Angel of Death Siege Sentry vs World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

carver9
Sentry bfrs him. Good thread

cdtm
No BFR.

Sin I AM
Sentry has already beat Hulk. I wonder tho if in his void form can he still calm him down

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Sentry has already beat Hulk. I wonder tho if in his void form can he still calm him down

That calming aura stopped working. Same as energy drain stopped working.

Sorry, Sin. Comic books are not for women.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That calming aura stopped working. Same as energy drain stopped working.

Sorry, Sin. Comic books are not for women.

You have proof?

Booya_69
Wwhulk hits way harder than a falling helicarrier.

Bob gets ripped in half.

Stoic
Sentry wins, this particular version was simply on a higher level, and death held no meaning to it.

carver9
Hulk takes this. Namir was TERRIFIED to fight WWH but he did extremely well against this version of Sentry.

DarkSaint85
When can we BZ Carvy

tkitna
A whacked out Sentry that was afraid to even leave his house that proceeded to fight like a retard took WWH to the limits. Siege Sentry is overkill.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by tkitna
A whacked out Sentry that was afraid to even leave his house that proceeded to fight like a retard took WWH to the limits. Siege Sentry is overkill.
Pretty accurate lmao

carver9
Pak referenced Sentry as being Galactus level during WWH. I feel confident that wasn't a less powerful Sentry. That was a Sentry going all out.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
When can we BZ Carvy

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
Pak referenced Sentry as being Galactus level during WWH. I feel confident that wasn't a less powerful Sentry. That was a Sentry going all out.

I feel confident that was a poorly written book by Pak. So poor that he had to explain his intentions. If WWH Sentry is Paks rendition of Sentry at his peak, Pak did it wrong. A character going all out doesnt stand there laughing while allowing the other character to punch him in the face.

Sentry destroying worlds fighting Photon,,,,yes
Sentry beating Molecule Man,,,,yes
Sentry ripping Gods in half,,,,yes
WWH Sentry,,,,,Lol no.

carver9
I feel confident that was a poorly written book by Pak. So poor that he had to explain his intentions. If WWH Sentry is Paks rendition of Sentry at his peak, Pak did it wrong. A character going all out doesnt stand there laughing while allowing the other character to punch him in the face.

Sentry destroying worlds fighting Photon,,,,yes
Sentry beating Molecule Man,,,,yes
Sentry ripping Gods in half,,,,yes
WWH Sentry,,,,,Lol no.

I agree. Sentry AND Hulk wasn't at their peak. Hulk allowed Sentry to bull rush him in the beginning AND he allowed Sentry to walk up to him and full fledged punch him in the stomach in the beginning. 2 holding back characters still ended with Hulk winning. Thanks for updating me on this.

tkitna
I agree. Sentry AND Hulk wasn't at their peak. Hulk allowed Sentry to bull rush him in the beginning AND he allowed Sentry to walk up to him and full fledged punch him in the stomach in the beginning. 2 holding back characters still ended with Hulk winning. Thanks for updating me on this.

You forgot the Hulk letting Sentry to ***** slap him to antagonize him even more.

carver9
You forgot the Hulk letting Sentry to ***** slap him to antagonize him even more.

Hulk stood there twice while Sentry charged him and then punch him in the stomach sending him flying through buildings. So I guess this means Hulk was holding back as well and Hulk was mentally compromised.

tkitna
Hulk stood there twice while Sentry charged him and then punch him in the stomach sending him flying through buildings. So I guess this means Hulk was holding back as well and Hulk was mentally compromised.

Yeah the Sentry hit him a few times to rile him up, I dont think anybody is disputing that, but only one of them fought like a retard afterwards and it wasnt the Hulk.

Your guy won in the end of a horribly written comic and arc. Take the victory Carv.

carver9
Yeah the Sentry hit him a few times to rile him up, I dont think anybody is disputing that, but only one of them fought like a retard afterwards and it wasnt the Hulk.

Your guy won in the end of a horribly written comic and arc. Take the victory Carv.

