Does Western society need a healthier dialouge/discourse regarding our relation with death/mortality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dude111
Theres this recurring thought of mine,that what if death isnt as big of a deal as we make it out to be and it was just a control mechanism to keep us enslaved to priotise safety and comfort over freedom and self actualisation?

Yes fearing death is a primitive/innate behaviour to some extent and I feel like it is weaponised quite a bit by society.

Makes sense as when someone threatens suicide they try and stop them!!

TRYING TO FORCE THEM TO STAY HERE!!

Nuke Nixon
Yeah let's do away with Funerals, that just weird going out to look at a dead body and then having some brisket and potato salad.

And cemeteries are archaic ritualistic nonsense too, just disintegrate the bodies and get on with your lives. Who needs a headstone when no one is going to remember you in 100 years, anyone know anyone in some of those really old cemeteries NO so why waste all that land for nothing.

Yeah if life ain't goin so great for you go find out what's next, no sense dragging this shit out.

rudester
Death is inherent biological learned fear based totalitarian ideology. We are only supposed to reproduce and repopulate the species, nothing more. Cell division my friend,

Morning_Glory
wut?

rudester
Your mama's egg salad!!

rudester
Anal beeds

Nuke Nixon
Death, egg salad, anal beads

One of these things is not like the other

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.