Where Trump failed to undermine democracy, Boris is succeeding.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/08/boris-johnson-grabbing-more-power-amendments-to-oppressive-legislation-uk?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

The government is adding terrifying amendments to the policing bill, putting the UK on a path to dictatorship

ArtificialGlory
Small beans compared to the shit the Australian govt has been up to lately.

Blakemore
I don't like the Guardian by any means (seriously Whirly, I keep clicking on your articles and now they think I'm a fan sick )but this is scary.

We can't voice our opinions to their plans of infrastructure? That basically means they're going to do deals with rich ass holes for travel, oil, fish etc. the kinda things we care about.

I live in Yorkshire. We have a long history of fish markets and trains. But no, they're going to do what they want with those things and I'm confident they're not putting local people first.

*sigh* I'm going to sound stupid here, but when I said I wanted us to leave the EU I didn't mean for us to be the 51st state.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Small beans compared to the shit the Australian govt has been up to lately. I disagree tbh.Originally posted by Blakemore
I don't like the Guardian by any means (seriously Whirly, I keep clicking on your articles and now they think I'm a fan sick )but this is scary.

We can't voice our opinions to their plans of infrastructure? That basically means they're going to do deals with rich ass holes for travel, oil, fish etc. the kinda things we care about.

I live in Yorkshire. We have a long history of fish markets and trains. But no, they're going to do what they want with those things and I'm confident they're not putting local people first.

*sigh* I'm going to sound stupid here, but when I said I wanted us to leave the EU I didn't mean for us to be the 51st state. Scary as **** Blake, the toffs are taking the piss.

Blakemore
My constituency is going to be gerrymandered next election and the toff my Nick Fletcher is looking like he'll be running in a more Conservative area which includes Doncaster Airport.

He campaigned as a local lad who worked in the travel industry and wanted to improve railways and the airport, something which resonated with me. The Yorkshire Party keep complaining that Northern Rail is not being funded or improved in any way, particularly Bradford, where much needed improvement is always being proposed then postponed by the government.

You'd think he'd be a good MP for Don Valley, but he's a total phoney. He even uploaded the same selfie 3 times on his facebook saying how great it is to be in Thorne in December 2020, September 2021 and November 2021. Like nobody would notice it's the same photo.

Not only that, he's a religious moron who thinks boys don't have good role models because of Rey from Star Wars or the Ghostbusters reboot.

And he's an upper class landlord that makes money from buying cheap houses in undesirable areas and rents them to desperate people who essentially pay his mortgage for him. I know how the game works, my dad does the same thing.

He doesn't care about the communities, he's just trying to make a quick buck.

Robtard
"Where Trump failed to undermine democracy, Boris is succeeding."

That's because despite Boris' goofy looks, he's very cunning and intelligent. As I'm sure you know.

You really need to vote the Tories out of power.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard

That's because despite Boris' goofy looks, he's very cunning and intelligent. As I'm sure you know.

You really need to vote the Tories out of power. We have no alternative. no expression

Ironically, I'm thinking of going back to being a Libdem supporter despite the disaster last time. On paper, I agree with them the most, with the exception of rejoining the EU, but they're never going to be in power and Labour have gone full woke mode with a mixture of Blairites and loonies.

Old Man Whirly!

You really need to vote the Tories out of power. been trying...

Darth Thor

We have no alternative atm. Keir Starmer is the worst.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Darth Thor
We have no alternative atm. Keir Starmer is the worst. Disagree, but, there we go.

Blakemore
No worse than Corbyn or Miliband.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
No worse than Corbyn or Miliband. And all three are better than Boris imho.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Disagree, but, there we go.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/08/boris-johnson-war-on-judges-judicial-review-justice-for-ordinary-citizens?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Judicial review provides justice for ordinary citizens. It must be protected from a populist fervour that would damage Britain

Gina Miller is a transparency campaigner who took legal action to prevent Boris Johnson proroguing parliament

Robtard
I guess starting an insurrection and storming your Palace of Westminster is out of the question.

Old Man Whirly!
I guess starting an insurrection and storming your Palace of Westminster is out of the question. Yeah, I'm trying to solve the problems of Africa atm, I can't do everything shifty

Robtard
Healing Africa, then the world!

