Does anyone agree with this article on Black Adam?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
BA is pretty bada**, but do anyone agree with numbers 1-4 of this list? Discuss.

"10 Marvel Heroes Black Adam Can Beat | CBR" https://www.cbr.com/marvel-heroes-black-adam-can-beat/

Juntai
Yep. Though he'd have to really blitz Hulk and get him out of the fight before he really amped up and makes it difficult. If Hulk is already full go, it becomes more difficult.

carver9
The only being that can compete with Hulk from DC is Superman. Adam beats everyone on the list except Hulk and pulls a slight debatable majority against Thor. Everything else, I agree with.

8swords
Originally posted by carver9
Adam beats everyone on the list except Thor and pulls a onesided majority against Hulk. Everything else, I agree with.

I agree with this

beatboks
Of the top 4 I'd say BA beats IM.

Vs Hyperion and Thor I'd call it a split. I dont think a clear majority exists either way.

Vs Hyperion BA probably has a slight edge in durability (and damage soak), they are close to even on strengrh and Hyperion has the speed edge.

Vs Thor the esoteric abilities Mjilnor gives him even out any shortfall in physicals (IMHO, where a forum fight is concerned)

Hulk imo is stronger and more durable that BA and hentakes the majority

carver9
Originally posted by 8swords
I agree with this

LMAO... glad I never said that. Hulk fts are too solid for Adam to pull a majority (hell, a win). Hulk walk through teams that consists of people just as powerful as Adam and the showings are so common that at this point we don't even acknowledge it anymore. Adam can't beat Hulk.

Bentley
Adam would legit reject all the egyptian gods to get in the good graces of the gamma god

cdtm
The only being that can compete with Hulk from DC is Superman. Adam beats everyone on the list except Hulk and pulls a slight debatable majority against Thor. Everything else, I agree with.

Actually, literally every time Adam and Superman fought in the past, Adam had the upper hand.

New52 don't count, DC gutted Fawcett's legacy.

h1a8
BA can use speed or BFR Hulk.

Old Man Whirly!
I think Wonderman has a shot if he uses all his powers, size changing, teleportation and not just strength, flight and blasts.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by lawest9
BA is pretty bada**, but do anyone agree with numbers 1-4 of this list? Discuss.

"10 Marvel Heroes Black Adam Can Beat | CBR" https://www.cbr.com/marvel-heroes-black-adam-can-beat/

Hyperion would win but Hulk/Thor lose.

carthage

lawest9
LMAO... glad I never said that. Hulk fts are too solid for Adam to pull a majority (hell, a win). Hulk walk through teams that consists of people just as powerful as Adam and the showings are so common that at this point we don't even acknowledge it anymore. Adam can't beat Hulk. Adam stands a good chance of beating Hulk, the Hulk feats you are alluding to are ones accomplished by versions of Hulk like World Breaker and other over the top versions of him, you bare in mind that World Breaker has only a few appearances and it is no more plausible for you to based all Hulk related threads using that version of him than it is for me to judge what Superman could do in every fight if he sundipped like he did in JL#25, Which is a Supes level leagues above World Breaker.

Hulk at his normal levels can be challenged and beaten by any mid-high level herald.

Stoic
He'd lose to the Hulk in pitched combat. BFR is needed to be more effective.

Hyperion has him beat in strength, durability, and quick draw energy attacks, while speed is about even. Never understood why people thought that Black Adam would defeat Gladiator? Magic is cool and all, but laser, or atomic vision is so much faster. I mean if used to blind him.

Thor may actually be too much for Teth.

I agree with the rest.

Stoic
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I think Wonderman has a shot if he uses all his powers, size changing, teleportation and not just strength, flight and blasts.

I guess that Marvel wants Simon to remain nerfed.

lawest9
Originally posted by Stoic
I guess that Marvel wants Simon to remain nerfed. Outside of Superman DC tends to do that most of their heroes.

cdtm
Outside of Superman DC tends to do that most of their heroes.

Not so much lately.

Hal beats up two sun amped Zod and Wonder Woman saves the multiverse.

lawest9
Originally posted by cdtm
Not so much lately.

Hal beats up two sun amped Zod and Wonder Woman saves the multiverse. OK, 'bout time DC spread the love, Lol.

cdtm
OK, 'bout time DC spread the love, Lol.

Wally too, he actually beat Barry in a race. Fastest man alive.

I just wish Kyle Rayner would get some love. Any time he gets an amp, nothing gets done with it. He's the definition of a B lister. Even Guy got to beat up Arkillo ringless.

Deserves better imo, the character carried the GL brand like a champ post Zero Hour.

Old Man Whirly!
I guess that Marvel wants Simon to remain nerfed. which is a shame he is a good character who has had some great arcs imo.

Robtard
BA > Hulk 9.9 out of 10 fights, odd Hulk was #1 on the list.

lawest9
Wally too, he actually beat Barry in a race. Fastest man alive.

I just wish Kyle Rayner would get some love. Any time he gets an amp, nothing gets done with it. He's the definition of a B lister. Even Guy got to beat up Arkillo ringless.

Deserves better imo, the character carried the GL brand like a champ post Zero Hour. If I understand correctly, Wally has already been considered as the fastest of Flashes, although it always seem to me that silver Age Barry was truly the fastest of all.

As for Kyle I remember one Uber feat where he strained with all of his possible will power ( nose bleeding from the concentration ) to keep our sun from going nova and succeeded, that was pretty much high end.

xJLxKing
That article is surprisingly accurate

cdtm
If I understand correctly, Wally has already been considered as the fastest of Flashes, although it always seem to me that silver Age Barry was truly the fastest of all.

As for Kyle I remember one Uber feat where he strained with all of his possible will power ( nose bleeding from the concentration ) to keep our sun from going nova and succeeded, that was pretty much high end.

