Build your character vs Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
You have $10 to build a character to take down the characters below. You can not take powers from anyone that is mentioned below but you can use all other characters. Each tier, cost a different amount with some being more costly than most. You're buying abilities, not the characters. Example, if the meta tier is $1, I will buy Storm tornado but I don't have access to her other abilities like lightning, rain, freezing, etc... you can keep buying until your $10 is spent but the goal here is to clear the gauntlet below. Remember, whomever is listed below, you can not use your money to get an ability from them, these people are the exception. Also, if someone's ability is intelligence, you can get that as well.

Cost per tier:

Street - $0.75
Meta - $1.50
Low Herald - $2.00
High Herald - $4.00
Trans tier - $7.00
Skyfather - $8.00

Can only buy from the tier mentioned.

Gauntlet

1. Wonder Woman
2. Martian Manhunter
3. Thor
4. Superman
5. Silver Surfer
6. Thanos

You get an hour rest between each match. Whatever abilities you choose those are the powers you're stuck with throughout the gauntlet. Don't make this thread difficult. It's a basic concept of what is going on here.

StiltmanFTW
My character is Carver, he cost me a watermelon and 3 hot wings.

He steamrolls 1-5 and stops at Insane Ti... hanos.

DarkSaint85
Good thread.....I'll get back to this in a few. Need to actually ponder.

StiltmanFTW
*heart attack*

*chokes on his own spit*

*falls from his chair*

You... you have actually complimented carver?

DarkSaint85
He's me bestie.

So when I pick 'skill', is that one skill? Say, for example, I choose Batman's'skill'. Would that be limited to his fighting or would I also get his stealth skills and language etc?

carver9
Good question. To minimize confusion, if you choose skill, you have to mention which skill you're getting, H2H, prep, etc... also, would prep mean anything, unless you have super speed of course.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
My character is Carver, he cost me a watermelon and 3 hot wings.

He steamrolls 1-5 and stops at Insane Ti... hanos.

Hate watermelon but wings, I'm down.

DarkSaint85
Can I buy items as well?

So as an example, a GL is HH, so I can get their ring? Or, say, Logan's claws.

Or even Punisher's Adamantium knife.

Smurph
Originally posted by carver9
Good question. To minimize confusion, if you choose skill, you have to mention which skill you're getting, H2H, prep, etc... also, would prep mean anything, unless you have super speed of course. Hmmmm

Wally - super speed - $4
Constantine - prep skills - $4
Xavier - mind phuckery - $2

StiltmanFTW
Hate watermelon but wings, I'm down.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

It was Adamantium-Vibranium, lol.

DarkSaint85
Curse you, Smurph, for stealing my Wally base.

But yes, so far I have Wally's speed, Karate Kid's skill, Longshot's luck, Multiple Man's cloning, and am still building.

A second build utilises Reed and/or Rose Tattoo, Ambrose Chase's timestop ability ..m

qwertyuiop1998
Wally - Super speed - $4
Jay Garrick - Speed stealing - $2
Xavier - Telepathy - $2
Soranik Natu - GL ring -$2

MrMind
the way marvel fanboys order their gauntlet is just too funny

Smurph

But yes, so far I have Wally's speed, Karate Kid's skill, Longshot's luck, Multiple Man's cloning, and am still building.

A second build utilises Reed and/or Rose Tattoo, Ambrose Chase's timestop ability ..m thumb up

Wally - speed - $4
Madrox - duping - $1.50
Longshot - luck - $1.50
Karate Kid - MA - $1.50

Take Rogue - power thief for the last $1.50 since these powers guarantee that all dupes can make contact with all opponents.

Smurph

DarkSaint85
Or replace Wally's speed with Northstar's speed, and have Wally's speed steal ability.

With any luck (lol) I can solo the entire gauntlet at once

StiltmanFTW
Northstar moves at the speed of mungi, that cannot be quantified and it costs more than a quintilion of hot wings.

MrMind
in other word, snail compared to thor

Smurph
Wally - speed
Jay - speed steal
Animal Man - animal mimicry
Matter-Eater Lad - nom nom

Speed steal.
Duplicate via bacteria.
Appetite of a blue whale and the chewing of a star-nosed mole.
Nom nom.

cdtm
Build back better hits kmc?

Couldn't resist. smile

I'll get back with an answer after work.

carver9
Can I buy items as well?

So as an example, a GL is HH, so I can get their ring? Or, say, Logan's claws.

Yes to all but it need to be items that are always with the characters.

carver9
Originally posted by Smurph
Wally - speed
Jay - speed steal
Animal Man - animal mimicry
Matter-Eater Lad - nom nom

Speed steal.
Duplicate via bacteria.
Appetite of a blue whale and the chewing of a star-nosed mole.
Nom nom.

Genius

DarkSaint85

A second build utilises Reed and/or Rose Tattoo, Ambrose Chase's timestop ability ..m

Then I add Black Knight's Ebony Blade.

And take everyone's heads off at FTL speeds, with hundreds of clones.

Or Cap's shield and do the same. But the Ebony Blade is magical, at least

Parmaniac
Delph would only need 3,50$ to clear.

StiltmanFTW
I imagine he would cost me less hot wings than carver.

Badabing
I've missed these types of threads.

DarkSaint85
Or....

Meta team:

Northstar's speed
Invisible Woman's forcefields
Fantomex's misdirection
Gorgon's stone stare
Blink's blinkiness
Nemesis' Creation Blades.
Batman's'skill.

carver9
Don't see how you're taking out some of the people on that list, though with those abilities.

beatboks
Devil slayers shadow cloak -$150
Longshot's luck - while I think he's meta will price at $2
Argus' vision (do I have to pick a specific type or is all his vision OK?) -$1.50
Justice's teleportation - $1.50
Hellstrom's trident (hellfire) -$2
Fantomex's missdirection - $1.50

The combination of Longshots luck and Fantomex misdirection means all my opponents attacks always miss me and I NEVER miss.

