Halloween movie or no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Considering seeing some movies with Halloween like elements, but wondering if these count as a "Halloween movie".

1. Pirates of the Caribbean secret of the Black Pearl. Because ghost pirates.
2. Nightmare Before Christmas (Never could tell if this is a Christmas movie or Halloween)
3. Spirited Away (Or really any Miyazaki anime)
4. Beetlejuice.
5. Ghostbusters.

Yeah, all with supernatural stuff, but would you associate any of them with Halloween?

Patient_Leech
1. No. Not in the strictest sense.
2. I don't know, not familiar enough with it.
3. Never seen it.
4. Sure, why not.
5. Sure, why not.

Robtard
-No
-Yes, but also a Christmas film.
-I have all the Studio Ghibli films, I can't recall if I've seen this one
-Yes
-Yes

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
-No
-Yes, but also a Christmas film.
-I have all the Studio Ghibli films, I can't recall if I've seen this one
-Yes
-Yes

It's really good, and child friendly too.

Essentially a family invades an abandoned amusement park inhabited by spirits, parents fall for a trap and get turned into pigs, child loses memory and needs to get a job at a spirit hotel.

It's fantastic.

Robtard
You need to calm down

ares834
1. No
2. Maybe
3. No
4. I suppose
5. Yes

cdtm
You need to calm down

I am calm. You said you don't recall seeing Spirited Away, and I was merely recommending it to you.

riv6672
No, yes, no, yes, yes.

But really, any movie you enjoy is fine to watch whenever you want to.

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
No, yes, no, yes, yes.

But really, any movie you enjoy is fine to watch whenever you want to.

The thing of it is, I don't like horror movies like I used to.

And am ironically seeing the new Halloween movie at the theater in spite of it. smile

But I was thinking about what Halloween themed movies I do like, and realized I've got nothing. Except maybe It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

riv6672

BackFire
Originally posted by cdtm
Considering seeing some movies with Halloween like elements, but wondering if these count as a "Halloween movie".

1. Pirates of the Caribbean secret of the Black Pearl. Because ghost pirates.
2. Nightmare Before Christmas (Never could tell if this is a Christmas movie or Halloween)
3. Spirited Away (Or really any Miyazaki anime)
4. Beetlejuice.
5. Ghostbusters.

Yeah, all with supernatural stuff, but would you associate any of them with Halloween?

Out of those, I'd say only 2 and 4 are Halloween movies. Ghostbusters is a maybe.

Robtard
Ghosts are for Halloween and Ghostbusters has ghosts in it, it's right there in the title, you dingus.

BackFire
Yeah. Something about it just doesn't seem halloweeny to me.

Patient_Leech
Ghosts are for Halloween and Ghostbusters has ghosts in it, it's right there in the title, you dingus. Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah. Something about it just doesn't seem halloweeny to me.

As long as it's the original. Ghostbusters (2016) shouldn't be watched ever.

Dr Will Hatch
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. I guess? If you want to see it as a Halloween movie, sure.
5. Sure, why not?

Bashar Teg
anything involving halloween gets bonus points, but pretty much anything with malignant ghosts is a halloween movie, as is all horror flicks, literally every one. halloween is not a popular enough holiday to warrant it's own sub-genre. we do have pop-culture established christmas flicks such as die hard, along with a gazillion actual christmas flicks, but not so much for halloween imho

Impediment
Spirited Away? Nah. Fantastic 10/10 film, but not Halloween.

Bashar Teg
agreed. the only malignant ghost was yubabba, but she was reasonable in the end. there's no closure at the end of a halloween movie where everyone lives happily ever after. that's anti-halloween, in fact

cdtm
Speaking ofl It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, anyone else find yourself wishing Charles gave those rocks back to them, right through their windows?

What kind of jerks keep a pile of rocks to pass out to kids?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.