House of Gucci

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
House of Gucci

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11214590/

Initially didn't want to see this, but am a Ridley Scott fan and once again he delivers. Far from his best work, but still an entertaining film start to finish.

The very bad: The forced Italian accents from several of the cast were just awful

The very good: Jared Leto playing Paolo Gucci was brilliant, a smaller role, but he's great in every scene. While the character looked and felt familiar, I didn't not know it was Leto until I looked it up

Patient_Leech
Oh shit, I didn't realize this was Ridley Scott.

Not sure if that makes me more or less interested... hm

He's become a bit of a mixed bag to me, because while he's a good director, it just depends heavily on the writing and subject matter.

BruceSkywalker
wanna watch but do not want to pay

Old Man Whirly!
Superb film, 3hrs went past like 1hr. Ridley Scott really can nail it sometimes 8/10.

-Pr-
Watched this on Wednesday. Had some small niggles but generally a well acted, well made movie. Would recommend it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by -Pr-
Watched this on Wednesday. Had some small niggles but generally a well acted, well made movie. Would recommend it. didn't have a clue the idiot son was Jared Leto. Also Kylo Renn was superb.

StiltmanFTW
Gucci is in debt to Whirly's company.

It is known.

Patient_Leech
My wife told me she wants to see this. So will probably watch eventually.

But yeah, it seems Jared Leto was made unrecognizable.

StiltmanFTW
Careful, she'll want you to buy her Gucci things after that laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
True! Haha

Fortunately she's not too into that stuff. And if she is she makes money herself!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Gucci is in debt to Whirly's company.

It is known. https://i.imgur.com/uylII7S.jpg

Kazenji
So this one is better then The Last Duel?...which Scott also did.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/uylII7S.jpg

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/adult-anonymous-pixel-face-vector-260nw-1333996802.jpg

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Kazenji
So this one is better then The Last Duel?...which Scott also did.

I'm thinking about giving The Last Duel a chance. I gotta see that Matt Damon mullet...

https://compote.slate.com/images/fdc80f88-1627-4fc7-a931-b5989232a9bb.jpeg

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
https://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/adult-anonymous-pixel-face-vector-260nw-1333996802.jpg

laughing out loud

I'm thinking about giving The Last Duel a chance. I gotta see that Matt Damon mullet...

https://compote.slate.com/images/fdc80f88-1627-4fc7-a931-b5989232a9bb.jpeg Honestly, Ridley Scott is the only guy not making generic Supersuit films these days.

-Pr-
Just don't let him near Alien again.

Patient_Leech
Honestly, Ridley Scott is the only guy not making generic Supersuit films these days.

Yeah, now that he's done running Alien/Prometheus into the ground (I hope) he's only making generic history dramas. Still chasing that elusive greatness of Gladiator.

Robtard
didn't have a clue the idiot son was Jared Leto. Also Kylo Renn was superb.

Leto was my favorite part, takes skill to play a proper idiot.

StiltmanFTW
House of Robtti

Robtard
Would be an excellent film.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, now that he's done running Alien/Prometheus into the ground (I hope) he's only making generic history dramas. Still chasing that elusive greatness of Gladiator. Gladiator 2 a film no one wanted coming.Originally posted by Robtard
Leto was my favorite part, takes skill to play a proper idiot. Youbsay that but Broly mmm

Robtard
You say that but Broly mmm

Hmmmm, okay, point taken, let me amend that: Takes skill for a non idiot to play a proper idiot.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Hmmmm, okay, point taken, let me amend that: Takes skill for a non idiot to play a proper idiot. thumb up laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Remember when Time got a nervous breakdown when he got accused of having no penis?

He asked the mods to remove most posts from that thread laughing out loud

He loved to joke about everyone and everything, but the moment we joked about him, we were worse than ISIS terrorists or martian invaders or fetus-eating madmen.

-Pr-
Gladiator 2 a film no one wanted coming. Youbsay that but Broly mmm

**** you, that pitch sounded amazing.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/tKYgzMd/5x5u3g.jpg

Patient_Leech
Is the rapper known as Gucci Mane in this? hm

Robtard
Remember when Time got a nervous breakdown when he got accused of having no penis?

