Iron Man vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VanMae
Iron Man vs Aquaman

abhilegend
Aquaman

StiltmanFTW
laughing

carver9
Ironman

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by abhilegend
Aquaman Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing mmm

thumb up

lawest9
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
mmm

thumb up Ironman, too many range attacks.

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by lawest9
Ironman, too many range attacks.

Going off base stuff though, a lot of those ranged attacks are useless. Could be deflected or absorbed by the trident or overall just tanked.

carver9
Which attacks are he tanking?

DarkSaint85
Let's assume it's not amped IM who is throwing planets around..... short-lived amps aren't usable, anyway.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing
durhulk

Delta1938
What caused Iron Man's amp and what has he done?

EcstaticGrace

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Delta1938
What caused Iron Man's amp and what has he done?
Iron Man(2020) #15

Basically, Iron Man became a cosmic being. He threw planets around, torn a hole in space and traveled to another universe

Old Man Whirly!
Satellite used on WBH iron man can be a network remember.

DarkSaint85
I don't think he has his satellite network as standard equipment. The neutral arena where the fight takes place doesn't have satellites overhead, any more than Arthur has Atlantis at his beck and call.

EcstaticGrace

beatboks
Which Armor is IM using here?
I mean excluding current amp there are a lot of versions of his armor that don't dish out anymore damage than say Black Manta, Gamesman or Gunfire that Arthur has tanked. Then there versions of Tony's armor that do a lot more damage.

StiltmanFTW
The armor he was using before the cosmic amp allowed him to assrape Terrax in a few panels.

But I'm not sure Tony needs any armor here. C'mon, it's Aquaman laughing out loud

https://i.imgur.com/sYULmVY.gif

-Pr-
You're just jealous that Aquaman looks more aryan than you do.

Old Man Whirly!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
You're just jealous that Aquaman looks more aryan than you do.

Look, I'm not German, you're confusing me with Parm again laughing out loud

However, I can't deny I'd love to to watch all some of my "beloved" countrymen suffocate in gas chambers, guess you got me here.

DarkSaint85
Surely most Iron man armors are able to network with whatever is available. He could pull the European space station out of orbit and bring it hurtling down like a rocket. on panel feet, why is that a weird argument? In most recent iterations, Iron man is not a ghost in the machine, he is the machine.

But I don't think there ARE any satellites etc present here, any more than we assume there are sea monsters nearby for Arthur to call upon....

If the fight was set on our Earth, yeah ok I agree with you, seeing as we have no monsters (except ourselves....ooh edgy) but we do have satellites.

StiltmanFTW
I'm sure Arthur with his famous super-hearing would enjoy Tony's sonics.

-Pr-

However, I can't deny I'd love to to watch all some of my "beloved" countrymen suffocate in gas chambers, guess you got me here.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me; I was just accusing you of being a flat-out racist.

Though I can see where the Nazi thing came from, sure.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But I don't think there ARE any satellites etc present here, any more than we assume there are sea monsters nearby for Arthur to call upon....

If the fight was set on our Earth, yeah ok I agree with you, seeing as we have no monsters (except ourselves....ooh edgy) but we do have satellites. Iron Man smashes Sea monsters for breakfast. smile How many times has he beaten heralds now? Terrax X2, Superman once? Hulk x2? Graviton x1 or 2 etc. my mind blurs... and Arthur... is a bit shit tbh.

StiltmanFTW
Oh, please don't misunderstand me; I was just accusing you of being a flat-out racist.

You can't even imagine how tempted I am to post the most popular No Way Home meme of all time that already got re-shared thousands of times...

But somehow I think it's... safer to let you figure out which one I mean on your own... haermm2

Delta1938

You're around, so Hitler obviously didn't do a good job when he invaded you guys. sneer

StiltmanFTW
That's because he was too preoccupied with Jews.

Wait. Is there a single confirmed Jewish KMCer...? mmm

DarkSaint85

Gotta check the peens. Lawest has the pics.

StiltmanFTW
Gotta check the peens. Lawest has the pics.

laughing out loud

He certainly does. A very well known dick pic collector thumb up

Heard he's got whole terabytes of those...

Philosophía
Wait. Is there a single confirmed Jewish KMCer...? mmm Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
confirmed Well, that would kind of defeat the whole purpose.

EcstaticGrace

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
Which Armor is IM using here?
I mean excluding current amp there are a lot of versions of his armor that don't dish out anymore damage than say Black Manta, Gamesman or Gunfire that Arthur has tanked. Then there versions of Tony's armor that do a lot more damage.
We could use his symbiote suit?