Argus' vision means I can see weak points and where they will be in advance so can hit them despite their speed.

Devil Slayers cloak allows me to BFR any of them like he did when he soloed Hulk and Valkyrie in Defenders. I can also pull an endless supply of effective weapons fromnit like for example the ebony blade (which henhas already done once) that can slice and dice all of them as well as absorb all their energy attacks and return them (like Black Knight did to Zeus)

Justice's teleporting pre exiles upgrade was outside his control but basically always ported him somewhere else when his life was endangered and his other powers or he himself wasn't prepared. As such any attack that bypasses luck and misdirection is still avoided

Hellstrom's hellfire is a perfect attack and their durability won't protect them from it.

There is literally no way my build can he hit to be put down but each level of the gauntlet can be hellfire burnt, BFR'd or sliced and diced with ebony blade without me needing to buy it

😜

DarkSaint85
Don't see how you're taking out some of the people on that list, though with those abilities.

The Creation Blades at light speed, coupled with bubbles in the brain (also at lightspeed)? Don't see why not.

Or are you asking about the first build, where I am using the Ebony Blade at FTL?

carver9
Originally posted by beatboks
Devil slayers shadow cloak -$150
Longshot's luck - while I think he's meta will price at $2
Argus' vision (do I have to pick a specific type or is all his vision OK?) -$1.50
Justice's teleportation - $1.50
Hellstrom's trident (hellfire) -$2
Fantomex's missdirection - $1.50

The combination of Longshots luck and Fantomex misdirection means all my opponents attacks always miss me and I NEVER miss.

Argus' vision means I can see weak points and where they will be in advance so can hit them despite their speed.

Devil Slayers cloak allows me to BFR any of them like he did when he soloed Hulk and Valkyrie in Defenders. I can also pull an endless supply of effective weapons fromnit like for example the ebony blade (which henhas already done once) that can slice and dice all of them as well as absorb all their energy attacks and return them (like Black Knight did to Zeus)

Justice's teleporting pre exiles upgrade was outside his control but basically always ported him somewhere else when his life was endangered and his other powers or he himself wasn't prepared. As such any attack that bypasses luck and misdirection is still avoided

Hellstrom's hellfire is a perfect attack and their durability won't protect them from it.

There is literally no way my build can he hit to be put down but each level of the gauntlet can be hellfire burnt, BFR'd or sliced and diced with ebony blade without me needing to buy it

😜

Wow!!!

carver9
The Creation Blades at light speed, coupled with bubbles in the brain (also at lightspeed)? Don't see why not.

Or are you asking about the first build, where I am using the Ebony Blade at FTL?

How are you taking out Surfer with this tactic? Slicing him up won't stop him and bubble to the brain probably won't either.

DarkSaint85
How are you taking out Surfer with this tactic? Slicing him up won't stop him and bubble to the brain probably won't either.

Look up Creation Blades. They blocked Tao from using his powers

DarkSaint85
From 2012, when you said the same thing about slicing Surfer:

Originally posted by "Id"
Its not so much the slicing, as the effects it has if he stabs him with it. Blades molded from the creation engine neutralize/disrupts being with the power of creation.

The blade can one shot the surfer if it lands cleanly.

They're not just sharp swords.

zopzop
Odin : time stop $8
Wolverine : admantium claws $1.50

/thread

Astner
Originally posted by MrMind
the way marvel fanboys order their gauntlet is just too funny
I don't think that they're ordered after strength. I mean Martian Manhunter is a lot more versatile than Superman but his weakness to fire is rather exploitable.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Odin : time stop $8
Wolverine : admantium claws $1.50

/thread

Do you have the strength to stab through all of these people though?

Stoic
Originally posted by Smurph
thumb up

Wally - speed - $4
Madrox - duping - $1.50
Longshot - luck - $1.50
Karate Kid - MA - $1.50

Take Rogue - power thief for the last $1.50 since these powers guarantee that all dupes can make contact with all opponents.

This right here.

beatboks
Way I see it I still did the best. I used a single power of 5 low to mid metas and one low herald.

Imagine if instead of buying one power only we were buying their whole powerset as an amalgam

Devilslayer would add TP that he basically uses for illusion

Argus and Justice would both add healing factor (one regret gouged out eyes, the other regret a blown off hand)

Justice would add energy blasts and force fields. Plus aura vision (which allows him to know intent) if we go with exiles upgrade he'd also add to Devil Slayers TP.

Hellstrom would add magic, healing, devination and class 40 stats.

Longshot also adds touch precog (which when added to Argus Future vision, Justice aura vision and Hellstrom' devination would make for a full on all knowing seer)

@alberto that is why you would have lost if you didn't chicken out of the challenge on HC yellow . You could have picked your 3 DC heralds and with me using Devil slayer, Justice and Iron Fist any way I choose it would have been an amalgam of the three. But you turned your yellow butt and ran like always.

DarkSaint85
Or....

Alfred's or Penguin's h2h skill. 0.75
Northstar's speed 1.5
Either the Creation Blades, or the Ebony Blade 1.5

$3.75. not quite three fiddy, but close. That's the cheapest I can make it, unless we ignore the h2h skill (all I need to do is slash at FTL speed lol) then I can do it with $3.

Basically, a speedster + a haxx weapon.

Smurph

DarkSaint85
Or I replace the speedster with Batman's stealth, which enables him to hide from Superman whilst he's looking at him, and sneak past the Spectre etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.