He loved to joke about everyone and everything, but the moment we joked about him, we were worse than ISIS terrorists or martian invaders or fetus-eating madmen.

He is the definitive 'can dish it out, but can't take it' type.

riv6672

The very bad: The forced Italian accents from several of the cast were just awful

That was my favorite part, tbh.

Old Man Whirly!

He loved to joke about everyone and everything, but the moment we joked about him, we were worse than ISIS terrorists or martian invaders or fetus-eating madmen. I can never forget that or the time he couldn't have a small dick because of something, something purple trousers.Originally posted by -Pr-
**** you, that pitch sounded amazing. it's actually being made I think...

BruceSkywalker
I plan on watching this next week.. Will I be disappointed by Adam Driver?

Robtard
You will be impressed by the Driver

riv6672
You will be impressed by the Driver
thumb up

PamelaTunstall

Patient_Leech
Watched this. Overall I found the movie to be okay. Worth watching for the performances, especially Jared Leto's unrecognizable performance (he basically stole the show). The accents did give it an element of cringe.

Some of the music use was really good and some seemed out of place, especially the music during the wedding. The vocals interfered with the dialogue. Something was weird there.

But overall it's worth a watch. Probably wouldn't watch again, except maybe some of Leto's parts.

NemeBro
He is the definitive 'can dish it out, but can't take it' type. You all know that when you're picking on Supra you're literally picking on a mentally handicapped person, right?

I used to bully Supra a lot too but then I found out he suffered brain damage from grenade shrapnel in the Middle East which contextualized a lot of his bizarre behavior. Unless that turned out to not be true and you know something I don't?

Hypotitnoose
Originally posted by NemeBro
You all know that when you're picking on Supra you're literally picking on a mentally handicapped person, right?

I used to bully Supra a lot too but then I found out he suffered brain damage from grenade shrapnel in the Middle East which contextualized a lot of his bizarre behavior. Unless that turned out to not be true and you know something I don't? I member dat niggah wiz in my front yard with pots and pans and he raised this M like structure

Like the M drive

Robtard
You all know that when you're picking on Supra you're literally picking on a mentally handicapped person, right?

I used to bully Supra a lot too but then I found out he suffered brain damage from grenade shrapnel in the Middle East which contextualized a lot of his bizarre behavior. Unless that turned out to not be true and you know something I don't?

I've heard that, then conflicting info that his injury wasn't mental, but he milked the system. I ultimately don't know though, but he never appeared to be legit mental issues like say Dolos.

I stand by my comment that he was the ultimate loved to talk shit to people, but couldn't take it back in the smallest form. That's just a observational fact.

Robtard
Watched this. Overall I found the movie to be okay. Worth watching for the performances, especially Jared Leto's unrecognizable performance (he basically stole the show). The accents did give it an element of cringe.

Some of the music use was really good and some seemed out of place, especially the music during the wedding. The vocals interfered with the dialogue. Something was weird there.

But overall it's worth a watch. Probably wouldn't watch again, except maybe some of Leto's parts.

That's fair enough, I'll likely watch it one more time a home to show a group of friends, but I can't see myself watching it for myself again.

Old Man Whirly!

I used to bully Supra a lot too but then I found out he suffered brain damage from grenade shrapnel in the Middle East which contextualized a lot of his bizarre behavior. Unless that turned out to not be true and you know something I don't? He told me out right that the mental issues were made up.

Robtard
Under the Supra account he told me he suffered head trauma while being inside a tank that was shelled. A couple years later asked him about that in PM and he claimed to have never said it. One of times we were cool with each other, so I didn't press it.

Him faking it to milk the system was told to me by someone else who could have been lying.

Old Man Whirly!
Under the Supra account he told me he suffered head trauma while being inside a tank that was shelled. A couple years later asked him about that in PM and he claimed to have never said it. One of times we were cool with each other, so I didn't press it.

Him faking it to milk the system was told to me by someone else who could have been lying. I'm guessing the person who told you about him milking the system is the member he accused of exactly the same.

-Pr-
No oscar nominations wtf.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by -Pr-
No oscar nominations wtf. Yeah, it was a great film.

Patient_Leech
It looks like it got a makeup and hair styling nom.

But Jared Leto not getting a nomination for a supporting role is a crime.

Patient_Leech

Old Man Whirly!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.