Delta1938

Recently my friend while we played SIEGE joked about Smoke(poison smoke canisters) being a Nazi if he used it on Ash(Jewish), Flores(gay) and Zofia(Polish, though I have no idea if you guys actually let women in Special Ops).

One time BikiniBodhi while playing Smoke went, "I got her!! I got Ash!! I.....gassed the only Jewish Operator in the game....."

Old Man Whirly!
Hmm, quite amused by how triggered someone is over their favourite. mmm

EcstaticGrace
Disagree totally and your argument is obviously much worse based on the same lack of evidence you provide kid.

I just mirrored yours honestly. We could look at stats if you want?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
I just mirrored yours honestly. We could look at stats if you want? Stats in comics? laughing out loud This is very serious to you, amirite?

DarkSaint85
Does IM always use forcefields? Otherwise, unless he uses materials like Adamantium and vibranium, the metals he uses should be pretty flimsy compared to comic heralds and metas....

Old Man Whirly!
Does IM always use forcefields? Otherwise, unless he uses materials like Adamantium and vibranium, the metals he uses should be pretty flimsy compared to comic heralds and metas.... Depends on the run, Bendishad insane forcefield usage for Iron Man.

That's why stats never work Iron Man can take hits from all sorts of people whose power levels are all over the place.

DarkSaint85
Stats in comics? laughing out loud This is very serious to you, amirite?

And as always, reading Whirly's posts gives me the perspective I need lol.

-Pr-
It's a comic book vs forum. Why wouldn't stats be important? Or am I missing something?

DarkSaint85
Depends on the run, Bendishad insane forcefield usage for Iron Man.

That's why stats never work Iron Man can take hits from all sorts of people whose power levels are all over the place.

Yeah...but sans forcefields, is there an explanation for his durability?

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah...but sans forcefields, is there an explanation for his durability? Comics...Originally posted by -Pr-
It's a comic book vs forum. Why wouldn't stats be important? Or am I missing something? mmm because the only Stats that matter in comics are things like whose book is it and what level of power is needed for the situation to be dramatic. Tbh, whilst things like Shooter's check list improved the consistancy of power levels in comics they are certainly not something which can be defined enough that kind of scientific statistics can be taken or applied. Look at handbooks. We ban things like Marvel Vs DC due to Wolverine beating Lobo but in honesty far greater outliers happen in books all the time. There was a time, for instance, when the Celestials were so far above Pantheon Gods that pacts had to be made, lately they've been kicked around by Loki and the Avengers. Stats mean nothing, times change, writers change, popularity changes or a writer just decides wouldn't it be cool if Thor killed Galactus or Spidey beat Firelord etc. Rinse and repeat.

StiltmanFTW
Does IM always use forcefields? Otherwise, unless he uses materials like Adamantium and vibranium, the metals he uses should be pretty flimsy compared to comic heralds and metas....

Not always. Although you can never be sure with the skintight personal ff type, Mags and Juggs have the same problem.

Stark uses special alloys which don't exist irl and can change when powered up, for example getting all hard (YES, as kinky and as silly as it sounds, but Tony's inventions have a history of being wacky... remember his turbo roller skates? Tiny transistors? Or repulsors suddenly becoming the multi-purpose uber tech capable of miracles and changing the world?).

Some stories have him shrugging off ground zero explosions and Class 100s, other have him jobbing to Peter Parker.

Aquaman needs 5-6 more Geoff Johnses giving him a handie for like a decade to catch up with the big boys.

Old Man Whirly!
Not always. Although you can never be sure with the skintight personal ff type, Mags and Juggs have the same problem.

Stark uses special alloys which don't exist irl and can change when powered up, for example getting all hard (YES, as kinky and as silly as it sounds, but Tony's inventions have a history of being wacky... remember his turbo roller skates? Tiny transistors? Or repulsors suddenly becoming the multi-purpose uber tech capable of miracles and changing the world?).

Some stories have him shrugging off ground zero explosions and Class 100s, other have him jobbing to Peter Parker.

Aquaman needs 5-6 more Geoff Johnses giving him a handie for like a decade to catch up with the big boys. Aquamarine actually has caught up with big boys he loves a male Orca according to Namor.

Agreed re the power levels, Iron man's stats are all over the place.

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

Old Man Whirly!

carver9
Ironman wins a healthy majority

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by carver9
Ironman wins a healthy majority thumb up I knew I could count on you Carv.

