Barry Allen or Wally West?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blakemore

riv6672
https://c.tenor.com/a9BzZfLW20YAAAAM/the-flash-barry-allen.gif

Robtard

IDoDeclare
What happened to the jla flash actor

riv6672

roughrider
I only liked Flash when it was Wally West. With him, DC finally had a Peter Parker type in the Justice League. I've noticed since Barry Allen was brought back in the late 2000's, they have been Peter Parker-ing him heavily in the movies and TV.
I still prefer Wally.

riv6672
Originally posted by roughrider
I only liked Flash when it was Wally West. With him, DC finally had a Peter Parker type in the Justice League.
Hell, when it was him and Kyle (who was Peter Parker-ish himself but we can go Richard Rider Nova), it was an even more fun dynamic. Having two young guns on the team gave the JLA a sense of legacy normally reserved for the JSA. It was a really nice phase for them while it lasted.

Blakemore
Barry Allen was a scientist, and the original comics have a lot of nerdy sci-fi elements to it in how he can control his vibrations, travel through walls, regulate his body temperature etc.

In fact, I enjoyed reading the sci-fi extras in the side panels than the actual action panels, but maybe the general public just want playboy Wally West.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wally West, but he really was a different character who seemed more like a playful comic-relief type than the nerdy supercharged hero like Barry Allen.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard
The upcoming 2022 DCU film stars the same Flash from the Justice League films, that's Ezra Miller playing Barry Allen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439572/ I hate it. Why is Batman there? Why are there 3 flashes? "Holy shit it's the batmobile" Seriously, WHY IS BATMAN THERE?

You know, I'd be fine with Wally West if they're just going to ruin the Barry Allen character anyway. If anything, he reminds me of the human torch from Fantastic 4, a young, fun, quick witted guy who will save the day in the end even if it doesn't go his way because he has the ability.

It's commonly agreed that The Flash is the most powerful superhero out of any of the others in DC or Marvel so his flaw could simply be his ego. I think that'd be an interesting element.

It's times like this where I just think I'll make my own movies and forget this mainstream crap.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
Barry Allen was a scientist, and the original comics have a lot of nerdy sci-fi elements to it in how he can control his vibrations, travel through walls, regulate his body temperature etc.

In fact, I enjoyed reading the sci-fi extras in the side panels than the actual action panels, but maybe the general public just want playboy Wally West.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wally West, but he really was a different character who seemed more like a playful comic-relief type than the nerdy supercharged hero like Barry Allen. Wally like Kyle GL we're all fun and games until his girlfriend does or he is erased from existence.

Blakemore
Flash be nerdy and fun playboy. That's the guy.

StiltmanFTW
Seriously, WHY IS BATMAN THERE?

Because it's a shared cinematic universe; a vastly inferior, copied and rushed version of MCU that works this way.

EzraFlash is one of the worst comic performances ever made, hated by everyone. Comparable only with EisenLex.

It's commonly agreed that The Flash is the most powerful superhero out of any of the others in DC or Marvel

laughing out loud

No.

As for the film, you haven't been following DCEU at all? It sucks big time.

And Ezra Miller is a psycho who keeps getting arrested and is getting "cancelled" as we speak... there's a decent chance the movie won't even hit the theaters, if Miller keeps it up at this rate.

Blakemore
sad

LloydNum
Oh, baby... is this the first time hes been stiff and NOT turned on?

Rest in peace, Barry. May your ghost go bumping and grinding in the night.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.