Sentry said "you're the only person that I can hit like this". He obviously enjoyed the fight and knew Hulk was the only being on the planet that can take his full power. Sentry never on panel unleashed his power like that before, to levels that was earth threatening. He's a top tier, (Trans tier plus tbh), so him enduring 3 punches from Hulk is well within his capabilities. We are talking about a person that can heal in a couple of panels here. He was having a good time, he even admitted on panel that it felt good unleashing ALL of his power. That wasn't a weakened Sentry, that was a Sentry that was enjoying every moment of fighting Hulk, a being that is capable of withstanding his all.

lawest9
Originally posted by Booya_69
Wwhulk hits way harder than a falling helicarrier.

Bob gets ripped in half. If WWHulk couldn't rip a regular powered Sentry in half then how is he going to do that to a far far more powerful Bob?

h1a8
Hulk takes this. Namir was TERRIFIED to fight WWH but he did extremely well against this version of Sentry. How would WWH win? Assuming that WWH can damage this version of Sentry, Sentry would just reform.

lawest9
Who is NAMIR?

abhilegend
Hulk beats the shit out of Sentry, again.

tkitna
Sentry said "you're the only person that I can hit like this". He obviously enjoyed the fight and knew Hulk was the only being on the planet that can take his full power. Sentry never on panel unleashed his power like that before, to levels that was earth threatening. He's a top tier, (Trans tier plus tbh), so him enduring 3 punches from Hulk is well within his capabilities. We are talking about a person that can heal in a couple of panels here. He was having a good time, he even admitted on panel that it felt good unleashing ALL of his power. That wasn't a weakened Sentry, that was a Sentry that was enjoying every moment of fighting Hulk, a being that is capable of withstanding his all.

Thats all true, but in no way was he trying to win that fight. He was just using the Hulk as a vessel to unleash his power.

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hulk beats the shit out of Sentry, again.

Nah, even with Bob fighting for control with the Void, Siege Sentry didnt have the kid gloves on.

abhilegend
Is that supposed to prove something? Hulk hits harder than anyone in Siege did. Bob was a pussy who folds anytime stronger fights him.

tkitna
Is that supposed to prove something? Hulk hits harder than anyone in Siege did. Bob was a pussy who folds anytime stronger fights him.

Lol, your sounding like H1 now. So Hulk can punch harder than a norn stone amped Thor? Ok. Ares dug his axe into the Sentry which did nothing but punches from the Hulk will do the job?

It took the heros having a magical enhancement and Bob fighting for control of the Void for them to win. The Hulk has neither in this matchup.

Booya_69
Originally posted by lawest9
If WWHulk couldn't rip a regular powered Sentry in half then how is he going to do that to a far far more powerful Bob?

Just taking a shot at sentry and his history with helicarriers.

lawest9
Just taking a shot at sentry and his history with helicarriers. Got'cha.

carver9
Thats all true, but in no way was he trying to win that fight. He was just using the Hulk as a vessel to unleash his power.

If we look at the characters these two fought, Hulk just does FAR better. Hercules, Loeb Hulk, Namor, Thor. Hulk just does better against similar opponents. You mentioning Sentry with Void withstanding an amped norn stone Thor but failed to realize that Hulk just RECT an Odin Force amped Thor, a FAR weaker version of Hulk.

Sin I AM
If we look at the characters these two fought, Hulk just does FAR better. Hercules, Loeb Hulk, Namor, Thor. Hulk just does better against similar opponents. You mentioning Sentry with Void withstanding an amped norn stone Thor but failed to realize that Hulk just RECT an Odin Force amped Thor, a FAR weaker version of Hulk.

Lol... you're an idiot

abhilegend
Lol, your sounding like H1 now. So Hulk can punch harder than a norn stone amped Thor?

By far. Even someone weaker than savage hulk fractured Thor's skull like a grape aka Immortal Hulk.

LMAO, are we comparing Ares to Hulk now?

Or Hulk just rips Sentry apart like Knull did who was matched by a weakened Silver Surfer and All Father Thor whom Hulk's severed arm choked out like a *****.

carver9
Lol... you're an idiot

So speaking facts is dumb? Everything I said is true. We both know you're intentions here, Sin. Let's not try to fool anyone.