-Pr-
Comics... mmm because the only Stats that matter in comics are things like whose book is it and what level of power is needed for the situation to be dramatic. Tbh, whilst things like Shooter's check list improved the consistancy of power levels in comics they are certainly not something which can be defined enough that kind of scientific statistics can be taken or applied. Look at handbooks. We ban things like Marvel Vs DC due to Wolverine beating Lobo but in honesty far greater outliers happen in books all the time. There was a time, for instance, when the Celestials were so far above Pantheon Gods that pacts had to be made, lately they've been kicked around by Loki and the Avengers. Stats mean nothing, times change, writers change, popularity changes or a writer just decides wouldn't it be cool if Thor killed Galactus or Spidey beat Firelord etc. Rinse and repeat.

pr1983

Do you... not know what board you're on?

carver9
I change my mind, Aquaman stomps

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
I change my mind, Aquaman stomps

So I guess that means Iron Man wins. Unless this is the broken clock thing.

Old Man Whirly!
pr1983

Do you... not know what board you're on? I am aware, I am on a board where adult men argue over which fictional being would beat which other fictional being based on printed still drawings and printed text. Where characters come back from the dead, universes come back from the dead and everything is in a constant state of dynamic equilibrium.

I'd be autistic if I believed any of that was quantifiable or important, wouldn't I?

-Pr-
I am aware, I am on a board where adult men argue over which fictional being would beat which other fictional being based on printed still drawings and printed text. Where characters come back from the dead, universes come back from the dead and everything is in a constant state of dynamic equilibrium.

I'd be autistic if I believed any of that was quantifiable or important, wouldn't I?

I believe it's not appropriate to believe you decide what aspect of a hobby should or should not be important to anyone. It's a hobby after all. You get out of it what you get out of it.

Old Man Whirly!
I believe it's not appropriate to believe you decide what aspect of a hobby should or should not be important to anyone. It's a hobby after all. You get out of it what you get out of it. To quote comic book guy...

"But Aquaman you cannot marry a woman with gills, you are from two different worlds".

I'm certainly not deciding what anyone should like. I'm merely stating comics have inbuilt inconsistencies that make the characters as powerful as they need to be. Stats are ridiculous. Iron Man can make his Phoenix buster armour or his armour that one shots Captain Marvel. He can also defeat Hercules with mains voltage...

People can get whatever enjoyment they need from comics for sure.

-Pr-
To quote comic book guy...

"But Aquaman you cannot marry a woman with gills, you are from two different worlds".

I'm certainly not deciding what anyone should like. I'm merely stating comics have inbuilt inconsistencies that make the characters as powerful as they need to be. Stats are ridiculous. Iron Man can make his Phoenix buster armour or his armour that one shots Captain Marvel. He can also defeat Hercules with mains voltage...

People can get whatever enjoyment they need from comics for sure.

I just don't get the reason for the statement, is all. I don't mean to be combative, I just feel like... do you think we didn't all know this already, or something?

Like I said, I could be missing something. Just seemed strange to me was all.

Old Man Whirly!
I just don't get the reason for the statement, is all. I don't mean to be combative, I just feel like... do you think we didn't all know this already, or something?

Like I said, I could be missing something. Just seemed strange to me was all. I've said before on many occasions that scans and prophets of scans killed comic forums. Because they destroyed common sense... What is Iron Man's greatest feat? The fact he can pull a macguffin new armour like the Godbuster out of his arse and go toe to toe with Celestials... or whip up an armour for dealing with Dark elves etc. I'm sure you all know this if you are sane that trying to find the meaning hidden in a comic page is the same as doing it with the Koran or the Bible. Fictional stories, with fictional characters are fun... Aquaman has had a hand of water, a hook, several tridents etc. Most of these are like Tony's armour for deus ex machina plot lines and ex nihilo endings.

-Pr-
I've said before on many occasions that scans and prophets of scans killed comic forums. Because they destroyed common sense... What is Iron Man's greatest feat? The fact he can pull a macguffin new armour like the Godbuster out of his arse and go toe to toe with Celestials... or whip up an armour for dealing with Dark elves etc. I'm sure you all know this if you are sane that trying to find the meaning hidden in a comic page is the same as doing it with the Koran or the Bible. Fictional stories, with fictional characters are fun... Aquaman has had a hand of water, a hook, several tridents etc. Most of these are like Tony's armour for deus ex machina plot lines and ex nihilo endings.

I don't disagree.

I just think that coming in here and saying that is like going in to a pub and telling people how great sobriety is. I mean, it's not wrong, it just seems... pointless, to me. Debating which character can beat which (and i use the word debate loosely) doesn't work without creating standards and frameworks.

Though it would be easier if writers weren't so damn lazy a lot of the time.

Old Man Whirly!
I don't disagree.

