2 men take dead man to post office to claim pension

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/22/two-men-take-corpse-into-irish-post-office-to-claim-dead-mans-pension?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Anyone remember weekend at Bernies?

-Pr-
My brother knows the family that runs the post office. From what he was told, the guys didn't even do a good job of hiding the fact that the guy was dead. They literally thought just showing up and carrying him would be enough.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by -Pr-
My brother knows the family that runs the post office. From what he was told, the guys didn't even do a good job of hiding the fact that the guy was dead. They literally thought just showing up and carrying him would be enough. As you know mu mum is of Irish extraction and I have an Irish passport. So no Irish jokes here about Paddy, Mick and the dead man.

Blakemore
Whirly O'Hara got di lurvely tay-ters wi di greyvee. Oh aye!

I'm not that good at Irish accents.

samhain
My friend was in a job centre either applying for a job or signing on to get money and there was a guy at the next desk with a shoe box in his lap, the woman at the desk went off to get him his cheque, when she returned the guy opened up the shoe box to reveal a dead pigeon and he goes; 'What about his money?' The woman went off to get a supervisor but basically, the guy got another cheque, whether or not it had anything written on it I don't know.

True story, happened about 1999.

jaden_2.0
Pigeon would get sanctioned these days

Jtst
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Pigeon would get sanctioned these days is that your expectation reality would be happy to upheave? Define 'pidgeon'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.