The Matrix: 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech

Tzeentch
"Film studio milks popular IP with plans for infinite sequels". More news at 11.

Patient_Leech
Shocking, I know.

My hope is that Willem Dafoe gets cast in a psychotic role.

jaden_2.0
It'd be interesting to see what direction another stylistic director would go in with it. Zack Snyder, Denis Villeneuve, Guillermo Del Toro or even Nicolas Winding Refn or Tarantino

Patient_Leech
I don't think that would be good for stylistic continuity.

But Lana doesn't seem too keen on doing more films, so who knows... she may bow out.

Patient_Leech
Oh, but the thing is, I don't think Keanu and co. are interested without the Wachowskis involvement.

I hope they at least do another Trilogy. I can see bowing out after that, but hopefully still involved in the writing...

Let's be honest, nothing else they've done has gotten off the ground, so why the hell not...

jaden_2.0
The Animatrix and some of the other lore gives plenty of scope to do different time periods. The 2nd Renaissance/01 war. Other "Ones". The disaster of the 1st Matrix.

Plenty room for stuff outwith the Neo story arc.

Patient_Leech
Right, but moving forward after Resurrections without Keanu and Carrie-Anne wouldn't make sense given how it ended and how much trouble they went through to resurrect them.

jaden_2.0
I'm sure Carrie-Anne Moss isn't exactly flooded with blockbuster offers these days (or ever outwith The Matrix films) so not sure she'd turn it down.

Keanu on the hand might be more difficult to convince.

roughrider
Warner Bros. has been putting on a brave face for over a year now, ever since they announced their release strategy of simultaneous release on HBO Max for all their films, to the disappointment of many veteran WB directors. No matter how lousy the box office due to COVID or something else (see Wonder Woman 1984, The Suicide Squad, The Matrix Resurrections) they come out with big smiles and say everything is fine, it's a good start, HBO Max grows all the time etc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This will eventually crash hard like the Terminator series did; it took a series of bad sequels with worsening box office for the producers to finally hear the audience say "Enough!"

Ridley_Prime
WW1984 sucked, Matrix Resurrections was polarizing at best, but The Suicide Squad was decent enough. Guessing the first one from 2016 and Turds of Prey hurt it though, turning many off from seeing it. And then there was the pathetic Mortal Kombat 2021.. lol

Yeah, the attempted strategy with HBO somehow making up for the box office numbers of these big blockbuster films is not sustainable, though have enjoyed the convenience of the app.

Far as a Matrix 5 though, am not yet convinced of it happening.

ShadowFyre
They made a little money off of Godzilla vs. Kong considering they only had the marketing invested into it

-Pr-
Suicide Squad was great. Wtf.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by -Pr-
The Suicide Squad was great. Wtf.

Fixed.

-Pr-
I only recognise one Suicide Squad movie as existing, so it was unnecessary... but I'll allow it.

roughrider
Suicide Squad was great. Wtf.
Doesn't change the fact that it bombed. Even if it was way better than the previous version, marketing confusion and because the other one was stinking hot garbage, it affected the box office of it plus Birds Of Prey.

Patient_Leech
Keanu doesn't think Matrix 5 will happen...

https://screenrant-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/screenrant.com/matrix-5-movie-updates-keanu-reeves-response/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6& amp;usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251
%24s&aoh=16411298147946&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Fmatrix-5-movie-updates-keanu-reeves-response%2F

I think what he means is that it probably won't happen with a Wachowski. Haha.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Keanu doesn't think Matrix 5 will happen...

https://screenrant-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/screenrant.com/matrix-5-movie-updates-keanu-reeves-response/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6& amp;usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251
%24s&aoh=16411298147946&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Fmatrix-5-movie-updates-keanu-reeves-response%2F

I think what he means is that it probably won't happen with a Wachowski. Haha.

unless matrix resurrections all of sudden takes some of spiderman's money then i highly dout a sequel happens

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
unless matrix resurrections all of sudden takes some of spiderman's money then i highly dout a sequel happens

Yes, it was demolished in box office numbers for sure, but Spiderman being released the same time was a huge factor as well as mediocre reviews causing many to resort to pirating it since HBO's day and date release strategy provided perfect copies to be distributed online. But the game has changed. HBO Max streams and subscribers could still keep it alive. Just depends on if there's enough to level it out.