I just think that coming in here and saying that is like going in to a pub and telling people how great sobriety is. I mean, it's not wrong, it just seems... pointless, to me. Debating which character can beat which (and i use the word debate loosely) doesn't work without creating standards and frameworks.

Though it would be easier if writers weren't so damn lazy a lot of the time. I only do it when people want to engage in a "serious debate". No poster on this forum, in it's busiest heyday was probably lauded as "da best debater" more than me outside of tourneys which I have never engaged in. Not that I have a problem with people being engaged in Tourneys, as you said you get what you put in and take out of any hobby? Was I the best debater? Hell no! I was just a guy who spent too much time on a forum (I probably still do) arguing about the unquantifiable. I learnt from my point of view no one can convince everyone of anything in comics and view points never or rarely change. Now and again a poster comes a long at a time in their lives where they need to be engaged in "serious debates" about characters who don't know underwear goes on first and you get a board impressed by Phoenix, or the Surfer to a ridiculous level and board bias becomes a thing. Boards have to be busy for that mind, and battle boards are no longer busy.

StiltmanFTW
(I probably still do)

"PROBABLY" laughing out loud

Happy Birthday again, you legend love

qwertyuiop1998
I hope this doesnt sound impolite, but I genuinely wonder how old is Whirly.....

-Pr-
I only do it when people want to engage in a "serious debate". No poster on this forum, in it's busiest heyday was probably lauded as "da best debater" more than me outside of tourneys which I have never engaged in. Not that I have a problem with people being engaged in Tourneys, as you said you get what you put in and take out of any hobby? Was I the best debater? Hell no! I was just a guy who spent too much time on a forum (I probably still do) arguing about the unquantifiable. I learnt from my point of view no one can convince everyone of anything in comics and view points never or rarely change. Now and again a poster comes a long at a time in their lives where they need to be engaged in "serious debates" about characters who don't know underwear goes on first and you get a board impressed by Phoenix, or the Surfer to a ridiculous level and board bias becomes a thing. Boards have to be busy for that mind, and battle boards are no longer busy.

Okay? Gonna be honest, you've kinda lost me. Could be my fault though.

Old Man Whirly!
"PROBABLY" laughing out loud

Happy Birthday again, you legend love Oh, O.K. Definately Stilt loveOriginally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I hope this doesnt sound impolite, but I genuinely wonder how old is Whirly..... thumb up laughing out loudNot impolite at all Qwerty, I am 55. Younger than Lawest Asbestos Flaygon or Mindship but older than Bada, Rob or
Bruce Originally posted by -Pr-
Okay? Gonna be honest, you've kinda lost me. Could be my fault though. Always my friend smile

EcstaticGrace
Explains the pointless rambling

Juntai
Did I miss the part of forum history where Whirly was a seriously respected debater?

stick out tongue

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Juntai
Did I miss the part of forum history where Whirly was a seriously respected debater?

stick out tongue An easy one would be the first 33 pages of the best debaters, now guy and Rao thread old pal.

Culminating in this,

Originally posted by leonidas
<<I agree with that Its not about the best debater its about good debates>>

all hail whirly the great!! well said, my friend . . .

ps-thanks so much to those few of you who mentioned me in your 'whirly-cursed lists'! i'll not name you, for fear of putting you on whirly's naughty list . . .

smile

There's a load of best debater threads from people too... most closed by Paola, as I suspect you are aware.Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Explains the pointless rambling mmm you love Aquaman? Are you a Sturgeon?

Juntai
An easy one would be the first 33 pages of the best debaters, now guy and Rao thread old pal.

Culminating in this,

There's a load of best debater threads from people too... most closed by Paola, as I suspect you are aware. I was teasing.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Juntai
I was teasing. embarrasment I thought you were, but we don't interact like 15 years ago sadly, so I couldn't be sure.

EcstaticGrace
mmm you love Aquaman? Are you a Sturgeon?

You caught me

Old Man Whirly!
You caught me wink thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I hope this doesnt sound impolite, but I genuinely wonder how old is Whirly.....

Check out his official birthday thread:

Happy 75th Birthday Whirly!!!!!!!!!

vin

EcstaticGrace

leonidas
you see, this:

and this:

is what i've missed.... love

BroomShroom
Iron Man has the stats and versatility to take a reasonable majority over Arthur here. If Stark fights dumb he may get impaled by that Trident.

EcstaticGrace
Yeah depends on what Stark does. If he fights how he typically fights he loses though.

Stoic
Tony has nearly every advantage. It's his fight to lose imo

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Tony has nearly every advantage. It's his fight to lose imo

Not the strength advantage.

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Was Hulk at full capacity then, Stoic?

Sin I AM
Was Hulk at full capacity then, Stoic?

