Imitation of Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Spiderman goes missing and Stark gives the people below a Spiderman suit that allows them to stick to walls, shoot webbing (auto refills), and a device built into the suit that imitates Spidermans voice. The goal is to prevent Spiderman enemies from knowing he is missing, so the people below is filling in for him (with the suit mentioned above). Who can imitate Spiderman the best for a month?

Contestants...

Wolverine
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Captain America

Yes, I know, these guys are different in height and size... let's just assume that isn't a factor here. Who does this job the best?

h1a8
I would say Cap because he is strongest
But daredevil has the rest (senses and agility)

StiltmanFTW
Interesting thread.

Daredevil is probably the closest to Peter, as he relies on superhuman acrobatics and senses, not to mention he has even spent a huge chunk of his career having the same sense of humour.

Wolverine did a wallcrawling race with Spider Woman, without any gadgets or his claws.

The Punisher (who is not listed here, sadly) has some actual experience with webswinging.

Then there was Kraven, who actually pretended to be Spider-Man and beat Vermin.

Prowler, who pretended to be SM in order to help Peter keep his superhero indentity safe.

lawest9
Originally posted by h1a8
But daredevil has the rest (senses and agility)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by h1a8

Based on absolutely nothing laughing out loud

Parmaniac
Daredevil

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Daredevil

thumb up

He's almost the same character, especially the early version by Stan Lee.

Hell, they even share some villains laughing out loud

Parmaniac
Also his Radar Sense could compensate the lack of an actual Spider-Sense a little bit, since he can "see" in all directions at once.

StyleTime
I'd also have to go with Daredevil, as he is the closest to Spiderman-lite here. I think the hardest part would be the feats of strength, unless he channels his AvX force.

But, the villains would likely just think Spidey had been weakened or something. I don't think they'd immediately guess it was some one else. Most of them anyway.

Well, okay, Wolverine would be obvious. Visually, their bodies are too different.

Smurph
Taskmaster

Parmaniac
Is not on the list, you can choose between 2 Captain Americas though.

DarkSaint85
One of the Caps is actually Taskmaster in disguise, so it's ok.

Smurph
Originally posted by carver9

Contestants...

Captain America
Captain America

Yes, I know, these guys are different in height and size... let's just assume that isn't a factor here.

Good thing Carv cleared that up

carver9
I didn't even notice that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StyleTime
I'd also have to go with Daredevil, as he is the closest to Spiderman-lite here. I think the hardest part would be the feats of strength, unless he channels his AvX force.

Spider-Man holds back immensely most of the time (some writers don't consider him to be a true Class 10 to begin with and write him as weaker, but I digress), so that wouldn't raise too much suspicion... also, it's not like anyone in the list can match Parker's strength, so we can't afford to be picky.

But, the villains would likely just think Spidey had been weakened or something. I don't think they'd immediately guess it was some one else. Most of them anyway.

Weakened or going easy on them, yes.

Agreed.

The hardest part to replicate would be Peter's retarded sense of humour nobody finds funny anymore - only Daredevil can do that perfectly, seeing how Stan essentially has written him as Peter #2 and some writers re-visited that.

Well, okay, Wolverine would be obvious. Visually, their bodies are too different.

In this whole plane of existence, there aren't many people who got their asses destroyed by carver, but you just did:

Yes, I know, these guys are different in height and size... let's just assume that isn't a factor here. Who does this job the best?

And I wouldn't be myself if I didn't wank Wolverine here, so adding this:

https://i.ibb.co/QND1Bcf/drew.png

Also, don't forget how - despite the body difference - Wolverine has managed to fool Hand and Hydra into thinking he was several different superheroes. That's... some insane acting skills and resourcefulness laughing out loud

Including (but not limited to) mimicking Captain America's skill or Beast's agility and even his patter, which definitely would be useful here (especially combined with the ability to scale the walls):

https://i.ibb.co/qnbpNJY/wolverinebeast.png

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Spider-Man holds back immensely most of the time (some writers don't consider him to be a true Class 10 to begin with and write him as weaker, but I digress), so that wouldn't raise too much suspicion... also, it's not like anyone in the list can match Parker's strength, so we can't afford to be picky.

Weakened or going easy on them, yes.

Agreed.

The hardest part to replicate would be Peter's retarded sense of humour nobody finds funny anymore - only Daredevil can do that perfectly, seeing how Stan essentially has written him as Peter #2 and some writers re-visited that.

In this whole plane of existence, there aren't many people who got their asses destroyed by carver, but you just did:

And I wouldn't be myself if I didn't wank Wolverine here, so adding this:

https://i.ibb.co/QND1Bcf/drew.png

Also, don't forget how - despite the body difference - Wolverine has managed to fool Hand and Hydra into thinking he was several different superheroes. That's... some insane acting skills and resourcefulness laughing out loud

Including (but not limited to) mimicking Captain America's skill or Beast's agility and even his patter, which definitely would be useful here (especially combined with the ability to scale the walls):

https://i.ibb.co/qnbpNJY/wolverinebeast.png

Good catch, Stilt. I read this comic like 8 times (I know you're going to challenge that statement but whatever) and forgot all about this scene.

StyleTime

In this whole plane of existence, there aren't many people who got their asses destroyed by carver, but you just did
thumb up

I totally didn't see that.

StiltmanFTW
Good catch, Stilt. I read this comic like 8 times (I know you're going to challenge that statement but whatever) and forgot all about this scene.

Look, I'm not that much of an *******, I'm not going to challenge it if you don't give me a good reason to...

Wait...

I read this comic like 8 times

forgot all about this scene.

A young guy taking ducklips selfies for his instagram shouldn't have such severe memory problems, you need to eat some nuts.

And I don't mean my nuts (no reason to get on your knees again, I can't get hard again so soon), I meant adding pistachios, peanuts and walnuts to your diet.

thumb up

I totally didn't see that.

It's too late.

Your forum cred will need years to be restored.

carver9
Lmao

StiltmanFTW
Out of curiosity, which one you meant?

The one with Jessica or the one with Wolverine trolling the shit out of Hand/Hydra?

carver9
The Shiva one.

StiltmanFTW
Larry Hama and Shiva have nothing to do with either example, I'm afraid.

So, you're most likely just trying to give me a stroke.

DarkSaint85
He means the redhead

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He means the redhead

https://i.ibb.co/RhfpZFb/630.png

DarkSaint85
The Asgardian

StiltmanFTW
You're telling me Red Norvell is secretly a drag queen and goes out as "Lady Shiva" on weekends?

I knew it.

Delta1938
You're telling me Red Norvell is secretly a drag queen and goes out as "Lady Shiva" on weekends?

I knew it.

This would explain why Mr.Mind started fanboying Thor for awhile, trying to get near Red Norvell.

h1a8
What will give DD away is that he is weak.
But he will be the closest to Spider-Man if you don't see his strength.

Cap is almost as acrobatic but much stronger. What can make up for Cap lack of special senses is his perception speed and his cunning ability to predict attacks (Master of aim dodging).

If both engaged a superhuman (in physicality) enemy in a fight then they would quickly discover that DD isn't Spider-Man (strikes are way weaker).

With Cap it wouldn't be as obvious.

carver9
Larry Hama and Shiva have nothing to do with either example, I'm afraid.

So, you're most likely just trying to give me a stroke.

The Jubilee one.

StiltmanFTW
Stroke it is thumb up

-Pr-
I read

#doubt.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
#doubt.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.