Supermen rankings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Live action Supermen ranked in the following categories:

-Strength

-Speed

-Durability

-Intelligence

-Overall

Supermen:

-DCEU Superman
-Smallville Superman
-Reeve Superman
-CW Superman
-MCU Ikaris
-Homelander
-Hancock

relentless1
Reeves ranks first overall followed by Cavill, the rest don't matter

riv6672
-Reeve Superman
-DCEU Superman
-Smallville Superman
-CW Superman/Hancock
-MCU Ikaris
-Homelander

Arachnid1
As far as strength, Smallville Clark was freaking broken. It's either him or Reeves in 1st. Cavill is third. Smallville Clark pushed a literal planet away from Earth. I can't remember Reeves doing anything that wild. Closest he got was pushing the moon and pushing large sections of crust together to restore a fault line. Cavill Supes did the fault line thing in a newspaper clipping, but that was also likely an easter egg for Reeves (and not used here per mod rules; I think that's kind of BS personally).

Speed wise, Smallville Clark ran so fast electricity froze from his perspective and he's outran beams of light. Reeves flew around the planet fast as hell, but Smallville Clark edges him out here (you could also make the reaction time vs flying speed argument against Reeves since he had to build up that speed and really just had to fly nearly straight with no obstacles).

Those three are definitely on top, with a huge lead over the others.

NemeBro
Originally posted by playa1258
Live action Supermen ranked in the following categories:

-Strength

-Speed

-Durability

-Intelligence

-Overall

Supermen:

-DCEU Superman
-Smallville Superman
-Reeve Superman
-CW Superman
-MCU Ikaris
-Homelander
-Hancock

Haven't seen Eternals so can't rank Ikaris. I know a bit more about CW Superman but not enough to really rank so gonna omit him too.

Anyway, in strength, speed, and durability it probably goes like this:

Smallville > Reeves > Cavill > Hancock > Homelander. The only category I think is arguable is speed, and only because Homelander might edge out Hancock there. Homelander saving Butcher and the baby from an explosion is bluntly a better speed and reaction-time feat than anything Hancock did onscreen. Some try to argue that he painted the moon so fast no one noticed it but I don't find this argument especially compelling. The reality is we don't even know how he painted it. Did he use a brush? Or did he slowly carve the exterior and then just filled it with red paint a few hundred thousand tons at a time? But more than that, it's a silly meme feat that was just poorly thought-out by the writers. If Hancock was that fast, why didn't he just disarm the dude with the bomb remote by rushing him and grabbing his hand to keep him from releasing the trigger? Why did he have to sever it with a thrown cymbal to keep him from releasing it? We see him throughout the film and at no point does he actually exhibit anything beyond supersonic flight speed, and unlike the portrayals of Superman here for example he doesn't even seem particularly maneuverable while flying.

Intelligence is hard to rank so I'm omitting it.

TheVaultDweller
The only really notable intellect feat, if you want to call it that, from any Superman on this list that I can recall is actually the CW version, who's stated to have learned and is able to speak every human language.

To be honest, the smartest "Superman" type character I've seen in live-action is probably Superboy from Titans, who has actually been depicted as highly intelligent when it comes to things like science, technology etc.

Robtard
I've only watched the first few seasons of Smallville and that's a haze as is, but what did that Clark do that was faster than Reeve's flying so fast he traveled back in time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.