DarkSaint85
So carver, today is the BZ between us, yes?

tkitna
By far. Even someone weaker than savage hulk fractured Thor's skull like a grape aka Immortal Hulk.

Abhi, what in the hell is that going to do though. Sentry was beyond physical harm until the magic enhancement started to effect him.

No but if getting gored in the side by an axe does nothing to a character, how would a punch?

Ripping Siege Sentry apart probably accomplishes nothing. This isnt the same Sentry that Knull encountered.

I know you hate the character and want him to lose, but your not giving any valid way of that happening.

tkitna

The Hercules encounter was nothing more than a comedy act. Not sure of the Loeb Hulk encounter. Namor was unable to mount even one offensive attack on a pissed off serious Sentry. Thor was seconds away from being killed by Siege Sentry before being distracted. I admit that magic does seem to effect Sentry though. Not sure how he would fair against an Odin amped Thor.

Whatever, its no big deal. I just cant see anyway WWH is beating Siege Sentry when he barely beat a whacked out depiction that forgot how to fight.

One_Angry_Scot

Hey Carver, over time I've gone over this argument and I think the best explanation is like this.

(Let's use the Hulk as an example)

Lets say we are in teh timeline where the Worldbreaker Hulk comic series has just finished. Hulk at essentially his most powerful (besides from Kluh stick out tongue). So we have seen that.

Then in a random comic I'm about to make up we have Savage Hulk about to fight Nebulon. This Savage Hulk you would agree is much weaker than Worldbreaker. His handicap is just being less powerful for the obvious reasons. Now he can still go all out if he wants.

But if you and me had some magical measuring equipment and one of us stood next to WBH and me Savage one of us would be reporting a much greater output of power than the other. Simply because no matter how much the weaker Hulk is going all out he is still ultimately weaker no matter what.
-
And that is how I see this fight with the Sentry in WWH. He is absolutely going all out, but with the qualifier that he is going all out in the much weakened state that he is in as shown in the comic (at least in my opinion). So Robert in that comic can go all out all he wants, but if Voidtry or lets use Death Sentry were to take his place there would be a difference. Since they don't hgave a handicap in the form of being affected by the Agoraphobia and/or schizophrenia.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Hey Carver, over time I've gone over this argument and I think the best explanation is like this.

Lets say we are in teh timeline where the Worldbreaker Hulk comic series has just finished. Hulk at essentially his most powerful (besides from Kluh stick out tongue). So we have seen that.

Then in a random comic I'm about to make up we have Savage Hulk about to fight Nebulon. This Savage Hulk you would agree is much weaker than Worldbreaker. His handicap is just being less powerful for the obvious reasons. Now he can still go all out if he wants.

But if you and me had some magical measuring equipment and one of us stood next to WBH and me Savage one of us would be reporting a much greater output of power than the other. Simply because no matter how much the weaker Hulk is going all out he is still ultimately weaker no matter what.
-
And that is how I see this fight with the Sentry in WWH. He is absolutely going all out, but with the qualifier that he is going all out in the much weakened state that he is in as shown in the comic (at least in my opinion). So Robert in that comic can go all out all he wants, but if Voidtry or lets use Death Sentry were to take his place there would be a difference. Since they don't hgave a handicap in the form of being affected by the Agoraphobia and/or schizophrenia.

Hey mate. Carv is doing his usual running away from me, so hopefully when he tries to reply to you, he will see that yes, we are meant to have a BZ this weekend (that he challenged me to, and didn't think I would call his bluff lol).

abhilegend
Abhi, what in the hell is that going to do though. Sentry was beyond physical harm until the magic enhancement started to effect him.

laughing out loud

There's nobody beyond physical form, much less sentry.

Tell that to Knull.

laughing out loud

Thor killed Sentry by throwing him in the sun. Your headcanon doesn't mean shit.

I do. Hulk punches him really ****ing hard.

abhilegend

-
Sentry wasn't weakened except for headcanon of Sentry fans.

One_Angry_Scot
Sentry wasn't weakened except for headcanon of Sentry fans.