Blakemore
Yeah, I'm trying to solve the problems of Africa atm, I can't do everything shifty Rice! Make them grow rice!

Robtard
Rice! Make them grow rice!

They grow cassava as their staple food source.

Blakemore
Well, good. Carry on then.

Robtard
TBF, in West Africa they grow rice as the staple, climates better suited.

Old Man Whirly!
TBF, in West Africa they grow rice as the staple, climates better suited. it is in the tropical region for sure. As you go to the drier North, little grows for much of the year.

Robtard
Stupid North

Blakemore
Stupid North It's not da norf's fault, it's the sand. It's coarse, dry and it gets everywhere. If your wife had sand in her butthole, you'd try her vagoo for a change.

Darth Thor
No worse than Corbyn or Miliband.

Yes he is. Because they actually had morals.

Starmer has no vision and just out for a power grab.

Blakemore
Sunak reminds me of Miliband. It's like they have the same voice, haircut and nose.

Darth Thor
Disagree, but, there we go.

Even Boris didnt kick his former party leader out of the party.

Keir lied in his leadership campaign saying he would bring the party together. Hes broken most if not all of his 10 pledges.

I have a much longer list. But basically He really cant be trusted.

cdtm

Or maybe he's a good and honest politician?

But no, lets continue this absurd narrative that all right wing politicians are evil, yet far more politically savvy compared to the good yet too honest for their own good left.

Old Man Whirly!
Even Boris didnt kick his former party leader out of the party.

Keir lied in his leadership campaign saying he would bring the party together. Hes broken most if not all of his 10 pledges.

I have a much longer list. But basically He really cant be trusted. Boris instead just stuck up for bullies in his own party and supported brexit, not because he believed in it but because he wanted to **** over Cameron and further his career. Starmer, is by no means perfect but he looks right and sounds right to the centre. He also, I think, believes for the country to move on - we need to move away from Tory sleaze and corruption. For me a leaders personality is far less important than getting shot of this lot of entitled, corrupt and morally bankrupt toffs. We need to finish the Eton mess, before we end up in a dictatorship.

Darth Thor
Boris instead just stuck up for bullies in his own party and supported brexit, not because he believed in it but because he wanted to **** over Cameron and further his career. Starmer, is by no means perfect but he looks right and sounds right to the centre. He also, I think, believes for the country to move on - we need to move away from Tory sleaze and corruption. For me a leaders personality is far less important than getting shot of this lot of entitled, corrupt and morally bankrupt toffs. We need to finish the Eton mess, before we end up in a dictatorship.

Starmer had also bullied the left out of his party. Hes literally expelled Jewish Labour members for speaking out against Israel using the guise of Anti-Semitism, whilst turning a blind eye to Islamophobic or anti-black racist members.

He honestly doesnt believe in anything, hes just out to grab power.

As for Brexit that was a big f*** up by Labour with their 2nd referendum policy (which was going to be a sham referendum where Brexiteers couldnt win), instead of just doing their more sensible 2017 approach of ensuring a soft Brexit. And guess who was the shadow Brexit secretary who came up with that policy and pressured JC into going with it ? Yep that was Keir. He and other members stitched JC up, and now hes kicked him out of the Party. I mean seriously what a f***er.

Oh Keir Starmer will also be a corrupt sell out for sure. He hid he had big pro Israel funding in his leadership campaign. He fooled the members into electing him leader then turned his back on them. Hes changed the rules to prevent a left wing politician from ever being voted in as Labour leader again.

If they insist on having someone more centre (I dont see the need except blaming the left for everything thats gone wrong), then Bring in Andy Burnhan as leader and I will reconsider voting Labour. But no way im voting for them with KS in charge.

Blakemore
Sounds like Kier has some close ties with Blair.

cdtm
Boris instead just stuck up for bullies in his own party and supported brexit, not because he believed in it but because he wanted to **** over Cameron and further his career. Starmer, is by no means perfect but he looks right and sounds right to the centre. He also, I think, believes for the country to move on - we need to move away from Tory sleaze and corruption. For me a leaders personality is far less important than getting shot of this lot of entitled, corrupt and morally bankrupt toffs. We need to finish the Eton mess, before we end up in a dictatorship.