Not his fault he's been reading out of context scans in other threads

Old Man Whirly!
Was Hulk at full capacity then, Stoic? he was in an amped and permenatly enraged state due to a faulty pacemaker. So, above standard level, but unable to have his usual dynamic strength. He was though at the savage level which he rarely gets to where he can't speak.

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

BroomShroom
The main upgrades are speed and stamina focused as far as Iron Man goes. Aquaman probably scales to be stronger in general, maybe not stronger than every armor though. Iron Man ranges from average mid-tier to like low-high/herald tier. It kinda depends on the armor he has since some could hold up way better than others assuming he fights normally. The newer armors besides the most recent model 70 are pretty meh lately. Assuming he has Model 70 here, he can tank Aquaman's normal hits just fine and can definitely wear him down if need be. CIS aside, Tony could take the trident via magnetism lol

Namor is an unexplainably inconsistent mess so not gonna comment on him. Guy could look Hulk or Thor level in one moment, and then be fodder in the next comic. Hard to say he scales over every armor.

h1a8

EcstaticGrace

MrMind
namor is much stronger than aquaman for sure

EcstaticGrace

Stoic

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BroomShroom
The main upgrades are speed and stamina focused as far as Iron Man goes. Aquaman probably scales to be stronger in general, maybe not stronger than every armor though. Iron Man ranges from average mid-tier to like low-high/herald tier. It kinda depends on the armor he has since some could hold up way better than others assuming he fights normally. The newer armors besides the most recent model 70 are pretty meh lately. Assuming he has Model 70 here, he can tank Aquaman's normal hits just fine and can definitely wear him down if need be. CIS aside, Tony could take the trident via magnetism lol

Namor is an unexplainably inconsistent mess so not gonna comment on him. Guy could look Hulk or Thor level in one moment, and then be fodder in the next comic. Hard to say he scales over every armor. iron man's strength inconsistencies depend less on the armour and more on the writer and whose book he is in.

EcstaticGrace

FlawlessFridge
iron man's strength inconsistencies depend less on the armour and more on the writer and whose book he is in. You somewhat have a point, modern writers definitely tend to have lower view of him compared to the older ones where he used to be a solidified powerhouse. From the classic days to Bleeding Edge/Extremis (those armors came up around the time he was getting newfound movie success) he could definitely hold his own for the most part. Extremis had a few moments where it jobbed hard AF, but it also had moments that would solidify it as one of the stronger characters. Those Bendis and Slott armors were terrible jobbers that you could hardly pick out any notable feats from, which is a considerable difference compared to Bleeding Edge or most of his previous armors even if they did operate around the same tier. Cantwell's model 70 has been solid on the other hand. As long he stays away from Carol Danvers, it just might end up being one of the best lmfao. Model 70 is based off old armors so it makes sense why it comes off as more impressive than whatever jobber armors and buster suits he had before that. Old comic Iron Man was more important to the Marvel universe, modern Iron Man tends to just be used to make cringe buster suits, be an out of character jerk, or have his technology embarrassingly destroyed to make other characters look better.
That's the way I see it anyway. It's no surprise that his MCU counterpart has way more success than a character most writers wouldn't bother to do any favors for lol

h1a8
Originally posted by MrMind
namor is much stronger than aquaman for sure

No he isn't. They are peers. Aquaman has gotten a strength push lately. Tectonic plates and others.

Namor has consistently contended with Thing who is in the 100-300 the range.

Namor in average may be slightly stronger but not by much.

FlawlessFridge
@Stoic
Iron Man actually beat Mindless Hulk I'm pretty sure. He also used a similar maneuver to dent Classic Graviton's shields when Thor couldn't, briefly match Count Nefaria's strength, and give Namor the "mightiest blows he has ever felt". The punch he used on Hulk is probably stronger than all of those barring the Count Nefaria instance considering he focused all of his energy into one punch and it put Stark into a coma after he hit Hulk. When Iron Man disables his safety protocols, he seems to gain potentially teambuster levels of strength for a few seconds.

lol with that being said . . . You can't really use that to scale Iron Man off of Hulk's strength, but it is a notable ability that he could use to finish pretty much any enemy. I doubt he'd need to resort to something like that for Aquaman, unless this was maybe a pure fist fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by FlawlessFridge
@Stoic
Iron Man actually beat Mindless Hulk I'm pretty sure. He also used a similar maneuver to dent Classic Graviton's shields when Thor couldn't, briefly match Count Nefaria's strength, and give Namor the "mightiest blows he has ever felt". The punch he used on Hulk is probably stronger than all of those barring the Count Nefaria instance considering he focused all of his energy into one punch and it put Stark into a coma after he hit Hulk. When Iron Man disables his safety protocols, he seems to gain potentially teambuster levels of strength for a few seconds.

lol with that being said . . . You can't really use that to scale Iron Man off of Hulk's strength, but it is a notable ability that he could use to finish pretty much any enemy. I doubt he'd need to resort to something like that for Aquaman, unless this was maybe a pure fist fight.

