Violence in Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drsoe08
So I've re-read McCarthy's Blood Meridian in the other day, and still the violence that was portrayed in the book was stomach turning, the massacre of infants and the scalping of the native Americans are still haunting as ever, and that man is an inherently wicked being, as long as man exist violence, war brutality will never cease to exist, but comparing it to the likes of Ennis' Crossed or Punisher MAX, Moore's Swamp Thing, the latter's portrayal of violence/brutality seems cartoonish, I can't take it seriously, specially in Crossed, where the violence comes across as comedic at times, even in Mangas, I find the violence in Berserk silly, it doesn't invoke any feeling of dread or terror in me, specially the Horse-Farnese rape scene, that shit was ridiculous as hell, as if Miura just put that in there to shock the reader and nothing else.

Anyways, it brings me to the question, does imaginations beat visual presentation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.