That was from the DC 1million story. It was Solaris going nova, the computer tyrant sun.

You may remember him from All Star Superman. He's one of the reasons fans speculate DC 1mil and ASS are in the same continuity, along with other nods.

But I think that was before Kyle revived the GL Corps, which happened after he got the Ion powers. And definitely well before Hal became Spectre, or was resurrected.

In other words, Kyle was THE GL when he did that feat. Ever since Hal came back, he's kind of been pushed behind Guy, John, and even the new guy who used a gun (Forget his name).

lawest9
That was from the DC 1million story. It was Solaris going nova, the computer tyrant sun.

You may remember him from All Star Superman. He's one of the reasons fans speculate DC 1mil and ASS are in the same continuity, along with other nods.

But I think that was before Kyle revived the GL Corps, which happened after he got the Ion powers. And definitely well before Hal became Spectre, or was resurrected.

In other words, Kyle was THE GL when he did that feat. Ever since Hal came back, he's kind of been pushed behind Guy, John, and even the new guy who used a gun (Forget his name). Thank you, I THOUGHT that was from the 1 million story arc but wasn't sure.

Philosophía
No link from CBR should ever be posted without being archived as to not give in to their click baity shit.

That being said, to answer the thread, Black Adam rather handily beats Iron Man and Hyperion , he'd beat Thor with but a fraction of his speed , and beats the shit out of Hulk until he is either KOd or burns out and turns back to Banner by using the godly staming.Originally posted by lawest9
OK, 'bout time DC spread the love, Lol. What? Virtually all of DC's top heroes are not only more powerful than they've been in decades, but if any of the Hal, Diana, Flash, Kyle etc. would switch Universes they'd instantly shoot to the top as one of, if not the most powerful heroes around. Hell, you can put John Stewart as a GL in Marvel and Iron Man would presume Galactus has gone mad to put so much power in a herald.

lawest9
Nice that they upgraded their power levels, but what high end feats outside of Superman do they have to match Marvels heavy hitters?

Philosophía
You'll have to read the comics and find out, to see what "DC tends to do".

That's where you'll see "the love" that you're searching for.

lawest9
I wouldn't count too much on seeing "the love", Marvel's high end feats outmatched DC's.

Philosophía
Ooga booga.

Me Am Not Feeling Love. Me am Marvel. Marvel Me Am Best. Me AM Please Notice Me.

Sniky bro. Snikt.

lawest9
Lol, yeah you are a booger all right, however I'm not a Marvel fan boy so much as I lean more towards DC, I just think that Marvel has more characters with more high end feats.

Philosophía
Me am not read comics. Me am nanobrain. No storage. Only words.

Cold sweats. Dad's spaghetti.

Lucid dreams and Yetti. Hugh is so crazy.

lawest9
We'll pray for your dumb mindedness so don't be so hard on yourself.😆😆😆😆😆

Philosophía
😆😆😆😆😆

Me am so fun. Fun like the grass.

Mass.

Shit with class.

Eat with no hands.

lawessssst

Sho nuf.

This is the most attention you've gotten in 14 years here. You're welcome, friend.

Friend. Bend. Head in the sand.

Pick your brain up and throw it in the trash can.

Yoooo.

Stoic
DC characters do indeed have some impressive feats against inanimate objects, but the translation tends to get lost when combat begins. Black Adam would need to BFR the Hulk to win, because slugging it out would play to the Hulk's strength. Thor is currently being written by Stilt, so he'll need a few years to recover.

The question with the Hulk vs Black Adam is this; Is Black Adam too fast for him? If so, wouldn't that contradict the times that the Hulk has beaten characters the were presumably much faster than he is? His battle against the Sentry is most likely the best example to draw from.

carver9
Or this and Gladiator speed fts>Black Adams

http://i.imgur.com/VGIpifjm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/32MIreCm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ahFIJmvm.jpg

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Stoic
Abhi, is Black Adam stronger than the Hulk?

Stoic
Or this and Gladiator speed fts>Black Adams

http://i.imgur.com/VGIpifjm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/32MIreCm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ahFIJmvm.jpg

Is that canon?

-Pr-
Is that canon?

It's from a comic called "Hulk: Pantheon Raid" iirc, though I don't know/remember if it's canon.

abhilegend
Abhi, is Black Adam stronger than the Hulk?
Doesn't need to be to beat him. Originally posted by Stoic
Is that canon?
Its not.

Stoic
Thanks for the info Pr, and Abhi. I did a search on Kona Lar, Yeti, and Screamer and got nothing resembling those characters in the book. I'm not 100% sure, but the comic was 13 pages long. I'm guessing that those 2 reasons alone invalidate the books canon? As I said though, I'm not 100% sure though?

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doesn't need to be to beat him.
Its not.

Least it wasn't a dream he was trying to pass off as reality.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doesn't need to be to beat him.
Its not.

You have to remember that this is a forum battle. The Hulk is being used like all other characters in forum matches at full capacity. Use of low showings show holes in what otherwise may be perceived as an invincible opponent to the unwary, or misinformed debater. What I've learned (which should be clearly obvious to most), is that these low showings may at times be due to weakness exploitation, and should be treated as such.

In this debate, there are clearly 3 characters that could upset Black Adam's so called reign over Marvel's High Herald plus tier.

If evidence exists that proves that a character can defend against assaults such as; blitz attacks due to simply being fast enough (reactive speed or otherwise); resist, or survive magical attacks even though they are vulnerable to magic, based upon their constitution, absorb finite, or unknown amounts of radiant energy etc. We know that there is a possibility for them to compete against characters that may be capable of launching many of those attacks.

At full capacity, I do not believe that Black Adam would be able to defeat the Hulk, especially not on neutral ground.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.