I haven't got much to say on this as I've had the debate numerous times with a few people (I think me and you have a couple of times previously ?). So I'm not gonna go through previous things, gets a bit boring repeating the same arguments ad nauseam haha. I had my say and I will just leave it at that.

Regards to you Abhi, hope all is well with you.

One_Angry_Scot
Hey mate. Carv is doing his usual running away from me, so hopefully when he tries to reply to you, he will see that yes, we are meant to have a BZ this weekend (that he challenged me to, and didn't think I would call his bluff lol).

Hey mate hope you're well.

DarkSaint85
I am indeed, my holidays are coming up soon and I'll finally have time off work

abhilegend
I haven't got much to say on this as I've had the debate numerous times with a few people (I think me and you have a couple of times previously ?). So I'm not gonna go through previous things, gets a bit boring repeating the same arguments ad nauseam haha. I had my say and I will just leave it at that.

Regards to you Abhi, hope all is well with you.
Ah, nothing much. Just burnt off my hand saving my mom from a fiery death a week ago. It's fine now and so is my mom.

tkitna

Thor killed Sentry by throwing him in the sun. Your headcanon doesn't mean shit.

laughing out loud How did that work out?

StiltmanFTW
You have proof?

Read WWH.

DarkSaint85
What's that

abhilegend
laughing out loud How did that work out?
Sentry remained dead till Apocalypse Twins revived him

tkitna
Sentry remained dead till Apocalypse Twins revived him

On his own account. Sentry tried to kill himself by throwing himself into the sun and it didnt work, but Thor throwing him into the sun somehow did? How many times has the Sentry supposedly been killed and has come back? He's supposedly dead now, but he'll be back.

DarkSaint85
Wasn't Knull also god of the Void or something? So not exactly the same as WWH...

StiltmanFTW
On his own account. Sentry tried to kill himself by throwing himself into the sun and it didnt work, but Thor throwing him into the sun somehow did? How many times has the Sentry supposedly been killed and has come back? He's supposedly dead now, but he'll be back.

Sentry was killed by the deadly combination of Norn Stones and Mjolnir.

Thor only burned his corpse.

tkitna

Fair enough

abhilegend
Nah, Sentry himself said Thor murdered him. I suppose he also wanted to die at the hands of Knull?

abhilegend
Wasn't Knull also god of the Void or something? So not exactly the same as WWH...
He only ripped Sentry apart and that's what killed him.

cdtm

Loki just happening to have a Galactus killer in his drawer.

Probably right next to the Celestial killing enchantment he forgot in the cosmic library.

Stoic
Sentry isn't dead. How do you actually kill a solidified thought? Bob went back into hiding like he has always done.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Sentry isn't dead. How do you actually kill a solidified thought? Bob went back into hiding like he has always done.
laughing out loud

Valkyrie actually brought Sentry's soul to Valhalla. He's deader than dead.

carver9
Lmao

DarkSaint85
Lmao

My exact reaction when you ran from me.

Sin I AM
Read WWH.

Yea he was weakened

StiltmanFTW
Yea he was weakened

I was talking about Reed's equipment mimicking Sentry's calming aura.

And Sentry himself comments the amount of energy he would need to use in order to beat amped, enraged Hulk would threaten everyone.

So no, Jenkin's Sentry calming down Savage Hulk is not viable at all.

carver9
Yea he was weakened

What made him weakened? Explain please (you won't, I know exactly what you're going to say).

StiltmanFTW
Jenkin's Sentry was going full agoraphobic schizophrenic all the time, too... didn't stop him from using his calming aura, which is a very simple trick to use.

Sin is just too stubborn to admit Pak eliminated several of Hulk's weaknesses in WWH.

cdtm
So is the unleashed Sentry in WWH stronger then ANY version of Siege Sentry?

The version who beat Molecule Man say?

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
So is the unleashed Sentry in WWH stronger then ANY version of Siege Sentry?

The version who beat Molecule Man say?

My question to you is, what's the difference? Sentry admitted in his fight against Hulk he is the only person he can go all out on. Molecule Man killed him, Sentry reformed but he got blown to bits. Also, wasn't that Void Sentry and not just Sentry?

cdtm
They're the same person.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
They're the same person.

