World's First Living Robots Can Heal, Reproduce, and Work Together

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
i think this is going to end up being a world-changing invention.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29/americas/xenobots-self-replicating-robots-scn/index.html

Robtard
Very cool

edit: I suspect the usual suspects will go "ReeeEEeeeeee!" all the way down their slippery slope when they hear the words "stem" and "cells" used together.

Bashar Teg
I put one too many commas in the title. the robots have not learned to can food...yet

truejedi
In all seriousness, people pursuing this technology, and AI... Have they never watched a movie? Even have a little imagination as to the endgame? It's not any kind of joke to see the machines deciding humans are inefficient or part of whatever problem they have been tasked with solving, and that's it, the weirdest apocalypse. Scares me way more than Iran getting a Nuke...

Bashar Teg
these are robots, not androids. data would be offended if his emotion chip was activated

how about nanobots that can help repair flesh and organs. they'll be sending them up our assh0les.

Blakemore
fUjGUWo4HrU

truejedi
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
these are robots, not androids. data would be offended if his emotion chip was activated

They are today. For now... This kind of technology (but especially AI) should be as restricted as biological weapons.

Old Man Whirly!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29/americas/xenobots-self-replicating-robots-scn/index.html Truly amazing, reminds me of Jim Shooter's Plasm. But they do look like moving ass.

cdtm
So a flesh Golem.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Robtard
Very cool

edit: I suspect the usual suspects will go "ReeeEEeeeeee!" all the way down their slippery slope when they hear the words "stem" and "cells" used together.
The anti-transhumanists will be losing their shit for sure.

Well, slightly more than they already have been I guess.

cdtm
I don't know, the implications of abuse for trainable robots is pretty horrifying.

Granted we have no clue what these things are even capable of, but that's the point. Playing god gave us the Atom Bomb, as surely as it gave us chemo therapy.

truejedi
It just seems almost too obvious what the endgame of successful AI would be like...

Robtard
Originally posted by StyleTime
The anti-transhumanists will be losing their shit for sure.

Well, slightly more than they already have been I guess.

True enough.

cdtm
Originally posted by truejedi
It just seems almost too obvious what the endgame of successful AI would be like...

Nah, Terminator type AI is a fiction.

Now using programmable self destructing robots for covert assassinations and such, that could become a reality..

Stoic
It seems like a great idea if used to the benifit of humanity. However, what seemed alarming to me was the organisation that manages this project. Could this form of technology ever be used to wipe out a large number of people?

Bashar Teg

how about nanobots that can help repair flesh and organs. they'll be sending them up our assh0les.

...or we'll eat them

3J87JgMgU88

not sure if this is directly relevant to the op tech, but whatev

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
It seems like a great idea if used to the benifit of humanity. However, what seemed alarming to me was the organisation that manages this project. Could this form of technology ever be used to wipe out a large number of people?

Mrna vaccines are doing a good job of that.

Tzeentch
I pity them.

cdtm

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29/americas/xenobots-self-replicating-robots-scn/index.html

Definition of a Leftist.

Robtard
...or we'll eat them

3J87JgMgU88

not sure if this is directly relevant to the op tech, but whatev

Looks like a prototype for the T-1000...

cdtm
Or what they"ve been putting in our vaccines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.