Shot? What, you think they're gonna personally shoot you now? laughing out loud

You seem paranoid, might want to get a mental health evaluation.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
Shot? What, you think they're gonna personally shoot you now? laughing out loud

You seem paranoid, might want to get a mental health evaluation. dur https://i.imgur.com/b7XJRsQ.jpg

Old Man Whirly!
Starmer had also bullied the left out of his party. Hes literally expelled Jewish Labour members for speaking out against Israel using the guise of Anti-Semitism, whilst turning a blind eye to Islamophobic or anti-black racist members.

He honestly doesnt believe in anything, hes just out to grab power.

As for Brexit that was a big f*** up by Labour with their 2nd referendum policy (which was going to be a sham referendum where Brexiteers couldnt win), instead of just doing their more sensible 2017 approach of ensuring a soft Brexit. And guess who was the shadow Brexit secretary who came up with that policy and pressured JC into going with it ? Yep that was Keir. He and other members stitched JC up, and now hes kicked him out of the Party. I mean seriously what a f***er.

Oh Keir Starmer will also be a corrupt sell out for sure. He hid he had big pro Israel funding in his leadership campaign. He fooled the members into electing him leader then turned his back on them. Hes changed the rules to prevent a left wing politician from ever being voted in as Labour leader again.

If they insist on having someone more centre (I dont see the need except blaming the left for everything thats gone wrong), then Bring in Andy Burnhan as leader and I will reconsider voting Labour. But no way im voting for them with KS in charge. I'll reply in more detail later, as I say no fan of Starmer but Labour under any leader is better than the Tories under any leader.Originally posted by Blakemore
Sounds like Kier has some close ties with Blair. So is Andy B.

cdtm
Criticism of Israel is not anti-semetism.

I wish that old bad faith tactic would die.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
Criticism of Israel is not anti-semetism.

I wish that old bad faith tactic would die. For once you are correct.

Darth Thor
I'll reply in more detail later, as I say no fan of Starmer but Labour under any leader is better than the Tories under any leader.

That's too hard to say. All I know is I can't trust Starmer (I'm not voting Tories either btw lol).

But would you say Blair is a better choice than Boris?

I'm generally not a fan of voting the lesser of two evils, unless I can clearly see one is A LOT LESS Evil and has potential to do some good.

So is Andy B.

That's true. He voted for the Iraq war which is usually a straight up NO for me. But then so did Biden and he's withdrawn from Iraq.

Any centrist will have ties to Blair. But Burnham also seems to actually care about stuff, and he does seem to have moved more towards the left since the Blair days.

Blakemore
This is the problem with being a centrist. Move slightly to the left, you get extreme leftists encouraging you to go further that way, move further to the right, you get extreme rightists encouraging you to go further that way.

Can't I just say you're both stupid?

Darth Thor
This is the problem with being a centrist. Move slightly to the left, you get extreme leftists encouraging you to go further that way, move further to the right, you get extreme rightists encouraging you to go further that way.

Can't I just say you're both stupid?

They're just labels. Depends what policies they believe in, and how consistent they are. We all hate hypocrites, liars and sell outs. Being power hungry is always a bad sign as well.

cdtm
The Rittenhouse thing is probably the kinds of people he's talking about.

Kyle says perfectly reasonable thing, the right says "Don't shit where you sleep". He says another mundane thing, he gets attacked by the left.

Almost like you can't not be a spokesperson or symbol of some greater cause.

cdtm
SBk5RfjiSZM

Blakemore
They're just labels. Depends what policies they believe in, and how consistent they are. We all hate hypocrites, liars and sell outs. Being power hungry is always a bad sign as well. njRK8Hdrf80

Robtard
How's the slow slip into authoritarianism going for you guys?

Old Man Whirly!
How's the slow slip into authoritarianism going for you guys? Pretty bad to be honest. Fortunately I have more than one passport.

Deano
The plan is for the whole world to be enslaved. Some countries are just in more advanced stages than others

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Deano
The plan is for the whole world to be enslaved. Some countries are just in more advanced stages than others https://i.imgur.com/megrWNh.jpg

Deano
How is it a conspiracy? Are you really that blind?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Deano
The plan is for the whole world to be enslaved. Some countries are just in more advanced stages than others Originally posted by Deano
How is it a conspiracy? Are you really that blind? mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.