Void controlled Sentry is the same as standard walking around Sentry? Who told you that?

One_Angry_Scot
My question to you is, what's the difference? Sentry admitted in his fight against Hulk he is the only person he can go all out on. Molecule Man killed him, Sentry reformed but he got blown to bits. Also, wasn't that Void Sentry and not just Sentry?

Hey Carver, dunno if you saw this message I put to you. What do you think?

-

carver9
I agree with that. I think Void out Sentry is more powerful than your standard Sentry but I think WWH Sentry is FAR more powerful than your standard Sentry. The Sentry that we saw fought Blue Marvel, Genis, Hercules, Namor, Red Hulk, WWH Sentry is leagues above this version of Sentry (and would outright murder everyone I've named). Now if you're mentioning Sentry at his absolute most highest showings ever, then I can't argue with that.

carver9
What's Sentry best showing?

One_Angry_Scot

Not having read comics at all for a long while or so I can't really remember many obscure feats that might be more impressive; so I will just name some that I remember recently.

Death Seed Sentry stopping Exitars descent would be one. When baring in mind Rogue after absorbing the powers of (I don't know how many heroes since I don't remember the comic much) a very large amount of heroes wasn't stopping "him" at all. Sentry came along and outright stopped him I think (like I say I don't really recall the events of the comic that well). There was always a debate as to Rogue making up 50% of the power to holding Exitar back but from what I remember of the comic Rogue was making absolutely no impact on Exitars descent at all, Sentry came along and Stark I think aid "Whoever they have holding the other foot, they've completely stopped Exitars descent."

My recall of anything past that is pretty vague so I can't really be much of a help.

Sin I AM
What made him weakened? Explain please (you won't, I know exactly what you're going to say).

He stood in the doorway because he was terrified of being outside, his mental state (like say Gladiator for example) dictate his power levels, he couldn't control his powers, etc...or you know you could just, I dunno, maybe read the arc and see for yourself. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I was talking about Reed's equipment mimicking Sentry's calming aura.

And Sentry himself comments the amount of energy he would need to use in order to beat amped, enraged Hulk would threaten everyone.

So no, Jenkin's Sentry calming down Savage Hulk is not viable at all.

If you're talking about something other than what I'm talking about then don't attempt to correct me.

Booya_69

Pretty sure immortal hulk> savage hulk.

Also, immortal hulks fist collided against a swing from thor and hulks arm disintegrated.

StiltmanFTW
If you're talking about something other than what I'm talking about then don't attempt to correct me.

Sentry would've tried the calming aura if it had been that simple.

The story made it crystal clear it wasn't.

Same shit with energy drain, which always gets you wtfpwnt on this site.

Sin I AM

Because his powers are fluctuating based on his mental. It's not too difficult a concept to grasp.

Booya_69

Briefly containing a cosmic cube
Flying off with a star (or a chunk of it)
Flying through a celestial.

DarkSaint85

That's like arguing WWH was immune to time travel, because if it were that simple they'd have tried it.

"Why didn't Strange just cast a spell and time travel to when Bruce was a baby?"

"If it were that simple, it would have been tried. It wasn't, so Hulk is immune to it, obviously."

Weak argument. At best you could argue a facsimile from Reed attempted it, but.....writers love showing big brains overestimating their own smartness and failing.

StiltmanFTW
There's a good chance that Reed's device was more effective than Sentry himself, considering his track record.

When he talks with Tony, Sentry elaborates how he would need to expend vast amount of his energies in order to stop this particular version of the Hulk.

Savage Hulk was basically a retarded baby - WWH was a wholly different persona and more powerful.

StiltmanFTW
Because his powers are fluctuating based on his mental. It's not too difficult a concept to grasp.

Of course, but the calming aura never required Sentry to be even semi-coherent...

And calming a baby is one thing, calming the angriest adult version of the Hulk is a different matter.

carver9
He stood in the doorway because he was terrified of being outside, his mental state (like say Gladiator for example) dictate his power levels, he couldn't control his powers, etc...or you know you could just, I dunno, maybe read the arc and see for yourself.

