61 year old man in wheelchair shot in back nine times by AZ cop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

cdtm

Impediment

Blakemore
That kinda damage to the back could prevent him from walking... wait, nevermind.

laughing out loud I'm sorry.

cdtm

Robtard

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cdtm
While with a gun you just take another shot.

Which is a bad thing.

I agree with Imped. Start to Use your damn tasers ffs.

cdtm
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Which is a bad thing.

I agree with Imped. Start to Use your damn tasers ffs.

So lets say he uses the taser, misses, a six year old child gets away from their parents and gets stabbed.

Are the chances high of that happening? Probably not. Are they zero?

No. The officer can't play the odds, wheelchair guy dies.

His fault for brandishing the knife and charging into population centers. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Darth Thor
So lets say he uses the taser, misses, a six year old child gets away from their parents and gets stabbed.

Are the chances high of that happening? Probably not. Are they zero?

No. The officer can't play the odds, wheelchair guy dies.

Well we (in the rest of the developed world) seem to manage fine without shooting people to death. So I'm sure Americans can do the same. And frankly the much larger threat to 6 year olds is some random nut job going to a school with an assault rifle.

cdtm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/01/us/arizona-wheelchair-officer-shooting/index.html

Look at the video. You can see someone approaching right in the doorway, he could have easily murdered someone.

The cop probably jumped to the same conclusion I am, in a choice between the guy in the chair and a passing innocent bystander, the chair guy dies.

And a taser wouldn't be an option because the chairs in the way. More likely to hit it.

cdtm
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well we (in the rest of the developed world) seem to manage fine without shooting people to death. So I'm sure Americans can do the same. And frankly the much larger threat to 6 year olds is some random nut job going to a school with an assault rifle.

I'd like to see a UK constable try and manage in Manhattan or Chicago.

Darth Thor
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/01/us/arizona-wheelchair-officer-shooting/index.html

Look at the video. You can see someone approaching right in the doorway, he could have easily murdered someone.

The cop probably jumped to the same conclusion I am, in a choice between the guy in the chair and a passing innocent bystander, the chair guy dies.

And a taser wouldn't be an option because the chairs in the way. More likely to hit it.

It's hard to make out what's going on there. But I didn't see any 6 year olds running around.

Look the point is not to be so trigger itchy, and use less lethal means first. The object should be to subdue and not "stop the guy in the wheel chair at all costs."

I'd like to see a UK constable try and manage in Manhattan or Chicago.

Pretty sure they could handle a guy in a wheel chair.

Besides we do have knife crime here, so they are trained to deal with that. Just not given guns, so that isn't an option. (For terrorists and such a firing squad is sent in).

StyleTime

From the video, it looks like the cop was interacting with this guy for quite a while before he tried to enter the store. In fact, he called for back up, and was able to wait for them to arrive.

Looks like there's was plenty of time to attempt to tase him, or try other methods. They were in the parking lot near no one, so there wasn't much to lose.

Maybe we need to give more cops something like the "man catcher" to restrain folks like this. It looks hilarious, but should be able to pin down a dude in a wheelchair.

https://youtu.be/Hqtny9yj8u8

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Blakemore
That kinda damage to the back could prevent him from walking... wait, nevermind.

laughing out loud I'm sorry.

laughing

cdtm
KeQEBVPenlQ

Old Man Whirly!

tru-marvell
They could walked ( or ran ahead and "statue ala Wally West the guy) ahead of him and barricaded his path. He was in a slow moving motorized chair...how about you target his knife hand and shot...but regardless 9 shots to the back are beyond excessive ffs!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.