The Great Barrington Declaration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ilikecomics

Old Man Whirly!
Again...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/09/herd-immunity-letter-signed-fake-experts-dr-johnny-bananas-covid

Old Man Whirly!
Again...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/09/herd-immunity-letter-signed-fake-experts-dr-johnny-bananas-covid

The Great Barrington Declaration was sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research, a libertarian free-market think tank associated with climate change denial.

Robtard
"Herd immunity letter signed by fake experts including 'Dr Johnny Bananas" -snip

Oh Rightist...

jaden_2.0
How did relaxing covid restrictions work out after the 1st wave again?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
How did relaxing covid restrictions work out after the 1st wave again?

Then why are Democrats not calling for lockdowns in the future ?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Again...

The Great Barrington Declaration was sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research, a libertarian free-market think tank associated with climate change denial.

Is there a problem that it was organized by libertarians ?

jaden_2.0
Vaccines

ilikecomics
Vaccines

Is that in response to the question of why it's a problem that a libertarian think tank sponsored the Barrington declaration ?

jaden_2.0
No

cdtm

jaden_2.0
You'll have to ask Dr Johnny Fartpants, Professor Cominic Dummings and Dr Person Fakename

ilikecomics
Originally posted by cdtm
Why does the left ignore the science?

Because the state has co-opted science by incentivizing research that legitimizes the state to begin with.

A similar thing happened with academia, which is why the majority of professors are left. They were purchased by the state to repeat the party line, that way if you disagree with the party line you're disagreeing with the "smart" guys.

Fauci is to covid what Lysenko was to humiliating starvation.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up lysenkoism (a collection of retarded pseudo-scientific bullshit that a guy, who was afraid to give bad news in a shoot the messenger society, passed as actual science.

Now when talking about how people were starved in Russia the left just scapegoats Lysenko, instead of the system that produces bad science.

ilikecomics
You'll have to ask Dr Johnny Fartpants, Professor Cominic Dummings and Dr Person Fakename

Wouldn't surprise me if leftists added those names, so they could later use them as an excuse to dismiss the entire document.

Even if only 5k Doctors signed it, it should give provaxx people pause.

Robtard
Dr Johnny Bananas

jaden_2.0
Amusing that you think "the state" is left wing.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by ilikecomics
it should give provaxx people pause.

Why?

cdtm
Again...

Excellent, proof this is indeed backed by experts from prestigious universities.

ilikecomics
Excellent, proof this is indeed backed by experts from prestigious universities.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social

Here's from Bloomberg, dunno if that's left enough, saying EU medicine team says boostering could harm your immune system.

jaden_2.0
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social

Here's from Bloomberg, dunno if that's left enough, saying EU medicine team says boostering could harm your immune system.

Except that's entirely not what it says though.

ilikecomics
Except that's entirely not what it says though.

Fill me in, I just read it but I must have missed something.

jaden_2.0
Yeah you must've missed the bit where it says "you can boost once, maybe twice"

You must've also must've misinterpreted the bit where it says it can affect "immune response" which is specific to a single virus/vaccine with immune system which is not.

Except I don't think you did miss it. I think you knew that and decided to attempt to misrepresent it deliberately and hoped no one would notice.

-Pr-
Why does the left ignore the science?

You really get off on being disingenuous as ****, don't you.

ilikecomics
Yeah you must've missed the bit where it says "you can boost once, maybe twice"

You must've also must've misinterpreted the bit where it says it can affect "immune response" which is specific to a single virus/vaccine with immune system which is not.

Except I don't think you did miss it. I think you knew that and decided to attempt to misrepresent it deliberately and hoped no one would notice.

What you say actually makes alot of sense. Thank you for clearing that up.

I don't intentionally misrepresent things, I'm going off my info sources the way anyone else does.

The point I took from the article is that continuous boosting will compromise the immune system, which seems like an inevitability because it was originally only going to be 1 vax, then it became 2, now you need 3+ a booster, and I predict the boosting will go on indefinitely.

Am I wrong in those assumptions ?

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
You really get off on being disingenuous as ****, don't you.

Never gonna hear the end of it now, they'll repost this comnent forever.. 😵

ilikecomics
Never gonna hear the end of it now, they'll repost this comnent forever.. 😵

Sounds like something someone disingenuous would say stick out tongue

jaden_2.0

The point I took from the article is that continuous boosting will compromise the immune system, which seems like an inevitability because it was originally only going to be 1 vax, then it became 2, now you need 3+ a booster, and I predict the boosting will go on indefinitely.

Am I wrong in those assumptions ?