Iron Man has no outside quantifiable feats above 200 tons.
ABC logic is faulty because of inconsistencies due to plot. He'll Cap and Spider-Man koed the Hulk and Spider-Man koed firelord.

You can create a poll on how strong Iron Man is (normal armor).
How much can he lift?
100-200 tons?
200-500 tons?
500-1000 tons?
I guarantee you that the vast majority would go with 100-200 tons and then 200-500 tons.

FlawlessFridge

Stoic

Sin I AM

Stoic

StiltmanFTW

FlawlessFridge
Originally posted by Sin I AM
How come he's never done that to Namor To my knowledge he'd need prep, but in Namor's case he knows him (meaning Tony could've easily prepped against Namor's fighting style) . . . Iron Man just fights dumb and doesn't use his versatility to his advantage like he could.

Stoic is coming up with weird and outlandish ways for Iron Man to win here, but honestly Iron Man shouldn't need all of that in most cases. Iron Man could use his potent magnetism to take Aquaman's trident (maybe even use it for himself against Arthur) and just wear him down with hot blasts + solid punches. Aquaman might have the edge in a pure fist fight, but if Iron Man can use heat, flight, and his physicals combined without the danger of being stabbed by the trident he should have this in the bag even if he fights normally, unless we use low-end durability for Iron Man.

Stoic

Sin I AM

Stoic

Stoic
Typo. Not firings, citing. Replace the two words. Could not edit.

FlawlessFridge
You're relying ona very out of character strategy for Tony to use here, if anything that would imply Iron Man should lose the majority.

Although I personally don't think he would. Iron Man's heat won't effect Aquaman as much as it would Namor, but it's strong enough to hurt him which should be enough to give him a win with a somewhat In-character strategy that I described before:

"Iron Man could use his potent magnetism to take Aquaman's trident (maybe even use it for himself against Arthur) and just wear him down with hot blasts + solid punches. Aquaman might have the edge in a pure fist fight, but if Iron Man can use heat, flight, and his physicals combined without the danger of being stabbed by the trident he should have this in the bag even if he fights normally, unless we use low-end durability for Iron Man." It wouldn't be an EASY win, but I think Iron Man should ultimately come out on top in this scenario.

Stoic

FlawlessFridge
Iron Man's fighting style is a case of CIS (Character induced stupidity) not PIS, which means it's his own fault that he doesn't pull out all of his best tricks when he should lol.

EcstaticGrace

Old Man Whirly!
Iron Man's fighting style is a case of CIS (Character induced stupidity) not PIS, which means it's his own fault that he doesn't pull out all of his best tricks when he should lol. the way you use lol, reminds me of an old poster. But I'm sure you're not Surtur... wink lol!

FlawlessFridge
@Stoic
I'm not saying what Iron Man can't do, I'm saying how likely is if for Tony to just look through and analyze Youtube's database for all possible sightings of Aquaman to somehow learn his fighting style? It's definitely not the first thing he tends to do in fights, just saying.

FlawlessFridge
the way you use lol, reminds me of an old poster. But I'm sure you're not Surtur... wink lol! Alright Whirly, at least tell me what Surtur does if you're trying to say I'm a "sock" of them or something. A commonly used acronym ain't exactly convincing

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Common knowledge only applies to what the public of their respective earths know of them.

In Aquamans case?

http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/talktoffish.jpg

Seems like they don't know much.

Even 'tapping into cyberspace' isn't the win here. Forum matches are in a neutral earth, whilst there are features which enable powers (so in this neutral earth, the power cosmic exists as does magic as does the Speed Force etcetc), it's not as if there's an internet for Tony to link into any more than there is a convenient colony of gigantic sea monsters Arthur can call on.

StiltmanFTW
*insert a joke from Peacemaker show*

vin

DarkSaint85
Oh THAT'S common knowledge.

