and the fukkin federal reserve banking clan of '08 are going to have to scratch a living off rocks along with Bezos+Musk and their boys, alongside Marcels and Joel Osteen s boys

ThePrimSource
Muahahaha

Darth Thor
Do you like that Sweden taxes the poor to pay for socialized medicine ? Should the U.S. emulate this ?

So unlike the US, Sweden actually gives something in return for those taxes thumb up

jaden_2.0

No it wasn't. Let me remind you of your claim again.

Yet I showed that every single one of the top 10 countries with the best free healthcare systems in the world are in the top 20 countries with the highest employment rates. Including 8 in the top 10. Clearly showing your baseless conjecture to be completely incorrect.

You then segwayed into something entirely unrelated about taxes in order to attempt to direct attention away from your blatant falsehood.

Old Man Whirly!
Ziggy is just contrary trolling for the Discord group Jaden. It is what it is.

jaden_2.0

HappyAutumn
That's all made up.

What they are really monitoring is expressed through dbs rn

8tchteeteepeeess-doubledot-doubleslash-dragonball-dot-fandom-dot-com/wiki/Transformation (interesting that this "software" aka the hardware on the customized touchscreen recognizes the https and the silicon chips display the link and not what I typed )

Granolah was sort of a Clint Eastwood type. They can numerically quantify accuracy based on "average of trajectories" a Lil bit of 2nd grade algebraic arithmetic

Blakemore

Switzerland
Iceland
The Netherlands
Japan
New Zealand
Germany
Sweden
Uk
Norway
Denmark
Czech Republic
Estonia
Australia
Austria
Finland
Latvia
Lithuania
Slovenia
Canada
Hungary That's communism! They work in hospitals then pay tax for other people's healthcare until they need it then it's free.

Wait, that's just like every other insurance plan, and they can quit, and you can vote for how it get's managed...

It's still communism!

ArtificialGlory
It is important to remember that Sweden has one of the highest VAT rates in the world. The poor are obviously not exempt from it.

Darth Thor
And yet Sweden has a far lower % of their population living in poverty than the U.K. or USA.

So seems Social Democracy works better for the poor.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Darth Thor
And yet Sweden has a far lower % of their population living in poverty than the U.K. or USA.

I was just pointing out that the graph that jaden_2.0 posted is misleading as Sweden very much taxes its poor through one of the highest VAT in the world.

I admit that I do not know what the threshold for poverty is in Sweden compared the U.K. or the USA, but Sweden does have a very high cost of living.

Darth Thor
Wasnt just a response to you. Was a general response to the discussion where the argument seems to be that Free Healthcare comes at the cost of poor people.

Sweden does seem quite high on taxes. But seems to work as well.

ArtificialGlory
Wasnt just a response to you. Was a general response to the discussion where the argument seems to be that Free Healthcare comes at the cost of poor people.

Sweden does seem quite high on taxes. But seems to work as well.
Indeed, you will not end up financially ruined if you get seriously sick and happen to be uninsured, but there is simply no such thing as a free lunch(nor healthcare) and everyone has to pay, even the poor.

jaden_2.0
It is important to remember that Sweden has one of the highest VAT rates in the world. The poor are obviously not exempt from it.

OK.

ilikecomics

Or the more obvious answer of anything you tax you get less of, in this case poverty.

ilikecomics
Indeed, you will not end up financially ruined if you get seriously sick and happen to be uninsured, but there is simply no such thing as a free lunch(nor healthcare) and everyone has to pay, even the poor.

I like you. Thanks for being fair.

jaden_2.0
There will be positives and negatives for every country. After all things are considered I guess the happiness of a country's citizens would be the main consideration and should be the primary goal of its government. Sweden seems to do well in that regard being listed as the 7th happiest country in the world so they don't seem to mind the relatively high tax rates.

ilikecomics
There will be positives and negatives for every country. After all things are considered I guess the happiness of a country's citizens would be the main consideration and should be the primary goal of its government. Sweden seems to do well in that regard being listed as the 7th happiest country in the world so they don't seem to mind the relatively high tax rates.

Because taxing the poor ensures there isn't that many poor people. That would make me happy too.
Not to mention Sweden is 80 percent swedish, usually racial homogeneity produces better life outcomes.

ilikecomics
https://youtu.be/1i9FQ834yFc

Here's a five minute video to help you understand

Blakemore
Because taxing the poor ensures there isn't that many poor people. That would make me happy too.
Not to mention Sweden is 80 percent swedish, usually racial homogeneity produces better life outcomes. you dropped your racist card.

ilikecomics
you dropped your racist card.

You ought to be ashamed for calling me that. sick

Klaw

He thinks "Diversity is our strength" when history has shown, it isn't.

ilikecomics
He thinks "Diversity is our strength" when history has shown, it isn't.

Diversity can be good, just not politically coerced multiculturalism.

Hutury
HCkx_x9FLJ8

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Hutury
HCkx_x9FLJ8

laughing laughing out loud

cdtm
No it wasn't. Let me remind you of your claim again.

Yet I showed that every single one of the top 10 countries with the best free healthcare systems in the world are in the top 20 countries with the highest employment rates. Including 8 in the top 10. Clearly showing your baseless conjecture to be completely incorrect.

You then segwayed into something entirely unrelated about taxes in order to attempt to direct attention away from your blatant falsehood.

