Who could replace Boris Johnson?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blakemore
There's been calls for him to resign for quite a while now due to breaking his own lockdown rules, but who do you think would replace him?

Rishi Sunak has for a long time been the favourite, but Liz Truss has gained popularity recently due to her strong stance in Brexit despite being a remainer during the campaign. I think she'll be the successor. The 2019 election was clearly the "Brexit" election and she's taking it seriously with arguing to trigger article 16 which would change trade deals between NI and GB. Sunak is still popular, but a bit of an outsider with the rest of the party. Although he didn't attend the christmas party, members of his staff did. I'm not sure if the party or the British public would accept him as Prime Minister.

What are your thoughts? Or would Boris hold out until the next election and lose to Starmer?

Robtard
I'd say a "not Tory", but from what I understand that's nigh impossible for you lot considering the grip that party has on your government.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd say a "not Tory", but from what I understand that's nigh impossible for you lot considering the grip that party has on your government. The fixed term act means no election until May '24 unless 2/3s of parliament vote no confidence, which is in fact possible, but it would mean 417 votes, which would have to include a third of his own party. They'd sooner push him out and get a successor, which is why I think it would be Liz Truss.

We have local elections in May, and the Tories have been doing terrible lately. Farage believes he will wait until the May elections and his party will be punished. They're already slumping in the polls so forcing him out seems likely this summer. Anthony Eden, Harold MacMillan, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair and Theresa May were all forced out by their parties so it's not farfetched to assume.

Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/6gr7K4K.jpg my pick

Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/9rZzJrm.jpg

Maybe...

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/6gr7K4K.jpg my pick

the dumb ape (on the right) is clearly overqualified

Blakemore
laughing out loud

_zYXM91N35k

samhain
Maybe Roland Rat's friend, Kevin The Gerbil could replace him, or perhaps Paul Chuckle has the time now that his brother Barry is dead, I still see Bert from Trap Door as the frontrunner TBH.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by samhain
Maybe Roland Rat's friend, Kevin The Gerbil could replace him, or perhaps Paul Chuckle has the time now that his brother Barry is dead, I still see Bert from Trap Door as the frontrunner TBH.

It's Berk.

samhain
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's Berk.

Oh yeah, I must've portmanteau'd Berk and Drutt.

Blakemore
Originally posted by samhain
Maybe Roland Rat's friend, Kevin The Gerbil could replace him, or perhaps Paul Chuckle has the time now that his brother Barry is dead, I still see Bert from Trap Door as the frontrunner TBH. Barry Chuckle is dead? sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.