-Pr-
Originally posted by roughrider
Doesn't change the fact that it bombed. Even if it was way better than the previous version, marketing confusion and because the other one was stinking hot garbage, it affected the box office of it plus Birds Of Prey.

Birds of Prey was shit, to be fair. That deserves whatever it gets.

Ghjht
Birds of Prey was shit, to be fair. That deserves whatever it gets. green peas

evuYxpBYPkY

ackley
matrix resurrections is a nice blockbuster, rather successful, but which does not bring any originality either in form or in substance.

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

DummerangB
Originally posted by ackley
matrix resurrections is a nice blockbuster, rather successful, but which does not bring any originality either in form or in substance. wrong

Neo siphoned his flight ability off to Trinity. Then in the end to you see them co-fly like a couple newly wed doves let loose.

DummerangB
That's a never before seen ability Neo uses, power siphoning.

cdtm
Seriously, how cool would it be if Max Headroom was revealed as the machine god? Or maybe his AI evolved into them.

They haven't done anything with Max, and he was the wildly popular digital mascot from 80's MTV. He's iconic, audiences would go wild seeing him.

LesGoBrndn
Originally posted by cdtm
Seriously, how cool would it be if Max Headroom was revealed as the machine god? Or maybe his AI evolved into them.

They haven't done anything with Max, and he was the wildly popular digital mascot from 80's MTV. He's iconic, audiences would go wild seeing him. Maxx bruh

UThirstyBro?

LesGoBrndn
CLEAN YO ****IN' PLACE!!

riv6672

Patient_Leech

Robtard
I barely watched part 4, was on my phone for a lot of it, will probably pass unless a preview looks freaking fantastic.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
It is so weird that I just finished up watching all the Matrix movies again, this time in 4k. Just finished 4 last night and I wake up to find out a new filmmaker is going to do a 5th film. I have my problems with the 4th movie, but I really like the meta stuff at the beginning and the way they progressed the lore and world building with the real world. It's great.

So I'm pleased that it probably isn't a reboot and sounds like it at least has the approval of Lana Wachowski, even if she isn't directing.

Kazenji
I'm interested in seeing what Drew Goddard does with it, It was time for someone else to have a go.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/KbkzzDR/Art-films-books-were-all-better-Originality-mattered-You-gave-us-Face-Zucker-suck-and-Cock-me-climat.jpg

Patient_Leech
^ That's one of my problems with the movie. Merv's little appearance with his incoherent rant was pointless and stupid and could have easily been cut out.

StiltmanFTW
No, it was the best part of the movie.

Patient_Leech
https://gifdb.com/images/high/dr-evil-pinky-finger-up-lyv9fj9mnteobbyt.webp

StiltmanFTW
It was spot on.

You were just too busy choking yourself with your tie to get it laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It was spot on.

You were just too busy choking yourself with your tie to get it laughing out loud

Hey man, I found a theater that was cool with my autoerotic asphyxiation! I got prior authorization!

But I'm still not sure if you're serious about thinking that's the best part of the movie...

https://media4.giphy.com/media/ANbD1CCdA3iI8/giphy.gif

And did we already talk about this? I'm feeling some deja vu...

BruceSkywalker
WBD IS BEATING A DEAD HORSE

Khazra Reborn

Patient_Leech
^ ugh, it's growing old explaining this, but if you'll remember the circumstances surrounding its poor box office performance were complicated with the pandemic and a simultaneous release to streaming (plus Spiderman-rehash-cash-grab-with-multiverse-fan-pandering was dominating the box office. And yes, that's a catchier title than those terrible 3 titles that all sound the same).

Perhaps the streaming numbers were good... but whatever the case, the studio still thinks they have a potentially profitable IP.

roughrider
Drew Goddard likes to sign up for films that end up getting cancelled (see The Sinister Six)

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, could see this being another victim of WB tax writeoffs tbh, given their recent record.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
Originally posted by roughrider
Drew Goddard likes to sign up for films that end up getting cancelled (see The Sinister Six)

Yeah he's been waiting to show what he can do with a big franchise movie for a while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.