Yes, you're wrong in those assumptions because your immune system responding to one specific stimuli doesn't affect how it responds to a completely different stimuli. The point they are trying to make is that they believe if you keep immunising against SARS-CoV-2 then your body won't create antibodies naturally against SARS-CoV-2 if and when the need arises. It doesn't mean your body won't create antibodies against any other virus. I don't know what, if any, their scientific basis is for that hypothesis because I haven't read any scientific literature about it. It should also be noted that many of the European countries that the EMA speak on behalf of have been critical of the UK for essentially "hogging" all the vaccines they've manufactured for their own citizens and so arguing against boosters is something they've done as a roundabout way of saying the UK should be providing those boosters to other European countries instead of boosting their own citizens.

ilikecomics
Yes, you're wrong in those assumptions because your immune system responding to one specific stimuli doesn't affect how it responds to a completely different stimuli. The point they are trying to make is that they believe if you keep immunising against SARS-CoV-2 then your body won't create antibodies naturally against SARS-CoV-2 if and when the need arises. It doesn't mean your body won't create antibodies against any other virus. I don't know what, if any, their scientific basis is for that hypothesis because I haven't read any scientific literature about it. It should also be noted that many of the European countries that the EMA speak on behalf of have been critical of the UK for essentially "hogging" all the vaccines they've manufactured for their own citizens and so arguing against boosters is something they've done as a roundabout way of saying the UK should be providing those boosters to other European countries instead of boosting their own citizens.

If your body quits making covid antibodies, doesn't that mean you would have to boost indefinitely ?

jaden_2.0
If your body quits making covid antibodies, doesn't that mean you would have to boost indefinitely ?

They don't know what will happen because there's never been a virus that's needed multiple boosters within a short period of time. They'll have to study Israel closely but to answer you more directly. Theoretically, no because the booster's ability to illicit an immune response will also drop so there'd be no point.

A better tactic would be to stop boosters after the 3rd total dose and reengineer the vaccine for newer variants

Lord Lucien
If your body quits making covid antibodies, doesn't that mean you would have to boost indefinitely ? Not necessarily. The immune system is weird. Memory B cells patrol the lymphatic system waiting for that same pathogen to show up again. They don't produce antibodies, they just walk and watch. As soon as the pathogen shows up again they can instantly transform in Plasma cells that produce the specified antibodies en masse without needing to wait for the days-long activation process that initiated those B cells in the first place (which can be too long and the organism can be killed in the waiting period).

Alot of the logic behind boosters isn't to "re-immunize" someone, but rather to pre-empt Memory B cell movement during times of mass infections or outbreaks, like the spiking numbers from Delta or Omicron. Even the fully vaccinated can still play host to the virus as it replicates and mutates (albeit it has a MUCH harder time doing so), so the quicker their bodies eliminate the pathogen (due to recent re-activation of their Memory B's via boosters) the less likely a new variant will emerge via reproduction-mutation.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Not necessarily. The immune system is weird. Memory B cells patrol the lymphatic system waiting for that same pathogen to show up again. They don't produce antibodies, they just walk and watch. As soon as the pathogen shows up again they can instantly transform in Plasma cells that produce the specified antibodies en masse without needing to wait for the days-long activation process that initiated those B cells in the first place (which can be too long and the organism can be killed in the waiting period).

Alot of the logic behind boosters isn't to "re-immunize" someone, but rather to pre-empt Memory B cell movement during times of mass infections or outbreaks, like the spiking numbers from Delta or Omicron. Even the fully vaccinated can still play host to the virus as it replicates and mutates (albeit it has a MUCH harder time doing so), so the quicker their bodies eliminate the pathogen (due to recent re-activation of their Memory B's via boosters) the less likely a new variant will emerge via reproduction-mutation.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you.

Old Man Whirly!
Amusingly this is the 3rd time this poster as "ilikecomics" has bought up the not so great Barrington Declaration.

ilikecomics
Amusingly this is the 3rd time this poster as "ilikecomics" has bought up the not so great Barrington Declaration.

When I made this thread is literally the first I've ever heard of it. I saw it on vox days blog. He dates all of his entries, his blog is vox Populi if you want to check it.

You can quote me mentioning, otherwise I'm going to assume you're lying about me intentionally.

Old Man Whirly!
When I made this thread is literally the first I've ever heard of it. I saw it on vox days blog. He dates all of his entries, his blog is vox Populi if you want to check it.

You can quote me mentioning, otherwise I'm going to assume you're lying about me intentionally. Sadly those threads from that time are gone now...

Old Man Whirly!

You can quote me mentioning, otherwise I'm going to assume you're lying about me intentionally. https://i.imgur.com/CQYNOLB.jpg Whilst the old threads you posted it in are long gone here's you changing the subject after one of the times you or your pal raised it and it got debunked... mmm

cdtm
Was never debunked, merely smeared without reason, as is par for the course.

Old Man Whirly!
Was never debunked, merely smeared without reason, as is par for the course. mmm dur

Funny stuff

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2022/01/04/while-covid-19-skyrockets-floridas-gov-desantis-and-surgeon-general-ladapo-are-still-spreading-misinformation/

Robtard

And it won't be the last, their claims being debunked via science, logic, reason and/or facts is never a deterrent to them.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
And it won't be the last, their claims being debunked via science, logic, reason and/or facts is never a deterrent to them. they are under orders to repeat the same shit over and over like broken records. I still think Trump will get prosecuted over Jan 6 eventually.

ilikecomics
https://i.imgur.com/CQYNOLB.jpg Whilst the old threads you posted it in are long gone here's you changing the subject after one of the times you or your pal raised it and it got debunked... mmm

I didn't comment on the declaration there, I was asking squall about how he felt about the idea of a president because he's libertarian lite in the vein of Thomas sowell

Edit: I concede that I shouldve seen the declaration and the discussion around it. So you win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.