Maybe Tony can build a sexy fish for Arthur. Seaman-buster.

h1a8

MrMind

FlawlessFridge
Originally posted by h1a8
Notice how I claimed that 616 Iron Man has no quantifiable feats above 200 tons.
If you disagree then post the feats (scans or issue numbers). That's how you debate.
Notice how every single feat I listed was for 616 Iron Man

Neo-Classic Iron Man sends Iron Clad flying miles away with a repulsor boosted hit: Avengers West Coast (1989) #53

Iron Man (classic armor) topples mountains with the shockwaves of his punches: Marvel Feature (1971) #12

Classic Iron Man punch sends cracks throughout a man-made island while trying not to kill everyone: Iron Man (1968) #127

Deep-space armor overpowers West Coast level force and was tanking explosion: Iron Man: Fatal Frontier Infinite Comic - Issue #1

Neo Classic armor tanks blast from Thanos that destroys the West Coast: INFINITY GAUNTLET (1991) ISSUE #2

Iron Man Model 42 escapes center of black hole caused by the self-destruction of Godkiller (which is ancient and was capable of killing celestials): Iron Man (2013) issue #16

Extremis Iron Man bullrushes Terrax into Space in just a few panels and blasted him through a satellite + out of the Solar System: Iron Man (2020) #1

Iron Man's repulsors cancel out Earthquakes that would be 9-11 on the Richter Scale - Iron Man (1968) Annual 12

I put repulsor feats because they are battle relevant.

I have plenty of scans of Iron Man/War Machine suits lifting far over that 200 ton headcanon, Iuckily for you I cannot post links and all my images are too big. If you don't accept these feats, I'll list some more.

Stoic

FlawlessFridge
Notice how every single feat I listed was for 616 Iron Man

Neo-Classic Iron Man sends Iron Clad flying miles away with a repulsor boosted hit: Avengers West Coast (1989) #53

Iron Man (classic armor) topples mountains with the shockwaves of his punches: Marvel Feature (1971) #12

Classic Iron Man punch sends cracks throughout a man-made island while trying not to kill everyone: Iron Man (1968) #127

Deep-space armor overpowers West Coast level force and was tanking explosion: Iron Man: Fatal Frontier Infinite Comic - Issue #1

Neo Classic armor tanks blast from Thanos that destroys the West Coast: INFINITY GAUNTLET (1991) ISSUE #2

Iron Man Model 42 escapes center of black hole caused by the self-destruction of Godkiller (which is ancient and was capable of killing celestials): Iron Man (2013) issue #16

Extremis Iron Man bullrushes Terrax into Space in just a few panels and blasted him through a satellite + out of the Solar System: Iron Man (2020) #1

Iron Man's repulsors cancel out Earthquakes that would be 9-11 on the Richter Scale - Iron Man (1968) Annual 12

I put repulsor feats because they are battle relevant.

I have plenty of scans of Iron Man/War Machine suits lifting far over that 200 ton headcanon, Iuckily for you I cannot post links and all my images are too big. If you don't accept these feats, I'll list some more.
Some more since I couldn't post the scans

Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #3: Bleeding Edge Iron Man drags a submarine from half a mile in the ocean

Invincible Iron Man (2008) #519: Model 39 War Machine lifts a massive boat structure

Iron Man (1968)#121: Classic Iron Man tows 5 battleships, each weighing over 50,000 tons

Iron Man: Iron Protocols - Extremis armor physically stopped a rocket that dwarfed the Helicarrier in size and it was too heavy for the Helicarrier to lift more than a piece

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85
Some more since I couldn't post the scans

Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #3: Bleeding Edge Iron Man drags a submarine from half a mile in the ocean

Invincible Iron Man (2008) #519: Model 39 War Machine lifts a massive boat structure

Iron Man (1968)#121: Classic Iron Man tows 5 battleships, each weighing over 50,000 tons

Iron Man: Iron Protocols - Extremis armor physically stopped a rocket that dwarfed the Helicarrier in size and it was too heavy for the Helicarrier to lift more than a piece

Lol this is how H1 operates.

They'll make a statement, posting zero proof.
They'll ask the other side to prove everything
They'll nitpick the proof posted.

H1 doesn't actually know much past what they can get from respect threads, and even then they refuse to actually post anything supporting their stance.

StiltmanFTW
H1 doesn't actually know much past what they can get from respect threads, and even then they refuse to actually post anything supporting their stance.

You're giving h1 way too much credit, assuming he actually bothers to check those.

To this day I don't know what he's actually doing here. His true purpose. But it can't be anything good.

Old Man Whirly!
You're giving h1 way too much credit, assuming he actually bothers to check those.

To this day I don't know what he's actually doing here. His true purpose. But it can't be anything good. H1 is a genius Stilt, his mask never slips. That may even be what he is practising.

StiltmanFTW
What a way to spend 17 years.

Old Man Whirly!
What a way to spend 17 years. No doubt laughing out loud He is a staple here.

EcstaticGrace

FlawlessFridge
Lol this is how H1 operates.

