So what is happening, really?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Why is every company ruthlessly clamping down on the equivilent of jaywalking?

I've seen this kind of thing at my own job, and it seems to be spread out among industries. A rule gets enacted; a worker accidentally infringes a rule, writeup and tongue lashing. Worker morale suffers because they feel like they're being driven by sadistic lunatics with a whip, and in a sense they are.

Didn't used to always be this way. I can remember a lot of rules being treated with the wink and nod they deserved, because they were really stupid rules to begin with and actually harmed productivity.

So what changed? When did full on oppression and control become the norm at work?

jaden_2.0
Having a good day at work aye?

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Having a good day at work aye?

It's not that, and I usually watch other people hammered. smile

Had a cousin who lost a good job because his supervisor let him take broken tools, and another supervisor accused him of stealing same tools.

I get every boss has a boss and everyone gets a whip, but the buck stops somewhere. So the question is, when did all the lunatics take over?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.