Dr Strange vs Scarlet Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at peak who wins ?

abhilegend
Strange

tkitna
Strange

qwertyuiop1998
Strange

StiltmanFTW
Strange

cdtm
House of M Wanda.

zopzop
He destroys her.

DarkSaint85
Dr Strange wins this.

Wonder Man
Scarlet Witch 🧙‍♀️ would have to hex the astral plane. If she can imply on it like Impossible Man she should win 🏆.

Konton
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Scarlet Witch 🧙‍♀️ would have to hex the astral plane. If she can imply on it like Impossible Man she should win 🏆.

She's just recently resurrected herself from another plane after killing herself, and even brought a piece of it to Krakoa to open a reservoir of the collective consciousness of every mutant who has ever lived for the ressurection protocols.

Her control and understanding of chaos magic - now described by Strange as the oldest of the primordial magics - is being hyped super hard right now.

StyleTime
^ Current Wanda also created a pocket dimension, and can manipulate time, albeit to an unknown extent. And yeah, she is beyond death apparently.

That said, the series was hot garbage, so we all lose by reading it. thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by StyleTime
^ Current Wanda also created a pocket dimension, and can manipulate time, albeit to an unknown extent. And yeah, she is beyond death apparently.

What series was that?

abhilegend
Trial of Magneto

abhilegend

Its Leah Williams, what did you expect? Alan Moore level writing?

Glorificus
She didn't create just a pocket dimension, she created an entire plane of existence as in an afterlife that's only accessible to mutants.

Also she's capable of just resurrecting herself nowadays...

So unless Strange has some way to stop her from doing so, she'll just keep coming back until he wears out.

StyleTime
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its Leah Williams, what did you expect? Alan Moore level writing?

I think that's what makes it worse. I wasn't expecting much, and it fell short of even that.

Like...that was it folks. Wanda's big ol' redemption arc for M Day.

Feels like writers think inserting buzzwords like "healing" and "trauma" automatically makes the story worthwhile. Same shit happened with X-23 recently.

Aaaaand we have more of this to look forward to, since Marvel wants to milk things and Hickman is leaving. I won't get to see The Children of the Vault arc complete, which was going great. Imperial Guard series won't be coming. Omega Sentinel thing won't happen. Phalanx/Ascension thing is gone. Etc.

Well, they may get handled, but by...well, folks like Leah. And Benjamin Percy. And Gerry Duggan. And Tini Howard. sad

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather have Bendis come back than them. I'm sure they're great people, but they aren't great matches for the X-titles. This event was just another reminder of that, and it's disappointing. I was so pumped for what was coming.

Kazenji
Trial of Magneto

Ah...something from last year, Haven't ready a comic since March last year thanks to the pandemic.

Konton

Magneto crying over Toad.

Toad not even being mentioned after the final reveal laughing

HumbleServant
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Scarlet Witch 🧙‍♀️ would have to hex the astral plane. If she can imply on it like Impossible Man she should win 🏆. What do you mean imply on it like impossible man?

DarkSaint85
Trial of Magneto

Aka the series which exposed my unconscious bias.

Wonder Man

StyleTime
Originally posted by Konton
Magneto crying over Toad.

Toad not even being mentioned after the final reveal laughing
laughing out loud

And Wanda saying she'll fight for his release, then just going off to make s'mores with Exodus and the kids. Legion had the only sensible comment in the entire thing, considering what just happened to Toad.

https://postimg.cc/BLWSHng4

It doesn't even feel necessary. This absolutely could have been written as Wanda just ****ing approaching the Quiet Council with her idea. Especially since this was supposed to be a character driven event. Like...why all the other shit?

They were literally fighting magic Kaiju. laughing out loud

abhilegend
Again, Leah Williams. Compared to her even Chuck Austen looks like Alan Moore.

Glorificus
Scarlet Witch as of now has complete control of the Darkhold and Chthon within her.

She now stomps easily.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Glorificus
Scarlet Witch as of now has complete control of the Darkhold and Chthon within her.

She now stomps easily.
When was this?

Konton
The Darkhold Omega #1

StyleTime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Aka the series which exposed my unconscious bias.
It's because you won't let yourself HEAL. Start HEALING.

https://i.postimg.cc/zG54TnBg/HEAL-jpg.png
Again, Leah Williams. Compared to her even Chuck Austen looks like Alan Moore.
Yeah. Truly, Remender is the only writer to handle the Wanda situation well. And he was actually going to be given control of the X-Men before Marvel mandates drove him away. And they made a 2nd offer recently and he turned it down again. I doubt he's ever coming back. sad

I'm extra salty about it because there is a good story to be told with Wanda here (even the HEALING). It just sucks we're never going to actually get it now. Unless someone swoops in and undoes this arc.

abhilegend
IT'S HEALING, WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!!!

StyleTime
I think I am finally ready to heal.

You and Darksaint should forgive yourselves as well. You are more than your trauma.

DarkSaint85
Love the new set.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.