How did you show that?

ilikecomics
How did you show that?

I was wondering this same thing.

Newjak
Indeed, you will not end up financially ruined if you get seriously sick and happen to be uninsured, but there is simply no such thing as a free lunch(nor healthcare) and everyone has to pay, even the poor. So?

If the minimum level of what is considered poor is raised because of it they are still making out ahead.

Klaw
So?

If the minimum level of what is considered poor is raised because of it they are still making out ahead.

Newjak
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

ArtificialGlory
So?

Maybe. I was simply taking an issue with the notion that the poor in Sweden pay 0% tax; that is simply not the case.

Hutury
Maybe. I was simply taking an issue with the notion that the poor in Sweden pay 0% tax; that is simply not the case. You can't pay what you don't have.

Hutury
You have to give away everything for the most aesthetic female, everyone knows everyone's vision and hearing preferences

Hutury
What you're saying is for not being able to exploit others you get a mark over there I honestly don't care if you think or actually believe anyone has any concept of the proverbial arm lever

Hutury
Classic Sweden cronies being French/Russia

M87Zrfw46eI

TYPICAL

ilikecomics
Maybe. I was simply taking an issue with the notion that the poor in Sweden pay 0% tax; that is simply not the case.

thumb up smart

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Hutury
Classic Sweden cronies being French/Russia

M87Zrfw46eI

TYPICAL

You make less sense than wonderman lmao

Adam_PoE

The shoe fits.

cdtm
you dropped your racist card.

The good thing about lost cards, it is always easy to print more. smile

jaden_2.0

Better to take issue with arguments that are actually made than ones you make out of straw.

ilikecomics
Better to take issue with arguments that are actually made than ones you make out of straw.

Do you think incentives and subsidiaries don't alter human behavior ? If the answer is yes, then you should understand why free healthcare would be a moral hazard. But hey, I'm probably being racist by saying that.

ArtificialGlory
You posted a graph that claims that the poor in Sweden pay 0% tax, I pointed out that that's not the reality in practice. I'm not making a strawman, so why play silly bugger about it?

Adam_PoE
Do you think incentives and subsidiaries don't alter human behavior ? If the answer is yes, then you should understand why free healthcare would be a moral hazard. But hey, I'm probably being racist by saying that.

It does not matter what he personally thinks. He posted direct evidence that is not the case. Cope harder.

ilikecomics
It does not matter what he personally thinks. He posted direct evidence that is not the case. Cope harder.

His post did not prove humans respond to incentives, if it did I missed it.

jaden_2.0
You posted a graph that claims that the poor in Sweden pay 0% tax, I pointed out that that's not the reality in practice. I'm not making a strawman, so why play silly bugger about it?

Because income tax isn't all tax.

ilikecomics

You're right, inflation, regulations, inflation, unions, and licensing agreements are also a form of taxation.

ArtificialGlory
True, but the discussion you guys were having was about Sweden taxing the poor, period. The graph you then posted showed a 0% tax rate on people below a certain financial threshold, which I felt did not reflect the actual reality in Sweden.

ilikecomics
True, but the discussion you guys were having was about Sweden taxing the poor, period. The graph you then posted showed a 0% tax rate on people below a certain financial threshold, which I felt did not reflect the actual reality in Sweden.

I feel the same.

jaden_2.0

No it didn't. It showed a 0% INCOME tax rate.

The argument that the poor pay HIGHER taxes than the rich in Sweden is false as shown by the income tax brackets.

The argument that the poor pay MORE taxes than the rich is true. But making it out of context in order to portray the previous statement is disingenuous. They pay more by virtue of them being a larger group of people. As individuals they do not pay more tax than an individual rich person.

The same disingenuous argument gets made in the UK by the rich. The claim is that the richest 1% account for 30% of the total taxes raised by the government. This is true. However it is used out of context to claim that the richest 1% pay more than their share of taxes. This is false because it negates to mention the context that the richest 1% have more 50% of the wealth therefore in reality pay less than their fair share.

ArtificialGlory
No it didn't. It showed a 0% INCOME tax rate.

The argument that the poor pay HIGHER taxes than the rich in Sweden is false as shown by the income tax brackets.

The argument that the poor pay MORE taxes than the rich is true. But making it out of context in order to portray the previous statement is disingenuous. They pay more by virtue of them being a larger group of people. As individuals they do not pay more tax than an individual rich person.

The same disingenuous argument gets made in the UK by the rich. The claim is that the richest 1% account for 30% of the total taxes raised by the government. This is true. However it is used out of context to claim that the richest 1% pay more than their share of taxes. This is false because it negates to mention the context that the richest 1% have more 50% of the wealth therefore in reality pay less than their fair share.
Yeah, but the argument was about the taxation of the poor in Sweden, not what the 1% in the U.K. pay in taxes or what they have to say about it. That is what the original argument was and I felt it was disingenuous to imply that the taxes the poor pay, income or otherwise, is 0%.

Darth Thor
Ilikecomics implied its mostly the poor the tax burden falls on in Sweden. That was disingenuous.

All jaden did was post the income tax rates in response. ilikecomics was never very clear about his accusation. So it was fine for you to note their high Sales Tax, but its also clear who was being disingenuous between jaden and ilikecomics.

The latter still wont accept free healthcare can work without huge poverty. Despite the figures from Sweden showing it does work and with far less poverty.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>