They'll make a statement, posting zero proof.
They'll ask the other side to prove everything
They'll nitpick the proof posted.

H1 doesn't actually know much past what they can get from respect threads, and even then they refuse to actually post anything supporting their stance. I figured they'd be weird somehow. I posted a bunch of feats just so that it'd be more ridiculous for them to try to nitpick anything. I doubt they'd bother to actually look at half of what I posted, which is fine because most people underestimate Iron Man anyway so I don't mind putting out proof.

Putting characters like Iron Man, Thing, or even Namor (who doesn't seem to have any quantifiable feat above city level) under 1,000 tonners is laughable. Very wild to claim Iron Man had no feats above 200 tons. I'd bet most of the characters on the level Tony gets put at don't even have the amount of good quantifiable feats that Iron Man has.

That's not even going into the whole weird "don't use ABC scaling" thing when I literally was just explaining a specific ability that allows Iron Man to operate far above his normal level for a few seconds. They bring up stuff like Spider-Man beating Firelord which is completely different considering Spider-Man was un-amped, at his normal levels of strength lmao In all honesty it just came off as Aquaman fan cope by acting like what the majority of people think about Iron Man is more important than what actually happened in the comics.

Their argument really backfired when trying to imply Aquaman is quantifiably on par with Namor, AKA the guy who wouldn't be nearly as impressive without scaling off of what guys like Thing, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor ect. could do. Luckily for them I'm not trying to lowball Arthur's strength here.

EcstaticGrace

FlawlessFridge
@EcstaticGrace

I was actually referring to H1 who asked for proof, not you. I wasn't the one who claimed he could match Hulk, I gave that person the context of it though.

EcstaticGrace
@FlawlessFridge apologies then. Your Namor comment seemed directed at me though. Or atleast I perceived it that way. But my mistake

Old Man Whirly!
@EcstaticGrace

I was actually referring to H1 who asked for proof, not you. I wasn't the one who claimed he could match Hulk, I gave that person the context of it though. You're a nice guy Flawless Fridge, no doubt.

FlawlessFridge
@FlawlessFridge apologies then. Your Namor comment seemed directed at me though. Or atleast I perceived it that way. But my mistake You're good, for that Namor thing I was talking about when H1 said this on page 5

Really putting any of these 4 in the 100-300 ton range is some heavy lowball, but I was mainly referring to that first sentence. H1 had later brought up scaling off the Hulk when that was never what I was trying to do in the first place so I wanted to point out how removing scaling and then calling Aquaman a peer to Namor is really not helpful for Aquaman in this fight.

Namor would barely be above nuke level without scaling, that's all I'm saying.

abhilegend
Iron man is one of those characters who have a lot of feats to draw from but is always shown inferior to a true top tier. Not so long ago he admitted he couldn't beat she hulk (unamped) and Thor/Hulk beat the crap out of him in pretty one sided encounters.

He still wins here.

EcstaticGrace

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by abhilegend
Iron man is one of those characters who have a lot of feats to draw from but is always shown inferior to a true top tier. Not so long ago he admitted he couldn't beat she hulk (unamped) and Thor/Hulk beat the crap out of him in pretty one sided encounters.

He still wins here. laughing out loud thumb up very good post!

FlawlessFridge
You're a nice guy Flawless Fridge, no doubt. Aww thanks

FlawlessFridge
I pretty much agree with all of this, Iron Man actually does a have a few of "one of the strongest people on the planet" type of statements but I think it's fair to say Aquaman is closer to Superman physically than Iron Man is to Thor. Iron Man has the strength/durability to hang and can only win against top tiers if he amps himself (he's pretty damn dumb for not taking advantage of such an ability more often ngl) or exploits a weakness.

I honestly don't think Iron Man would be terribly far off from Aquaman physically to the point where his other abilities wouldn't give him an edge. Aquaman could probably defend against any of Iron Man's attacks with his trident, but Iron Man has the versatility to remove Arthur from the trident if it's too difficult for him to get around. I'd really say Tony has Aquaman's number, it just depends on how he wants to fight here.

If Iron Man is jobbing, Aquaman would break the suit in like 2 hits tbh though lmao or easily take off his helmet like Namor did that one time.

Old Man Whirly!
Alright Whirly, at least tell me what Surtur does if you're trying to say I'm a "sock" of them or something. A commonly used acronym ain't exactly convincing Not saying you're a sock. Surt was this angry guy we had here who many posters thought was an incel and spent much of his life getting owned. He had issues so I'll cut him some slack tbh. He was handicapped and possibly jobless and on a ton of medication which left him really screwed up. Not a bit like you mate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.