Ok, so he didn't go outside at one point and after that, he went outside and said that he was playing God. Since he went outside, does that make him weaker? I trying to figure out why staying inside makes a person power level weaker. He then mentions that he is going to go ALL OUT against the Hulk and it felt good unleashing ALL of his power. So you're saying, him staying in the house weakened him? Do he have the Green Lantern weakness? When he is around wood, it depowers him?

DarkSaint85
Ok, so he didn't go outside at one point and after that, he went outside and said that he was playing God. Since he went outside, does that make him weaker? I trying to figure out why staying inside makes a person power level weaker. He then mentions that he is going to go ALL OUT against the Hulk and it felt good unleashing ALL of his power. So you're saying, him staying in the house weakened him? Do he have the Green Lantern weakness? When he is around wood, it depowers him?

So when Hulk said Juggernaut was going to be dead, does that mean he was going to kill Juggy? Help me understand here.

carver9
Not having read comics at all for a long while or so I can't really remember many obscure feats that might be more impressive; so I will just name some that I remember recently.

Death Seed Sentry stopping Exitars descent would be one. When baring in mind Rogue after absorbing the powers of (I don't know how many heroes since I don't remember the comic much) a very large amount of heroes wasn't stopping "him" at all. Sentry came along and outright stopped him I think (like I say I don't really recall the events of the comic that well). There was always a debate as to Rogue making up 50% of the power to holding Exitar back but from what I remember of the comic Rogue was making absolutely no impact on Exitars descent at all, Sentry came along and Stark I think aid "Whoever they have holding the other foot, they've completely stopped Exitars descent."

My recall of anything past that is pretty vague so I can't really be much of a help.

So doing something that all earth heros combined couldn't achieve is his best showing (with help)?

DarkSaint85
There's a good chance that Reed's device was more effective than Sentry himself, considering his track record.

When he talks with Tony, Sentry elaborates how he would need to expend vast amount of his energies in order to stop this particular version of the Hulk.

Savage Hulk was basically a retarded baby - WWH was a wholly different persona and more powerful.

Good chance? In issue #2 (or 3?) of a 5 part series? Ok.

One_Angry_Scot
So doing something that all earth heros combined couldn't achieve is his best showing (with help)?

Like I say I haven't read comics for best part of a year plus and my minds been on other things really, I think I mentioned my mother having Parkinsons disease once before, well she's also now got dementia. So inbetween all that and playing my guitar I haven't read any comics or thought about them much.

DarkSaint85
Tbf, he hasn't done much since.

Then there's the whole 'was the Death Seed an amp or not'.

carver9
Like I say I haven't read comics for best part of a year plus and my minds been on other things really, I think I mentioned my mother having Parkinsons disease once before, well she's also now got dementia. So inbetween all that and playing my guitar I haven't read any comics or thought about them much.

Sorry you're going through all of that. Keep being positive, One Angry and stay strong.

He does have that showing of a group of Heralds struggling to hold him. Don't know if he was amped though.

StiltmanFTW
Xavier's TP failed, too.

Even though it worked alright against SH.

Sentry's shitty calming aura brings nothing new to the table.

cdtm
Of course, but the calming aura never required Sentry to be even semi-coherent...

And calming a baby is one thing, calming the angriest adult version of the Hulk is a different matter.

Pretty much this. Savage Hulk could probably be calmed by jiggling keys over his head.

abhilegend
Pretty sure immortal hulk> savage hulk.

Also, immortal hulks fist collided against a swing from thor and hulks arm disintegrated.
No, Savage is stronger.

OF Thor, you mean.

Booya_69
No, Savage is stronger.

OF Thor, you mean.

Immortal hulk one-shotted thor and was about to pop wm's head off like a grape with a squeeze of his hand.

abhilegend
Immortal hulk one-shotted thor and was about to pop wm's head off like a grape with a squeeze of his hand.
And yet Savage hulk was stated to be stronger than him, multiple times.

Stoic
In all seriousness, the Sentry construct at his/its best during Siege, would scare the living shit out of Teth.

DarkSaint85
Wrong thread, Stoic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.